DSN-less, register-less connection?

I have the DSN-less connection ok with the following:

SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0;" + &
"UID=dba;PWD=sql;DBF=c:\mydir\mydb.db;" + &
"Start=c:\mydir\rteng7.exe -c 8m'"

But as far as I know the 'Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0;' requires a
register setting, or does it?

Can I get around this somehow so I don't need any register settings for a
connection?

0
Doogie

"Doogie" <doogie@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:OWG942%23NDHA.364@forums-2-dub...
> I have the DSN-less connection ok with the following:
>
> SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0;" + &
> "UID=dba;PWD=sql;DBF=c:\mydir\mydb.db;" + &
> "Start=c:\mydir\rteng7.exe -c 8m'"
>
> But as far as I know the 'Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0;' requires a
> register setting, or does it?
>
> Can I get around this somehow so I don't need any register settings for a
> connection?

I don't think so, but it shouldn't really be a concern.
In order to make the connection (DSN or no DSN), you have to have the driver installed, and that install process makes
the required registry entries...

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
VCI   Springfield, MA

Techwave2003 is coming!
http://www.sybase.com/techwave2003
PWB515 - Introduction to Source Code Control with PB9

0
Paul
6/21/2003 4:55:47 PM
No, but you can bypass the entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and only make the
entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER.  The driver won't show up in the ODBC dialog,
but who cares?

Just use RegistrySet() function.

HTH

VictorReinhart
0
VictorReinhart

Web resources about - DSN-less, register-less connection? - sybase.powerbuilder.general