Date / Time Field - Capturing Time part...

PB 7.0.3
I have an application that records patient encounters, treatments and
referrals for an Emergency Department within a hospital.  Each encounter
records time to nurse and time to physician - these fields are of datetime
format.  This application is for statistical purposes only and therefore is
not real time (unit clerks key in the necessary data throughout the day).

Here is a senerio...
Patient A enters the ED and the date / time of encounter is recorded.
The date and time that the triage nurse first assesses the patient is
recorded (time to nurse)
The date and time that the treating physician first interviews the patient
is recorded (time to physician)
and so on....

Now, here is my question...
I know the date / time of the encounter - which is imported from their
current ADT system on patient admission.
When this record gets to the unit clerk, all that they need to do is enter
the date and time for nurse and physician treatment.  These fields are
date/time and have an edit mask yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm.  The clerks have asked me
if it would be possible for them to just enter the hh:mm of this field and
then the 'program' would put in the appropriate date information.  I cannot
simple make this a time field since the date may not be the current day or
even the next day, an encounter could potentially span 3 days.  I was
wondering which event would allow me to capture the partial entry of the
time in the date/time field and append the appropriate date.  If a partial
date/time field is filled in for the Date - the time is assumed to be 00:00
and the changes are accepted; unfortunately, if only the time is filled in
the field, the field is set to null and I can not capture the time entered
(ie, the changes are not accepted).  I can not find the event where I could
capture this failure and snafu the time data, so I can append the
appropriate date part to the value.

I was wondering which event would allow me to capture the partial entry of
the time in the date/time field and append the appropriate date.
TIA
--
Jeff Hersey

0
Jeff

I figured it out...
One field for time, one field for date and one field for both...
In the item changed event post another event (ue_postitemchanged) and
capture values accordingly in the itemchanged and post itemchanged and write
them back to the date/time field...

"Jeff Hersey" <jhersey@allnorth.com> wrote in message
> PB 7.0.3
> I have an application that records patient encounters, treatments and
> referrals for an Emergency Department within a hospital.  Each encounter
> records time to nurse and time to physician - these fields are of datetime
> format.  This application is for statistical purposes only and therefore
is
> not real time (unit clerks key in the necessary data throughout the day).
>
> Here is a senerio...
> Patient A enters the ED and the date / time of encounter is recorded.
> The date and time that the triage nurse first assesses the patient is
> recorded (time to nurse)
> The date and time that the treating physician first interviews the patient
> is recorded (time to physician)
> and so on....
>
> Now, here is my question...
> I know the date / time of the encounter - which is imported from their
> current ADT system on patient admission.
> When this record gets to the unit clerk, all that they need to do is enter
> the date and time for nurse and physician treatment.  These fields are
> date/time and have an edit mask yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm.  The clerks have asked
me
> if it would be possible for them to just enter the hh:mm of this field and
> then the 'program' would put in the appropriate date information.  I
cannot
> simple make this a time field since the date may not be the current day or
> even the next day, an encounter could potentially span 3 days.  I was
> wondering which event would allow me to capture the partial entry of the
> time in the date/time field and append the appropriate date.  If a partial
> date/time field is filled in for the Date - the time is assumed to be
00:00
> and the changes are accepted; unfortunately, if only the time is filled in
> the field, the field is set to null and I can not capture the time entered
> (ie, the changes are not accepted).  I can not find the event where I
could
> capture this failure and snafu the time data, so I can append the
> appropriate date part to the value.
>
> I was wondering which event would allow me to capture the partial entry of
> the time in the date/time field and append the appropriate date.
> TIA
> --
> Jeff Hersey

0
Jeff

remove time part from a date/time field value
How does one remove or avoid the time part from a date/time field value. For example store 12/12/2006 instead of 12/12/2006 12:00:00 Am --------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- You can use one of the appropriate Standard DateTime Format Strings such as d or D.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! You should be able to use DateTime dt = DateTime.Now dt.ToString("d")  //this will format as short date time FYI: If you want to do it at the query ...

GridView
Hello,I have a column on a GridView that is formatted to only display the time part of a date time field. However, whenever I edit the cell value the Date part of the field is changed to today's date. The way I've got round this is to implement the CellValueChanged event. Is there a better way of doing this? Code is below. private void dgTimeSlots_CellValueChanged(object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e) { int col = e.ColumnIndex; int row = e.RowIndex; if (col >= 0 && row >= 0) { // the correct date ...

just Time or date portion of a date/time field

date/time or date and time
I am setting up an SQL database and I will need to get differences in dates. For example I have a start date, start time, completion date and completion time and I want to get the difference between the start and completion. Would it be better to have one field with both date and time in it, or better to have a date field and a time field? Even though I have already started setting up the tables with seperate fields for date and time I am now leaning toward one field with date/time in it. (Only because that is the way I had to do it when setting up an Excel spreadsheet for a similar ta...

just Time or date portion of date/time field: SOMEBODY PLS
Good Day, From a DateTime data column how do I get just a Time portin or just a date portion of data to be displayed. i.e from 11/6/2003 10:03:20 AM I need to display date and time seperately in my data display page. Thanks Regards, When you pull in a SQL datetime column value into your .NET code, it is usually cast to a .NET DateTime type... something like this: System.DateTime TheDateAndTime = (System.DateTime)someDataReader["MySQLDateColumn"] Then you can use a variety of .NET methods included in the DateTime class to convert to a strin...

Date entered...add time value to make date/time field
Windows XP Professional InfoMaker v 9.0.2 Build 7509 Our database contains a date/time stamp for when a specific activity happens to each shipment. I would like the users to be able to simply enter a date for a specific work day. I need to get a list of shipments where the time of one activity occurred on the entered date prior to 9:20. How can I create a computed field that will basically concatenate/amend the entered date with 9:20 that will later be used for criteria in returning rows? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Rita Palazzi Senior Engineer /...

hide time in date/time field
hi. i have code : objConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=c:\database\tfasim.mdb;")   if rblLTorGT.SelectedValue = "Id" then      strSQLQuery = "SELECT Date_T as  [date] ,name FROM table " & _     ORDER BY " & ddlSortBy.SelectedItem.Value.ToString() & ddlSortOrder.SelectedItem.Value.ToString()   objCommand = New OleDbCommand(strSQLQuery, objConnection)   objConnection.Open()    objData...

Update Only the Time in a date time field
Hi,i have a table having a datatime field and on a datagrid I need only to display and update the time part. I'm using select CONVERT(CHAR(8), JobStartTime, 8) AS StartTime from table to get the date. What is  the best way to write the update command . What woul dbe the best approch.   Regards, Vijay  1. Instate of doing formatting in the SQL, Try to do that is the DataGrid with FormatString. 2. To Update the Database , you can do that in two ways.    a. Either go for Store Procudure. Send the TIME you want to set for record. Your SP should some ...

Date Time field return just time
 Hi, I have a data/time field in access which is queried using a datasource linked to a check box list, the field contains only hh:mm but is returning dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm, does anyone know how to just return hh:mm? Thanks  Hi, It will return complete date and timestamp so if you want the same to be displayed in hh:mm format then while qerying you will need to format the feild if you want it in hh:mm.  ThanksAshishhttp://itsmeashish.blogspot.com...

java date time and utc date time
hi i have a client written in delphi the backend is written in java (webservice) when fetching a date field from the db, through java to delphi (TXSDateTime class), for some reason the date changes. in the db: 30/07/2009 00:00:00 in delphi: xsdatetime.asdatetime = 29/07/2009 23:00:00 (1 hour before) in delphi xsdatetime.asutcdatetime = 29/07/2009 21:00:00 (3 hours before) i guess it's a matter of timezones but all we want is simply to fetch the same date as it appears in the DB what are we missing? thanks amos szust wrote: > hi > > i have a client written in d...

DATE field to DATE/TIME
Hello, If the field is defined as a DATE and you do: select datefield+1 from mytable Does the ODBC API (actually ASA 9.02 backend) return a field that is DATETIME or a DATE field? It is messing up my compiled application and seems to be coming back as DATETIME. Thank you. -Robert You are correct, the value is being returned as a TIMESTAMP. You can verify this through using the EXPRTYPE() builtin function, as in select exprtype('select datefield+1 from mytable', 1) from dummy which will return TIMESTAMP. Exprtype is documented in the help. You alm...

times out all the time!!!
Name: Optical Excellence Email: specsatopticalexcellencedotca Product: Thunderbird Summary: times out all the time!!! Comments: I can not access either the web email site downloaded mail nor the Thunderbird email downloaded email because I get a time out all the time!! Not a way to run an email site, especially as this is for our business! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

time-time
Hi There, Delphi 2010 with PostGresSQL 9.3 database. I did try := Time(), the way it worked with Paradox and many more I tried. E2250 no overload version of "TimeToStr" that can be called with this argument. Can somebody guide me here, thanks in advance. {delphi code} dm.tArrivedwaiting.value := timetostr() - dm.tArrivedtime.value ; {code} Fields are StringFields or time with time zone(tried without??) ////// CREATE TABLE "ARRIVED" ( dummy serial NOT NULL, userno smallint, "time" time with time zone, patientno integer, ...

MOVED: time between to given times (was: time between to given times)
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:21:06 -0800, Mike Thomas wrote: Moved to delphi.language.delphi.general https://forums.codegear.com/thread.jspa?threadID=11972 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com ...

Omit time component of custom date/time field from bug lists
Greetings, I have searched the group, looked at the docs, and even browsed the source = code. Surely others have asked this and I apologize if I just haven't seen = that--I just can't imagine I'm the first one. Anyway, we need some custom dates in Bugzilla 3.6. No problem--there is a "= date/time" field format for custom fields. This works great. The problem is= that we absolutely do not care about TIMES. We only care about dates. We c= an live with the superfluous "time" string that gets appended to the date o= nce it has been saved, in the bug edi...

Web resources about - Date / Time Field - Capturing Time part... - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Capturing the Friedmans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jarecki initially was going to make a film about children's birthday party entertainers in New York, including the popular clown David Friedman. ...

Newscasts on Facebook Are Capturing Attention
With Facebook becoming more and more of a source of news , manager of strategic partnerships for broadcast Beth Loyd examined the newscasts being ...

Capturing Growth: Photo Apps and Open Graph
People upload an average of more than 300 million images to Facebook every day, making photos a core part of the Facebook experience. Developers ...

App Store - Mammoth Web2Pic: Webpage Full Size Capturing
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Mammoth Web2Pic: Webpage Full Size Capturing on the App Store. Download ...

Billybee57 (Capturing Light)'s favorite photos and videos - Flickr
Explore Billybee57 (Capturing Light)'s favorites on Flickr. Billybee57 (Capturing Light) has 72 favorites.

Camera Extras for Nokia Lumia More Options for Capturing Great Pictures - YouTube
Camera Extras for Nokia Lumia More Options for Capturing Great Pictures - YouTube

The camera is capturing the modern narrative
When a couple left the theatre two nights ago after seeing the wordless new documentary extravaganza, Samsara, they marvelled at the opening ...

Prize puts focus on capturing the emotion
Sally Pryor looks at how the National Photographic Portrait Prize is shaping Australian photography.

Capturing Kurt Cobain
Melbourne-based Stephen Sweet, who photographed Nirvana for the now defunct British magazine Melody Maker and is presenting a Cobain retrospective ...

A year capturing the trauma and love felt by the families
I started photographing families from migrant communities in western Sydney with Alzheimer's disease because I didn't see a lot of representation ...