Databse error -203 after PB 6.0 migrate from PB 5.0.3

Databse error -203 after PB 6.0 migrate from PB 5.0.3

I migrated my PB application and PFC/PFE files from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.0.
This means I am continuing to use version 5.0.03 of the PFC files
because I migraded the PFC pbls as well as my four application pbls.
This approach was suggested as an option by Steve Benfield
who led a two-day PowerBuilder conference in April 1998 that I attended.
In the process of the migrate, I received a page of compiler information
messages.
I then did a full rebuild of the application where I got the same compiler
information messages that I got in the migrate step.

I then tested the application both in the PB 6.0 development environment
and the executable from the build.  Both of those test situations
rendered Database error code -203.

Select error: SQLSTATE=S0022
[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0206N 'NULL' is not a column in an inserted
table...

I used the debugger in both PB 5.0 and PB 6.0 to help me see what was
different.
I know the -230 abend is because the ssn, which is a string used in the
where statement,
is not available in storage for tab pages that need it.  I don't know why
it is
available in version 5 and not in 6.

Here is the problematic pfc_retrieve script in my user object which is
inherited from u_tabpg:

of_SetTransObject(SQLCA)

if RowCount() = 0 then
        is_ssn_cd = m_file_review_dtl.is_ssn
        this.Retrieve(is_ssn_cd)
end if
Return 1

All my compiler errors were of two types, C0146 and C0190:

Library: C:\QMDB\SOURCE\QMDB.PBL
    Object: n_cst_dwsrv_rowselection
        Object Variable Declarations
            (0001): Information C0146: The identifier
'n_cst_dwsrv_rowselection' conflicts with an existing
 global variable with this name.  The new definition of
'n_cst_dwsrv_rowselection' will take precedence and
 the prior value will be ignored until this version of
'n_cst_dwsrv_rowselection' goes out of scope
Library: C:\QMDB\SOURCE\PFCAPSRV.PBL
    Object: pfc_n_cst_dwcache
        Instance Variables
            (0008): Warning     C0190: Instance variables of local
structure type ('os_cachelist') will be
implicitly private in the next release.
    Object: pfc_n_cst_trregistration
        Instance Variables
..
..
..
Library: C:\QMDB\SOURCE\PFEDWSRV.PBL
    Object: n_cst_dwsrv_rowselection
        Object Variable Declarations
            (0001): Information C0146: The identifier
'n_cst_dwsrv_rowselection' conflicts with an existing
global variable with this name.  The new definition of
'n_cst_dwsrv_rowselection' will take precedence and
the prior value will be ignored until this version of
'n_cst_dwsrv_rowselection' goes out of scope

0
mike
9/15/2000 5:13:28 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

This is really a missing instance variable problem not a database error.
0
Mike_Koob
9/15/2000 7:22:14 PM
I'm curious why you say that. If the variable was missing, the script
wouldn't compile. It could be that the contents of the instance are
not populated correctly. When developers depend on undocumented
sequences of event firings, often things break in this manner in
migrations. But if the variable that is being passed to the Retrieve()
is NULL, then that tends to say that the variable was explicitly
SetNull(), since the default value for strings is empty string ("").

If I were debugging this, I'd be following two paths:

- Do a database trace (transaction.DBMS = "TRACE " + DBMS before the
CONNECT) to see what SQL is really being issued.

- Track down where the instance variable is being populated with the
value it has when it gets here.

BTW, two other free pieces of advice.

- Don't waste your time on PB 6.0.0. Move directly to the latest build
you can get away with (6.5.1 plus the Y2K patch should be available on
the Sybase site).

- Not upgrading PFC is a trade off. The up side is, in theory, less
testing and debugging of existing applications. The down side is
passing up fixes and new functionality. (Once again, grab the latest
version you can if upgrading, unless you like struggling with old bugs
that have already been fixed for years. <g>)

Good luck,

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:22:14 -0400, Mike_Koob wrote:

>This is really a missing instance variable problem not a database error.

>Databse error -203 after PB 6.0 migrate from PB 5.0.3
>
>I migrated my PB application and PFC/PFE files from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.0.
>This means I am continuing to use version 5.0.03 of the PFC files
>because I migraded the PFC pbls as well as my four application pbls.
>This approach was suggested as an option by Steve Benfield
>who led a two-day PowerBuilder conference in April 1998 that I attended.
>In the process of the migrate, I received a page of compiler information
>messages.
>I then did a full rebuild of the application where I got the same compiler
>information messages that I got in the migrate step.
>
>I then tested the application both in the PB 6.0 development environment
>and the executable from the build.  Both of those test situations
>rendered Database error code -203.
>
>Select error: SQLSTATE=S0022
>[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0206N 'NULL' is not a column in an inserted
>table...
>
>I used the debugger in both PB 5.0 and PB 6.0 to help me see what was
>different.
>I know the -230 abend is because the ssn, which is a string used in the
>where statement,
>is not available in storage for tab pages that need it.  I don't know why
>it is
>available in version 5 and not in 6.
>
>Here is the problematic pfc_retrieve script in my user object which is
>inherited from u_tabpg:
>
>of_SetTransObject(SQLCA)
>
>if RowCount() = 0 then
>        is_ssn_cd = m_file_review_dtl.is_ssn
>        this.Retrieve(is_ssn_cd)
>end if
>Return 1

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit,
winner of PowerTimes 1999 "Little Helper of the Year"
0
Terry

Migrating PB 3.0 to PB 6.0 app
Hello We are going to migrate an application made with PB 3.0 to PB 6.0. Does anybody have an experience about it?. What's the best way: Migrate from 3 to 4 and then to 6? TIA Hi. My company upgraded from PB 3.0 to PB 5.0 and there were a lot of little problems that added up to a lot of time. Here is a list of things to watch out for: 1. There are a lot of functions that are obsolete that need to be changed. 2. We touched all datawindows. This caused many of them to redraw themselves and move fields all over. 3. The above also caused a lot of the pro...

where is the fix for PB 5.0.3 or where is PB 6.0
I'm startingt to see messages about PB 6.0. I'm still waiting to a fix to PB 5.0.3 ( match(column) and column is null you get a GPF) I'm stuck on 4.0.6 because of this problem. is there a fix for 5.0.3 ( it's not on the http://www.powersoft.com/services/support/pbuilder/files/ ) TIA Tim - OMG There may be workaround for your problem with the Match function. Are you using the PowerScript or datawindow version of the function? If you are using the datawindow version, have you tried performing the Match on a computed database column, that converts null...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Running PB 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 on same PC
I am attempting to run PowerBuilder 3, 4, 5 (both 16 and 32 bit), and 6 on the same PC. I know that sounds crazy but all of those releases are still in use at my company. The only problem I am having is I can't get 6.0 to use its own pb.ini file. I am running NT 4.0 and have made the following entries in my WIN.INI in the [Powerbuilder] section: INITPATH=c:\...... statement for PB3, INITPATH040 for PB4, INITPATH050 for PB5, and INITPATH060 for PB6. This method works for PB3, 4, and 5 but not 6. PB6 seems to be using the INITPATH statement but ignores the INITPATH060 statement. M...

Problem using PB 5.0.3 and PB 6.0 on the Same NT Workstation
Help! I'm having a problem with PB 5.0.3 and PB 6.0 on the same machine. Some history: We are running a PB5 application (16bit) in a Windows 3.11 environment but are doing some of the development on NT(PB5.0.3 32 bit). When we compile the app, we do it on a 16 bit machine. Up until now, we've been able to run the app with no problems on both Windows 3.11 and NT. Last week I installed PB6 on my NT machine and within a few days I was starting to have problems running the app in develepment in PB 5. The only thing I did in PB 6 so far is just try to connect to the MSS SQ...

PB 5.0.4 and ASA 6.0.3 with ODBC 3.0.28.xxx
Hi, I've tried applying ODBC 3.0.28 over the 3.0.51 version from ASA 6.0.3 and still have problems, but this time it's the "no catalogue tables" and "xxx has no columns" when opening a table. No database access is successful. I've applied the PB 5.0.4 EBF #3 from the support library too. Please help. Thanks and regards, Andre Lipinski hello... I'm facing the same problem but my PB is version 6.5.1 Any solution yet from sybase pertaining to the problem........ Thanks a lot Andre Lipinski <AndreL@globalserve.net> wrote in messa...

Migration from PB 6.5 to PB 8.0.3 with Oracle as Database
We experience some problems while migrating from PB 6.5 to PB 8.0.3 . The database is Oracle 8.1. After the migration , some reports are not working properly. Can any one suggest the problems while migration to PB 8 and solutions for the same. Venugopal Did you move from the O73 to the O84 client layer? If so, you may be experiencing problems with database columns that are different sizes than what the datawindow expects (i.e., larger). When using the O73 driver, the data was just truncated without any notice to the end-user. With O84, the retrieve will stop at the offendi...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

Migrate/Upgrade from PB 5.0.xx to PB 8.0/9.0
Hi, I am having the PB 5.0.xx Applications running on my pc at this moment. I have to Migrate/Upgrade them to PB 8/9. What is the best way to get this? Can any one give me some guidance on this? Thanks for your Help in Advance Regards Migrating: - Backup - Optimize in PB5 - Full Rebuild in PB5, with Information and Warning messages turned on - Backup, send it offside - Run Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools in PB8/9) - Fix the identified issues using PB5 <doublechecking> - Optimize in PB5 - Full Rebuild in PB5, with Information and Warning messages t...

Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...
Hello, The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know where to look. Here it is: Object: ue_cie_ie Instance Variables (0031): Error C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE declarations. Is this modified exported source? Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance, Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com) What's on line 31 of the instance variables? Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote: > The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

problem with migration pb 6.5 to pb 6.0
after problems in compilation with pb 6.5, I compile librairies in pb 6.0 and it is ok. But, in menu, letters with accent ("�" or "�" ) become "o". thanks to say me if it's normal... ...

Web resources about - Databse error -203 after PB 6.0 migrate from PB 5.0.3 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Foursquare to Charge for Access to its Databse
In order to make money from its giant database of restaurants and other businesses, Foursquare is in negotiations to begin charging its largest ...

User talk:JosephBarillari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hello Joseph! Welcome to wikipedia! I hope you can make useful contributions and have fun. About the article you created, maybe you should consider ...

Contact Us - Stock and Rural Crime Investigation Squad
CHARLEVILLE Charleville Police Station 59 Alfred Street Charleville Phone: 07-4650 5521 or 520 Mobile: 0427 758 093 CLONCURRY Cloncurry Police ...

World Competitiveness Yearbook (WCY)
World Competitiveness Yearbook (WCY) home page

Android Blog & News – all recent posts at AndroidPIT - Page 2
On our AndroidPIT Blog you can read up on interesting news and posts about the latest topics regarding Android and Android Apps.

BabelPort :: Articles On the translation of military ranks by Christian Hansel, SiteFounder
... serves as a personal and professional network of fellow translators, interpreters, and agencies. babelport offers a free directory and databse ...

Who's lying about the GoDaddy outage?
... you have to assume that you was hacked by me https://twitter.com/AnonymousOwn3r/status/245625530320293889 … not just the ddos but also databse ...

No Rock And Roll Fun: Stuck On Repeat 2009: Month-by-month
skip to main - skip to sidebar No Rock & Roll Fun Front page More and more of a self righteous pole smoker as time progresses Become in some ...

Changes « ChemAxon – cheminformatics platforms and desktop applications
ChemAxon is a company for software development. Programs, Java applets and other Java tools for chemistry, client-server applications, chemical ...