DataWindow selection

How can I avoid a text selected (by the user) in a DW field get lose when
another control (on the same window) get focus?

TIA

0
Ol

I don't have this problem, even switching to another control on
another tab (PBL Peeper was my test case, you can check it for
yourself). Are you sure you have got code somewhere in your system
that is causing this problem?

Good luck,

On 16 Jul 2004 08:50:08 -0700, "Ol" <oquesada76@hotmail.com> wrote:

>How can I avoid a text selected (by the user) in a DW field get lose when
>another control (on the same window) get focus?

See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

selected row in the datawindow to displayed in the other datawindow
hi iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to other datawindow. thnaks deva see IsSelected functions and transfer those rows to the other DW Regards Vasu "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:sDZOLqlpCHA.187@forums.sybase.com... > hi > iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to > other datawindow. > thnaks > deva > > > Hello Vasu D, Are u using shared dw's? In this case you'll only have to use the function dw_secundary.scrolltor...

Export datawindow select statement form all datawindows
I have a large application with a lot of DWs. DB is SQL Server 2000. Some DW use " (double quotes) in the select statement (not '), and now, with PB105 and oledb, this statements fails (MS native driver works) I know that " isn't a valid character for delimiting strings in SQL, but this large application was written by many people :) How can I find all " in all select statements in all DW within my application to do a replace. Thanks, Alex B. Hi Alex, I'm not sure wether some tool like PBL Peeper is capable...

Datawindow select
When I tried to look at the SQL behind a datawindow it I get a message saying sp_pb60primarykey not found. Is something missing? We are using PB6.5 with Sybase. Thanks. Did you remember to load the pbsyc.sql stored procedures? These can be found in the /server directory on the install CD. steve [TeamPS] Saravana wrote: > > When I tried to look at the SQL behind a datawindow it I get a message > saying sp_pb60primarykey not found. Is something missing? We are using > PB6.5 with Sybase. > Thanks. ...

SELECT from SELECT
Hi! I remember seeing an example where you can do a select from a nested select, but I cannot seem to make it work. So it would be something like this: select max( name ) from ( select name from customer union select name from vendor ) Was I dreaming I saw that? Thanks! D In article <4500243f@forums-2-dub>, daniel_AT_infrontsoftware_DOT_com@N0SPAM.com says... > Hi! > > I remember seeing an example where you can do a select from a nested > select, but I cannot seem to make it work. No, you weren't. Try (UNTESTED!) adding a...

datawindow.selected
datawindow.selected() highlight the column with black background. is there anyway to assign a different color. TIA. > datawindow.selected() highlight the column with black > background. is there anyway to assign a different color. > TIA. AFAIK, No ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Datawindow select
When I tried to look at the SQL behind a datawindow it I get a message saying sp_pb60primarykey not found. Is something missing? We are using PB6.5 with Sybase. Thanks. You have to install the required stored procedures in your SQL Server. The procedures are located in the script PBSYC.SQL and directions for running that script can be found in the Connecting To Your Database book. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support joneil@sybase.com Saravana wrote: > When I tried to look at the SQL behind a datawindow it I get a message > saying sp_pb60primarykey not found. Is...

datawindow: SELECT
Hi, I have this problem. Suppose I have a table 'A' which has columns: ID, and description. A file 'B' which has 1 to 2000 IDs. I want to select all of the rows in table 'A' that have IDs in file 'B'. My solution was to add a tempory table name 'tmp' into the database (note that the user who running the application do not have the right to create or drop table). Then before doing the selection, I delete all row in table 'tmp', insert all IDs in file 'B' into it, then do a subquery select like SELECT ID, description ...

Selecting from DataWindow
Hi, I am wondering if we can do kind of sql select command in DataWindow. Suppose I have a data window with 3 columns studentID | SubjectID | score ----------------+-------------------+------------ 123 | MT01 | 80 123 | GO02 | 70 456 | MT01 | 70 456 | FS01 | 90 This is the result I am expecting StudentID | maxScore | ----------------+----------------------------| 123 | 80 | 456 | 90 | In...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

Selecting from DataWindow
Hi, I am wondering if we can do kind of sql select command in DataWindow. Suppose I have a data window with 3 columns studentID | SubjectID | score ----------------+-------------------+------------ 123 | MT01 | 80 123 | GO02 | 70 456 | MT01 | 70 456 | FS01 | 90 This is the result I am expecting StudentID | maxScore | ----------------+----------------------------| 123 | 80 | 456 | 90 | In S...

DataWindow Select
I have a problem. I have a datawindow that returns around 14000 rows. My connections is with Oracle. This DW in diferent executions returns diferents number of rows and never chage are done in database. Why can be this???? Thanks. Datawindow select is: SELECT expediente.expediente_id, sf_importe_preview (expediente.importe_pendiente, expediente.codigo_moneda_pendiente_id) importe_pendiente, sf_formato_moneda_defecto (expediente.importe_pendiente, expediente.codigo_moneda_pendiente_id) importe_pendiente_st, expediente.aportador_id, expediente.numero_expediente, exped...

Selecting from DataWindow
Hi, I am wondering if we can do kind of sql select command in DataWindow. Suppose I have a data window with 3 columns studentID | SubjectID | score ----------------+-------------------+------------ 123 | MT01 | 80 123 | GO02 | 70 456 | MT01 | 70 456 | FS01 | 90 This is the result I am expecting StudentID | maxScore | ----------------+----------------------------| 123 | 80 | 456 | 90 | In SQL...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Web resources about - DataWindow selection - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo