Embedded SQL compile - no error message

When I enter embedded SQL in a script with errors (invalid column names, etc.)
the compile is not giving any error or warning messages.  I'm using 5.0.03, and
while in the script painter under Design -> Options I have checked every box
for displaying errors and warnings, but still I get nothing.  I know at home
it will display warning for me, so it must be something I've set incorrectly,
but I don't know what.

If you could reply via e-mail I would appreciate it, as I have limited access
to the internet here in the office.

--Thanks
0
David
11/25/1998 1:33:16 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 10 followers. Follow

In article <NSkFogHG#GA.159@forums.powersoft.com>,
david.gerdner@prudential.com says...
> When I enter embedded SQL in a script with errors (invalid column names, etc.)
> the compile is not giving any error or warning messages.  I'm using 5.0.03, and
> while in the script painter under Design -> Options I have checked every box
> for displaying errors and warnings, but still I get nothing.  I know at home
> it will display warning for me, so it must be something I've set incorrectly,
> but I don't know what.
>
> If you could reply via e-mail I would appreciate it, as I have limited access
> to the internet here in the office.
>
> --Thanks

When using enbedded SQL, the compiler does not do any syntax checking on
the query.  You'll get the error at runtime
--

Andy Turiansky
Team Powersoft

By the way, you don't even have to be connected to the database you plan to connect
to when compiling - you just have to be connected to SOME database - so even if you
get syntax errors they can always be ignored.

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support
joneil@sybase.com

Andy Turiansky [TeamPS] wrote:

> In article <NSkFogHG#GA.159@forums.powersoft.com>,
> david.gerdner@prudential.com says...
> > When I enter embedded SQL in a script with errors (invalid column names, etc.)
> > the compile is not giving any error or warning messages.  I'm using 5.0.03, and
> > while in the script painter under Design -> Options I have checked every box
> > for displaying errors and warnings, but still I get nothing.  I know at home
> > it will display warning for me, so it must be something I've set incorrectly,
> > but I don't know what.
> >
> > If you could reply via e-mail I would appreciate it, as I have limited access
> > to the internet here in the office.
> >
> > --Thanks
> >
> When using enbedded SQL, the compiler does not do any syntax checking on
> the query.  You'll get the error at runtime
> --
>
> Andy Turiansky
> Team Powersoft
> AndyT@DelaNET.Com
> http://www.delanet.com/~aturians/pbh

0
Jim

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code1.
 Hi all, I just installed the software which was fine and no errors... when i went to run it first time at local host it came up with the following error... anyone know what this means?? I have created different ASP.NET projects and it runs no problem... Regards Sicose Server Error in '/PortalVBSDK' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed...

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128
I recently installed the .net framework 1.1 to one of my IIS servers. I have been running the .net and some of the starter kits on my dev box and it works just great. In addition to trying the time tracking starter kit (which also works great on my dev box), I have tried a very simple test.aspx page. I would appreciate any help or direction on what to do about this. I am new to .net and not even sure what to try to resolve this problem Thanks in advance. -Bob Server Error in '/TTWebVBVS' Application. ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128.
 I have deployed my website to a server hosted by a hosting company. (WebHost4life). I keep getting an error message when I try to access the web application via the assigned URL. Does anyone know what the problem is? Why am I getting this error message and how do I fix it? Server Error in '/' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128...

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code -1073741502
Hi all, I am posting this just in case this information is useful for other people. I have an ASP.Net page created with VS2005 worked perfectly when running in release mode, but it consistently gave me the following error when running in debug mode within VS2005: Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code -1073741502  The problem was solved after restarting VS.Hong Hi, I appreciate that you share your experience here. Thanks, ThomasThomas SunMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click...

compiler error message using SQL statement
Hi! I am connecting to two databases in my application through Database painter: 1. using ODBC to MS Access 2. using OLE DB to MS SQL (As active connection) I have created different transaction for each connection in my script. Problem: When I compile my script with some SQL statements, where I indicate the necessary transaction (USING transaction), I have compiler error message that in SQL statement (whose use the ODBC connection) it can't find some table using OLE DB ! When I change active connection to ODBC, I reach s...

external component has thrown an exception" Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 1.
I seriously frustrated i am struggling to resolve this problem. I not sure what the problem is at all. Can someone please help. I keep getting the following "external component has thrown an exception" Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 1. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE> "c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe" /t:library /utf8output /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0...

No errors before compile, errors after compile
I haven't seen anyone mention this problem so I'm hoping that it's something simple. When I compile my 6.5 ent app to exe & pbds I get errors that do not exist before the compile, and if I take a pbl (often not even the pbl with the offending code) and move it into the exe sometimes the errors go away. I have optimized and done a full rebuild. This obviously makes no sense I hope someone else has experienced this. The errors are usually null objects. My system is win95 with 128mb ram. Thanks in advance. Shawn Davis Shawn, One of the best things to do i...

"Compilation Error Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type "'ws.Email' is not defined." after webservice request.
Hi,  I created a Webservice, which sends emails of a filled form. Offline I have no problems to get it to work, but when I put my website online I get "Compilation Error Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type "'ws.Email'  is not defined." It seems it can't find the webservice anymore, although I added the webreference (which worked fine) before I put the website online (with dir App_WebReferences -> ws -> Email.wsdl,...)  This is the code which requests the webrequest:Dim SendEmail As New ws.Email() SendEmail.Send_Mail(code, 2, TextB...

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'SessionTracker' is not defined.
Hello, I created a class for my application that is store in the app_code folder and referenced the class somewhere in my code. but for some reason when I try to run my page, I get a compilation error and would appreciate any help I can get to fix this error please.     Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'SessionTracker' is not defined. Source Error: Lin...

I Get this error : Compiler Error Message BC30002.
Hi everybody, i'm working on a project and works fine in my local server, but when i try to public into the production server, doesn't works i get this error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'ClsDataAccess' is not defined.Source Error:  Line 3: Partial Class Presentacion_MasterPageLine 4: Inherits System.Web.UI.MasterPageLine 5...

Compiler Error Message: BC30035: Syntax error
Compiler Error Message: BC30035: Syntax error Line 64: FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage("tfUsername.value", true) Line 65: ELSE IF ((Request.Form("tfUsername"))) <> Nothing Line 66: OR ((Request.Form("tfPassword))) <> Nothing Line 67: Response.Write("Login Failed. Please try Again.") Line 68: end if I get the message for line 66, I got the code excatly from a book but I keep getting errors, Doe anyone know what 's the problem with this syntax error? you need a THEN, and all request's should be empty strings ...

Message: Compile error : Compiled segment size exceeds 64K
Hi, Can someone tell me what is the remedy of this problem. Ali Ali, It sounds like you're using machine code in a 16-bit development environment. This is a restriction of the 16-bit environment. To remedy this, do either: 1) Compile to p-code (PBD's) instead of machine code OR 2) Use a 32-bit development environment and a 32-bit target platform. -- Regards, Millard[Team Sybase] Power3 - Custom Enterprise Training Ali Naqvi wrote in message ... >Hi, > >Can someone tell me what is the remedy of this problem. > >Ali > &g...

What does this error message mean? (I get it when trying to send a message that has embedded graphics)
How am I supposed to check the temp settings, and what am I supposed to change? "Sending of message failed. Unable to open the temporary file C:\Users\Storm\AppData\Local\Temp\nsmail.tmp. Check your 'Temporary Directory' setting." Restorm wrote: > How am I supposed to check the temp settings, and what am I supposed to > change? "Sending of message failed. > Unable to open the temporary file > C:\Users\Storm\AppData\Local\Temp\nsmail.tmp. Check your 'Temporary > Directory' setting." This poster to the m'zine forum investiga...

Using quotes in Powerbuilder embedded SQL and SQL Anywhere 10.0 ?
Hi, I was testing my app with the new release of SQL Anywhere 10.0. It looks like SQL Anywhere 10 does no longer accept any embedded SQL command that uses double quotes ie: SELECT "roster"."last", "roster"."first" from "database" into :ls_last, :ls_first ; // Generates syntax error in SQL Anywhere 10, but works fine in SQLA 9 SELECT roster.last, roster.first from database into :ls_last, :ls_first ; // Generates syntax error in SQL Anywhere 9, but works fine in SQLA 10 Changing all the embedded SQL in a big app requi...

Web resources about - Embedded SQL compile - no error message - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Embedded system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Picture of the internals of an ADSL modem / router . A modern example of an embedded system. Labelled parts include a microprocessor (4), RAM ...

Embedded Instagram Photos on the Web Are Now Bigger, Cleaner
Is bigger better? In the case of embedded photos , Instagram believes the answer to be yes, as Mashable reported that the Facebook-owned photo- ...

Embedded Posts
Embedded Posts are a way to put public posts - by a Page or a person on Facebook - into the content of your web site or web page.

Facebook rolls out embedded posts to everyone
Post by Mumford and Sons . Last month, Facebook ran a test of embedded posts with CNN , Huffington Post , Bleacher Report , PEOPLE and Mashable ...

Embedded Video (@EmbeddedVideo) on Twitter

Rich photo experience now in embedded Tweets - Twitter Blogs
Every day, publishers and journalists all over the world share the best of Twitter with their readers by embedding Tweets in their articles. ...

Embedded Timelines - Twitter Developers
Overview Embeddable timelines make it easy to syndicate any public Twitter timeline to your website with one line of code. Just like timelines ...

Embedded Systems Conference (ESC)
ESC events provide an educational experience for embedded systems designers and technical professionals involved in designing electronics products ...

App Store - Embedded Computing Design
Get Embedded Computing Design on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

VIA Embedded booth digital home - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Stylish, discreet digital home automation, security and entertainment solutions on show at the VIA Embedded booth at Computex 2009