Function call from Powerbuilder DLL

Hi All,

I am using poerbuilder(6.5) created DLL(Machine code) and i have following
code in VB to call function from that DLL.

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim pbo As New PBCOM.CoMsg
Dim ret As Integer
->ret = pbo.of_status(6) 'This line got error message
End Sub

Error message :
Run Time Error 429
ActiveX component cant create object.

Here is PB DLL detail:
PB COM Server File Name:  C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.dll
Interface Definition File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.idl
PB COM Server Type:       In Process Server
Object :uo_msg
COM ClassName:CoMsg
Program ID:PB60COM.uo_msg
Interface Type:dual
Interface Name:DIMsg

Any help will be greatly appreciate
Thanks in advance

0
M_Desai

>>I am using poerbuilder(6.5) created DLL(Machine code) and i have
following code in VB to call function from that DLL.
<<

PB .dlls are not "real" .dlls in that there are no entry points to call.
You will need to find another way to access the PB code from VB.

steve
[TeamSybase]
0
Steve_Katz_
8/23/2002 3:23:36 PM
Couldn't you wrap an NVO as a COM object?

Steve_Katz_[TeamSybase] wrote in message
<5767CBE7D7E7076100548F1885256C1E.002BC8AA85256C1E@webforums>...
>>>I am using poerbuilder(6.5) created DLL(Machine code) and i have
>following code in VB to call function from that DLL.
><<
>
>PB .dlls are not "real" .dlls in that there are no entry points to call.
>You will need to find another way to access the PB code from VB.
>
>steve
>[TeamSybase]

0
Jerry

Calling a Powerbuilder function from C++ DLL
Hi All, I need to execute a powerbuilder function from a DLL written in Watcom C++ ? Is there a way to do it or any workaround ? My problem is the following : From a function written in Watcom C++ i have to read data from a database table currently connected to a powerbuilder data source. Any help appreciated Stefano Bullo You cannot invoke a PB function externally. The next best thing is to use the SendMessage Win32 API function to trigger a user event on a PB window (use the range of WM_USER to WM_USER+ 74, mapped to pbm_custom01-pbm_custom75). ...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

declaring and calling dll callback functions in Powerbuilder 6.5
Hello! > > I have several .dll C callback functions and a function that takes as its > arguments these callback functions. > > The headers look like this: > > // this is one of the callback functions > typedef long (CALLBACK *PFNINFO) (long lCurrentStatus, // Status code > LPCTSTR lpszInfoString, // Text information > LPCTSTR lpszWorkstation); // Workstation > > // and now the function that uses it > long _declspec(dllexport) MMIRegisterCallbacks(PFNINFO pFnInfo,....

Delphi dll
I'm developing a dll file in Delphi 7 in order to use it in a Powerbuilder 10.5 application. I get strange results in PB when i try to pass a string through a function or procedure. I've tried pchar, pwidechar, lpstr, lpctstr in D7 and string or REF string in PB, but nothing seems to be working properly. The function in D7 is quite simple, i just take a string for input, encode it and return an encoded string for output. In PB i get a lot of "squares" in my output string. There seems to be a problem reading (from PB) the memory address that is pointed out from D...

How can I write a DLL in PowerBuilder which exports functions to be called in C/C++ code?
Hi, all. I want to write some business logic functions in PowerBuilder which will be called in another c/c++ program. How can I do this? Thanks & Best Regards. Feng You can't create standard Win32 DLLs in PowerBuilder. You can, however, compile NVOs into COM DLLs, and call those from a C++ program. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Feng Zhu" <fzhu@sumerp.com> wrote in message news:tAzUZI7aAHA.216@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, all. > > I want to write some business logic functions...

Calling a PowerBuilder Function...
Hi Everyone, Ok, here's my problem : I've made a HTML Page with CheckBoxes and a button. When I click on the button I want to catch all checkboxes that are checked to delete the entries in a database. So my problem is to give a PwerBuilder function all adequate parameters from within a HTML Page. Please Help !!! Thanx You need to give each checkbox field a name and a value. Something like this: <input type="checkbox" name="question026" value="2"> Then in your PB function, declare your arguments with the same name as the c...

Calling external dll from PowerBuilder
Hi. Can anyone help us with this problem? We have a PowerBuilder (6.5) application which calls an external C dll passing it references to arrays of structures. We have noticed that there will be a 30 second delay immediately after PowerBuilder would call the C dll (between the PowerBuilder function call and entry into the C dll). Now we pass references to fixed (bouded) arrays of structures to the C dll. Upon further testing we discovered that if we reduce the array numbers (they are rather large) then there would be no gap - it would go in a flash. The million dollar question ...

Calling win32api functions from powerbuilder
Hi, I used to use a function called FindWindow in the user.exe windows 3.11 api library. I want to move my app. to a 32 bit app. on windows 95 using pb5.0. How do I declare this function in windows 95 and what library can i find it in? The old declaration syntax was: function int FindWindow (string classname, string window) library "user.exe" Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rohit FUNCTION uint FindWindowA (long classname, & string windowname) LIBRARY "user32.dll" Then add code like the following to your application's open e...

Calling a Java function from PowerBuilder
Hi all, We need to call a Java function from within PowerBuilder. I realize PB 6.5 can generate Java code but how do we call the functions? We know we can write an external function call to a C program which can make the call. Is there a better way? Thanks. Andy Egleston Is it a running applet or application that can be listening for requests on a socket? You could use a socket OCX and communicate with it from PB that way. Carson ________________________________________________ Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Te...

External function call from Powerbuilder
Hi, I am having trouble in calling the function GetUsernameA() function from the Advapi32.dll. GetUsernameA(string lpBuffer, long lpnsize) The function requires a pointer to a string and pointer to a long as arguements. The PB equivalants to this are string and long. IF I call this function it returns only the size (lpnsize) and not the lpBuffer. Can somebody help me in this. I am stuck with this Thanks in advance Vinod Thomas Vinod -- You need to preallocate space for the name and pass the amount of space in the 'size' argument. Something like this: // func...

PowerBuilder and OLEObject Function Calls...
Hello PowerBuilders, I got a OLE Object in which I use one of the Functions to Open a Specific Dialog. Where the user can type in some data. I think after about one minute in the Dialog, PowerBuilder brings up the message "Error calling external Function...". Is it possible to raise the timout, PowerBuilder waits for a correct return out of the function ? I am using PowerBuilder 7 Build 7023... Thanks in Advance, Andreas Eibegger andreas.eibegger@grz.andritz.com The default timeout is 5 minutes. If you want to make it longer than that, look at the SetAutoma...

Powerbuilder call dll file I have written myself??
If I want to write a C program called by pb client, Here is my simple program ,I make a dll file name dlltest.dll in d:\temp ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) int hello(); int hello() { return 0; } ///////////////////////////////////////////// in powerbuilder NOV object local external function I declare : ///////////////////////////////////////////// Function int hello () Library "d:\temp\Dlltest.DLL" ///////////////////////////////////////////// Is it lose some steps?? Have you tried using "stdcall&q...

Calling .net dll from PowerBuilder 8
We are a primarly PB shop that is starting to use .net objects. What steps need to be done in .net to make a dll callable from PB? You need to use the PBNI feature in PB 9 <Scott M> wrote in message news:3f68cfa4.775f.846930886@sybase.com... > We are a primarly PB shop that is starting to use .net > objects. What steps need to be done in .net to make a dll > callable from PB? No, there is a COM interop layer with .Net that allows you to call .Net assemblys just as if they were COM objects. On 18 Sep 2003 04:35:23 -0700, "Chris Pollach" <Po...

Calling wininet functions in Powerbuilder 9
Hi everybody! I want to download a file from an URL using local external functions within wininet.dll. ( I must use this dll because the application is working on different OS from windows 98 til windows XP ) I used to do it with a FTP connection. Now I want to use HTTP instead of FTP. First question : Is it possible? If yes, wich function within the dll should I call to download the file on my hard disk? If anybody has an example..... best regards Steph ...

Web resources about - Function call from Powerbuilder DLL - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles