Example for using a Webservice in a client/server app

ok I'm ignorant of how to use a WebService in a PB9.0 application. Does
somebody have an example or a link to the steps needed?

thanks

Chris

0
cfauvel
7/25/2003 7:11:37 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

http://www.sybase.com/pb9_samples#wr

The Weather Report sample shows how to call a Web Service.

Also, in the CHTML books, Application Techniques Chapter 30 gives some
instructions.

Good Luck

Michael Walker
Cascadia Software

cfauvel wrote:
> ok I'm ignorant of how to use a WebService in a PB9.0 application. Does
> somebody have an example or a link to the steps needed?
>
> thanks
>
> Chris

0
Michael
7/25/2003 6:57:59 PM
Take a look at sybase CodExchange.

http://powerbuilder.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=246

- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com
0
Joe_Slawsky

Indy 10
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" The udp client component would be used in the datasnap server. The udp server component would be used in the datasnap client. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" UEs...

Deploying PowerBuilder client/server app as .NET Web app
Hi when I deploy Client/Server(stand alone) PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any error messages. --Deploy--- Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed as shown below. ---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2 (1:50:39 PM) Checking IIS server... Generating .NET assembly file... Generating PBD files... Copying to IIS server... Deploy succeeded. ---------- Finished Deploy of p_pbt...

Using a running PowerBuilder App as an OLE Server
Does anyone know how to use a running PowerBuilder App as an OLE Server? Yes, what are you trying to do? -- Thanks Dean Jones, CPD Professional PowerTeam, Inc. www.powerobjects.com dean@outtech.com Josh Manfred <jmanfred@nomad> wrote in article <jeNPU#vH9GA.137@forums.powersoft.com>... > Does anyone know how to use a running PowerBuilder App as an OLE Server? > > > ...

How to configure both server and client with using EAServer and PowerBuilder?
Hi, If I am using PowerBuilder version 8.0.3 Build 9704 & EAServer version 3.6.1 Build 36108, how can I configure both the server and client setting so that I can use web-site to access the database for reporting purpose. Thanks! ...

Calling a webservice from PB Client Server app
Hi, We have written an AD login webservice and I am trying to call this service in my PB client server app. Does anyone know how call a webservice from Powerbuilder? Thanks http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.dc37774_1100/html/apptech/BABJHHEB.htm -- John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist "Moosh" <mushy770@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e122ac5d-4d6b-45e2-b217-82a59c784bac@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > We have written an AD login webservice and I am trying to call this > service in my PB client server app. Does anyone...

Calling a webservice from PB 11 Client Server app
Hi, I created a web service proxy for a .net web service that I need to call from my PB 11 app. The web service takes in a user id and password and validates it against Active Directory. It then passes out all of the user's rolls. I created a function to call the object. But I am not sure how to do it. The prox object is called "p_ppd_wsproxy". Object p_ADLogin is created as a result. In the function I have: soapconnection c p_ADLogin p_MyADLogin c = Create SoapConnection After this, I am not sure which functions (CreateInstance, SetBas...

Is every Powerbuilder client using 2 server sessions?
Is it true that each powerbuilder client is using two sessions on EAS, or is it something else that is causing this in our app (PB8/9 EAS4.2.2)? TIA Aggelos how many iiop listeners do you have on EAServer?... it's possible two connections are being opened because there are two distinct listener profiles serving up your components. On 10 Feb 2004 09:08:29 -0800, Aggelos Paraskevopoulos <angel_NO_SPAM@acm.org> wrote: >Is it true that each powerbuilder client is using two sessions on EAS, >or is it something else that is causing this in our app (PB8/9 EAS4.2.2)?...

to use a webservice or not to use a webservice?
hi folks, i have a web-based application that connects to a server for processing and then gets back the data from the server asynchonously to display to the user--specifically, the user identifies a product by answering coupla questions and then the program connects to a CAD server to generate models of the product to display to the user. creating the CAD files typically takes little over a minute or so...but i would like to know whether its a good idea to use a web-service to connect to the CAD server and then do the processing or whether remoting is a better way to do this. ...

Upload image from windows client to remote server using webservice
 Hi,I am using vb.net and asp.net 2.0. I have a windows client application named winBooks, a web application named webBooks and Web Service application named wsBooks.I am trying to upload images from windows client to remote server webBooks/images/books (but now trying in localhost) using webservice.Uploading is work well, when i use the same path of the wsBooks(webservice) using server.mappath(). But I need to get  the physical path of the remote server "~webBooks/images/books" and store image on that path.The Location where the image will be uploaded will be read f...

Upload files from windows client to remote server using webservice
Hi, I am using vb.net 2005 and sqlserver2005. I am developing windows application named WinSystem to upload files from local machine to remote server using webservice and also i save the path in database. I have another webapplication named WebSystem and WebService application named WebService1. I have a form in WinSystem named Addfiles.vb from which I have to upload file. The uploaded file should be stored in http:\\localhost\WebSystem\Images. Windows application should  read this path from App.Config or the WebService should read this path from Web.Config file of ...

Example TCP server and client using Indy 10 and builder 2010 [Edit]
I hope I'm not wasting time. I got some help with INDY on the 3rd party software forum, but understnad this is the best place for INDY questions. I do not have any other questoin (for now). I wish to give anyone interested an example server and client program pair for transferring both formatted messages and unformated data between instances of TCPServer and TCPClient. I had no luck finding anything up to date with the version of INDY shipped with my Builder 2010. While, this "good" example (I do not even pretend to be professional), I still thought it might be useful, an...

General Question on using web services as THE data provider for client-server interaction
Hello there, I have a general question on the provider model provided within ATLAS.  It looks like we must use web services as the way to populate controls on the client side (asyncronously), as opposed to libraries like Ajax.NET, which concentrate only on the client-server communication but let us invoke code-behind methods as Ajex.NET methods and then return those results asyncronously. I just wanted to verify that my assumptions are correct here, and just ask why this method is the one method for doing this (although it looks like you can use UpdatePanel controls around server-side...

Using XULRunner app as a server-side app
Hi, I'd like to use a XULRunner-based tiny web-browser on a server to automate testing/QA tasks. While server apps basically do not need UI I'm looking for a way to switch it off to save resources. Is there a way to turn off UI or somehow minimize the cost of using it? Thanks for advance, Denis On 11/12/08 18:17, disya2 wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to use a XULRunner-based tiny web-browser on a server to > automate testing/QA tasks. While server apps basically do not need UI > I'm looking for a way to switch it off to save resources. Is there a >...

clients cannot login to server using server name
We have a Netware 6.5 server now running SP3 that users on Windows 98 who are now running client 3.4c can't login to using the server name only. The problem first occured when the 6.5 server was on SP1 and most of the clients were running 3.32. Because of the older versions, we first tried upgrading both server and clients to the latest versions, but this did not help. We can login in to the server if we use the IP address in the server field of the client. However, if the server name is used, the client can not find the server and logs in to the 5.1 server at the same location....

Web resources about - Example for using a Webservice in a client/server app - sybase.powerbuilder.general

webservices Articles, Posts, Blogs, Videos - Technorati
— Authority: The job consist in a PHP program that read a file, compose a message (email or sms) and call an API of email provider (Amazon SES) ...

Section: software:webservices
Wired.com © 2012 Condé Nast. All rights reserved. Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (effective 3/21/12) and Privacy ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

App Search on Flickr - Application Sharing!

Wikipedia:Press coverage 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you add an article, please cite both the title and the source. Note that if you're listing an article from a traditional press wire service ...

Entity–relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

Entity-relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro - MyCareer
Find IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro on MyCareer. Fresh IT and Telecommunications Jobs posted daily. Free email alerts and ...

AWS Elastic Beanstalk: A Quick and Simple Way into the Cloud
Flexibility is one of the key principles of Amazon WebServices - developers can select any programming language and software package,any operating ...

How To Use the Amazon SDK for Android to Upload Photos to Amazon S3
This article demonstrates how to use the AWS SDK for Android to upload an image to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) from your mobile device ...