Data type conversion from oracle to powerbuilder

Hello,

I am working with oracle 8.0(netware 4.2) & pb-7 (win98).

When I put null value in number field of oracle and try to retrieve data
from pb at development time or at runtime it gives data conversion error. It
give error: pb support only 18decemial point. Actual value in that field is
null. Why it is happaning?

Chintan

0
Chintan

Data type 'long' of Oracle vs Powerbuilder
Does any one have a idea of using oracle field of type 'long' in datawindow? or powerbuilder? the story is following: I have one mis application that user need to entry a lot of text into database (in order entry). While the field type of varchar can only support 2000 characters the most. So we decide to use 'long' type field, and the problem happen, I don't know how to access long type field in Powerbuilder (I use pb5.0) .. Does everyone know anything? help me. a very urgent man in computer room.....:( You can retrieve those fields via a datawi...

Data type 'long' of Oracle vs Powerbuilder
Does any one have a idea of using oracle field of type 'long' in datawindow? or powerbuilder? the story is following: I have one mis application that user need to entry a lot of text into database (in order entry). While the field type of varchar can only support 2000 characters the most. So we decide to use 'long' type field, and the problem happen, I don't know how to access long type field in Powerbuilder (I use pb5.0) .. Does everyone know anything? help me. a very urgent man in computer room.....:( Take a look at the SelectBlob(), UpdateBlo...

Problem: Different Data type in Oracle 8.0.4 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I've enountered a problem, i.e. in the PowerBuilder script, I need to select one table in Oracle 8, but the field type in Oracle is Number, I can't get the data because the script doesn't support the type Number. For Example create table UserRole ( UserName varchar2(12), PassWord varchar2(12), RoleNum Number(1)); in the script: strUser = sle_1.text; strPass = sle_2.text; integer nRole select RoleNum into :nRole from UserRole where UserName = :strUser and PassWord = :strPass But it doesn't work, would you be kind enough to offer me a solution or...

Powerbuilder data types
Is there a comprehensive list of the data types that PB can support within Powerscript. I checked the Help, but the list seems too short. TIA. Fred. Fred -- Pull up the object browser. I didn't do an exhaustive review, but it looks like you can declare variables of any type that's listed under the following tabs: window menu user object system enumerated structure data type HTH Ron Gallagher, CPDP Atlanta, GA rongallagher@mindspring.com fdefranco wrote in message ... >Is there a comprehensive list of the data types that PB can support within &...

The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type!!
hello all .. I have a form that includes two textboxes (Date and Version) .. When I try to insert the record I get the following error message .. seems that something wrong with my coversion (Data type)"The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.The statement has been terminated."   in my SQL database I have the date feild as datetime and the version as nvarchar(max) this is the code in the vb page .. Can you please tell me how to solve this problem?Imports System.Data.SqlClient Imports system.web.configuration ...

Powerbuilder, Oracle and Data Formats
I have a datawindow connected to an Oracle 7.3 database. If I specify a date in that datawindow object's WHERE clause, then the retrieve errors off on me with an "Invalid Month". The only fix that I have found is to put the to_date() function around my date, specifying the format. Which would be great, save for the fact that that makes my datawindow backend dependant, which is unacceptable for this particular project. I have also tried using the date and date time format fields in the Syntax tab of the connection profiles window, to no avail. Has anyone a fix for th...

Powerbuilder Numeric data types...
Hi, I have seen several threads on this topic but was unable to find something that suites my needs. We are doing some PB6.5 to PB9 conversions here. There is a problem with decimal limit being 18digits...I guess it was bad in PB6.5 and corrected later on. I need to be able to represent the following number in some form and also be able to do some arithmetic on it. 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999.99 I have data coming into a function and I need do things like this. dec ldc_26_2 = 999999999999999999999999.99 //of course this will not work... If aData > ldc_26_2 th...

The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted....
Hi, I'm trying to insert a date time value into a SQL Server Database field of type date time using a c# web form. I get the following error.... "The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value. The statement has been terminated" My SQL looks like this: INSERT INTO tblname (fldname) VALUES ('" + DateTime.Now.ToString() + "')" What am I doing wrong?"There is no such thing as a bug, just an unexpected feature." Remove the ToString() method as that is changing the DateTime type t...

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value
After clicking my update button I'm receiving this error:    The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value. The statement has been terminated. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value. The statement has been...

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.
After testing out the application i write on the local pc. I deploy it to the webserver to test it out. I get this error. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value. Notes: all pages that have this error either has a repeater or datagrid which load data when page loading. At first I thought the problem is with the date, but then I can see that some other pages that has datagrid ( that has a date field) work just fine. anyone having this problem before?? hopefully you guys can help...

The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range ...
Hi,I couldn't understand why I can´t convert the date. I use dd/mm/yyyy, and I put the correct sintax in my code: CType(tbVencimento.Text, Date)but it conti nues recording inside of my database like mm/dd/yyyy, why?and every moment I receive this error message:The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.The statement has been terminated.Please, help!Thanks a lot!Raphael Amador You should use DateTime.ParseExact to get the format changed.Dim s As Strings = "25/12/2005"Dim d As DateTimed = DateTime.ParseExact(s, "dd/MM/yyyy", Nothing...

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

The conversion of a varchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value.
Hi Guys, I've tried reseasrching this problem on the internet without success. I'm UK based and Classic ASP trained but having problems with asp.net (VB) Inserting "Date" Data into an inherited MS-SQL Server 2008 table's date field. 1.) In webconfig's System.Web section I have added the following: <globalization culture="en-GB" uiCulture="en-GB" /> ' so I'm now hoping all dates can be handled as dd/MM/yyyy! 2.) In SQL Server the "Default Value or Binding" for the quote_date field is set to '...

Help : Disallowed implicit conversion from data type ntext to data type varchar,.
Hi all,        i have feedback table with column comments1(varchar) & comments(ntext) ..i tried to copy the content from column Comments to another comments1 column,It shows the follwing error..My Query is ,                 "   update feedback set comments1=comments    "Error :Disallowed implicit conversion from data type ntext to data type varchar, table 'Test.dbo.feedback', column 'comments1'. Use the CONVERT function to run this query. ...

Web resources about - Data type conversion from oracle to powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles