HELP Match DataWindow expression function

Hi friends, i need to set a field  with letters of A to Z, numbers of 0 to 9
and the sign -

Match(GetText(), "^[A-Z0-9]+$") no work
Match(GetText(),'-') or Match(GetText(), "^[A-Z0-9]+$") no work
Match(GetText(), "^[-]^[A-Z0-9]+$") no work

It`s possible to set letters,numbers and sign - for a field...?

Thanks

Karla

0
Karla

Try MessageBox ("Match", Match ("ab-9", "^[a-zA-Z0-9\-]+$"))

Dash is a control character, so you have to escape it.

Good luck,

--
*********************************
PowerBuilder for $95? No.

*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
7/10/2007 3:36:34 PM
Thanks, work fine...!!!

"Terry Voth [TeamSybase]" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> Try MessageBox ("Match", Match ("ab-9", "^[a-zA-Z0-9\-]+$"))
>
> Dash is a control character, so you have to escape it.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> Karla wrote:
>> Hi friends, i need to set a field  with letters of A to Z, numbers of 0
>> to 9 and the sign -
>>
>> Match(GetText(), "^[A-Z0-9]+$") no work
>> Match(GetText(),'-') or Match(GetText(), "^[A-Z0-9]+$") no work
>> Match(GetText(), "^[-]^[A-Z0-9]+$") no work
>>
>> It`s possible to set letters,numbers and sign - for a field...?
>

> --
> *********************************
> PowerBuilder for $95? No.
> Personal use PB Enterprise *AND* PocketBuilder *AND* DW.NET *AND* Sybase
> IQ as
> free benefits of an ISUG membership. See http://www.isug.com for details.
> *** For a limited time, use promotion code MP20224C to get a $10 (USD)
> discount
> on a complete new or renewal membership
>
> *********************************
> Click once a day to help the hungry
> http://www.thehungersite.com
> *********************************
> Newsgroup User Manual
> =====================
> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> Forums = Peer-to-peer
> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> *********************************
>
> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 3.0.02 now available at the Sandbox
> PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
> See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=

0
Karla

Anything Like GetColumn() datawindow method in DataWindow expression function
Hi All, I'm Using PB703 Build 10213 I'd like to know if there is any DataWindow expression function that could give me the current Column on the DataWindow! Sthg like GetColumn() method is script! I've got a tabular datawindow, where I want to change the Border of a column when it is the current column (Just for the current row, too)! Is there any other way to do It? Thanks Check your event arguments for "DWO". That is a pointer to the current column. To check the name for example: ls_var = DWO.name Hope that helps. regards ... Chris ...

MATCH Function Help
Hi all, I want to check the password field in the DW with the following conds. 1. first letter should be a character . 2. the pwd should have atleast one numerals. 3. no special chars are allowed except $ and _ (Underscore).. I used Match function and i could able to check the first two but last one i couldn't.. Can any one help me to achieve this.. Thanks in Advance, Sriram Something like: Match (<string>, "^[a-z$_]+$") ^ binds to the start of the string $ binds to the end of the string [a-z$_] lists the characters it can be (I don't *t...

Matching and general expressions
Hello, I'm trying to learn and use the patterns. This is my first "serious" try with perl. I have a long list of words and phrases that I need to find. Let's take this example. I want to find this patterns anywhere, no matter if there are followed by other characters: Central PendingCall object PendingCall.getOutputParameter PendingCall.getOutputParameterByName PendingCall.getOutputParameters I have been trying this: pattern="m/Central PendingCall object/" pattern="m/PendingCall.getOutputParameter/" But the last one it shadows ...

MATCH Function Help
Hi all, I want to check the password field in the DW with the following conds. 1. first letter should be a character . 2. the pwd should have atleast one numerals. 3. no special chars are allowed except $ and _ (Underscore).. I used Match function and i could able to check the first two but last one i couldn't.. Can any one help me to achieve this.. Thanks in Advance, Sriram On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 05:22:37 -0400, Sriram wrote: >Hi all, > >I want to check the password field in the DW with the following conds. > >1. first letter should be a character ....

Regular Expression: Need little bit help with multiple word match expressions
Guys, I am trying to write few regular expressions and need little bit of assistance. Example Text: Finally, there is a selection of patterns. Both Words "Finally" and "selection" must exist. Even if I switch the words around the match needs to happen. Otherwise the match must fail. Please advise, Thanks Shrini Try this: finally.*selection|selection.*finally Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

Help, Help, Help !!!
Hello, I'm new to PB and using a ver. 7. All I wanted to do for the moment is to set my DataWindow to some of my SQL select statement.... That is, if I click the "Connect" the SQL select statement "new_select" will be viewed into the DataWindow "dw_CACHE". I tried lots of experiment and still failed! Below is a short code that I was doing. Kindly advice.... Regards, John ********************************************************************** string new_select // Set the default Transaction object properties (TestBed) SQLCA.DBMS = &...

Help, Help, Help
Hello, I'm new to PB and using a ver. 7. All I wanted to do for the moment is to set my DataWindow to some of my SQL select statement.... That is, if I click the "Connect" the SQL select statement "new_select" will be viewed into the DataWindow "dw_CACHE". I tried lots of experiment and still failed! Below is a short code that I was doing. Kindly advice.... Regards, John ********************************************************************** string new_select // Set the default Transaction object properties (TestBed) SQLCA.DBMS = &...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Own Help in Powerbuilder Help
Hi all How can I get my Own Help into PB12 help? In PB 10.5 I put this into pbhelp105.cnt. But in PB12 there isn't a CNT in the Folder .../help. I found only HxK or HxC in the help folder. I have my own help instruction for Programmer. I want to include this in PB12 too. Have anyone a idea. Thanks. regards, Andr� Rust Actually what you are supposed to do is add this line to the [PB] section of pb.ini: UserHelpFile=myhelpfile.hlp The .cnt file is a type of index file that is generated by the help compiler. Copy your .hlp file into the ...\PowerBuilder...

datawindow sum function in expression
PB5, NT4 hello, I have 2 tables in an Oracle 7.3.4 database. Let's say that 1 column in table A is called COL_A and 1 column in table B is called COL_B; both are of type number(8,4). Normally, COL_A is the sum of COL_B for groups of rows (there are some columns in both tables to join them together and create groups of data). To visually check that, I created a datawindow to display COL_A, COL_B for the corresponding rows and a computed column to display the sum of COL_B for each group. The computed column should be displayed in green if it is the same as COL_A, and in r...

help help help help

Help Help Help Help

Global function in datawindow expression
We are using a global PB function (get_global) in our datawindows to set the visible property The function accepts a string and returns a string : get_global(string arg) returns string In the dw expression we have code like : if(pos(get_global("MODULE"),"AUTO") > 0,0,1) The MODULE and AUTO are not important. What is important is that this works from code but not as an exe?!? It doesn't error out - it just doesn't function properly. Any ideas? Is the function included in a PBD? "Darren Hicks" <darrenh@envision-ts.com>...

Web resources about - HELP Match DataWindow expression function - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo