Error received when Installing PB 10.5 eval - Common Installer

Hello,

 I haven't used PowerBuilder since 1998 (version 6), but a
recent opportunity requires that I utilize the software.

Before purchasing 10.5 Desktop, I downloaded the PB 10.5
Eval copy to give it a "test drive".

Unfortunately, when attempting to install it, (by clicking
Setup.exe)  I received the following error:

 ---------------------------
 PowerBuilder - InstallShield Wizard
 Setup has detected that this installation was NOT launched
by
 the Sybase Common Installer.  Please use the Common
Installer
 to install PowerBuilder 10.5. Setup will now terminate.

 I have Windows XP Home Edition ( I'm hoping PB 10.5 Eval
does
 not require XP Professional - if so, it's off to the
Software
 Store)

 Can anyone shed some light?

 Much Thanks,

  Mike
0
MacPhil
10/24/2006 5:32:14 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 10 followers. Follow

Installation must be done through the common installer: CommonInstaller.zip

It should be on the download page.

Brad

MacPhil wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I haven't used PowerBuilder since 1998 (version 6), but a
> recent opportunity requires that I utilize the software.
>
> Before purchasing 10.5 Desktop, I downloaded the PB 10.5
> Eval copy to give it a "test drive".
>
> Unfortunately, when attempting to install it, (by clicking
> Setup.exe)  I received the following error:
>
>  ---------------------------
>  PowerBuilder - InstallShield Wizard
>  Setup has detected that this installation was NOT launched
> by
>  the Sybase Common Installer.  Please use the Common
> Installer
>  to install PowerBuilder 10.5. Setup will now terminate.

>  I have Windows XP Home Edition ( I'm hoping PB 10.5 Eval
> does
>  not require XP Professional - if so, it's off to the
> Software
>  Store)
>
>  Can anyone shed some light?
>
>  Much Thanks,
>
>   Mike
0
Brad
10/24/2006 6:47:09 PM
 Hi Brad,

  Thanks for the info. I looked on the Download page, but
could
  not find the file/instructions. I contacted Tech Support,
but
  they did not see it either.

  Am I missing a step/path ?

  Thanks again,
    Mike

> Installation must be done through the common installer:
> CommonInstaller.zip
>
> It should be on the download page.
>
> Brad
>
> MacPhil wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >  I haven't used PowerBuilder since 1998 (version 6), but
> > a recent opportunity requires that I utilize the
> > software.
> > Before purchasing 10.5 Desktop, I downloaded the PB 10.5
> > Eval copy to give it a "test drive".
> >
> > Unfortunately, when attempting to install it, (by
> > clicking Setup.exe)  I received the following error:
> >
> >  ---------------------------
> >  PowerBuilder - InstallShield Wizard
> >  Setup has detected that this installation was NOT
> > launched by
> >  the Sybase Common Installer.  Please use the Common
> > Installer
> >  to install PowerBuilder 10.5. Setup will now terminate.

> > --
> >  I have Windows XP Home Edition ( I'm hoping PB 10.5
> > Eval does
> >  not require XP Professional - if so, it's off to the
> > Software
> >  Store)
> >
> >  Can anyone shed some light?
> >
> >  Much Thanks,
> >
> >   Mike
0
MacPhil
10/24/2006 8:23:59 PM
What URL are you using to get to the download page? The one I went to
had CommonInstaller.zip.

Brad

MacPhil wrote:
>  Hi Brad,
>
>   Thanks for the info. I looked on the Download page, but
> could
>   not find the file/instructions. I contacted Tech Support,
> but
>   they did not see it either.
>
>   Am I missing a step/path ?
>
>   Thanks again,
>     Mike
>

>>Installation must be done through the common installer:
>>CommonInstaller.zip
>>
>>It should be on the download page.
>>
>>Brad
>>
>>MacPhil wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>> I haven't used PowerBuilder since 1998 (version 6), but
>>>a recent opportunity requires that I utilize the
>>>software.
>>>Before purchasing 10.5 Desktop, I downloaded the PB 10.5
>>>Eval copy to give it a "test drive".
>>>
>>>Unfortunately, when attempting to install it, (by
>>>clicking Setup.exe)  I received the following error:
>>>
>>> ---------------------------
>>> PowerBuilder - InstallShield Wizard
>>> Setup has detected that this installation was NOT
>>>launched by
>>> the Sybase Common Installer.  Please use the Common
>>>Installer
>>> to install PowerBuilder 10.5. Setup will now terminate.

>>>--
>>> I have Windows XP Home Edition ( I'm hoping PB 10.5
>>>Eval does
>>> not require XP Professional - if so, it's off to the
>>>Software
>>> Store)
>>>
>>> Can anyone shed some light?
>>>
>>> Much Thanks,
>>>
>>>  Mike
0
Brad
10/24/2006 8:44:46 PM
I went to the main site: sybase.com and select the DownLoad
Pulldown Tab. This take me to
http://www.sybase.com/downloads.

> What URL are you using to get to the download page? The
> one I went to  had CommonInstaller.zip.
>
> Brad
>
> MacPhil wrote:
> >  Hi Brad,
> >
> >   Thanks for the info. I looked on the Download page,
> > but could
> >   not find the file/instructions. I contacted Tech
> > Support, but
> >   they did not see it either.
> >
> >   Am I missing a step/path ?
> >
> >   Thanks again,
> >     Mike
> >

> >>Installation must be done through the common installer:
> >>CommonInstaller.zip
> >>
> >>It should be on the download page.
> >>
> >>Brad

> but >>>a recent opportunity requires that I utilize the
> 10.5 >>>Eval copy to give it a "test drive".

> terminate. >>>
> >>>

> >>--------------------------------------------------------
> -- >>

0
MacPhil
10/24/2006 8:52:16 PM
Use this link:
http://www.sybase.com/products/developmentintegration/powerbuilder

Click on the "Try now" button. You will have to enter some information
and agree to some terms and conditions. You should then reach a download
page containing everything you need to install the evaluation version of
PB 10.5.

Brad

MacPhil wrote:
> I went to the main site: sybase.com and select the DownLoad
> Pulldown Tab. This take me to
> http://www.sybase.com/downloads.
>

>>What URL are you using to get to the download page? The
>>one I went to  had CommonInstaller.zip.
>>
>>Brad
>>
>>MacPhil wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Brad,
>>>
>>>  Thanks for the info. I looked on the Download page,
>>>but could
>>>  not find the file/instructions. I contacted Tech
>>>Support, but
>>>  they did not see it either.
>>>
>>>  Am I missing a step/path ?
>>>
>>>  Thanks again,
>>>    Mike

>>but >>>a recent opportunity requires that I utilize the

>>10.5 >>>Eval copy to give it a "test drive".

>>terminate. >>>

>>-- >>

0
Brad
10/24/2006 8:59:48 PM
Brad,

 Many Thanks for all your help! This works great!
 It looks a bit different than version 6. ;)

Thanks,
  Mike

> Use this link:

http://www.sybase.com/products/developmentintegration/powerbuilder

> Click on the "Try now" button. You will have to enter some
> information  and agree to some terms and conditions. You
> should then reach a download  page containing everything
> you need to install the evaluation version of  PB 10.5.
>

> Brad
>
> MacPhil wrote:
> > I went to the main site: sybase.com and select the
> > DownLoad Pulldown Tab. This take me to
> > http://www.sybase.com/downloads.
> >

> >>What URL are you using to get to the download page? The
> >>one I went to  had CommonInstaller.zip.
> >>
> >>Brad

> installer: >>>>CommonInstaller.zip

> >>but >>>a recent opportunity requires that I utilize the

> >>10.5 >>>Eval copy to give it a "test drive".

> >>terminate. >>>

> -- >>
> >>-- >>

0
MacPhil
10/24/2006 9:53:39 PM
Yeah, there's been a few changes since version 6...

<MacPhil> wrote in message news:453e8b63.62e0.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Brad,
>
> Many Thanks for all your help! This works great!
> It looks a bit different than version 6. ;)
>
> Thanks,
>  Mike
>
>> Use this link:
>>
> http://www.sybase.com/products/developmentintegration/powerbuilder
>>
>> Click on the "Try now" button. You will have to enter some
>> information  and agree to some terms and conditions. You
>> should then reach a download  page containing everything
>> you need to install the evaluation version of  PB 10.5.
>>

>> Brad
>>
>> MacPhil wrote:
>> > I went to the main site: sybase.com and select the
>> > DownLoad Pulldown Tab. This take me to
>> > http://www.sybase.com/downloads.

>> installer: >>>>CommonInstaller.zip

>> -- >>

0
Brad
10/25/2006 2:35:18 AM
Sort of why it isn't called version 6 anymore :-)

"Brad Wery [TeamSybase]" <bradweryatagricoreunited.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, there's been a few changes since version 6...
>
> <MacPhil> wrote in message news:453e8b63.62e0.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Brad,
>>
>> Many Thanks for all your help! This works great!
>> It looks a bit different than version 6. ;)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>  Mike
>>
>>> Use this link:
>>>
>> http://www.sybase.com/products/developmentintegration/powerbuilder
>>>
>>> Click on the "Try now" button. You will have to enter some
>>> information  and agree to some terms and conditions. You
>>> should then reach a download  page containing everything
>>> you need to install the evaluation version of  PB 10.5.
>>>

>>> Brad

>>> installer: >>>>CommonInstaller.zip

>>> -- >>

0
Andrew

PB 10.5 EVAL install problem
Hi, who can help me? I have made the beta tests pb 10.5. Yesterday I have download the PB 10.5 eval. Now I wanted to install pb 10.5 eval. I have entered the key from the email but I always get the report, this eval version has expired . I would like to test the eval version, who can I install it? Whats wrong? Thank for the help. Andre Rust ...

PB 10.5 EVAL install problem
Hi, who can help me? I have made the beta tests pb 10.5. Yesterday I have download the PB 10.5 eval. Now I wanted to install pb 10.5 eval. I have entered the key from the email but I always get the report, this eval version has expired . I would like to test the eval version, who can I install it? Whats wrong? Thank for the help. Andre Rust Hi Andre, I wonder if your machine has even installed pb105 evl editon ? Thanks Yutao Hi, why? You can download it by sybase, if you have a account. Do you have an idea for this? ANDRE RUST Yutao schrieb: > Hi A...

Error installing PB 10.5 beta
Hi all, has anyone had this problem trying to install the 10.5 beta? begin 666 scrshot.JPG M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0$`8 !@``#_VP!#``@&!@<&!0@'!P<)"0@*#!0-# L+ M#!D2$P\4'1H?'AT:'!P@)"XG("(L(QP<*#<I+# Q-#0T'R<Y/3@R/"XS-#+_ MVP!#`0D)"0P+#!@-#1@R(1PA,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R M,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C+_P `1" (.`K<#`2(``A$!`Q$!_\0` M'P```04!`0$!`0$```````````$"`P0%!@<("0H+_\0`M1 ``@$#`P($`P4% M! 0```%]`0(#``01!1(A,4$&$U%A!R)Q%#*!D:$((T*QP152T? D,V)R@@D* M%A<8&1HE)B<H*2HT...

Powerbuilder Enterprise 10.5 Install Error
I'm trying to do a basic install of Powerbuilder, and I'm not even getting to the first prompt. When I run setup.exe I get the following error: Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070002 Error Information: >SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1356) pAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID: $10.1.0.238 @Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 232.64 I've tried it on my machine, rebuilt my machine from the ground up and tried it again, and tried 4 other machines (including one that already has Powerbuilder installed). I've also tried several past versions with the same error. I have to be missing...

Can't install PB 10.0, 10.5, or 11.5 in Vista
I can not install any version of Powerbuilder in Vista Enterprise SP1. 10.0 and 10.5 setups are closed due to DEP. 11.5 will not run due to "Can not create COM objects". These must be old issues but there is nothing in the release notes specific to installing on Vista. Must I contact support? Anyone? I had the same issue myself. The install kept crashing. I have not found a way to fix it yet nor have i found a work around. > I can not install any version of Powerbuilder in Vista > Enterprise SP1. 10.0 and 10.5 setups are closed due to > DEP. 11.5 will not run...

Install PB 10 update without needing to install PB 9 update, then PB 8 update....
We have a bunch of updates to PB. Is there a way we can install PB 10 without needing to install all the previous versions of PB? If all you have is an update version, then you'll need to have some previous version of PB installed. On 4 Mar 2005 05:54:11 -0800, "Daniel Coppersmith" <daniel_N.0.S.P.A.M_at_InFrontSoftware_D0T_C0M> wrote: >We have a bunch of updates to PB. Is there a way we can install PB 10 >without needing to install all the previous versions of PB? > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Vote for D...

PB 10.5 ENT crashes after EAServer 5.3.0 installation
Hello everyone, After installation of PowerBuilder 10.5 ENT on a "clean" WinXP everything works fine (Toshiba Satellite, Intel Core-2 Duo), but as soon as I install EAServer 5.3.0, everytime I try to open a 4GL Page in design mode under PB I get runtime error that application has to be closed in an unussual way. Probalby this is a machine compatibility issue because after I do the same things on my second laptop everything is fine. Thanks for any help, Regards, Thomas Brzozowski Hi, Is the error like this? -----------------------------------------------...

PB 6.0, 6.5 Install Uninstallshield error message (error 432)
When I launch PB 6.5 setup I see an error message that UninstallShield is running, and to please quit from that. It also shows the text 'Error 432'. This error occurs on two developers' workstations, both Windows NT 4.0 and PB 5.0.04 already present. (The 6.5 Install CD contains InstallShield SETUP.EXE version 5.10.145.) I went to the InstallShield website and searched for info on Error 432. I got one hit each under InstallShield versions 5 and 3. In each, it said that setup had detected that uninst.exe or uninst16.exe was running, apparently by testing whether the exe file ...

MDAC 2.5 required to run, cannot install
 Hello!I have a problem with Data Access. There is a DLL i need to use, which was compiled in VB.6 using MDAC 2.5. I am using ..NET 2.0 and on my machine it's MDAC 2.8.When my program is trying to use that DLL, I get an error of connection not being open. The guy who created that DLL says I need to have MDAC 2.5 on my machine in order to use the DLL properly. However, when I download and try to install MDAC 2.5 it tells me that it's already installed on the machine. Yet, when I go to check in the registry, I get 2.8 and 2.6 as a rollback version. Here is the question: how do I i...

Installing 6.5 into 5.1 existing tree. Receiving PKI error code -603
Hello, We are trying to install a new Netware 6.5 server SP3 (the one that comes with OES) into our existing 5.1 tree. The setup was strait forward and I am now 20% into the final process. The new 6.5 server has been added to the tree and appears happy. The setup asked questions regarding iFolder (ldap and iFolder IP addresses) then asked about netstorage. After answering those it starts the "configure process" and that is where I am stuck at 20% The error message reads. PKI Error The PKI Install was unable to create the Organizational Certificate Authorit...

Install PB 10.5 on Vista
Transferred to a new team and had to install PB 10.5 with install CD's supplied by team member, where I installed 6.5, 8.0, and then 10.5 on current XP machine. I need to run the same steps on a Vista machine that I'll be getting shortly. Will I run into any issues with any of these versions ? I understand that Versions 11.2 and greater are supported on Vista. Any insight on this install/migration path and compatibility would be greatly appreciated! 10.5.2 and 11.1 are the minimum versions supported on Vista. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com &l...

Powerbuilder 10.5 Install Hangs
When installing Powerbuilder 10.5, I get to a screen that says "Setup is running in another window, use ALT+TAB to switch between windows". No other processes are running that would indicate that it is installing, and never seems to do anything. After reading some other posts indicating that deleting the program files\common files\installshield folder I did that, but still hang. I've tried rebooting also - no workie. Note that this is Powerbuilder 10.5 Enterprise - not the beta or the demo. Any ideas? I've tried the install on both my desktop and laptop wi...

To install or not to install?

10.5 Eval Copy Installation
Hi There, I am trying to install 10.5 Eval copy, but setup giving an error that the installation should be done only thru common installer. Not sure where to get the common installer same place you got the eval On 7 Sep 2006 11:55:14 -0700, Vinodh Venkatraman wrote: >Hi There, > >I am trying to install 10.5 Eval copy, but setup giving an >error that the installation should be done only thru common >installer. > >Not sure where to get the common installer ...

PB 10.5 and PFC 10.5 Migration
I am having trouble with an app that I migrated from PB 9 (pfc 8.0) to PB 10.5.1.6551 (pfc 10.5 - from code exchange). I keep getting an app terminated error when it calls the f_setfilesrv function. I did setup through debug and the function gets called with no issues several time before getting called to produce the error. The variable is not of type n_cst_filesrvwin32. All the other times before hitting the error it sets it to the n_cst_filesrvunicode. Do I need to turn-off Unicode? How to I do that? Any help will be helpful. begin 666 pfc.rtf M>UQR=&8Q7&am...

Web resources about - Error received when Installing PB 10.5 eval - Common Installer - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper