Datawindow Columns limitation in PB 6.5.1

I have a datawindow with 130 selected columns out of which 118 are computed
columns .
Now i need to add some more, when i try to add even one more it starts
giving me syntax error
and won't save .
As the such query is all fine and i can run it from isql or within
powerbuilders database painter.
Is there a limitation on how many columns one can have for selection  in a
datawindow ?
I searched in the manuals i didn't find any ?? .

Ravi

0
SAS

URGENT ora-918 in datawindow PB 6.5.1 after adding 1 column
Hi folks, I have just modified one datawindow of a PowerBuilder 6.5.1 application and since then whenever I run the application and I execute the sql associated with that Datawindow in Oracle I get an Oracle error: ORA-918 column ambiguosly defined What I have done in the Datawindow is simply to add in the SQL one field more to retrieve with the query. The query schematicaly is: select T1.C1, T2.C1, T1.C2 from T1 , T2 where ...bla bla Where I have just added the T1.C2 to the select part. I have detected the problem is that the dbname property of the database columns in ...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where is this file ? thanks http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001286 On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:03:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Netvigator <kevinlcw@ctimail.com> wrote: >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where >is this file ? > >thanks > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com ...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

PB 6.5.1 & DataWindow Computed Column & PowerGen
I have a problem with a datawindow Computed Column If I compile with PowerGen it won't work if I do a Fullrebuild with PowerBuilder it won't work but if I regenerate that specific datawindow and compile with out a Full Rebuild it WILL work. Any Ideas? Thanks, Adri�n --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.419 / Virus Database: 235 - Release Date: 13/11/02 Nope. I've never seen this. What kind of error do you get? On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:57:51 -0600, "Adri�n Galv�n Quintani...

PB 6.5.1 datawindows incorrectly appending wrong table name to columns
We recently upgraded our PB 6.5 to 6.5.1 and now we are continuously experiencing strange problems with datawindows. If you add a new column to a datawindow which has a select joining multiple tables, it will frequently append the wrong table name to the column. Removing the bad table name manually does not help, the column properties keep the wrong table name. Exporting and importing does not help. Computed columns randomly become invalid, even if they do not reference the modified or newly added field, and can not be manually fixed - PowerBuilder won't accept the change ...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

PB 6.5.1 + Y2K Patch Regression Bug (was SQLAnywhere 5.5 Column Not Taking Integer)
After looking deeper into my problems (see 'SQLAnywhere 5.5 Column Not Taking Integer), I contacted tech support this morning. The bug affects not only UPDATE statements with a WHERE clause, but actually _all_ static SQL statements that have a where clause involving a comparison to a variable. This has been repeated with the AdaptSrvAny 6.0 backend. My system and the ASA system at Sybase are both using the _ODBC_ driver, so this appears to be the early culprit. This problem is verified as non-existant on initial PB 6.5 build. Obviously, this bug has occurred somewhere betwe...

Migration: PowerBuilder 6.5.1 to PB 8.0.1
hi all, I am working on migrating the existing PB6.5.1 application to PB8.0.1 Build 9056 on Win 2000 SP1 system. The migration of the application went fine without any problems. After the migration is successful I tried to full rebuild the application(target as in PB8), it results in application being terminated(GPF). But if i choose Incremental rebuild, it the build works fine. The same happens when I try migration on Win 95 system too. Does anybody out here came across such a problem during migration? Thanks in advance for your help/advice. Mahesh Try optimi...

Invalid Column Name [PB 6.5 Oracle 8.1.6]
Hi, The first time we try to access the database in the morning, we get this invalid column name messages. It doesnot crash the application but won't populate the dropdown datawindow. I am populating 3 dropdown datawindows from the open event of the window. It happens only frequently and the next time you try to open the same window, it opens just fine. Any help? Hitesh Sounds like a timing issue. Use a database trace to see what is being sent in what order: sqlca.dbms="trace O84" Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) But, I have no arguments for the data...

Web resources about - Datawindow Columns limitation in PB 6.5.1 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo