Debugger leaves my app running on exit

As the title states, upon exit of the PB 6.5 debugger, my app continues to
run.

Why is this and can I turn this behavior off?  Is it a bug  or an unwanted
feature?

TIA ,

Bill Pfeiffer

0
Bill

I've seen this from time to time as well. I think it is a bug because
it is often followed by a GPF.

Regards,
Dave Fish [Team Powersoft]
On Sat, 7 Nov 1998 14:28:30 -0600, "Bill Pfeiffer" <pfeiffer@gte.net>
wrote:

>As the title states, upon exit of the PB 6.5 debugger, my app continues to
>run.
>
>Why is this and can I turn this behavior off?  Is it a bug  or an unwanted
>feature?
>
>TIA ,
>
>Bill Pfeiffer

0
dfish

We recently migrated a PB6.5 application to PB 9 (Ver 9.0.1 Build 6533) and when we run the app in interactive mode, it runs fine but upon exiting the app
We recently migrated a PB6.5 application to PB 9 (Ver 9.0.1 Build 6533) and when we run the app in interactive mode, it runs fine but upon exiting the app - it always generates the following message: PB90.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. If we run the app through the debugger, there is never any such error upon closing out of the application. I can never find any error log file that gets created. We are running the PB code on a Novell network against an Oracle 8 database. Any s...

Powerbuilder App pbds... Run on a Mac
I'm totally lost and need some strong advice. I have a Powerbuilder Application compiled into Windows pbds with Sql Anywhere database. It works perfectly installed on each Windows XP workstation and the database engine on Windows 2003 server. The client office is breaking up and they are going to be using Macs in the new office. Any ideas on how how to set them up to continue to use this application? Thanks, Douglas PowerBuilder is Windows only... That being said, try running inside a Windows emulator on the Mac. http://www.macwindows.com/emulator.html#WinonMa...

closing a running app from pocket powerbuilder.
Is there any windows CE API call or any other function that would return all the running pocketpc applications? What api call or pocket pc function should i use to close a running application from another application Thanks Nirankar Mehta ...

One PowerBuilder app triggering an event on another PowerBuilder app's Frame
Running 2 concurrent PowerBuilder apps (both MDI). Is there a way to trigger a user event on the frame of one of the apps from the other? I can get a handle to the frame window, and I am guessing that a Send() of some kind would do the trick, but I don't know which parameters to use or where the parameters for the Send() are documented. Thanks for the help. I recently had the same situation. You can use send or post to send a message to a window in another application. First you need the handle of the window you are sending the message to. Since it is in another applica...

Running Running Running
Name: John Harris Email: jkharrisatmindspringdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Running Running Running Comments: Why, does Firefox, even when mimimized, still takes up to 20, 30, 40% (or more) of my CPU on my Windows XP Pro computer. It seems to just happily chew up cycles. How do I get it to do nothing while minimized. Especially a problem with virtual machines. Thanks, John Harris Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers...

Using a running PowerBuilder App as an OLE Server
Does anyone know how to use a running PowerBuilder App as an OLE Server? Yes, what are you trying to do? -- Thanks Dean Jones, CPD Professional PowerTeam, Inc. www.powerobjects.com dean@outtech.com Josh Manfred <jmanfred@nomad> wrote in article <jeNPU#vH9GA.137@forums.powersoft.com>... > Does anyone know how to use a running PowerBuilder App as an OLE Server? > > > ...

Syntax error near... only when running app., not in Powerbuilder???
I am receiving a DataWindow error message: "Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000" [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adapter Server Anywhere]Syntax error near 'numeric' on line 1 The error does not occur while running within PowerBuilder, only when executing the installed application. Using PowerBuilder 9.0.3, build 8716, and SQL Anywhere 9.0.2, build 3370. The DataWindow contains a simple DataObject: d_part_import_control, which references all fields of a single table. ll_sequence = dw_import_fields.settransobject(gc_trans.of_get_current_trans()) ll_rtn = dw_imp...

Stack Overflow when running D2006 app under debugger
This has just started happening. I have some code in the initialisation part of a unit which goes like this: function GetPrintersCount : integer ; { wrapper function to isolate sometimes-exception when getting the count of installed printers. } begin try Result := Printer.Printers.Count ; <----------------------------- blows up here except on E:Exception do begin RecordLastException ('GetPrintersCount', (E.Message)) ; // do not localize Result := 0 ; end ; end ; ...

Running PowerBuilder 7.x app under Windows ME
Anybody know what the official status is with PowerBuilder 7.0.x projects running under Windows Me??? The IS department here just updated some of our users machines to Window Me, and I can't find anything about Sybase's official position for running a PowerBuilder application on a Windows Me machine. TIA for any information on this. Jeff Gibson Intercept Solutions Nashville, TN AFAIK This is not a supported platform. According to the Installation Guide, NT 4 or higher or Win 95 or Win98 are the required platforms. If you have a problem specific to WinME, you will ...

Web Portal Running Legacy PowerBuilder Apps?
My company is considering creating a web portal in .NET to launch all company applications and have control over them, having them run inside the web portal. Is there a way to have our legacy PowerBuilder apps run inside this web page without redesigning the applications? My thought was that if we could get a COM wrapper around the PB apps, then it might be possible. But I am only aware of being able to create individual COM objects inside a PBL. Any ideas on whether this goal is possible and how to accomplish it? Thanks, Scott Possibly using Appeon? http://www.sybase.com/p...

Powerbuilder 11.5
Hi, I just upgraded to PB 11.5 from 9. The builder is acting very funny. When I run the app from the builder, it works fine the first time. Second time I run it, the App doesn't work properly (something to do with the databse interface I'm suspecting). I exit the app and I get the message "Do you want to report this error to Microsoft" and then the builder fails and I exit back to windows... Anyone else have a similiar problem? Thanks, Dave <Dave> wrote in message news:4bd9cc87.1952.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, I just upgraded to PB 11.5 from 9. T...

Error after running VB 5 DLL from PowerBuilder app
Hello all, We have a PB app (5.04) which calls a Visual Basic 5 DLL. Things work fine until we return to the PowerBuilder portion of the app from the VB DLL. As the users continues through the app, we get the following error message: "Error Opening DLL Library xxxxxxx.DLL for external function" Where xxxxxxx is filled with the name of a PowerBuilder or C++ DLL the app uses. Any ideas on this problem would be greatly appreciated. TIA ... . I responded to this in another section. Please do not cross-post. On Mon, 21 Dec 1998 14:39:02 -0500, in powersoft.public...

Error after running VB 5 DLL from PowerBuilder app
Hello all, We have a PB app (5.04) which calls a Visual Basic 5 DLL. Things work fine until we return to the PowerBuilder portion of the app from the VB DLL. As the users continues through the app, we get the following error message: "Error Opening DLL Library xxxxxxx.DLL for external function" Where xxxxxxx is filled with the name of a PowerBuilder or C++ DLL the app uses. Any ideas on this problem would be greatly appreciated. TIA ... . If you are placing the PB or C++ DLL in the application's working directory, it is possible that the VB5 DLL is changing t...

Run Visual Basic app from PowerBuilder OR Vice Versa.
Hi, Can we run the Visual Basic applications from PowerBuilder or Vice versa. As client wants to develope new applications in Visual Basic.We want the users be able to access both applications . So if there is a way for doing it please help me out. Thanks Kiran Kola kiran_kola@hotmail.com Consider using the Run() PowerScript function, or the CreateProcess or the ShellExecute Win32 API functions. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] kiran kola <kiran_kola@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:37b1ce6a.19306801@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > ...

Web resources about - Debugger leaves my app running on exit - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Debugger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. A debugger ...

Debugger - Facebook-Entwickler
Facebook-Entwickler Search Facebook Developers Dokumente Werkzeuge Hilfe Neuigkeiten Anwendungen Anmelden Debugger Startseite › Werkzeuge Input ...

Script Debugger 5.0
Major update to one of my favorite apps of all time. If you dick around with AppleScript, you should have Script Debugger.

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
When you're working in Linux, manually debugging memory-related errors can be difficult and time consuming. These five tools can help.

Android Studio 1.2 Reaches Beta, Adds Built-In Decompiler, Inline Debugger Variables, Smarter Formatting ...
When Android Studio v1.1 entered the Stable channel, about 6 weeks ago, the Dev Tools team gave word that v1.2 was already well underway and ...

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
As a programmer, I'm aware that I tend to make mistakes and why not? Even programmers are human. Some errors are detected during code compilation, ...

Meet the DeBuggers An attitude adjustment regarding the "Fix" at Healthcare.gov
Let me start off by saying that Healthcare.gov is now working well in most areas of the US. Folks are accessing the site all day, every day, ...

13 Linux Debuggers for C++ Reviewed
Most time in debuggers is spent doing the same few things: setting breakpoints, stepping through code, looking at variables. Which products make ...

Bed bugs: A new debugger
FEW things destroy the reputation of a high-class hotel faster than bed bugs. These vampiric arthropods, which almost disappeared from human ...

Firefox 15 Coming With Souped-Up Debugger
Firefox 15 has hit the Mozilla pre-beta Aurora channel and it features a redesigned, built-in debugger. - Mozilla has released Firefox 15 to ...