Drag documents to a PB App from a non-PB App?

PB 10.5
This would be like 'dragging' an email from Outlook into PB
(onto a datawindow?).

Something the users would like.

Which is to say, the document itself would be saved to a
specific folder, and that information saved to the database.

Currently they save the email to the desktop, then in PB,
GetFileOpenName() is called to select the document, then the
document is saved to a different folder determined by the
app,
.... and the doc name is listed on a datawindow.

The users would like to just 'drag' the document into the
app.

Any way to do this?

KL
0
KL
12/18/2008 11:13:14 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 17 followers. Follow

4 Replies
919 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

Check out http://www.catsoft.ch/files/pbdragdrop.zip.

Regards
Arthur

<KL> wrote in message news:494ad90a.1e36.1681692777@sybase.com...
> PB 10.5
> This would be like 'dragging' an email from Outlook into PB
> (onto a datawindow?).
>
> Something the users would like.
>
> Which is to say, the document itself would be saved to a
> specific folder, and that information saved to the database.
>
> Currently they save the email to the desktop, then in PB,
> GetFileOpenName() is called to select the document, then the
> document is saved to a different folder determined by the
> app,
> ... and the doc name is listed on a datawindow.
>
> The users would like to just 'drag' the document into the
> app.
>
> Any way to do this?
>
> KL 


0
Arthur
12/19/2008 4:29:04 AM
PB 10.5.2, Build 7662
I would like to just drag/drop to a TAB.  Is there anyway to
do this?  If not I will just 'catch' it at the window level
and put it on the correct TAB.

TIA

KL
> Check out http://www.catsoft.ch/files/pbdragdrop.zip.
>
> Regards
> Arthur
>
> <KL> wrote in message
> > news:494ad90a.1e36.1681692777@sybase.com... PB 10.5
> > This would be like 'dragging' an email from Outlook into
> > PB (onto a datawindow?).
> >
> > Something the users would like.
> >
> > Which is to say, the document itself would be saved to a
> > specific folder, and that information saved to the
> database. >
> > Currently they save the email to the desktop, then in PB
> > , GetFileOpenName() is called to select the document,
> > then the document is saved to a different folder
> > determined by the app,
> > ... and the doc name is listed on a datawindow.
> >
> > The users would like to just 'drag' the document into
> > the app.
> >
> > Any way to do this?
> >
> > KL
>
>
0
KL
12/24/2008 5:07:27 PM
Create the events on the tab page.

Arthur

<KL> wrote in message news:49526c4f.f6e.1681692777@sybase.com...
> PB 10.5.2, Build 7662
> I would like to just drag/drop to a TAB.  Is there anyway to
> do this?  If not I will just 'catch' it at the window level
> and put it on the correct TAB.
>
> TIA
>
> KL
>> Check out http://www.catsoft.ch/files/pbdragdrop.zip.
>>
>> Regards
>> Arthur
>>
>> <KL> wrote in message
>> > news:494ad90a.1e36.1681692777@sybase.com... PB 10.5
>> > This would be like 'dragging' an email from Outlook into
>> > PB (onto a datawindow?).
>> >
>> > Something the users would like.
>> >
>> > Which is to say, the document itself would be saved to a
>> > specific folder, and that information saved to the
>> database. >
>> > Currently they save the email to the desktop, then in PB
>> > , GetFileOpenName() is called to select the document,
>> > then the document is saved to a different folder
>> > determined by the app,
>> > ... and the doc name is listed on a datawindow.
>> >
>> > The users would like to just 'drag' the document into
>> > the app.
>> >
>> > Any way to do this?
>> >
>> > KL
>>
>> 


0
Arthur
12/25/2008 7:10:53 AM
Thanks.
Did not work.  Looks like it only fires at the window level
- I can work with that.
KL
> Create the events on the tab page.
>
> Arthur
>
> <KL> wrote in message
> > news:49526c4f.f6e.1681692777@sybase.com... PB 10.5.2,
> > Build 7662 I would like to just drag/drop to a TAB.  Is
> > there anyway to do this?  If not I will just 'catch' it
> > at the window level and put it on the correct TAB.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > KL
> >> Check out http://www.catsoft.ch/files/pbdragdrop.zip.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Arthur
> >>
> >> <KL> wrote in message
> >> > news:494ad90a.1e36.1681692777@sybase.com... PB 10.5
> >> > This would be like 'dragging' an email from Outlook
> into >> > PB (onto a datawindow?).
> >> >
> >> > Something the users would like.
> >> >
> >> > Which is to say, the document itself would be saved
> to a >> > specific folder, and that information saved to
> the >> database. >
> >> > Currently they save the email to the desktop, then in
> PB >> > , GetFileOpenName() is called to select the
> document, >> > then the document is saved to a different
> folder >> > determined by the app,
> >> > ... and the doc name is listed on a datawindow.
> >> >
> >> > The users would like to just 'drag' the document into
> >> > the app.
> >> >
> >> > Any way to do this?
> >> >
> >> > KL
> >>
> >>
>
>
0
KL
12/29/2008 8:12:21 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

App runs in PB but App crashes outside of PB
I am using PB 6.5 on Windows NT 4.0 SP3. I have a button/script that works fine when I run my app in PB or if debug my app. But if I run app outside of PB and click on the same button it crashes. I have had the problem 5 different times with 5 different buttons/scripts. I would rebuild the entire app once or twice and the problem would go away. But this last time the problem will not go away. I put dialogue boxed in the script to try to find the line where it crashes, but depending on where I put the dialogue box code or the number of dialogue boxes I use, the script crashe...

PB 11 for old PB app
We support a vendor app written in PB, which, is entirely client server. What are the benefits for us in switching to PB11? One of our programmers tried to install PB 11 and he was told he needed to install several .Net components just to do the install, which seems like a lot of work to support an existing PB app. John; PB 11 is .Net based and can build WinForm, WebForm, .Net Assemblies, ..Net Web Service, and Smart Client applications. To do these, it requires the .Net 2.0 runtime framework and the .Net SDK 2.0. However, if you are still compiling a regular PB Native ...

PB DLLs required for a PB app?
In a new job, I'm realizing all the things I took for granted... When deploying a PB application, what Powerbuilder DLLs are required for users to have on their hard drive in addition to the PBDs from our application? Thanks much. It depends on: 1. The version of PB you are using and 2. What functionality you are supporting in the application. It's all explained in the documentation, which you can access online at my.sybase.com. On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:14:45 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Rick Charnes <rick.charnes@thehartford.com> ...

PB GPFs while migrating an app from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8.0.1
Hi, I am trying to migrate an application from PB 5.0.02 to PB 8.0.01. The application runs perfectly under PB 5.0.02. While migrating the app, I get the following message: Pb80 has caused an error in PBVM80.DLL. Then PB crashes. Any suggestions? Moreover, does anyone know of some white paper with some advices on migrating apps? Thx Luca Before migrating, you should run the Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools). Make any suggested changes with PB5 before migrating. Of course, backup, backup, backup. Then, optimize all the PBLs and do a Full Rebuild (Library Pain...

How convert PB 8 app to PB 9?
I have the PBLs for a PB 8 application. But I only have PB 9 on my system. How can I convert it? Backup the pbls. Create a target, add the remaining pbls. PB should handle everything. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4a439fa1$4@forums-3-dub.sybase.com... >I have the PBLs for a PB 8 application. But I only have PB 9 on my system. >How can I co...

Drag and Drop from PB to other app
Hi folks, Happy New Year !!! I'm trying to implement Drag&Drop from a PowerBuilder application to another application written in C++. When the drag is initiated and the mouse pointer is leaving the PowerBuilder application, the NoParking sign is displayed and the C++ app is not invoqued with a drop event. What can I do about it ? Is it some PB or Windows API that can allow a PB application to drop to another app ? Thanks for your help. -- ==================================================== Marc Bessiere - CS Tech Directeur Produits ---------------------...

PB 8 app and Citrix (problems closing down the app)
I have a PB8 app that runs in a WTS Citrix environment. If the user exits the app then attempts to run it again they get an error saying the seamless connection still exists. They have to manually kill the connection and disconnect before re-running the PB app. Any ideas ? Thanks Brian We're still on PB7, but it sounds like the application isn't closing down cleanly. Don't rely on garbage collection to kill objects - if this is pfc, make sure you're destroying gnv_app in the pfc close event. HTH, R. On Tue, 2 Jul 2002 22:21:12 +0100, in powersoft.publ...

Migration from PB 5 to PB 7
We're currently in the process of converting a large PB5 (oracle 8 backend) to Pb7. After building the application executables in PB7, we noticed that application performance is worse under 7 than under 5. I am talking about the amount of time it takes to open up screens. For example, it takes some screens about 10 seconds to open up as opposed to 2-3 seconds under PB5. Has anyone encountered this issue? Any clues would be greatly appreciated. Ray ...

PB application talking to other pb apps or ms Word
Hi, I'm writing an application that may talk to other pb applications an MS Word & Excel. How can two PB applications talk to each other. What about PB application talking to MS Word and vice versa. I would appreciate any opinion. Thanks. Junaid letsconnect@hotmail.com You already posted this question here and already got a responce, look up OLE commands for the word PB interaction, and look up Server Client (distributed) application for the PB to PB interaction. Junaid wrote: > Hi, > I'm writing an application that may talk to other pb applic...

PB window.ocx.... hosting PB app question.
I would like to know if it is possible for a PB application running thru the PB window OCX on a browser to attach to a local database as well as a server database??? In other words can a PB app running this way have part of its data stored on a local database and part on a database on the server??? I would like to know also if anyone has experience presenting a simple PB using the window OCX vs. a situation like hosting a PB app on a server and presenting it using Citrix? Thanks!! OK I see that you connect to local database using the window OCX plug in, this is ideal. The ...

HOW TO MIGRATE PB.PLUGIN APP. to REAL INTERNET APP.
Dear Sirs, I have a problem like this : I have had an application under INTRANET topology, it was developed with Power Builder 8 and using PB PLUGIN method. I want to migrate this apllication to a real Internet Application, with minimal effort as possible. Is this possible, or I have to do it from zero ? Could anybody give me a HINT how to do that ? Thank you very much for your help and assistances.... Regards, Tonny Loekito, Indonesia Check out: www.appeon.net > Dear Sirs, > > I have a problem like this : > I have had an application under INTRANET top...

PB App calling/using Visual Basic App
Is there a way to call a visual basic form to process some data and the results returned to powerbuilder? you have to use COM or DDE and it will probably require some changes to the VB app. I recommend COM if you are in VB4 or higher. "A Chan" <alychan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BTrxeymICHA.378@forums.sybase.com... > Is there a way to call a visual basic form to process some data and the > results returned to powerbuilder? > > ...

PB WebForms app from 11.1 win32 app
Hi, I am converting my win32 pb 11 code to webforms. One thing I notice that is annoying is that on my login form that appears immediately after the app starts up in webforms, I can type in a user id but the OK button on the window almost always requires two clicks to get the clicked event to fire. The first click will generate the AJAX waiting message to appear for a very short time, but nothing happens. Debugging into the clicked event shows that the code is not entered on the first click. The second click always fires the clicked event. The window is a simple response w...

Running PB 7 and PB 8 Apps Simulataneously
Running PB 7 and PB 8 Apps Simulataneously: If someone has been in this situation before I would really appreciate their input. I have two different large PowerBuilder applications. I will be migrating one to PowerBuilder 8 and rolling it out to users. The other application would still be in PowerBuilder 7. These applications are installed in different folders on the desktop with all required executables, pbd's and dll's in their respective folders. All users run Windows 95. My question is: Would there be a conflict with regards to shared runtime PB DLL's such as p...

Web resources about - Drag documents to a PB App from a non-PB App? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Killian documents controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The provider of the documents, Lt. Col. Bill Burkett , claims to have burned the originals after faxing copies to CBS. CBS News producer Mary ...

NBN faces another potential cost blowout, leaked document shows
Repairing and replacing parts of the copper network purchased from Telstra could cost hundreds of millions.

Official disquiet revealed over grant of free land to zoo: Cabinet documents
Cabinet documents released under the 10-year rule show major disagreements between agencies over a land grant to the zoo

Cabinet document reveals Turnbull Government under pressure to change industrial relations laws
The Turnbull Government is being pushed to change Australia's workplace relations system, a document obtained by the ABC reveals.

Alberta physicians group amends physician-assisted dying document
The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta approved a new advice document Friday to help doctors once physician-assisted suicide becomes ...


Price Drop: Doc Scanner + OCR: PDF scanner to scan document, receipt, photo
Doc Scanner + OCR: PDF scanner to scan document, receipt, photo 2.2 Device: iOS Universal Category: Business Price: Free, Version: 2.2 ( iTunes ...

Officials investigate ISIS faking entry documents
Boston Herald Officials investigate ISIS faking entry documents Boston Herald U.S. intelligence officials fear ISIS terrorists are spreading ...

Understanding ISIS: Leaked document reveals nation-building plans
A state-building manual for Islamic State administrators confirms the complexity and breadth of the group's efforts to create a functioning state, ...

Leaked documents trial: Vatican court OKs Pope Francis's no. 2 as defense witness
Leaked documents trial: Vatican court OKs Pope Francis's no.

Resources last updated: 12/15/2015 4:42:13 AM