Decimal point / comma

Hi,

We have been stuggeling for some time with a decimal point issue on our
windows 2000 workstation. On a em (or dw column) we use an editmask of
"#0.00" or "##.00" the em shows 0.00 or .00 during runtime. If we enter
12.15 we get 1215 if we show dec(em.text) in a messagebox.

If we change the country for Dutch/Belgium to English/Us, the program works
correct, but when we change it back, the problem popsup again.

We use powerbuilde 8 build 9100

Andrew Peiman

0
Andrew

May be you can use String() function with format

Messagebox(  "Message",  String(dec(em.text), "#0.00")  )

HTH
Harry

"Andrew Peiman" <andrew.peiman@mauretus.be> ���g��l��s�D
:0an#eNjBCHA.289@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> We have been stuggeling for some time with a decimal point issue on our
> windows 2000 workstation. On a em (or dw column) we use an editmask of
> "#0.00" or "##.00" the em shows 0.00 or .00 during runtime. If we enter
> 12.15 we get 1215 if we show dec(em.text) in a messagebox.
>
> If we change the country for Dutch/Belgium to English/Us, the program
works
> correct, but when we change it back, the problem popsup again.
>
> We use powerbuilde 8 build 9100
>
> Andrew Peiman

0
Harry
5/28/2002 12:33:11 PM
Thank you for your reply, unfortiantly, it did not help, in fact, it
confused us even more when entered 12.15 it returned 1.215.

One more thing I forgot to mention is that whit Dutch/Belgium it should show
a decimal comma instead of a point, but it doesn't.

Anymore ideas???

"Harry" <hylai@bigfoot.com> schreef in bericht
> May be you can use String() function with format
>
> Messagebox(  "Message",  String(dec(em.text), "#0.00")  )
>
> HTH
> Harry
>

> "Andrew Peiman" <andrew.peiman@mauretus.be> ���g��l��s�D
> :0an#eNjBCHA.289@forums.sybase.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have been stuggeling for some time with a decimal point issue on our
> > windows 2000 workstation. On a em (or dw column) we use an editmask of
> > "#0.00" or "##.00" the em shows 0.00 or .00 during runtime. If we enter
> > 12.15 we get 1215 if we show dec(em.text) in a messagebox.
> >
> > If we change the country for Dutch/Belgium to English/Us, the program
> works
> > correct, but when we change it back, the problem popsup again.
> >
> > We use powerbuilde 8 build 9100
> >
> > Andrew Peiman

0
Andrew
5/29/2002 7:54:18 AM
And how about the "localized DDDK" ? You can download from Sybase.

"Andrew Peiman" <andrew.peiman@mauretus.be> ���g��l��s�D
:mcFbsduBCHA.81@forums.sybase.com...
> Thank you for your reply, unfortiantly, it did not help, in fact, it
> confused us even more when entered 12.15 it returned 1.215.
>
> One more thing I forgot to mention is that whit Dutch/Belgium it should
show
> a decimal comma instead of a point, but it doesn't.
>
> Anymore ideas???
>
> "Harry" <hylai@bigfoot.com> schreef in bericht
> > May be you can use String() function with format
> >
> > Messagebox(  "Message",  String(dec(em.text), "#0.00")  )
> >
> > HTH
> > Harry
> >

> > "Andrew Peiman" <andrew.peiman@mauretus.be> ���g��l��s�D
> > :0an#eNjBCHA.289@forums.sybase.com...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We have been stuggeling for some time with a decimal point issue on
our
> > > windows 2000 workstation. On a em (or dw column) we use an editmask of
> > > "#0.00" or "##.00" the em shows 0.00 or .00 during runtime. If we
enter
> > > 12.15 we get 1215 if we show dec(em.text) in a messagebox.
> > >
> > > If we change the country for Dutch/Belgium to English/Us, the program
> > works
> > > correct, but when we change it back, the problem popsup again.
> > >
> > > We use powerbuilde 8 build 9100
> > >
> > > Andrew Peiman

0
Harry
5/29/2002 8:21:03 AM
[posted and mailed]

I have good explanation for your problem.

The problem is, function like Dec or Date use Standard Microsoft Windows
International setting ( maybe some of their API functions).
That means, when you Convert string 4.45
in Dutch International setting ( windows decimal symbol is >>,<<) so that's
why PB shows 445. I suppose, if you change decimal symbol in Internat.
settings in Windows to >>.<< it will be O.K.

Solution is , use your own function for converting decimal to string.

Michal

andrew.peiman@mauretus.be (Andrew Peiman) wrote in
<0an#eNjBCHA.289@forums.sybase.com>:

>Hi,
>
>We have been stuggeling for some time with a decimal point issue on our
>windows 2000 workstation. On a em (or dw column) we use an editmask of
>"#0.00" or "##.00" the em shows 0.00 or .00 during runtime. If we enter
>12.15 we get 1215 if we show dec(em.text) in a messagebox.
>
>If we change the country for Dutch/Belgium to English/Us, the program
>works correct, but when we change it back, the problem popsup again.
>
>We use powerbuilde 8 build 9100
>
>Andrew Peiman

0
michal

How to validate a decimal value with 2 digits after decimal point (de decimal point is a comma)
  I am a newbee, I have a Textbox where de user must write the price of an object. How can I validate de data entry in the Textbox (it must be a valid decimal with 2 digits after decimal point), and my pages are in  Portuguese so the decimal point to be accepted must be a comma   thanks  well you can do something like followig:  suppose TextBox1.Text = 123456,789 then you can say if(TextBox1.Text.Contains(",") ) {     int index1 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(",") +1;     int index2 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(...

how to convert value with decimal point into value with decimal comma
Hello,  I like to know how I can change (for example) the value 55.55 into 55,55. (The system in my country is using comma's instead of points) I'm starting with  a string with the value "55.55" Then I will convert it to a double 55,55 Do I need the the system.Globalization namespace or is there just a simple solution?               Hi,If you are just going to use this format for display then it would be easy to do this:double dTemp;dTemp = 55.55;Response.Write(dTemp.ToString().Replace(".",","));H...

Decimal point and comma
Hi, I have this problem validating a powerbuilder exported XML file versus and XSD using the XMLParseFile function. I get the following error: Error parsing XML document: Datatype error: Type:InvalidDatatypeValueException, Message:Value '1,00' does not match any member types (of the union) . d:\interfaces\stockmove\out\S17.C2P, Line: 17, Position: 24. The tag in question looks as follows: <qtyVal>1,00</qtyVal> The problem seems to be that a numeric field ( which is part of a union in the XSD because I need it to allow empty values, which can&...

Using comma as a decimal point
Hello, I have a client in Europe that uses a comma as a decimal point. So instead of typing 23.6, they would type 23,6. PB 6.5, by default, simply ignores it and accepts it as 236. Would any one know of a simple way to deal with this. Thanks. Sven Hi Sven, When do you have this problem. With editmask control or with datawindow editmask editstyle entryfields? I've tested it with editmasks, using '##,###.00" as format and I was allow to enter 12.234,56 in the editmask. My decimal point is also a comma, specified in the regional setting in the control panel. Howev...

Change decimal point to comma
Hi, Is there any easy way to change decimal points to commas in a stored procedure? I am writing data to a file using xp_cmdshell and the file needs to have commas instead of points. Thanks. Christina here is some sample code to replace decimal points with a comma declare @a varchar(20) select @a='abc.de.f' select @a while (patindex ('.,%', @a) !=0) begin select @a = stuff ( @a,patindex ('%.%', @a),1,',') end select @a <Christina_B> wrote in message news:E5881504E3DFADD8004A74E985256B84.004A751085256B84@webforums... &g...

Windows 2000 Powerbuilder Decimal Point
The datawindow is an external datawindow. It is not linked to a database. Grtz Glenn ...

How can I get decimal seperator ? It is comma or point
How can I get decimal seperator ? It is comma or point. How can I get which sign is used as decimal seperator by system in c#?   Thanks here is one solution to this problem that I found:http://www.devwebpro.com/devwebpro-39-20070119ASPNETChooseaStandardNumberFormat.html Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. use the globalization namespace, get the current culture of the application, then get the numberformat info, then NumberDecimalSeparator ...

Decimal point and comma in DW XML Import
Hello, this seems like a bug. Datawindow XML Import in PB 10.5 5048: Fieldtype=number Windows-Locale=German Imported decimal/double values seem to ignore the decimal point 1.82 becomes 182 If I mess with the XML file to read 1,82 it works but invalidates the XML. If I set the type to (decimal,5) it also works correctly. This is my workaround at the moment. Exporting to XML via SaveAs seems to work fine with all fieldtypes. Any idea what I can do to fix this? This is REALLY bad. I cannot import XML Data unless I set my system locale to English. Regards, Claud...

String.Format comma for thousands and two decimal points only
I am trying to come up with the String.Format expression to format a number that will have a comma to separate the thousands and a period for the decimals ( I want to show only two decimals ) Will this work for you? String.Format("{0:N2}", MyNumber)Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET...

PB7 / ms sql server problem with decimal point is comma
Dear all, We use PB7 and ms sql server 6.0. In our Windows 95 configuration is the decimal point a comma. For all datawindow fields of type 'float',all figures after the decimal point are cutted off. For fields of type 'real ' the reaction is correct. In the version pb6.5 everything was there no problem. Am I doing somehting wrong, or is there a workaround. Thanks for help Erwin ErWin, In Windows 95 you should set the decimal format TWICE: The Windows Settings Regional settings (Dutch: Landeninstellingen) for: 1: the local-configuration, when ...

Converting string to number but there's a comma as decimal point
I have a small problem in my XSL file when converting string to a number. This is how it’s being done: <xsl:value-of select="number(stringValue)”> Where, for example, stringValue can be "0.5" in US region or "0,5" in some European regions. While the conversion from "0.5" works great, a conversion from "0,5" results in failure and a NaN result. Does anybody know of a way of handling number conversion in XSL in a universal way that is independent from regional settings and would work for both "0.5" and "0,5"? the meaning of a decimal and comma are dependent on the...

Is it possible to use comma "," instead of point "." for decimal seperator?
Hi, Is it possible to use comma "," instead of point "." for decimal places? for example: double d = 1,2 + 1,7;   (instead of double d = 1.2 + 1.7;)  What must i do to use comma as decimal seperator? Thanks.   you can infact use the string.replace method to replace the required string you need.CheersBinowww.codepal.co.inPlease Mark as Answer if you find the post useful. you can use the string.replace method to replace the '.' for ','CheersBinowww.codepal.co.inPlease Mark as Answer if you find the post useful. infact you can...

Need to format float with no decimals or decimal point.
Is there a format for float that displays only the integer portion?  Or at the least, integer portion and decimal point but no digits to right? Eval("L_DistCalc", "{0:f}") Thank you, What about this: Eval("L_DistCalc", "{0:f0}")Limno Wow - thanks.  Is there a good reference book that has all the format forms, control structures and properties.  Everything I have has a the essentials but nothing in depth.  I know this kind of thing is simple but is sure is a lot to try and remember. Thank you,  You can sear...

XSD file Decimal column displays 4 point after decimal
Hi to all,              I have a xsd file with one table adapter, it has 4 column id int name string class string amount decimal i drag and drop the columns into rdlc file but, the report displays 4 digit after decimal point but i want to display it as two decimal point. How to do this experts please help me. But i checked in my query from sql it is displays as it is in the table(there some data have four digit after decimal some data have two digit after decimal) but when get it into DataSet object all data are converted i...

Web resources about - Decimal point / comma - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Penny (Irish pre-decimal coin) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The penny (1d) ( Irish : pingin ) coin was the third smallest denomination of the pre-decimal Irish pound , worth 1/240 of a pound or 1/12 of ...

Dewey Decimal Classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This highly organized system categorizes books on library shelves in an efficient, specific and repeatable order that makes it easy to find any ...

Decimal Rounding on the App Store on iTunes
Get Decimal Rounding on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Dewey Decimal Tattoo - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Children's librarians represent.

Math of the Day: Sesame Street’s The Count Reads Pi to 10,000 Decimal Places
... has created a true monster out of your favorite Sesame Street vampire, with audio of The Count reading every digit of Pi out 10,000 decimal ...

Paul Harapin heads Decimal Software after VCE ousting
Former VCE Asia-Pacific boss, Paul Harapin, has taken over as CEO of Decimal Software.

Feeling green: the dangers of decimal currency
The curious case of possibly toxic coins, via Austria and a devastatingly original idea for Canberra.

Jobless Rates With Another Decimal
The BLS reported a jobless rate of 8.3% for both January and February. Adding an extra decimal, the unemployment rates would actually be 8.26% ...

JPMorgan Sued by Trader Over $3 Million Decimal Point
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is being sued by a trader who says he accepted a contract from the investment bank because a typographical error made him ...

.Decimal Archive - Houston Gamer
It was only back in August when newly-formed Houston game studio Orb Interactive launched a Kickstarter campaign for “.Decimal”, a sci-fi take ...