DataWindows and datawindow objects

Difference between Datawindow and datawindowobjects?
0
Santhoshi
10/14/2003 12:39:39 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 14 followers. Follow

- datawindow is a control on a userobject or a window
- datawindowobject (DWObject) is a control within a datawindow, defined in
the dataobject of the datawindow.
You refer to it as <datawindow-instance>.Object.<datawindow object>

HTH,

Ben (bede)

<Santhoshi> wrote in message news:3f8bee8b.4631.846930886@sybase.com...
> Difference between Datawindow and datawindowobjects?

0
bede
10/14/2003 12:45:57 PM
Not exactly;

    DW Control is a "container" that reserves real-estate on the surface of
a visual object.
    DW Object is a "Custom" object that manages the inside space of a DW
Control.

regards ... Chris

"bede" <bede@nospam.sofico.be> wrote in message
> - datawindow is a control on a userobject or a window
> - datawindowobject (DWObject) is a control within a datawindow, defined in
> the dataobject of the datawindow.
> You refer to it as <datawindow-instance>.Object.<datawindow object>
>
> HTH,
>
> Ben (bede)
>
> <Santhoshi> wrote in message news:3f8bee8b.4631.846930886@sybase.com...
> > Difference between Datawindow and datawindowobjects?

0
Chris
10/14/2003 12:52:33 PM
you and your real-estate ;-)

"Chris Pollach" <PollachC@SCC-CSC.gc.ca> wrote in message
> Not exactly;
>
>     DW Control is a "container" that reserves real-estate on the surface
of
> a visual object.
>     DW Object is a "Custom" object that manages the inside space of a DW
> Control.
>
> regards ... Chris
>
> "bede" <bede@nospam.sofico.be> wrote in message
> > - datawindow is a control on a userobject or a window
> > - datawindowobject (DWObject) is a control within a datawindow, defined
in
> > the dataobject of the datawindow.
> > You refer to it as <datawindow-instance>.Object.<datawindow object>
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Ben (bede)
> >
> > <Santhoshi> wrote in message news:3f8bee8b.4631.846930886@sybase.com...
> > > Difference between Datawindow and datawindowobjects?

0
bede

datawindow.object.datawindow.objects ?
Hi? I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? string ls_objects ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) I hope to get a list of the controls in the datawindow objects. TIA ..Describe("DataWindow.Objects") On 5 Jan 2006 23:30:30 -0800, "Robert" <jooong@empal.com> wrote: >Hi? > >I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? > >string ls_objects >ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) > >I hope to get a list of the controls in the dataw...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net
Hi, Can someone please list the various methods we can use to convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net object ? Thanks, Sanjay I'm lost. There's no conversion necessary. PB and DW.Net use the same datawindow objects. On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net >object ? > >Thanks, > >Sanjay Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we can modify the datawin...

Help!!! Assign Datawindow into Datawindow object
Usually I used to assign a datawindow (dw_train) in a datawindow object (dw_1) in a window is go to propertise of datawindow object and browse for datawindow. My Question:- How to this action into pb script? If you want to assign datawindow 'd_my_dw' to a dw control dw_1 in your script, you would say dw_1.DataObject = 'd_my_dw' If you are going to make an executable, do not forget to include d_my_dw in your resource file. On Fri, 04 Dec 1998 07:34:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript CKS21 <cks21@tm.net.my> wrote: >Usually I used to...

Binding DataWindow object to DataWindow control
When we create a datawindow object we can bind it to datawindow control which actually i dont know to do, so i have dragged and dropped the objects onto a window then the source code generated is something like this dw_window is my window dw_1 is datawindow object on the window forward global type dw_window from window end type type st_1 from statictext within dw_window end type type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window end type end forward What this line of code specify? type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window Is it that by dragging and dropping it automatically cr...

Describe("DataWindow.Objects") Functionality for Report DataWindow object Doesn't Work
Hello there. I want to change the nested report object(s) attributes. I had used Describe() function to get objects -("DataWindow.Objects"). After removing the tab spaces I was able to get the object name within that DW. By checking the Attributes -(ls_obj + ".Attributes") I came to know by finding "nested_argument" that the current object is (nested) report. Now if I assigned this object to the DDDWChild/Any variable it gives error either at compilation or at run time. If I created a datastore locally & assigned the dataobject of the current ...

external datawindows, ole objects and a composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Error in putting datawindow object in datawindow control
When I choose dataobject from the Datawindow Control's Property Tab and save, Powerbuilder always crashes. If I restart PowerBuilder, the dataobject is already saved. Could anybody help me??? Same thing happend to me in previous version of 902 7509 <Rachel> wrote in message news:418669eb.61f4.1681692777@sybase.com... > When I choose dataobject from the Datawindow Control's > Property Tab and save, Powerbuilder always crashes. If I > restart PowerBuilder, the dataobject is already saved. > Could anybody help me??? ...

DataWindow ColType is wrong in DataWindow Object, how do I change it?
Problem: rows = dw_1.Retrieve() crashes (returns -1) I know why it's doing it but I can't fix it. Here is what I have found. Initially I created a DataWindow Object called d_geninfo which saves data to the GENINFO table. Then, some months later, I changed the HOMEOWNER column in the GENINFO table from Char(1) to Char(16) and I created a second DataWindow Object d_geninfo_preferred that accesses the same GENINFO table. If I save data using d_geninfo_preferred that is more than 1 character long and I later retrieve it into d_geninfo it crashes. Now the goofy part. I...

Datawindows with child datawindows

datawindow

Web resources about - DataWindows and datawindow objects - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo