datawindow.retrieve()

Hi,
  is there any possibility to find out, why datawindow.retrieve() returns -1
?
We don't get any error event (namely dberror and error). That datawindow is
based on the MS SQL stored procedure, but this procedure is not proceeded
(we checked it in the MS SQL Trace). We tried to call this procedure
directly in the same script like datawindow.Retreive() using the same
transaction object and also in the painter of the datawindow and it was OK.

Thank's for your attention.

Jakub Maxa
(jakubm@empire.cz)

0
Jakub

--------------D61B8B93CF593CFEF331AC1E

You may want to check for null value being passed.  We have had -1 returned when a parameter being passed is a null value.

--
Fred A. Kilby                            mailto:Fred@netcentives.com
Senior Consultant                        Main:  (415) 705-6868

--------------D61B8B93CF593CFEF331AC1E

begin:          vcard
fn:             Fred Kilby
n:              Kilby;Fred
org:            Panttaja Consulting
email;internet: fkilby@netcentives.com
title:          Senior Consultant
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
end:            vcard

--------------D61B8B93CF593CFEF331AC1E--

0
Fred
5/13/1998 4:55:50 PM
Retrieve() returning -1 is often (in the cases I've seen) because the
transaction object is not set (no SetTrans() or SetTransObject()) or
the transaction object is not connected. This probably isn't the
complete list of things to check, but it's a start.

Good luck,

Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten

On Wed, 13 May 1998 16:15:00 +0200, "Jakub Maxa" <jakubm@empire.cz>
wrote:

>  is there any possibility to find out, why datawindow.retrieve() returns -1
>?
>We don't get any error event (namely dberror and error). That datawindow is
>based on the MS SQL stored procedure, but this procedure is not proceeded
>(we checked it in the MS SQL Trace). We tried to call this procedure
>directly in the same script like datawindow.Retreive() using the same
>transaction object and also in the painter of the datawindow and it was OK.

0
tvoth

Powerbuilder Datawindow Retrieve
I would like to create a dynamic datawindow retrieve. I have a list of datawindows with various types of retrieval arguments--some are arrays. I would like to pass a program the parameter and parameter type and have it dynamically build the retrieve. I've tried using the ANY variable type, but it doesn't work when the argument is an array. Does any one know of a way to "build" the retrieve statement on the fly, or something else to do? Thanks JBachman jbachman@worldnet.att.net -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.d...

Powerbuilder API call to stop datawindow retrieval
When I used SQLNET v1.x with Powerbuilder v4.x, I was able to stop a datawindow retrieve in my apps with a key combination of <CTRL>-<C>. This was a very nice feature to have, especially, with a datawindow retrieval lasting several minutes. With Powerbuilder v5.0.0.3 and SQLNET v2.0, the <CTRL>-<C> feature does not work. Powersoft tech support says that Oracle SQLNET v2.0 does not support this feature. But, SQLNET v2.0 documentation says that it does support this feature. I tested this successfully via SQLPLUS. I could use the RetrieveRow datawindow eve...

Powerbuilder API call to stop datawindow retrieval
When I used SQLNET v1.x with Powerbuilder v4.x, I was able to stop a datawindow retrieve in my apps with a key combination of <CTRL>-<C>. This was a very nice feature to have, especially, with a datawindow retrieval lasting several minutes. With Powerbuilder v5.0.0.3 and SQLNET v2.0, the <CTRL>-<C> feature does not work. Powersoft tech support says that Oracle SQLNET v2.0 does not support this feature. But, SQLNET v2.0 documentation says that it does support this feature. I tested this successfully via SQLPLUS. I could use the RetrieveRow datawindow eve...

Powerbuilder Datawindow Retrieve is unusually slow. What's wrong?
We are using powerbuilder with Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5. An issue we are having is that datawindows that have records 10000+ slow down almost exponentially during a retrieve the higher amount of records there is. A 40000 record datawindow should not take 5-10 minutes to retrieve on a 1ghz machine. Have any of you experienced a similar problem? Please let me know any suggestions you have. Please email me at johnowens50@hotmail.com John Owens johnowens50@hotmail.com Two possibilities: 1) your computer is memory-starved. Is the paging rate going up as the retrieval progre...

Error in datawindow when retrieve with retrieval arguments
Hi, I have a Table and a View created from that proxy table with certain criteria.. i have created a datawindow by joining the table and view... when i pass the retrieval arguments, it is showing an error as follows... Select error: SQLSTATE = 07002 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Not enough values for host variables if u r executing the same SQL in ISQL it is working fine... Please help thanks in advance... Danny Hi Danny Which PB version and ASA are you using? I have used retrieval arguments with no problem in datawindow with table and views Ch...

Web DataWindow Retrieve fails with retrieval arguments?
I am new to datawindow .net. In dwn0250releasebulletin.pdf, I find a list of known problems of datawindow.net 2.5 including "Web DataWindow Retrieve fails with retrieval arguments": When there are retrieval arguments, the Web DataWindow client-side Retrieve method returns -1 and fails to retrieve data. [CR 382988]. Has it been solved? Thanks. Vetacs ...

Datawindow retrieve rows in dev, retrieves no rows deployed
I created a datawindow in PB10 and given parameters it retrieves the appropriate rows when running from development. After deploying the application, given the exact same parameters (hard coded) the datawindow does not retrieve any rows. I have seen this once before where if we had comment lines inside of the SQL select for the DW it would not retrieve only when deployed. This time, I have no comments and can not find any reason why the exact same program would retrieve differently when run in dev as opposed to deployed. (Both being run on the same machine) Any ideas?? Is the ...

datawindow retrieval
How can i limit the amount of data returned to a datawindow when a standard listing is needed? Example...... A query of companies for dddw and/or datawindow ( no filters or 'were' statment needed) dives into the file and returns all of it (15,000 records). This is not needed. The first 200 or so would be fine. How can you control the number of rows returned. Then be able to get the rest or previous via a cursor or some other means sql anywhere is being used now SQL 6.5 or 7 later) Any Ideas? Thanks Alex Alex - To limit the rows retrieved, you can either cre...

Datawindow Retrieves
Does anyone no of a size limit to a retrieve i.e. 32k say. I'm running win95 and win2k workstations NT servers running Oracle 8.1.7 DB PB 7.03 Thanks in advance -- You are limited to the resources available on the client machine. Are you having problems? "Chris" <cisaksen@mail.nysed.gov> wrote in message news:77dZrANCCHA.81@forums.sybase.com... > Does anyone no of a size limit to a retrieve i.e. 32k say. > > I'm running win95 and win2k workstations > NT servers running Oracle 8.1.7 DB > > PB 7.03 > > Thanks i...

Datawindow Retrieve
Two questions: 1. After Retrieve is performed on a datawindow, is it possible to prevent the first row to become the current row? I want the current row to only change when the user click on a row, and thereby prevent the RowFocusChanged-event to be fired for each retrieve. 2. I have a table which changes often and I therby call Retrive often. Is it possible to prevent the datawindow to be redrawed for each retrieve? Can this be done by only retrieve some colomns? I use Power++ and the datawindow builder. Thanks in advance Kenneth Herskedal www.trafsys.no In articl...

Datawindow Retrieve
Two questions: 1. After Retrieve is performed on a datawindow, is it possible to prevent the first row to become the current row? I want the current row to only change when the user click on a row, and thereby prevent the RowFocusChanged-event to be fired for each retrieve. 2. I have a table which changes often and I therby call Retrive often. Is it possible to prevent the datawindow to be redrawed for each retrieve? Can this be done by only retrieve some colomns? I use Power++ and the datawindow builder. Thanks in advance Kenneth Herskedal www.trafsys.no In articl...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

retrieve datawindow
I have a dw with a select retrieved at open event, this dw have a group. I need to add more lines, for that reason i use a cursor and insertrow(). But what do i have to do to get de report order by de group and all lines in each group. I tryed with setredraw, setsort, but i haven't got good results. Is it posible to do it? Or maybe i have to work diferent? I have all information correctly but i don't know how to aply again de sorts of de report. thanks look at Groupcalc datawindow method Description Recalculates the breaks in the grouping levels in a DataWindow....

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

Web resources about - datawindow.retrieve() - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo