General error on PB

Some objects of my util library are creating a general error on PB when I
try to open them.

Some related object are impossible to open or are also creating a general
error on PB.

It's possible to open those objects with "Edit Source"

I'm using PB 8.02 (build. 9506) on W2K
All the library works fine on PB 8.01.

Error Text
L'application, e:\pb801\BUILD\NT\PB80.EXE, a g�n�r� une erreur
d'application.
L'erreur s'est produite le 09/05/2002 � 14:18:50.325
L'exception g�n�r�e �tait c0000005 � l'adresse 10CA5364
(ob_is_a_system_class)
Sorry for the french

I don't understand why e:\pb... in the text because PB is on my disk D:

Francis
Francis
9/5/2002 1:52:05 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

Sounds like a full rebuild (Library painter / Design / Full Rebuild)
is in order. The error doesn't directly point to PBL optimization, but
optimizing all your PBLs is a good idea when you come up against an
unidentifiable error.

Good luck,

On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 09:52:05 -0400, "Francis"
<ffraikin@met.wallonie.be> wrote:

>Some objects of my util library are creating a general error on PB when I
>try to open them.
>
>Some related object are impossible to open or are also creating a general
>error on PB.
>
>It's possible to open those objects with "Edit Source"
>
>I'm using PB 8.02 (build. 9506) on W2K
>All the library works fine on PB 8.01.
>
>Error Text
>L'application, e:\pb801\BUILD\NT\PB80.EXE, a g�n�r� une erreur
>d'application.
>L'erreur s'est produite le 09/05/2002 � 14:18:50.325
>L'exception g�n�r�e �tait c0000005 � l'adresse 10CA5364
>(ob_is_a_system_class)
>Sorry for the french
>
>I don't understand why e:\pb... in the text because PB is on my disk D:
>
>Francis
>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
9/5/2002 2:10:19 PM
Do you have multiple versions of PB80.exe in your path ??
Looks like based on what you're writing...

Make sure you're running the right version.

HTH,

JMR
CPD8
0
JMR
9/5/2002 3:22:52 PM
>>Some objects of my util library are creating a general error on PB when I=
=20
try to open them.

Some related object are impossible to open or are also creating a general=20
error on PB.

It's possible to open those objects with "Edit Source"

I'm using PB 8.02 (build. 9506) on W2K
All the library works fine on PB 8.01.

Error Text
L'application, e:\pb801\BUILD\NT\PB80.EXE, a g=E9n=E9r=E9 une erreur
d'application.
L'erreur s'est produite le 09/05/2002 =E0 14:18:50.325
L'exception g=E9n=E9r=E9e =E9tait c0000005 =E0 l'adresse 10CA5364
(ob=5Fis=5Fa=5Fsystem=5Fclass)
Sorry for the french

I don't understand why e:\pb... in the text because PB is on my disk D:
<<

First, did you do a full rebuild when you upgraded to 8.0.2?

Second, check and make sure that you don't have another version of PB on=20
your e: drive in the path mentioned or that you have drive e: mapped to a=20
directory on drive d: in your network mappings, or that your PB8=20
shortcut/menu item is mapped to drive e:.  It would be most unusual for=20
Windows to report a path that doesn't exist (ok, it wouldn't be most=20
unusual, but certainly unlikely<g>).

steve
[TeamSybase]
0
Steve_Katz_
9/5/2002 3:27:50 PM
We are having the same trouble with the same build.  It also thinks we are
mapped to a non-existent e: drive..Just thought we mention it.  Problem is
only on our NT4 SP6a machines, 2000 and XP are fine.  We have an open case
10864834.

0
Susan

What generals generally do

Return charater causes DW update error and PB crash (re-post from the pb.general group)
Hi All PB 10.0.1, MSSQLServer 2000 We've got a field (defined as Char) that takes standard input... included in this is the odd carriage return (though we've got triggers preventing saving of said bad character).. When this was running with PB 8, the save went through without issue... As soon as app was migrated to PB 10 (no change in back end with migration to 10), the save started blowing up (cannot insert NULL error, even though we can see the value in the insert/update statement... only weird part is that in both the error msg and a DB Trace, the return key...

Error to post powerbuilder \General forum
Hai all I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying to post. Pls help with thnaks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp And the error is? On 6 Oct 2008 01:34:33 -0700, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: >Hai all > >I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying >to post. > >Pls help > >with thnaks >Polachan >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- >http://www.pfcgui...

General error: I/O error
From a select statement, I get the following error... Select error: SQLSTATE = S1000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]General error:I/O error Fatal error: No error -- transaction rolled back. Since all I'm trying to do is a simple select, It seems like the database file is corrupt. Please advise if you have seen this error or know what is going on. The environment is ASA6.0.03 and WindowsNT4. Thank you. If you look in the window of the database server, do you see any errors? Can you execute other selects? -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase Mobile and...

General error: internal database error
I've got this error message while trying to create index: "General error: internal database error. Transaction rolled back." What could cause that error? What can be done in this situation? Thanks Ricardas This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------8FAF9B581B4945BDB0446FD5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Please boot the engine by hand by going to the command prompt and doing: dbeng50.exe <path to dbfile> What error message occurs on the SQL Anywhere console? Dave Wolf Sybase Profes...

General error: unknown error -308
My customer is getting the following error on 3 of 5 workstations. Novell Network running IPX. Membership/121 -308 - S1000:[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]General error: unknown error -308 Any Ideas? -- Elizabeth Livingston elivingston@advsol.com Turn on debugging in the client connection and see if you are getting any network errors. -308 is a connection terminated error. You can use the DBG and LOG connection parameters in your connect string, or check the "display debugging information to a file" and add a file name on the advanced tab of your ODBC...

General
Sir/Madam, Please Clarify the following 1. It is possible to set edit mask for each row 2. Whether it is possible to get the column name 1. There is no change in the column (Edit changed or ItemChanged Event will not fire in this situation) 3. In PFC U_TVS when we I to update the datastore that has been registered I am getting the error integrity violation. This is because in U_TVS they are rowscopying the retrived value from an attrib to this datastore, so the status is newmodified!. I want to update the datastore by modifying the status as datamodified!. Suppo...

General
Name: Andrew Email: anile_at_postmaster.co.uk Product: Minefield Summary: General Comments: The new UI is much more responsive, smaller and cleaner. The spell checking is quite amazing and will help us all with our posting like this one. I couldn't find any localised options but I'm sure they'll be implemented. Not sure about add-ons being so called, can't they be called "Extensions and Themes?" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060711 Minefield/3.0a1 (bangbang023) ...

general
Name: Darran Logie Email: hawkalmightyathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: general Comments: firefox i have always found to be excellent. All the little addons and constant refinements are always welcomed. At the moment the only thing i am missing is download manager as its not compatible with the current version. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

general
mailto:laura.biding@ntlworld.com ...

General
Hi i have some textbox and Richtext box when i type the data and click save  the data will bind to the Gridview.. I had set width for each field , Suppose while I insert data , without anyspace in the Richtextbox and click save the data binded to the gridview show Lengthy line its look so bad all alignment are changes so how shall i avoid this , else how can i insert  break line or ( space ) at the end of the each line in the richtextbox... can anyone give solution pls...  Regards,M.VenkatesanMy Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.comPlease remember to click “...

General
In sybase for the column what datatype the sybase expert's suggest either char or varchar? I heared that while doing update statistics ... the varchar is costlier than the space occupied by char. Please share your knowledge. Thanks and Best Regards Gopi Chand T. The choice between "varchar" and "char" doesn't have much of anything to do with the performance of "update statistics" that I know of. There is a small performance penalty for accessing variable length data on the row, but it would only be notable under very high load. Take a...

General
Name: Nick Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: General Comments: Amazing. Just needs more compatible addons and it will be wonderful. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

General error : internal database error ???
I have a client that is running Novell 4.1 with sqlanywhere 5.5.04; At this installation the workstations are constantly crapping out with the above mentioned error; We have tried most everything as it relates to the novell OS - even installed the latest servicepack (7); but to no avail; I am usually pretty good at solving problems but this one doesn't give me enough to go on; does anyone have a suggestion or two about what might be happening ? I have 20 other installations running novell 4.1 with no problem; tia Dennis Hank Have you tried comparing the SQLA instal...

Web resources about - General error on PB - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Général - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Général is the French word for general . There are two main categories of generals : the general officers ( officiers généraux ), which are the ...

Generał - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Generał (pronounced [ɡɛˈnɛraw] ), is the generic Polish language term for the rank of General . In narrow sense it is used to denote the rank ...

Law Firm Sued By Massachusetts Attorney General
Is this firm operating in the wild, wild, West?

Illinois' Attorney General Thinks All Forms Of Fantasy Sports Are Illegal Gambling
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan delivered a giant lump of coal to the Daily Fantasy Sports industry on Wednesday as she declared that ...

General Question
I have a Carrier furnace. It takes 20x25x5 air filters. Does it really matter what brand filter I buy?

Liveblogging the American Revolution: December 20, 1777: Washington's Generals
**Benjamin H. Newcomb:** [Washington’s Generals and the Decision to Quarter at Valley Forge](http://gwpapers.virginia.edu/history/articles/w ...

Democratic debate: Hillary looks toward general election - Business Insider Deutschland
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton went into the third Democratic debate on Saturday with a clear message.

Illinois Attorney General Says DraftKings, FanDuel Are Illegal Gambling Sites
... customers by a legal thread , the high-profile operations are coming under scrutiny in the Central time zone, with the Illinois attorney general ...

ABC's Cokie Roberts Calls Sanders Too Far To The Left For A General Election
... there is some equivalent on the left. Cokie Roberts wants the viewers to believe that Sen. Bernie Sanders is too far to the left to win a general ...

Va. Dem. Attorney General Strikes Another Blow To State’s Gun Laws
Va. Dem. Attorney General Strikes Another Blow To State’s Gun Laws