Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2

Different  behavior of  " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in
Powerbuilder 10.2

  1.. Will PB 10.2 support  encrypt.dll  ?
  2.. My code was working in PB 8  but in PB 10 it is not working I don't
know what is issue
Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password
I give in PB 10 then it is not working.

Is any issue with Unicode ?

code of declaration of external fn.

private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library
'encrypt.dll'

private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_DESTRUCTOR( ulong th ) library
'encrypt.dll'

public function string n_cst_ssisecurity32of_encryptpassword ( ulong
ThisHandle, string as_password ) library 'encrypt.dll' alias for
"n_cst_ssisecurity32of_encryptpassword;Ansi"

Calling script

return n_cst_ssisecurity32of_encryptpassword ( ThisHandle, as_password )

if is matching  password with database "mike_" in Pb 8 but it is not
matching password in PB 10

Please suggest ?

 Yes, I would imagime that your problems now stems from the fact that PB
(and your application) is now Unicode. The String variable you are using is
expecting to be in Unicode format.

"M" <cs99cs1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:44292117@forums-2-dub...
> Different  behavior of  " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in
> Powerbuilder 10.2
>

>   1.. Will PB 10.2 support  encrypt.dll  ?
>   2.. My code was working in PB 8  but in PB 10 it is not working I don't
> know what is issue
> Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same
password
> I give in PB 10 then it is not working.
>

> Is any issue with Unicode ?
>

> code of declaration of external fn.
>

> private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library
> 'encrypt.dll'
>
> private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_DESTRUCTOR( ulong th ) library
> 'encrypt.dll'
>
> public function string n_cst_ssisecurity32of_encryptpassword ( ulong
> ThisHandle, string as_password ) library 'encrypt.dll' alias for
> "n_cst_ssisecurity32of_encryptpassword;Ansi"
>

> Calling script
>

> return n_cst_ssisecurity32of_encryptpassword ( ThisHandle, as_password )
>

> if is matching  password with database "mike_" in Pb 8 but it is not
> matching password in PB 10
>

> Please suggest ?

0
Chris
3/28/2006 1:55:12 PM
So can any one, tell me what whold me solution for this problem  ?

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.dot.com> wrote in message

> Yes, I would imagime that your problems now stems from the fact that PB
> (and your application) is now Unicode. The String variable you are using
> is
> expecting to be in Unicode format.
>

> "M" <cs99cs1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:44292117@forums-2-dub...
>> Different  behavior of  " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in
>> Powerbuilder 10.2
>>

>>   1.. Will PB 10.2 support  encrypt.dll  ?
>>   2.. My code was working in PB 8  but in PB 10 it is not working I don't
>> know what is issue
>> Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same
> password
>> I give in PB 10 then it is not working.
>>

>> Is any issue with Unicode ?
>>

>> code of declaration of external fn.
>>

>> private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library
>> 'encrypt.dll'
>>
>> private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_DESTRUCTOR( ulong th ) library
>> 'encrypt.dll'
>>
>> public function string n_cst_ssisecurity32of_encryptpassword ( ulong
>> ThisHandle, string as_password ) library 'encrypt.dll' alias for
>> "n_cst_ssisecurity32of_encryptpassword;Ansi"
>>

>> Calling script
>>

>> return n_cst_ssisecurity32of_encryptpassword ( ThisHandle, as_password )
>>

>> if is matching  password with database "mike_" in Pb 8 but it is not
>> matching password in PB 10
>>

>> Please suggest ?

PB Experts can help us.....

"M" <cs99cs1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:44292117@forums-2-dub...
> Different  behavior of  " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in
> Powerbuilder 10.2
>

>  1.. Will PB 10.2 support  encrypt.dll  ?
>  2.. My code was working in PB 8  but in PB 10 it is not working I don't
> know what is issue
> Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same
> password
> I give in PB 10 then it is not working.
>

> Is any issue with Unicode ?
>

> code of declaration of external fn.
>

> private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library
> 'encrypt.dll'
>
> private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_DESTRUCTOR( ulong th ) library
> 'encrypt.dll'
>
> public function string n_cst_ssisecurity32of_encryptpassword ( ulong
> ThisHandle, string as_password ) library 'encrypt.dll' alias for
> "n_cst_ssisecurity32of_encryptpassword;Ansi"
>

> Calling script
>

> return n_cst_ssisecurity32of_encryptpassword ( ThisHandle, as_password )
>

> if is matching  password with database "mike_" in Pb 8 but it is not
> matching password in PB 10
>

> Please suggest ?

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

I say "build", PowerBuilder says "nah"
I'm trying to deploy a project for use in Jaguar. I've done it a hundred times... I open the project, change some properties, click the "build" button, and all goes smoothly. Sometimes. Other times everything looks good - it deploys fine, I see a new Cx folder in the Jaguar repository with a new pbd file as usual... but Jaguar can't find it. Jaguar says ERROR: OBJECT_NOT_EXIST in it's log, and that's that. What's also disturbing (but not surprising) is that I can delete that folder and the OS doesn't complain... Jaguar is *not* using the pbd I ...

object "Transport" in PowerBuilder 8
I have a system written in Powerbuilder 6.5, in the system, an object "transport" is used, i.e (i_server_transport = create transport). and i will use the finction Listen(). Now, I have to migrate the system from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0. But after migrated, I found that the object "transport" is obsoleted, and i can't use the function listen(). Can I ask are there any solutions to solve this problem. Thank You Very Much! Sunny Enterprise Application Server (EAS) is now the technology to be used to build distributed powerbuilder appl...

Hash arrays ("associative arrays" / "dictionaries") for PowerBuilder
One thing I miss in PowerBuilder development is something like a hash array. Are there any good* implementations/solutions out for PB? (I use PB9/PB11 for "normal applications" - no JAVA/.NET/Web targets) *good means for me: - no special runtime requirements like additional OLE components or special Windows components (like the .NET framework) - it shouldn't have much overhead Is there a PBNI implementation? Hi JKorth, it should not be that hard to implement using datastore. Have you checked pfc if it contains what you need ? Regards JKorth pisze: >...

"PB.INI" location in PowerBuilder 8
Just installed PB8 on my machine (c:\pb 8\powerbuilder 8.0) and I am having a problem using my pb.ini from PB7. My "Initialization Path:", under System Options is "c:\pb 8\powerbuilder 8.0". I have the pb.ini file from PB7 in that directory, yet I cannot see any of my databases under DB Profile. I can create a new DB Profile in PB8, yet I don't see that database profile in the pb.ini Thanks, Bill. I also recently upgraded. I opened PB7, went to the database painter and right clicked on SYC, then selected export profiles. Then I did the same thing...

Can we call Powerbuilder objects from "C" or "C++" or Java
Hi, We are moving our application to Web. We are using Java and Java beans. Our current application is running on Powerbuilder 6.5. We have very good reports generated in Powerbuilder. We want to call these reports from other middleware and also We want to call powerbuilder objects(business layers written in Userobjects) from C or Java. Please can you suggest me. Can you tell me how can call powerbuilder objects will be usefull in web development. Thanks If you put the NVO's into CORBA components in a Jaguar transaction server, any CORBA complient client can g...

Can we use "J Boss" as a Web Server for "Appeon for PowerBuilder 5".
Can we use "J Boss" as a Web Server for "Appeon for PowerBuilder 5". my PB application is in PB 10.5 > Can we use "J Boss" as a Web Server for "Appeon for > PowerBuilder 5". > > > > my PB application is in PB 10.5 > > JBoss is the J2EE application server. Regarding your customer's question, please notice the below two points: 1 As yet, we have not encountered any user deoply with Appeon architecture and use JBoss as Web Server. For which, many unpredicable problems may occur. Currently, Appeon does ...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Can we use "J Boss" as a Web Server for PowerBuilder 10.5.
Can we use "J Boss" as a Web Server for PowerBuilder 10.5 we development ?? Once the PASP is available. It's in beta now. "M" <cs99cs1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45a3ab75$1@forums-1-dub... > Can we use "J Boss" as a Web Server for PowerBuilder 10.5 we development > ?? > > I thought it's been released. You can buy it now on Sybase's eShop > Once the PASP is available. It's in beta now. > > "M" <cs99cs1@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > news:45a3ab75$1@forums-1-dub.....

Difference between passing "?" versus ":1", ":2", ":3" etc in prepare in Perl DBI !
------=_Part_26521_25854351.1225691891708 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi What's the difference between passing "?" versus ":1", ":2", ":3" etc in prepare in Perl DBI ? For example, what's the difference between following two scenarios :- *Scenario 1* $sth = $dbh->prepare("insert into tablename values (:1, :2, :3)"); $sth->execute($var1,$var2,$var3); *Scenario 2* $sth = $dbh->prepare("insert into tablename values (?, ?, ...

"Initialization file not writable. Can't continue" when startup Powerbuilder 8.
HELP!!! We recently configured a new PC and Powerbuilder 8 is on it. 1 user can't open powerbuilder, but other users can open it. When 1 user tries to open it, "Initialization file not writable. Can't continue" error message shows up and close the application. This user has a full admin right on both machine level and Domain level. Any idea ??? check the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0 registry key. You probably have an InitPath string value pointing to an invalid directory. On 1 Mar 2004 12:07:12 -0800, MK wrote: >HELP!!! >We r...

Web resources about - Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles