Database Connectivity ( DSN Less )

HI
i have made a connection to MSSQL database with DSN . can we make a connection
without DSN .

thanks

tan
tan

If the ODBC driver allows you to specify all the connection parameters via
DBParm, you can connect without a DSN. I have done it with ASA, but not
MSSQL.

"tan" <mrdragon13@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> HI
> i have made a connection to MSSQL database with DSN . can we make a
connection
> without DSN .
>
> thanks
>
> tan

Brian

how i make dsn less connection in powerbuilder 8
I want to connect database without dsn how can i do that, please send code for that A quick google search yielded: http://www-gatago.com/comp/soft-sys/powerbuilder/2432684.html Simply change the Driver= value to match the ODBC driver you want to use. pravin wrote: > I want to connect database without dsn how can i do that, > please send code for that -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 ***************************************************************************** Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 ...

Can I use DSN less to connect database
Hi, Can I use DSN less to connect database, like connect to *.mdb? from LEO ...

DSN less connection with powerbuilder 11.2
Can anyone please let me know to give DSNless connection with SQL Anywhere database in powerbuilder 11.2. It would be very helpful to me With thanks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Polachan, The basic trick is to pass in the "DRIVER" argument in the connection string - the SQL Anywhere ODBC driver must still be present on the system. "DRIVER=SQL Anywhere 11;UID=dba;PWD=sql;ENG=MyEngine;..." Regards, POLACHAN wrote: > Can anyone please let me know to give DSNless con...

DSN-less, register-less connection?
I have the DSN-less connection ok with the following: SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0;" + & "UID=dba;PWD=sql;DBF=c:\mydir\mydb.db;" + & "Start=c:\mydir\rteng7.exe -c 8m'" But as far as I know the 'Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0;' requires a register setting, or does it? Can I get around this somehow so I don't need any register settings for a connection? "Doogie" <doogie@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:OWG942%23NDHA.364@forums-2-dub... > I have the DSN-...

How to connect DBClient using a DSN-less connection in a VB5 App
I have a VB5 app connecting to SLQ Anywhere without a data source name - no problem. I am changing the app to a multi-user environment using SLQ Anywhere Server & SQL Anywhere Client. I can connect with a DSN - no problem; the ODBC dialog screen comes up. I don't want to setup a DSN on all the machines in the office if I don't have to. We are running Novell (I think 3.1, maybe 4.0) Here is the code for the standalone version DSN-less- works fine. RDOConnect = "UID=rico;PWD=rico;DBF=" + DBPath + "\ricoapp.DB;DRIVER=Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0;DSN=&#...

DSN-less connection
Our Billing application uses a DSN-less connection to the SQLAnywhere 10 database. Here is the connection info used: DatabaseSource=DRIVER=SQL Anywhere10.0; Compress=NO;CommLinks=SharedMemory,TCPIP{host=solus};Integrated=YES;AutoStop=YES;EngineName=solus;DatabaseName=billing2 I've tried using this connection info in the .ini generated from Infomaker for my report, but no luck. I first get the login window. I try entering a userid and password, then I get the error: "Database Conneciton Failed. Application cannot be run" Error: 999 DBMS is not supported in yo...

DSN-less connection
Can anyone supply me with the proper syntax for a connect string for SQLAnywhere version 5.5? I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks John der Kinderen sConnectString="Provider=MSDASQL;Driver=Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0;DataBaseFile=c:\MyDir\MyDb.db;UID=dba;PWD=sql" works for me ! <johndk> wrote in message news:C4C1941FE452A39600567CB085256C67.00567CCB85256C67@webforums... > Can anyone supply me with the proper syntax for a connect string for > SQLAnywhere version 5.5? I'd be greatly appreciative. > > Thanks > John der Kinderen Thank...

DSN-less connection
Can someone post an example of how to do a DSN-less connection to SQL Anywhere 5.5.03 from Powerbuilder? (The database is running on a server and the user connect using dbclient.) Alternately, maybe someone could explain why the database won't use the UID and PWD I provide in the 'ConnectString' when I connect using a DSN. If I store the userid and password in the DSN it works fine, but I want to get away from that because it is machine dependent. I want to connect to the database using the userid of the person who signed in. If I take the userid and password out of ...

Cannot connect my database to Powerbuilder
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder. I am unable to run a Powerbuilder program with the database that I have specified in the 'Database Painter'. Could you please help me? I am able to see the tables in the painter but when I try and run the exe after building it, it does not seem to be pointing to that database. Regards, Anand Surendar You have to populate those same attributes on the SQLCA connection object and then issue a CONNECT statement within your application code. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:33:22 -0800 (PST), anand_icomm <anand09011982@gmail.com> wrote: &g...

connecting to database from powerbuilder
Hello, Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder other than transaction objects.. Thanks in advance Suby a powerbuilder application needs transaction objects to interact with any dbms. what functionality are you trying to build? sanjiv. <Suby> wrote in message news:42d4b61b.3c60.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > Is there any way to connect to database from powerbuilder > other than transaction objects.. > Thanks in advance > Suby Hi The transaction object is the object to be used to connect to any database? What do you...

powerbuilder database connections
I receive this error message when I try to connect the dbclient. "unable to start, server not found" When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive these errors: unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL could not load interface for specified database Please help Stephane In article <TcVR68XL9GA.205@forums.powersoft.com>, viaust@rmoc.ca says... >> When I try to connect to any type of database in Powerbuilder, I receive >> these errors: >> unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL >> could not load interface for specified ...

powerbuilder database connections
When I connect to any database using Powerbuilder 4.0 I get the following error messages: unable to start, server not found Could not load interface for specified database unable to load Powersoft ODBC DLL Please help Stephane Stephane, The system can't find PBODB040.DLL. HTH, Carson ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com chager@dyn-data.com ******** Are You Ready for the Web ******** ...

dsn less connect
Will a deployed pk 2.5.1 app connect to sqlanywhere 10 using a dsn- less connection like Powerbuilder will? Yes. You may need to use DRIVER=<full_path_odbc_driver_dll> as there is no context of a registered driver name. -- Chris Keating **************************************** Please only post to the newsgroup SQL Anywhere Developer Community http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner SQL Anywhere Blog Center http://www.sybase.com/sqlanyblogs Maintenance releases and EBFs http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm Use Case Express to report b...

Web resources about - Database Connectivity ( DSN Less ) - sybase.powerbuilder.general

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Mark Zuckerberg Goes Into Detail On Facebook Connectivity Lab, Internet.org
Perhaps Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is just a wee bit excited about the Connectivity Lab , the initiative aimed at using high-altitude ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Facebook, Internet.org launch Connectivity Lab
... CEO Mark Zuckerberg shed some light on the company’s acquisition of drone-maker Titan Aerospace, announcing the launch of Facebook’s Connectivity ...

Samsung Galaxy S3: Connectivity demo - USB OTG, MHL, bluetooth keyboards/mice, games controllers - YouTube ...
AndroidNZ.net - the best source for Galaxy S3 content! For navigation in the video use these links: USB Pendrive @0:55, 500GB portable drive ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

Connectivity is key in society
They’re billing it as the place where Lewisham meets Summer Hill meets the city – and with good reason.

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...