Datawindow Column name

Hi,

How i can to get the column's name with it index.

I tried this in a datawindow with 10 columns:
-----------------

String name;
int i;
for i=1 to dw.rowCount()
   name = dw.describe("#" + i + ".name")
   messagebox("",name)
next

-----------------
but when i going to try it only show me the name of the first column (1)
dont work with 2,3... etc.

you know any other method ?? What i can do ??
regards
0
David

You are looping on a rowcount() - it does NOT have anything to do with
column count.
0
Philip_Salgannik
11/12/2002 10:55:02 PM
Yup. You need to use Integer (Describe ("datawindow.column.count")).
You also need to do a String(i) in your Describe expression.

Good luck,

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:55:02 -0500, Philip_Salgannik wrote:

>You are looping on a rowcount() - it does NOT have anything to do with
>column count.

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

How can I get the column name of a datawindow column?
I want to get the column name in tablename.columnname format. I have tried to get it using dbname property. However, I found that it work only if the tables in the datawindow are inner join. If the tables in the datawindow are outer join, the dbname only return the columnname and the tablename is missed. Do you have any idea? Charles You could add the name to the select clause or to the tag property. Or you caould check to see if it is a join or not (by seeing if there is a '.' in the column name) if not then get the sql select statment and parse to find the table...

How to use a full column name (table name and column name) with a DataReader
Hi, I have a problem retrieving the data with a DataReader from a stored proc that performs a join of two table with the same column's names but different data. Let me explain with an example: I have two tables: Table1: Id, Name Table2: Id, Name, IdTable1 The sproc is something like this: CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[SearchByName] (@Name nvarchar(40)) AS BEGIN SELECT * FROM dbo.Table1, dbo.Table2 WHERE Table1.Id = Table2.IdTable1 AND Table1.Name LIKE '%' + @Name + '%' END And my c# code is something like this: Database db = Databas...

Datawindow Column Name
Hi, Is it possible to get a datawindow's column name from it's dbname. I need do a find on the datawindow using the column name but since our column names are created dynamically i.e col1, col2 etc i need to find the corresponding column name to it's dbname. Thanks I'm not getting entirely what you're trying to achieve, but here are some hints. When you create a datawindow from a SQL Select statement for each of the db columns from your statement PB generates corresponding DW column (control). If you observe the Column Specification pane in the Datawindo...

Datawindow column names
We have some datawindows that are fairly large (75Kb+), with 220+ columns (there is a lot of Oracle decoding going on) as well as some computed columns. Every time that we change the SQL statement, the datawindow painter changes the name of the columns, prefixing the column names with the table names. What are the rules concerning what type of change to the datawindow SQL statement causes this to happen? And is there a way to configure/fool the datawindow painter to stop it from renaming the columns everytime we modify the SQL? This is PB5.0.2 on Win95 running against Oracle 7.2. Than...

Datawindow Column Names
Hi, Does anyone remember what the dwSyntax command is to return the columns on a datawindow (in an array format)? I cannot seem to find it in the help. Thanks, Jim you can read the source code of f_dw_get_objects in PFC, or just retrieve columns list by dw.object.datawindow.objects. Jim Cuoco <cuoco@ma.ultranet.com> wrote in message news:JADvY3tnBHA.133@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone remember what the dwSyntax command is to return the columns > on a datawindow (in an array format)? I cannot seem to find it in the help. > >...

datawindow column names and multi-table datawindows 5.0.04 -> 6.5
Has anybody out there noticed problems with the dynamic creation of multi-table datawindows and referring to the datawindow columns? In 5.0.04 PowerBuilder automatically prefixed each datawindow column with the table name(e.g. table_name_column_name). This is now broken in PB 6.5. Why did this change in 6.5? What necessitated this change so that all Sybase customers are forced to perform costly regression testing on PowerBuilder applications? Windows 95 PB Enterprise 6.5 ODBC - any dbms( Sql Any, MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase ASE, Quadbase ) ...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Column names in an N-UP datawindow
I have an N-Up datawindow that has 6 columns with only 2 being displayed. When I loop through my dataobject to get the names of the columns, 6 are returned, but the names of the 2 on the datawindow have a '_2' after the name. I was actually expecting to have 8 columns returned with two having '_1' and two having '_2' at the end of the names. I am running PB 7.0.2 Build 8046. Here's a sample of the code: ii_dw_numofcolumns = Integer(ids_parse.Object.DataWindow.Column.Count) *Should this be returning 8, maybe? For li_columncounter = 1 to ii_dw_numofcolu...

SqlBulkCopy: the locale id '0' of the source column '<column name> ' and the locale id '1033' of the destination column '<column name>' do not match.
Hi, I am using the sqlbulkcopy object to transfer large amount of data from one SQL server to Other. The code look like this.. SqlDataReader readerSrc = null;SqlBulkCopy bulkCopy = new SqlBulkCopy(connDest);//Prepare Destination Table.SqlCommand cmdDelete = new SqlCommand("DELETE FROM " + destTableName, connDest);//Set the sqlcommand textSqlCommand cmdGet = new SqlCommand("SELECT * FROM " + srcTableName, connSrc);//Open source connection.connSrc.Open();//Open destination connection.connDest.Open();int delete = cmdDelete.ExecuteNonQuery();//Get the data.readerSrc = cmdGet.ExecuteRead...

What are valid datawindow column names?
Hi, PB 10.5.1. For an application where the column names of a dynamically created datawindow are depending on names that users specify via our user interface, we need to know which names are valid column names in order to validate the user input. The main reason for this is that users want to have these as column headers in exported files (Excel, txt, csv...), created via datawindow.saveas(). Some users will use Asian characters for this. We could not find any documentation on this. The documentation on valid identifier names seems to refer to PowerScript, not to ...

Datawindow Column Name Generation
With every(may be most) release, PB has been changing the way it names columns when the SQL is changed for a datawindow. Some of my datawindows, since 4.0, I have to export, change SQL and import to avoid my computes being commented out and all my layout screwed up because it deletes invalid columns. I have even added columns using this technique. Sometimes it becomes very difficult and have to rebuild the whole layout. It would be nice if a standard method is adopted. --------- Srinivas --------- ...

Column named changed in datawindow!
I am trying to update a existing datawindow with some new columns. Once I have selected the columns the names of ALL columns disappear and are replaced with "compute_0001, compute_0002, compute_0003," etc. In the column specifications box I see the compute name is in both the name and the DB Name boxes. This also happens if I try to create a new datawindow. However, the text labels have the correct name. This obviously won't do. In my testing I have discovered it only happens if there is an @ sign in the column name. Now we have been using @ signs in column names (an...

How does a datawindow column get its name?
Q: How does a column get its name? Pretext: Datawindow is built using Tabular - SQL Select - and Converted to Syntax. On existing datawindow - the column names have been modified to strip off the table names (so table name "company" was stripped from column name "company_code" to make it as just "code"). Change: I was changing this existing datawindow - adding one another column. After adding the column into the SQL-SELECT, the datawindow display warning message as "SELECT change has forced update specification change" ( I have update pro...

how to get all the column names from datawindow
I would like to get all the column names from datawindow. any help apppreciated TIA //1. Column names Int li_col_count, ls_columns[] li_col_count = integer(idw.Describe("DataWindow.Column.Count")) FOR i = 1 TO li_col_count ls_columns[i] = idw.Describe("#" + String(i) + ".Name") Next //2. If you need to include CF's look at the Object.DataWindow.Objects string (tab separated) and parse it back to an array of DW objects. hth > I would like to get all the column names from datawindow. > > any help apppreciated > TIA...

Web resources about - Datawindow Column name - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo