Error 999 (rc -1) : Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error

My fairly complex SQL is working correctly in any
JDBC front-end tools. But when using with PB 9.01, it gave
me the above error.

The database involved is Firebird, and the connection is
JDBC.  This connection seems to work in all cases except
for the above SQLs.

I wonder what "internal" PB is talking about so that I can
have some clue in fixing my SQL.

Thanks,

Ben
http://vmdd.tech.mylinuxisp.com/catalog/
-1
Ben
11/10/2003 10:55:00 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

It's probably not your SQL specifically, but rather some JDBC API call
that returned a failure message that PowerBuilder doesn't know how to
handle.  Merant has a JDBCSpy tool that might help you figure out
where the failure is, but I suspect you're quickest route to
resolution will be to open a case with Technical Support.

On 10 Nov 2003 14:55:00 -0800, Ben wrote:

>My fairly complex SQL is working correctly in any
>JDBC front-end tools. But when using with PB 9.01, it gave
>me the above error.
>
>The database involved is Firebird, and the connection is
>JDBC.  This connection seems to work in all cases except
>for the above SQLs.
>
>I wonder what "internal" PB is talking about so that I can
>have some clue in fixing my SQL.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ben
>http://vmdd.tech.mylinuxisp.com/catalog/

Jim O'Neil
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc.
Concord, MA
1
joneil

Select error: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error
Hi all, we are using PB7.0.3 Build 10135 with a JDBC Connection to MSSQL2k server. JDBC-driver: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC Version 2.2 Patch 1. used JDK is 1.2.2 The problem is the same if PB-application is running stand alone or as Component in EAServer. Problem: Whe retieving data everything is working fine unless there is an Euro-character in the data. Then we receive the following Message: "Select error: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error" Any ideas? Thanks What is the character set being used in JDBC and MSS? From what I have found, ...

Internal Error
I'm getting a PowerBuilder Runtime Error which says, ' Internal RunTime Engine Failure Contact PowerSoft Tech SUpport (NOOP)'. The error no. is R0011. I get this error when I try to call a function of an nvo from a window function. And the most strange thing is that this is not really a new code, this same code used to work before. I guess this problem started happening after regenerating the application. I'm not sure if the given info wil be helpful, but if u need a full info and feel that u could help then please do send me an e- mail. Thanks a lot , Swai Chand...

Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error
I'am having a problem using a JDBC connection cache on my local EAS to a ASE DB: I receive following error message : 'Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error'. The settings of the connection cache are as followed: Classname:com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver Pinging this conn. cache succeeds The environment is as followed: EAS : Jaguar CTS - Component Transaction Server/Version 4.1.2 (Build 41210)/P/PC Intel/Windows NT 4.0/OPT/Jul 16 2002 17:03:54 - JDK 1.3 PB : 8.0.3 Build 9704 When I deploy to and run from an other EAS (using the same settings for the connection cache), I d...

Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error #2
Hi, I receive the follow error message when I try to use one connection cache: Error connecting to the database: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error In my component source I use the follow SQLCA.dbms = 'JDBC' SQLCA.dbParm = "UseContextObject=Yes,CacheName='eSigest'" connect using SQLCA; if SQLCA.sqlCode <> 0 then return "Error connecting to the database: " + SQLCA.sqlErrText end if And the connection cache has the following configuration: server name : jdbc:sybase:Tds:10.1.1.2:5000/sigest_adm user name: ...

Error, Error and more errors

errors errors errors..

error error error

Why Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error occurs when connecting to ASE DB
Hi I created a connection cache for ASE 12.5 database with the following properties in connection cache tabs. I am able to ping the database succssfully. Server name = jdbc:sybase:Tds:client50:6500/iob Driver = com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver In the PB component, I used the following syntax to connect the database. SQLCA.DBMS = "JDB" SQLCA.DBParm = "CacheName='Test'" but the following error thrown in the srv.log SQLDBCODE: 999 SQLERRTEXT: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error What could be reason for the above error? T...

General error: internal database error
I've got this error message while trying to create index: "General error: internal database error. Transaction rolled back." What could cause that error? What can be done in this situation? Thanks Ricardas This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------8FAF9B581B4945BDB0446FD5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Please boot the engine by hand by going to the command prompt and doing: dbeng50.exe <path to dbfile> What error message occurs on the SQL Anywhere console? Dave Wolf Sybase Profes...

Internal Powerbuilder Error (NOOP)
A recurring problem ... We are using PB6.5 Build 444, with PFC. Problem is when I have to change an object in the middle of our object heirarchy, then I rebuild, I get the application error "Internal Powerbuilder Error (NOOP)." This has happened several times. To this point we have gotten around it by jiggling around our code fixes in different ways until the error doesn't occur. I'm sure its not a compile error, but sometimes, writing the code a different way, it doesn't occur. I suspect this is a problem with 444, but my manager doesn't want to upgrade....

PowerBuilder Problems
Please Help Me solve a question! this question exist when one user click on screen rapidly and repeatedly,then PowerBuilder 6.0 causes a vital error,ErrorMessage: PB60 caused a stack fault in module <unknown> at 0000:0000000f. Registers: EAX=00ed1798 CS=0137 EIP=0000000f EFLGS=00010246 EBX=01eb0998 SS=013f ESP=0066f3bc EBP=0000070c ECX=00ed17d0 DS=013f ESI=00ed17d0 FS=3b3f EDX=00000000 ES=013f EDI=014e0dc8 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 00 65 04 70 00 54 ff 00 f0 4c e1 00 f0 6f ef 00 Stack dump: 111ed7fb 00000001 00000001 01eb0ca0 00000000 106205ff 014e0dc8 0066f3f0 00000084 ...

General error : internal database error ???
I have a client that is running Novell 4.1 with sqlanywhere 5.5.04; At this installation the workstations are constantly crapping out with the above mentioned error; We have tried most everything as it relates to the novell OS - even installed the latest servicepack (7); but to no avail; I am usually pretty good at solving problems but this one doesn't give me enough to go on; does anyone have a suggestion or two about what might be happening ? I have 20 other installations running novell 4.1 with no problem; tia Dennis Hank Have you tried comparing the SQLA instal...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

Web resources about - Error 999 (rc -1) : Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles