GetURL/PostURL

Hi, Guys,

I keep getting general protection errors when I call "GetURL"/"PostURL".
The application terminates when this happens. Can anyone help me figure
this out?

Here are the sample code. Thanks.

James

////////////////////sample code///////////////
integer liReturn

String ls_url

internetResult iir_msgbox
inet iinet_base

iir_msgbox = CREATE InternetResult

ls_url = "http://www.sybase.com/"
GetContextService ( "Internet", iinet_base)

liReturn = iinet_base.GetURL(ls_url, iir_msgbox)
0
James_Yang
11/8/2002 4:25:04 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

You need to write a custom InternetResult object that has
InternetResult method on it to handle the data.

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 11:25:04 -0500, James_Yang wrote:

>Hi, Guys,
>
>I keep getting general protection errors when I call "GetURL"/"PostURL".
>The application terminates when this happens. Can anyone help me figure
>this out?
>
>Here are the sample code. Thanks.
>
>James
>
>////////////////////sample code///////////////
>integer liReturn
>
>String ls_url
>
>internetResult iir_msgbox
>inet iinet_base
>
>iir_msgbox = CREATE InternetResult
>
>ls_url = "http://www.sybase.com/"
>GetContextService ( "Internet", iinet_base)
>
>liReturn = iinet_base.GetURL(ls_url, iir_msgbox)

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com

If you would like to continue to be able to use Google
to search *all* of these newsgroups, please contact
Google at and let them know.
mailto:groups-support@google.com

Preach the gospel at all times.
If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce

PostURL/GetURL ?
Hi, Using PB v9.0.1 Build 7171 The problem: I'd need to access data available on a web server. Therefore, I have a name and password to log-in, in return I would get a key which can then be used to access data which is returned through XML. The information is also accessible through a web browser if there's no external application but I would like to make it available through my application. I had a look at the PostURL command to start with. The examples I found only seem to show a part of all the definitions that need to be done. I'm new to this, never played ...

What generals generally do
Reading a McChrystal thread elsewhere, I came across someone quoting a US general http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler > I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and > during that period I spent most of my time as a high class thug for > Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a > racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and > especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped > make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to > collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central > American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify > Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in > 1902–1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American > sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the > American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it > that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I > might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to > operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three > continents.[12] > Well, I wish the current generals would admit 1/1000 that much! -- Igor > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler > >> I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and >> during that period I s...

PostURL / GetURL have errors
I am using PB 10.2 enterprise and the post and get url both work in the development environment. When I try to run the deployed app on my development machine the post url gives a -6 error and the get url has a -1 error. I can run the deployed app on other machines without any error, but on other machines I also get the errors. My development machine is Win XP SP2. There must be a problem with the deployed app on the development machine not seeing a DLL or OCX , but I do not know which one. Does anyone know what is going on and how to resolve this? thanx ...

GetURL / PostURL Example
Can anyone give me a simple example of these functions. The examples in PB less descriptive. Task is to execute a url, and get the return data. Thanks. http://pbdj.sys-con.com/read/170853.htm Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation <Vidhi> wrote in message news:440ca4a7$1@forums-1-dub... > Can anyone give me a simple example of these functions. The examples in PB > less descriptive. > Task is to execute a url, and get the return data. > > Thanks. > > Not helpful, still lost, just a simple example Need to execute a url - http://exec.mis...

Powerbuilder 9 and GetURL()
Hi, I am using Powerbuilder 9.0.3. I am trying to post an XML string with the method "GetURL()". It works find if the XML is short. However, if the XML is in the following string, the method hangs. Can someone tell me why? Here is the Power script: =================== integer liReturn string lsXML Long ll_length inet iinet_base uo_internetresult uo_internetresult_2 uo_internetresult_2 = create uo_internetresult ////////////////////////////////////////////// // 1 Success //-1 General error //-2 Invalid URL //-4 Cannot connect to the Internet //-6 ...

dynamic pages and GetURL(), PostURL()
When I?m trying to GET/POST a dynamic page (search results, etc) with GetURL() or PostURL() I get only the first part of the HTML document. How I can get the entire HTML document? Thanks! I'm having the same trouble. The documentation seems to imply that the result gets put into the ir_msgbox after the async call is complete. But where is the rest of the html? I've been trying some workarounds. I can use the OLE MS IE control to display the URL just fine. I am assuming that if I can display the webpage right on my screen then the complete HTML must be nearby. I...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Can someone help me please. I am using PB7 Build 8033 and Excel 97 SR1 I have a spreadsheet which has 1 chart "graph", and 2 sheets "Model" and "Calculations". There are also 7 macros in module 1. I am trying to use OLE Automation to link to the spreadsheet, I need to populate some cells, run some macros and retreive some cells. I can get excel and the spreadsheet to open in automation mode, I can retreive and populate individual cell value, and I can successfully close and disconnect from excel and the spreadsheet. My problem is that I cannot successfully access the macros. The code below is what I am using. When the spreadsheet is run on its own, the macros work fine, all the calculations are ok. No problems at all. When I try to use automation, the macros are accessed and errors occur. The errors are type mismatch when trying to collect a date into a variable. ( all var decs ok and spreadsheet values are of correct format.) In debug mode on this line error 2026 was noted. I am using the workbooks.open method , (it works the same with workbooks.add) as seen below, I was wondering if i need to open other sheets or modules somehow, or do I need to open the spreadsheet using other commands. If I open the spreadsheet using Run( "excel.exe" "c:\test.xls") and then access the macros using myoleobject.application.Run("test.xls!update_model"), the macros run fine, but unfortunately this...

PostURL / GetURL Fails on IE7
Have installed IE7 Beta, and have PB9 Has anyone noticed failure of PostURL or GetURL methods. Vidhi wrote: > Have installed IE7 Beta, and have PB9 > Has anyone noticed failure of PostURL or GetURL methods. > > > Given IE7's early beta status, and Sybase's policy of not supporting Microsoft beta platforms, I would not expect this to be acknowledged or addressed anytime soon. -- Roy ...

Proxy Settings and PostURL and GetURL
I have written an application that will be sent out to a variety of clients across the intenet. Some may have proxy servers and some may not. I am using the following code. Does anyone think I will have a problem with proxy servers? If so, what can I do about it. I don't really want to change the application to use Window's internet API. Inet inet_base string ls_current long ll_start n_cst_internet_result iresult integer li_ret, li_port, li_result li_ret = this.GetContextService("Internet", inet_base) iresult = create n_cst_internet_result Blob lblb_args ...

Urgent
I am using the PostURL, GetURL functions of Inet in PB 8.0. I seem to be unable to get more than approximately 6,414 bytes. Is there a known limit to the size of the text string that can be gotten from website? Have I done something wrong that is causing the limit? Is it a bug in Powerbuilder? Thanks ================================================== Name : Young chun Lim Company : Daewoo Information Systems Co. Ltd. Department : I-Biz Development Team Email : yclim@disc.co.kr Office : 82-2-3708-8919 Celluar : 82-11-9923-7105 ==========================================...

powerbuilder inet.geturl() timeout
inet.geturl() access HTML source, sometimes the process stopped. and my application broke down. How to stop the function after the number of seconds that I want ? Please give me some method, or give me a example better. Thanks! ...

Welcome to the PowerBuilder.General newsgroup
Welcome to the Powersoft sponsored newsgroup for general PowerBuilder questions. While we encourage you to look around forums.powersoft.com to find a newsgroup that most precisely fits the topic of your question, we encourage those whose questions fall between the cracks to post their questions here. While Powersoft controls this newsgroup, there are some **MIS**interpretations of that fact that should be avoided: - "Posting a message means a guaranteed answer from Powersoft." In an effort to help PowerBuilder developers help each other become successful, Powersof...

Is PowerBuilder.General newsgroup broken?
Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. Mike Just saw some new ones now..Could be some haven't switched to the new servers.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. "Mike Niemann" <mniemann@oowidgets.com> wrote in message news:#VivpTX7CHA.331@forums-2-dub... > Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. > > Mike > > I had the same problem too! Then I right-clicked on the newsgroup and clicked properties->Local Files Tab->Clicked on the Reset to reset all the postin...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I was able to hit it 11:25 am Eastern Daylight Savings Time vie OE newsreader. Russ <rob.potts@veridian.com> wrote in message news:3485451A5E94D5550053492985256D08.0053493885256D08@webforums... This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I've notified the people in charge. Until it's resolve, you can still use the web-based newsreader at www.pfcguide.com. On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:14:52 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion <Joe_Slawsky> ...

Great thread in the powerbuilder.general forum
Look for the one entitled "Identity Column". It started on 4/7/2003 with a question about implementing IDENTITY/AUTOINCREMENT columns in PB datawindows, but has morphed into a debate of Oracle v. ASA. Anybody that wants to pile on, please feel free to contribute! -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com Join the PB9 Book mailing list! www.pb9book.com ...

Error to post powerbuilder \General forum
Hai all I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying to post. Pls help with thnaks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp And the error is? On 6 Oct 2008 01:34:33 -0700, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: >Hai all > >I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying >to post. > >Pls help > >with thnaks >Polachan >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- >http://www.pfcgui...

Modify Expression Editor
How about improving on the Modify Expression Editor a bit? We have some quite complicated expressions, and the tiny little MLE control that PB uses to allow us to edit expression is very clumsy (and yes, I do realize about the elipse to bring up the modal Modify Expression window - which contains an only slight less tiny MLE for editing the Expression). Not to mention that embedded Returns in the expression can cause the computed field to behave funny. How about a real editor, complete with color markups, support for indentation and carrage returns, AutoScript even! Oooh,...

Can Inet.GetURL() and Inet.PostURL() work through proxy ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------439FC2443786F3DFEBBA5DED Content-Type: text/plain; charset=koi8-r Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello folks, Does anybody knows can Inet.GetURL() and Inet.PostURL() work through proxy and how to do it ? Thanks in advance. --------------439FC2443786F3DFEBBA5DED Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=koi8-r; name="geo.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for George Fedotoff Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="geo.vcf" begin:vcard n:Fedotoff;George tel;fax:...

Info on inet object, posturl(), geturl(), internetresult object
Can you get HTTP responses back from PostURL() and GetURL()? How is it that SSl works (i.e. "https://host..."). Why the weird callback in the internetresult object for collecting the returned HTML? What is the meaning of the return codes for Post and Get: Integer. Returns values as follows: 1 Success -1 General error -2 Invalid URL -4 Cannot connect to the Internet -6 Internet request failed Where is more information on this subject? The online books are dry as a bone. ...

Powerbuilder general function to open setfocus and set filter on...
I have a problem conserning wherever in the application when someone registers an alert for later handling this function is to register the entire object path to where he registered that alert. (I am using PowerBuilder 6.5). Then im to retrieve the entire path for the followin things: column. datawindow tab window Are there any functions to do this in PFC, im sorry for posting this here, but i cannot find much in the documentation, btw another question, do you know of any good links to better documentation for PFC than what follows PowerBuilder? Thanks in advance. Klaus Myrseth System Developer Information Highway AS Firstly, I am unable to guess the business requirement for this. Instead lemme answer your question: To get the current column reference with the datawindow name, use : Use GetFocus() in combination with IsValid to get the name of the datawindow that has the focus. Use this in combination with the GetcolumnName() function to get the columnname. Use a series of GetParent() functions combined with TypeOf to obtain references to the parent chain. This iterative process will end when the TypeOf() returns Window!. Build all this into a string or as a powerobject (in this case you should omit the current column name and store it seperately) Hope this helps Regarding a better reference for PFC, search in Amazon.com for PFC or PowerBuilder. You could also look at PFC guide: http://www.pfcguide.com or the PFC cheat she...

Powerbuilder <---> General CORBA/IIOP Environment
We're trying to connect Powerbuilder 7 to a CORBA environment other than Jaguar. In particular, we need to talk to components we've created in BEA's WebLogic Enterprise CORBA environment. Has anyone else accomplished this with BEA or any of the other ORB products? We've tried to RTFM but it seems to be primarily interested in Jaguar and some type of connection called "winsock" without mentioning any other ORB products. Thanks. Hi Doug, Good question, to which I don't have an answer. Post this question in the easserver newsgroup. Maybe you&...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Pocket PowerBuilder blob problem from ianywhere.public.chinese.general
I'm posting on behalf of a customer in ianywhere.public.chinese.general. I have translated the message will be redirecting the customer to this thread A customer is using PocketPowerBuilder 1.5 to develop applications on Windows CE 4.0 devices. One of the function is to browse pictures in file directories. The customer claims that, though PPB claims to not support JPG, under Windows 2000, using the PictureName picture setting controls he managed to display pictures normally. But on Windows CE. these JPG files cannot be properly displayed. The customer has no problems dis...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Web resources about - GetURL/PostURL - sybase.powerbuilder.general

AlbaSun Portal: ' posturl '
RSS for Posts RSS for Comments Subscribe by e-mail Follow on Twitter Connect on Facebook Albasun Portal Home News World Politics Bussines Strange ...

Carscoops: ' posturl '
A semi-truck transformed into a gigantic robot with a human voice riding a mechanical Tyrannosaurus rex; oh, Michael Bay, you really know h... ...

Dan's Media Digest: ' posturl '
If you're not Oscar'd out yet, you can read my thoughts on the big winners at the 88th Academy Awards, over at Frame Rated. Click ...

Film Sketchr: ' posturl '
... Concept Artists Featured Interviews Reviews Book Home Video Artist Links About Contact Me Email Latest Posts No posts with label ' posturl ' ...

科技先锋队 - ' posturl ' 科技先锋队: ' posturl ' - All Post
美图又有好消息,当然是针对所有女性的好消息!这次要介绍的是一款美妆应用-MakeUpPlus!这款应用的裸妆、韩系妆、日系妆等各种不同的时尚妆容可以供用户选择,而且你也可以凭个人喜好调整底妆及彩妆的浓淡程度,极具人性化。 你也可以选择各种搞笑妆容,Kuso一番! ... Watch ...

Kitman TV: ' posturl '
... Counter-Jihad TopFilms All Speakers Film Index Bloody Borders KGB, Drugs and Disinfo Topics You are here : Home » No posts with label ' posturl ...

UONG JOWO: ' posturl '
Select Menu Home About Themes Design Convert Blog Pages Home Privacy Policy About Wali Songo Quran Mp3 Download Tag Archives:' posturl ' Home ...

The Showdown – Priceless - Credit cards
Mastercard paypass commercial featuring Competitive Eaters Takeru Kobayashi and Sonya Thomas

Jibbering Musings
So I finally had some tuits today to look at making foafnaut work in the mozilla SVG implementation, it wasn’t as hard as I expected, the DOM ...

» posturls JIMROMENESKO.COM
‘Even the NY Post apparently has words which they will not print’ (Pussy, for example) Original size at 610 × 173 Leave a Comment Comments comments ...