grid datawindow column sequencing

Dear All,
Is it possible to change the sequence of column in a grid
datawindow before it is being displayed to the user using
code?
0
Guddu

use modify to hide all columns (visible=0) and show them in the
order you like (visible=1).

HTH
Chris Werner
f+s software gmbh

"Guddu" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4d2d3c10.263e.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Dear All,
> Is it possible to change the sequence of column in a grid
> datawindow before it is being displayed to the user using
> code?
0
Chris
1/12/2011 11:00:01 AM
At runtime, you *must* use code as Chris Werner suggested. If you just
want to change the definition, then you can rearrange the columns in the
preview pane of the datawindow painter and it will save that layout.

On 1/11/2011 11:28 PM, Guddu wrote:
> Dear All,
> Is it possible to change the sequence of column in a grid
> datawindow before it is being displayed to the user using
> code?
0
Jason

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8
I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-) This is for my teammate who's going crazy. He has a grid datawindow of 4 columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over. Is there some setting he needs to set someplace or is he stuck? Thanks -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technlogies, Inc I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current columns 1 and 2) Thanks Evita <Victo...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Lock column in a datawindow (grid)
Is it possible to lock a column in a grid? I wanna get following behaviour : When I set Columnwidth to 0 the users may be able to enlarge the column by dragging the mousepointer on the grid.... is it possible? (Setting the column invisible is not option) Thanks ICE Can you delete the column object and it's header text in datawindow (delete the column object just make the column hidden, but not affect the SQL syntax) ? "ICE" <ICE@nospam.com> ���g��l��s�D:lMZu1$KKCHA.869@forums.sybase.com... > Is it possible to lock a column in a grid? > >...

Fixed column in grid datawindow
I'm a PB newbie and would like to implement a grid (data from a MS SQL Server stored procedure) which has both horizontal and verical headers (captions for which come from the sp and are not therefore known at design time). I think I can see how to implement the horizontal header using the header band but have no idea of how to implement a 'fixed' first column such that it is not scrolled from view when the h. scrollbar is used. Any ideas? Help gratefully accepted. Thanks, Lee. You can set the horizontal splitscroll property: dw_1.HSplitScroll = TRUE Terry Dykstr...

Selected Columns in a Grid Datawindow
How can I tell which columns at selected in a Grib Datawindow. The user can select mutli-columns by pressing the crtl-key and clicking on the header. I was wondering how to find out which columns were selected. Thanks. -- Jeff Hersey Allnorth Consultants Limited Ph: (250) 614-7291 Fax: (250) 614-7290 www.allnorth.com This will give me the data that is in the selected columns, but what I want to know is the column names of the selected columns... Is there a way to parse this data and get the column names. "Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca...

Column width of grid datawindows
I have created code which changes the width of a column to match the longest text in the column. I have a problem where the x coordinate of the next column doesn't automatically change so there is a blank area in between them. Adding insult to injury, the X property doesn't allow expressions. Does anyone have any ideas on what might work? Thanks, Roland Hi Roland. I was basing the width on the header string width but the idea is the same, should work for you (uses PFC though) : /*-------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Ob...

Grid Datawindow and resize columns
Hi. My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first tabpage, is unchecked. It's posible resize the columns without that property active? TIA In PB 8.0, I can resize columns in a grid window with Mouse Selection checked or unchecked. Resizing columns doesn't require being able to select them. The icon for selection and resize is different. Selection is the normal arrow and resize is the vertical bar with 2 horizontal arrows, 1 to pointing to each side. jo in okc "Luis Cortes" <cortesgl@corp-ods.com> wrote ...

Sorting columns of a GRID datawindow...
I have this ability working in my application, but I would like to extend it further. I would like to add the ability to sort multiple columns at the same time by holding down the Shift key, similar to Outlook. I had a code snipet for this a few weeks back but have since misplaced it. Doh!!! I searched the newsgroups, CodeXchange & the Powerbuilder Web ring but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have an example of this that they could share with me? Troy > I have this ability working in my application, but I would > like to extend it further. I would like ...

grid datawindow
first time using grid datawindows... when the select is done, the fields are inserted automatically. Thee columns are not in the proper order. How can i move them ? Go to the preview pane and move them from there. Just like you would do at runtime. Richard "Steph" <sybase.public.powerbuilder.general> wrote in message news:44859031$1@forums-2-dub... > first time using grid datawindows... > > when the select is done, the fields are inserted automatically. > Thee columns are not in the proper order. How can i move them ? > > Forget ...

Column moving in a grid datawindow.
We experience the following problem: In our app we can move columns around in grid datawindows. After having created at runtime a line object in the header this suddenly is no longer possible. Explicitly setting the Datawindow.Grid.ColumnMove property doesn't help. After deleting the line at runtime it works again. If I would create the line at design time everything works fine at runtime. Anybody any idea? Regards, Michael Cornelissen ...

not resizable column for grid datawindow!!!!
On a per-column basis, or for the whole datawindow in general? Because you can already turn it off for the whole thing... -- "Don't just fix; teach." Some informative links: news:news.announce.newusers http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/ http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html On a per-column basis. Because there are picture or button object in some columns. And if you resize this colums, pictures show larger then original. "Jason...

powerbuilder grid datawindow hscroll
Are there any plans to enable column freezing in a grid datawindow. I like this possibility in Excel very much and think it would be nice if we could offer our clients such an enhancement. Thanks Eric You already have the horizontalsplit property. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement "Ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:49c0da57$1@forums-1-dub... > Are there any plans to enable column fr...

Column selection in Grid Datawindow
Dear all, If I click on the textheader in a grid datawindow, all the columns below get selected and become black. Is there any trick to overcome this? I already switched off mouse selection. Thanks in advance, Michael Cornelissen ...

Web resources about - grid datawindow column sequencing - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo