DW design mode working exe not working

Hi all,

I'm using PB 8.0.2 build 9056, installed on win2000
I'm facing a weird problem ,
I have a datawindow that is working fine while running the application from
within power builder,
but when I'm building the exe(dynamic library PBD and full rebuild),   then
the datawindow will not work properly,   and it generate a "close/detail"
error and the application will closed.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this case?
Any help will be very appreciated
Thx in advance
Rabih

0
Rabih

Compile with one pbd per pbl !!!

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:07:39 +0200,

--
Olivier Citeau from Paris, France
Olivier

If not, and you've got an easily reproducible case, I would suggest submitting that to Tech Support.
http://casexpress.sybase.com

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
VCI   Springfield, MA

Get the two new PB9 Books!
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

"rabih" <rabih_maalouf@ipsos-stat.com> wrote in message news:eHQZgiQKDHA.280@forums-1-dub...
> That's what I'm doing , I have 25 PBL and there fore  25 PBD.
> By the way the datawindow is a crosstab datawindow.
>

> "Olivier" <ociteau-NOCANSPAM@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> > Compile with one pbd per pbl !!!
> >

> > On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:07:39 +0200,
> >  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> > Rabih <rabih_maalouf@ipsos-stat.com> wrote:
> > >Hi all,
> > >
> > >I'm using PB 8.0.2 build 9056, installed on win2000
> > >I'm facing a weird problem ,
> > >I have a datawindow that is working fine while running the application
> from
> > >within power builder,
> > >but when I'm building the exe(dynamic library PBD and full rebuild),
> then
> > >the datawindow will not work properly,   and it generate a "close/detail"
> > >error and the application will closed.
> > >
> > >I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this case?
> > >Any help will be very appreciated
> > >Thx in advance
> > >Rabih
> > >

> > --
> > Olivier Citeau from Paris, France

Paul
6/2/2003 1:15:27 PM
That's what I'm doing , I have 25 PBL and there fore  25 PBD.
By the way the datawindow is a crosstab datawindow.

"Olivier" <ociteau-NOCANSPAM@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> Compile with one pbd per pbl !!!
>

> On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:07:39 +0200,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> Rabih <rabih_maalouf@ipsos-stat.com> wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I'm using PB 8.0.2 build 9056, installed on win2000
> >I'm facing a weird problem ,
> >I have a datawindow that is working fine while running the application
from
> >within power builder,
> >but when I'm building the exe(dynamic library PBD and full rebuild),
then
> >the datawindow will not work properly,   and it generate a "close/detail"
> >error and the application will closed.
> >
> >I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this case?
> >Any help will be very appreciated
> >Thx in advance
> >Rabih
> >

> --
> Olivier Citeau from Paris, France

rabih
6/2/2003 2:12:32 PM
Guys , you won't believe it
I've just moved the DW to another library,
and optimized the library where it was before and IT WORKED FINE , THX GOD

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <paulhATvcisolutionsDOTcom> wrote in message
> You're saying that running the app thru the IDE works fine, but the
compiled app generates a runtime error?   Maybe you
> have duplicated PB runtime DLLs on your machine??  That certainly would
explain the difference you're seeing...

> If not, and you've got an easily reproducible case, I would suggest
submitting that to Tech Support.
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
>
> --
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
> VCI   Springfield, MA
> www.vcisolutions.com
>
> Get the two new PB9 Books!
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> "rabih" <rabih_maalouf@ipsos-stat.com> wrote in message
> > That's what I'm doing , I have 25 PBL and there fore  25 PBD.
> > By the way the datawindow is a crosstab datawindow.
> >

> > "Olivier" <ociteau-NOCANSPAM@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> > > Compile with one pbd per pbl !!!
> > >

> > > On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:07:39 +0200,
> > >  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general

> > from
> > then

> > > --
> > > Olivier Citeau from Paris, France

Rabih

Working
I have two servers running NW65sp4A (different trees). I initially installed BM3.8 patched to sp4 with VPN services ( Firewall services to follow after I know I have VPN working). My problem is that it appears to be working but its not working. I can open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE side network) and reach the MASTER, authenticate and open files. The MASTER NRM VPN monitor shows 1 (one) Active Connections 0 (zero) Packets Received and lots of Packets Sent. The VPN Member List Status shows both servers as �Being Configured�. The Audit Log has two recurring RED entrie...

The custom control works fine, but hard to work with in VS 2003 Design Mode
I developed a custom control. It works fine, does everything I wanted. The problem is when I try to use it in Design mode, the box for the control is very small, with no visual clue on where it is and what it does. I would like to make it so when a developer drags the control to the webpage, it shows something... How do you program this? There must be a way... I just can't figure it out.. probably has to do with attributes... but not sure. We are discussing about non-user controls? (Just making sure). Usually custom controls are attached so called designer (class that extends ControlD...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Application not working after deployed, but working in debug mode
 HelloMy application is working properly in debug mode.But when I deploy on another machine. It does not show textboxes on login page. If I deploy on my own machine then also it works properly.Both machine have same OS, XP professional.Do I need to install entire VS2005 on other machine. While creating web setup project, i've selected prerequisits as,Microsoft Data Access components 2.8.Net framework 2.0Crystal reports for .Net framework 2.0Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Report viewerand selected option as, download prerequisits from same location as my application.Also on new ma...

WebService DW is working but WS Proxy is not working
Hi, I'm trying to use .NET WebServices in PB11.5 and i am using proxy for internet connection. I created DW .NET WebServices but i couldn't execute in powerbuilder design time. but it is working with below source code. int ii_return wsconnection ws_1 ws_1 = create wsconnection ws_1.ProxyServerHostName = "proxyname" ws_1.ProxyServerPort = 80 ws_1.ProxyServerUserName = "username" ws_1.ProxyServerPassword = "password" ws_1.AuthenticationMode = "basic" ws_1.Endpoint = "http://www.webservice.com/webservice1" ws_1....

Powerbuilder 10 and MAPI does not work, works in PB 7
Hi, I have a powerbuilder application that uses MAPI to send e-mails using the customers e-mail client. Customer uses Netscape 4.7 With Powerbuilder 7.0, everything worked fine. Now with PB 10, the mailLogon function always fails. With PB 7 it works with Netscape, Outlook and Outlook Express. With PB 10, it does NOT work with Netscape and Outlook Express. It works with Outlook 2000, but only if I put the real e-mail address in both 'name' and 'address' Problem is: customer definitely uses Netscape. Anyone has any ideas ? Perhaps something to do with PB 10 w...

unescaping working or not working
I have created a very simple webservice, which returns a string like this : <div>hello world</div>. When returning the string, it is encoded like this:  "\u003cdiv\u003eHello world\u003c/div\u003e". I would then like to place the returned string (in the variable called value) on a div in my HTML like this:        $get('myDiv').innerHTML=unescape(value);But the value is not decoded/unescaped. If I then start firebug and enter: unescape( "\u003cdiv\u003eHello world\u003c/div\u003e") it is decoded/unescaped correct. Wh...

Powerbuilder 10 and MAPI does not work, works in PB 7
Hi, I have a powerbuilder application that uses MAPI to send e-mails using the customers e-mail client. Customer uses Netscape 4.7 With Powerbuilder 7.0, everything worked fine. Now with PB 10, the mailLogon function always fails. With PB 7 it works with Netscape, Outlook and Outlook Express. With PB 10, it does NOT work with Netscape and Outlook Express. It works with Outlook 2000, but only if I put the real e-mail address in both 'name' and 'address' Problem is: customer definitely uses Netscape. Anyone has any ideas ? Perhaps something to do with PB 10 w...

Does not work as Safari works
Name: Norihide Kimura Email: nkimuraatwtadotattdotnedotjp Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Does not work as Safari works Comments: Please refer to the URL http://web.mac.com/nori44/. There is PHOTOS(PARTY) which is clicable name on the topline of the page. When you click of it, ther should be appeared the photographs and you will be able to enjoy slidshows on Mac Safari or Firefox Windows version. But it doesn't work on Firefox Mac version. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; ja-JP-mac; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051202 Firefox/3.0 From...

Work offline does not work
Name: Saad Shamsaei Email: saaddotshamsaeiatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Work offline does not work Comments: Hello. i use ff 3.1 beta 2. i usually use work offline. ff3.1b2 was ok. but when i change option->offline storage cashe from 50 to 200 mb my ff got slow and haevy. i delete my offline data. and then browsed the web. but after that my work offline doesnt work! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a...

PXE no work to do... was working
My imaging setup was working friday, and now all of a sudden all I get is "no work to do" I have done a DSREPAIR and still nothing happens... Any ideas? sending PROXY_CMD_PXE_FILE packet proxyGetPXEFilename returned workToDo = 1 proxyGetPXEFilename returned SUCCESS PXE Filename = /cmds/z_auto.cmd pxeProxyInit Success EXIT ZENGetPXEFilename returning (workToDo) 0 EXIT ZENGetPXEFilename returning (filename) /cmds/z_auto.cmd -- joshund On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 15:19:30 GMT, joshund wrote: > Any ideas? any change? could you post the imgserv log when yo...

modify dw sql works but doesn't work
I am building the sql script for a dw by using dw_1.GetSqlSelect() and dw_1.Modify(mod_string). Modify returns an empty string which means it was successful in modifying the dw sql. I also check with GetSqlSelect() and the sql has been modified. However, when I retrieve the dw the Retrieval window pops up asking me to enter arguments from the old dw sql. What gives? Any help is appreciated, Wilson Your original datawindow definition have retrieval arguments. Therefore, it asks you about the retrieval arguments. Maybe you can try to retrieve by supplying the same number of dum...

Javascript popup function working in debug mode and not working on IIS
Hi all,There is a GridView with anchors as for image buttons. They show aspx pages as popup windows. the way this happens is throuh a <div> in the page with visibility: hidden. the aspx pages show in this <div>. Three of the popup functions use the same approach generally and are working fine in debug mode. When I post the site one of them isn't showing the window. Now I am not very good with javascript so I suppose that I am missing something. function ShowPriceForYou(e, item_id, measure_id, qty, postGroup_id){        var pageX = getMouseXPos(e)...

Web resources about - DW design mode working exe not working - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The working class (also lower class , labouring class , proletariat , or laboring class ) are those employed in lower tier, subordinate jobs. ...

Microsoft is working on bridges to get your apps to Windows 10
Microsoft launched Windows 10 this past summer and it has, mostly, had a good reaction from users. After Windows 8 there really was no direction ...

Here’s what Apple’s new secret iPhone lab might be working on
... display technologies for future generation of iPhones, new reports from Asia offer some details on what the iPhone maker might be working on. ...

Paid-Off Conservatives Are Already Working To Scuttle The Climate Change Agreement Can Bernie And Raul ...
The Paris climate talks just wrapped with a historic agreement between 195 nations. But if you thought the unanimity addressing climate change ...

world's first in-game working cell phone
Verizon just pwned all other cell providers with this killer Minecraft integration , creating the first ever in-game working cell phone that ...

Kelly Rowland is working on her first music project in years — here's what to expect
Kelly Rowland exclusively told INSIDER that she's working on her first music video in two and half years. "I haven’t said that to anybody, but ...

How's That Affluenza Decision Working Out For You, Texas?
Any parent who enables their child to the degree that Ethan Couch's parents have gone to is just asking for more problems, and here they are. ...

Target is reportedly working on its own mobile payments, too
Walmart isn't the only major retailer developing its own mobile wallet. Reuters reports that Target is in the early stagings of planning its ...

Solange Vents About the Difficulties of Being a Working Mom, Tells Herself to 'Suck It Up'
The 29-year-old singer took to Instagram to share a look at her hectic schedule, and share her 'gratitude' for her family and supporters.

Apple Working on New Display Ideas in a Secret Taiwan Lab
The lab has at least 50 engineers who are experimenting with new kinds of displays for Apple iPhones and iPads, according to a report.