datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow

I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a
datawindow.  It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works
fine in PB 5.0.  The function that looks at this property is in an
ancestor userobject.  The dataobject is assigned at this point but all
other properties of the datawindow are missing.  Any suggestions?
0
Kent
9/7/1999 5:56:11 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 14 followers. Follow

Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that
may be your problem.

HTH

Kent Montgomery wrote:

> I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a
> datawindow.  It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works
> fine in PB 5.0.  The function that looks at this property is in an
> ancestor userobject.  The dataobject is assigned at this point but all
> other properties of the datawindow are missing.  Any suggestions?

0
Dennis_Nickels

datawindow.column.count not returning column count using dot or Describe
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? ...

GridView Columns Count Diffrent from DataSet Columns Count
Dear Team   I am using ASP.NET 2.0, C#, Ajax, JavaScript   I have a Grid View that contains 10 columns.   When I bind data to it from C#, this data set that I use may contain less columns count than that in the Grid View. So on binding I goterror Column X is not there in the data set.   Please advise what to do. You can set Gridviews AutoGenerateColumns=true instead See: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.gridview.autogeneratecolumns.aspx a sample code.Hope this helps! Vikram.S, DeveloperDiscountASP.NETInnovative ASP.NET Host...

GridView Columns Count Diffrent from DataSet Columns Count
Dear Team   I am using ASP.NET 2.0, C#, Ajax, JavaScript   I have a Grid View that contains 10 columns.   When I bind data to it from C#, this data set that I use may contain less columns count than that in the Grid View. So on binding I goterror Column X is not there in the data set.   Please advise what to do. Hello Ramzy, I am not sure why you would have a GridView that expects columns that are not in the data set.  For example, if I configure a column in my grid view to show the Name field, I would always expect the Name field from the data that binds ...

datagrid with columns return columns count 0
hello, i have a datagrid that the columns are build in the code behind. when i do datagrid.Columns.Count it returns 0. why is that? thank you....

Negative columns counts for datawindows!??
Hi guys, I am passing a datawindow (by reference) to an object function that tries to retrieve its column count. When I use a messagebox to display the returned value I get a lot of randomly returned negative numbers. Whenever I get positive column counts they are not consistent. Any ideas? The following is the code I use to retrieve the column count for the datawindow: li_colcount = adw.object.datawindow.column.count -Denton How many rows you looking at? It looks like you've declared the variable to be an integer and that will overflow after 36K records or so (re...

Returning column AND row count. (maybe cell count????)
 Hello, I have a table that displays data in a GridView.  You'll notice by my code below that this table will display 8 or 9 columns, anyway, the RadioResponse.Response column returns numeric values like 2, 3, or 4, etc.   I also have a Label on the page.  For the sake of simplicity I would like to have the Label display how many times the number "3" is returned to the GridView.  How can I filter such information and have it read through the Label control??    using System;using System.Data;using System.Configuration;using Syste...

DataWindow Expression
Hello all! How can I implement a "countIf"-Computed Field? This Computed Field should based on a Value of a Column and it should count, how often the value appears in the column. for example: Text countIf ---- ------- "aaa" 1 (... the String "aaa" appears 1x) "bbb" 2 (... the String "bbb" appears 2x) "ccc" 3 (... the String "ccc" appears 3x) "ccc" 3 (... the String "ccc" appears 3x) "ccc" 3 (... the String "ccc" appears 3x) "bbb" 2 (... the String "bb...

object.datawindow.Column.Count with computed fields
Can I get an equivalent of the object.datawindow.Column.Count for the computed fields? I have converted some columns to computes in a datawindow and I would like to loop through all of the columns and computes and modify them in a script. Thanks, Scott Hi Scott you can use dw_1.describe("datawindow.objects") to get a list of all datawindow objects, among them columns and computes. Loop through the list an check wether describe(<objtName> + ".type") results in "compute" or "column". If so, objtName is a compute or a column...

Help:Unique Count/Sum of the datawindow column
In my data window the data is displaying in the following scenarios. I need unique count of the QTY and CNT. I am trying using PB functions(SUM & COUNT) in the expression window. But it is not displaying the way i want. Can anyone please help me how to solve this problem? First Scenario: ID QTY CNT 1 2 2 1 2 2 2 2 1 2 2 1 3 2 2 3 2 2 ------------------------- TOT 2 5 -->T...

Why is COUNT(column) faster then COUNT(*) ??
I'm working with MS SQLServer 6.5 and ASA 6.03. Running the COUNT (*) and COUNT(PK_column) query on both: I get 10 seconds against 3 seconds on ASA with a 50.000-record table and 1 second against 3 seconds on SQLServer with a 280.000-record table. Is it typically ASA or am I missing something? The count does a table scan in ASA. If you need an approximate number of rows in a table check the sys.systable table. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX I got different results. Counting a table with 760,000 rows I go th...

Help to get column count from HTML datawindow using JavaScript
Hi all, How to get column count in HTML datawindow, using javascript. If i use dw_control.Describe("DataWindow.Column.Count"), the it shows errors, "Object does not support this property" Is it any way to get column count from HTML datawindow using JavaScript? Rammurali krishnan B ...

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

Web resources about - datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo