Declaring & using Activex control from pb

I'm using an activeX control say printer.dll. Now how can I declare this activeX
control in powerbuilder to use it's functions and methods. I do not want to use
it as a external function but an activex control. So when I create this activex
what should be the syntax and moreover what object type would this be as the
following code does not work

object newobject

newobject = create printer.printer

Any clues.
NGG

You would look in the registry and find the VersionIndependentProgID for the
ActiveX.  Then you would do something like:

newobject = ConnectToNewObject ( "thatprogID" )

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:20:32 -0500,
NGG <GG@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>I'm using an activeX control say printer.dll. Now how can I declare this
activeX
>control in powerbuilder to use it's functions and methods. I do not want to use
>it as a external function but an activex control. So when I create this activex
>what should be the syntax and moreover what object type would this be as the
>following code does not work
>
>object newobject
>
>newobject = create printer.printer
>
>Any clues.
>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                | http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm  | http://www.needhim.org
http://www.jesusfilm.org/view/realvideo/rv/languages/english.ram

Bruce

How to use method activeX control in PB (Newbie using ActiveX)
Hi all, This is the first time I'm using activeX in my application, does anyone can helpme with these problem. How to use method in activeX because I've got example that come with the ocx file only with VB6 and I don't know how to used it with PB7. ------------ Call ActiveX_name.CopyTable(filename As String,Creator As String,SDDI_plugin_name As String, CreateFlag As Integer, VersionMajor As Integer, VersionMinor As Integer) ------------ THX -- ebr ...

I have developed activex control, using it in PB application.. it is giving GPF.. which is working fine in VB.. When i made enabled property = false for that control.. it works fine in PB too!!!
Hello, I have this problem.. can any one help me. What may be the causing error.. Any tips will be helpful. Regards, Samir Please refrain from using the subject line to describe the problem in detail. Subject Line: ---------------- I have developed activex control, using it in PB application.. it is giving GPF.. which is working fine in VB.. When i made enabled property = false for that control.. it works fine in PB too!!! <SamirKhatri> wrote in message news:2EAE243802D2BE050024C40485256CA0.0024C41B85256CA0@webforums... > Hello, > > I have this problem....

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

PB App to Web using ActiveX Control
Hi all, We have a PB 6.5 app that we are running through the PowerBuilder ActiveX Control on a web page. The child windows run correctly but we are having problems with the tab key with Microsoft IE 4.0. The tab key does not work in IE 4.0 but it does work with Netscape 4.0. I cannot tab from field to field with IE. Has anyone ever used the PB ActiveX Control with IE 4.0 and got it to work successfully? Thanks, John Schwaigert Information Control Corporation ...

SP declaration in PB using ASA & ASE
Hi, I am working on an application which has to run on both ASA & ASE. Are there any syntax rules to follows while declaring SP call , so that it works on both ASA & ASE. Thanks, Anil In general, as long as you use T-SQL syntax for your ASA procedures they should be relatively compatible. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX I have the same procedure on ASE & ASA . When i run the Procedure on ASA it gives me the following error. THis is the trace file entry for the error. This is the case with other procedures...

How do I use newer ActiveX controls in PB 6.5???
I'd like to use Microsoft Web Browser OCX component but PB 6.5 does not recognize any of its properties. This is true for several newer components that I have, while older ones work fine. Any suggestions? Thanks, Steve Griffin ...

What control do I use (or do I not use a control at all...)
Okay so here's the story so far. I am making a blog to be incorporated into a website. Well, I'm doing the blog from scratch. I'm using MySQL to source all the data via MySQL .NET/Connector. Now while developing the script, I used DataReader and Response.Write to show the blog topics. Now that it has come to put it under a design (I'm using a Master Page for that), I've hit the problem. Response.Write shows all the topics before any of the design elements could be incorporated. So that (more or less) is out of question. So next I looked into the data presentation controls. I looked up GridVi...

How to use DataPager & ListView controls without a declarative datasource?
I like the new ListView control and I am trying to use the DataPager control to setup paging for it. However, I don't like to use declarative data sources (such as <asp:LinqDataSource>) as I feel it gives me a much less expressive way to manage my data access (I never could understand why anyone would want their data access logic in the presentation tier anyway). How do I use the DataPager on a ListView without a DataSource control, but using the good ol' DataSource + DataBind approach instead? Thanks,Billy/Billy Hi:   You can also use ObjectDataSo...

Critical Problem using Crystal Report ActiveX viewer control in Powerbuilder
I have a window w_report_window in my application with a Crystal Report 11.5 ActiveX Viewer Control(ole_crviewer) placed on it.I have a problem generating the report as mentioned below: I have written the code to connect\generate the report in the open event of w_report_window. The code I have written is i_ole_crx_application = CREATE OLEObject i_ole_crx_connection_info = CREATE OLEObject i_ole_crx_report = CREATE OLEObject i_return=i_ole_crx_application.ConnectToNewObject ('CrystalRuntime.Application.11') i_rpt_filename = G_ReportDirectory+areportfilename i_ole_crx_...

Using PB to source control text, Word & any other type of file
I have been experimenting with using PB to source control non PB files. I create a 'Web Site' target and then import the files. Now I can add them to source control. The problem I have encountered only happens with Excel files. When I try to edit them within PB, it first attempts to open EXCEL.EXE which gives errors and then opens the file. When I try to open Word documents it launches Word as expected. This may be a problem with the way Excel is registered to the .xls extension. If anyone has tried this or can get some details on how PB decides what program to loa...

Bugs and Problems when using ActiveX ole controls in PB 6/7/8
Hello, fellows, I am trying using ActiveX controls in PB6.5, but when I want to get the properties or call the methods of the activex control, I cannot get the correct string when working in Chinese envirnment. The data type of the properties and the methods of the activex control is string. I have no such problem when the string is english. I test this in PB7 and PB8 also, I have the same problem. I know that the ActiveX control is created by VC++ and in VC++, the data type of all these properties and method of the control is "BSTR". Infact, I think, every ActiveX c...

Can I use activex in Jaugar using Powerbuilder
Hi, I am writing a component using Powerbuilder and a third party ActiveX control. Can I do this in a Powerbuilder Jaguar component: oleobject o o = create oleobject o.connecttonewobject("aaa.bbb") .... .... Sure -- you'll need to import the ActiveX DLL into Jaguar (you'll need the ..TLB file -- if you don't have it, use Microsoft's OLEViewer utility to generate one) -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com http://www.exp.com/app/expertProfile?expertID=512231 "Simon..." <simon@...

do anyone know how to run both PB 10 & PB 10.5 with PB Native Source Code Control.
PB 10.5 wipes off the source code control entry in registry. thanks vsv Make sure you have the following registry key set properly: HKLM\Software\SourceCodeControlProvider\Installed SCCProviders The PB Native string value should be set to: Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.5\Native SCC Then go to this key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.5\Native SCC The SccServername key should be: PB Native SCC The SccServerPath key should be: C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\PBNAT105.DLL << or the actual location of this DLL >> 9, 10.2 and 10.5 can all ...

using a .Net Control as activex control in VCL form
Hi , We have a to integrate a simple .Dot CSharp control which needs to be integrated into bcb2010 VCL form as a control. We will place the control on the VCL form along with other VCL controls's. I tried creating a simple .net control using a lable+textbox and trying to use in vcl form. I have made the assembly comvisible and generated tlb files and .bpl for the component. I could see the component in "ActiveX" tool palette. But when I drag the object onto VCL form and try to access its attributes I run into problems. I am not able to see .net control on the vcl at runti...

Web resources about - Declaring & using Activex control from pb - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Greta Van Susteren Takes Down Dem Candidate Mike Dickinson For Declaring 'War' on Fox News - YouTube
A Democratic congressional candidate who has promised "war" on Fox News, the Tea Party, the NRA and "other trash" went On the Record with Greta ...

Yvette Berry sets the bar high on declaring gifts but others not so diligent
Labor's newest minister Yvette Berry is setting the bar high on declaring gifts, filling out the paperwork for gifts worth as little as $10. ...

Man Haron Monis ordered chocolate cake and a cup of tea before declaring, 'I have a bomb', inquest hears ...
At first, he appeared to be just another person wandering through Martin Place on a sunny Monday morning.

Eddie Hayson: How one of Australia’s biggest punters lost a $52 million bet — declaring himself insolvent ...
BROTHEL owner Eddie Hayson is on the brink of bankruptcy after declaring himself insolvent with $52 million in debts.

Is Netflix declaring war on geo-dodgers?
Australians' access to US Netflix could soon be cut off, with streaming giant reportedly blocking use of some bypass tools.

Paris attacks: Declaring 'war' risks handing Islamic State credibility
The language of &quot;war&quot; following the Paris attacks risks granting unintended credibility to Islamic State terrorists, legal scholars ...

Shorten's delay in declaring
OPPOSITION Leader Bill Shorten failed to declare tens of thousands of dollars in political donations he received in the lead-up to the 2007 election ...

Devo enter blue period after cold war, declaring devolution a done deal
Devo enter blue period after cold war, declaring devolution a done deal

Daniel Morcombe murder: Judge stopped short of declaring mistrial twice
During Brett Cowan's five-week trial for the murder of Daniel Morcombe, the case came close to falling over twice.

'Lost Canadians' petition seeks declaring world wars dead as Canadian citizens - CTV News
When tribute is paid on Remembrance Day to the soldiers, sailors and flyers killed in the service of Canada during two world wars, Canadians ...