Executing a MS SQL server 6.5 procedure with no result sets from PB 6.5...

Hi friends,

   I have a stored procedure created in MS SQL Server 6.5. The procedure has
4 arguments. The procedure will do some calculations & then finally will
insert some data into a table. That's it. It won't return any resultset (no
select statement). Now I need to execute the procedure from within a PB
application(verion 6.5). Which is te best method for this. Dynamic SQL
format 1/2/....

Thanks in advance.

   Thanks. Bye.

   With Regards,

   Jeinutheen Mohamed.

0
Jeinutheen

In your PB script, declare the procedure :

    DECLARE sp_procedure PROCEDURE FOR
    Server_procedurename
    @argument1= variable1, @argument2 = variable2 , etc , etc
    USING transaction object name  ;

Then execute the procedure:

    EXECUTE sp_procedure;

Make sure you check the SQLCode for errors

Hope this helps

Jon.

Jeinutheen Mohamed <jeinutheen@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi friends,
>
>    I have a stored procedure created in MS SQL Server 6.5. The procedure
has
> 4 arguments. The procedure will do some calculations & then finally will
> insert some data into a table. That's it. It won't return any resultset
(no
> select statement). Now I need to execute the procedure from within a PB
> application(verion 6.5). Which is te best method for this. Dynamic SQL
> format 1/2/....
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>    Thanks. Bye.
>
>    With Regards,
>
>    Jeinutheen Mohamed.

0
Jon

BUG!!!! ?? Using Stored Procedure with PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5.
I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading to PB 6.5 I cannot assign any of my stored procedures to a datawindow. What the .... is wrong. Is it my installation? Is it PB 6.5? In fact it is serious as my reports are not running. Any comments are appreciated. Thomas Door Maersk Data AS What is the error you are getting, maybe we could help you then. Randy Thomas D��r <thd@maerskdata.dk> wrote in article <CoL4foOz9GA.276@forums.powersoft.com>... > I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading ...

PB 6.5 AND MS SQL SERVER 6.5
Hi, I have recently converted an 16-bit PB5.0 application to PB6.5. This application goes against a MS SQL SERVER 6.5 database. I have noticed now that the new application won't release locks on tables when I do an insert or update. This application has never had explicit commits coded and I haven't seen soo many locks on tables before until the recent powerbuilder upgrade. Does anyone have some insight on this situation? Chris Edwards Saks Incorporated 331 W. Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee, WI 53203 chris_edwards@saksinc.com ...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
We are currently running apps in PB 5.0.04 and PB 6.5 with a MS SQL Server database, ver 6.5 SP4. Our DBA wants to apply SP5a to the database. I see many issues regarding a required update for PB 5.0.04. Fine, we'll deal with that. Is there any documentation in existence that verifies that PB 6.5 is compliant with MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a? Also, does anyone have test results using the new MS SQL Server ODBC driver ver 3.7? Thanks! If its of any help, I couldn't find any hits in the infobase on service pack 5 or ODBC driver 3.7. Either nobody is having problems wit...

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 Apps Connection to MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

PB 6.5 & MS SQL 6.5
This is probably an MS SQL issue but I figured it was worth presenting here for some possible insight. Any help is greatly appreciated. - I have two tables: BATCH & EMPLOYER_GROUP - BATCH is a child of EMPLOYER_GROUP - EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID is the primary key column in EMPLOYER_GROUP and a foreign key column in BATCH - The EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID column in BATCH may be null - There is current only one record in BATCH. The EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID column is null in that record. The following SELECT does not (in my opinion) work correctly: SELECT * FROM BATCH, EMPLOYER_GROUP ...

Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...
Hi everybody, After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error: "SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast specification" This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created based on an Store Procedure. What could be happening? How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriela ...

PB 5.0 cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5
I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL. Regards Chris Wilson chris.wilson@entex.com In article <35411705.278D@entex.com>, chris.wilson@entex.com says... > I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are > any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL > The latest PBMSS050.DLL driver is the one in the 5.0.04 maintenance release. I don't believe there is a new driver specific for 6.5. WHat version of PB are you using? -- ...

SQL Server 6.5 / DLL's / PB 6.5
Hello, Our programs run on SQL Server 6.5 but we need to migrate them to 7.0 thus I was wondering which .DLL to use when deploying our PB6.5 program when the database is a SQL Server 7.0. At the moment we have been using v6.5.00.444 of pbmss60.dll for the SQL 6.5 and we have a v6.5.00.575 (03-02-99) which is supposed to be used for 7.0 - however it is called Beta which doesn't somehow doesn't give me a good feeling... is the latter really needed for running with SQL 7.0 or can we continue using the ol' 444 without any problems ? TIA </anders> ...

PB 5.0 (16 bit) cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

executing a MS 6.5 stored procedure on Pb 5.003
I have a stored procedure that runs fine from isql consistently. But when I call it from powerbuilder frontend through ODBC, the results is very inconsistent. the procedure takes an input parameter, and creates a bunch of records and commits them . The autocommit property of the transaction object is set to true. The first time when I run the stored procedure, it creates those records just fine, after that, it sometimes just returns immideatly with a sqlcode of 0 and didn't create any records in the backend. I have tried to close the procedure after executing, and it still didn'...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Web resources about - Executing a MS SQL server 6.5 procedure with no result sets from PB 6.5... - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Self-executing rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The self-executing rule , also known as " deem and pass ", is procedural measure used by the U.S. House of Representatives to approve legislation. ...

'What use will executing us be?': Bali Nine member Myuran Sukumaran speaks out after bid for clemency ...
Myuran Sukumaran is one step closer to the firing squad after the Indonesian president rejected his clemency bid.

Parramatta shooting: police leave empty-handed after executing search warrant at mosque
Police executed a search warrant at a Parramatta mosque overnight as part of their investigations into the fatal shooting on Friday of a civilian ...

US states having trouble executing their citizens
Despite a Supreme Court ruling allowing a controversial drug to be used for lethal injections in Oklahoma, death-penalty states are finding it ...

Islamic State video purports to show boy executing 'Russian spies'
Islamic State releases video that purports to show a young boy executing two men accused of working for Russian intelligence.

Purported video shows ISIS executing Syrian soldiers in Palmyra
The Islamic State group posted a video online on Saturday showing Islamic State fighters killing some 25 Syrian government soldiers in the historic ...

New iOS security exploit lets apps read users’ information by executing unsigned code
Security expert Charlie Miller has found a flaw in code signing on iOS devices (via Forbes) that allows developers to sneak malware apps onto ...

Law Journal Apologizes For Article About Executing Law Professors, Professor Resigns
Insane law review article prompts professor's resignation... but how did he get hired in the first place?