Data Migration from Sybase ASE Database to MS-SQL Database

Hi

I don't know if this forum is still active. Anyway if anybody has a
faint idea to my problem please reply

We are trying to migrate a powerbuilder application from a Sybase ASE
Database to MS-SQL Server Database. Since its a huge application we
wanted to minimise the amount of manula effort involved.

I would like to know about any automated tool in the market which does
the conversion  for us. I assume the conversion will include all changes
to specific Sybase specific functions called within Dynamic SQL
statements, within Datawindow SQL's and if it can convert the sybase
stored procedures/triggers to eqvivalent code.

Your answer will be appreciated.
Thanks
Sandeep
sanrg@hotmail.com

0
Sandeep

How to create SQL Mobile 2005 database from a MS SQL 2005 database?
Hi guys,I'm trying to find solutions to help me in creating a SQL Mobile 2005 database from a SQL 2005 database, with the same table structure and data.May I know how can I achieve this?Thanks.Regards,Jenson Hi Jenson, Visual Studio 2005 or SQL Server 2005 is able to open SQL Mobile 2005 database. However you need either SQL or .NET code to convert SQL Mobile 2005 database this way. Here is an example from MSDN forums which is to convert to xls instead: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=78640&SiteID=1Zhao Ji MaSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Suppo...

migrate access database to sql anywhere database
I am having trouble migrating a Microsoft Access database to SQL Anywhere database. Has anyone done this? I would like to use this database in sql anywhere to utilize the native drivers. Thankyou in advance david You can use the pipeline to migrate all tables. If you have a tool like Powerdesigner, you can reverse engineer the database structure. BTW, SQLAnywhere uses ODBC. There are no native drivers. Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) David Bowles <davidb@goodnet.com> wrote in article <34738A77.2C758640@goodnet.com>... > I am having trouble migrating a Microsoft ...

New errors access MS SQL Server Database on (CREATE DATABASE and Batch SQL Statement)
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C2F2CB.0C201FF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running ActiveState perl 5.8.0 on a WIN2K box with MS SQL Server = 2000. Recently I updated DBD-ODBC to v1.05 and DBI to v1.35 Now I get the following errors executing some sql commands CREATE SQLSTMT:[CREATE DATABASE POMS_SER ON (NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_DAT', = FILENAME =3D 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_SER_Data.MDF', SIZE =3D 10MB) LOG ON = ( NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_LOG', FILENAME =3D = 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_S...

local msde SQL database to host MS SQL 2000 database w/o Enterprise manager possible?
I have msde on my computer and i was wondering if was possible to upload my CSK database from it to my hosts MS SQL 200 database. I dont have Enterprise manager or anything like that but i am using VS.NET The simplest way would be to grap a 3rd party tool that can provide enterprise manager like functionality for you. There are several out there ranging from free to cheap. Search google for MSDE managment tools. You might get lucky and find one that does something similar to DTS for transferring objects and data from one server to another. Otherwise, if you have a version of VS.NET that...

Can you convert access database data over to an SQL Database?
I would like to start using SQL, how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? Q.Xykal:how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? In Access, there is an upsizing/conversion tool you can run to create an equivalent SQL Server DB.Atlernatively you can also use SQL Server to import all the tables/data from Access.  This is very good news. Thank you....

upload image to MS Access database or SQL database
howto upload image, picture,files or binary into the MS Access database or SQL database? and how to read the image, picture, files or binary from the MS Access or SQL database? Anyone have any idea or sample script?Thanks & Regards--"Don't just always label good or bad about something, always have something is invisible from nude eyesight. " Below link could helps you for your question http://authors.aspalliance.com/das/insertimage.aspxSreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Thank You sreedhark This also http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/fileupload.a...

saving the data of FCK Editor to MS SQL sever Database and MS word file
hi, I'm building an web application using Visual Studio 2008, ASP.NET, C# languag i have FCk editor integrated inside one of the webpages, I dont know how to save  the data written in text area of FCK editor to the database (MS SQL SERVER) as well as save the same data to  MS word file.. plz help me as soon as possible eiter with code or with a link... response awaited thanX Rakesh  One point you should bear in mind if you allow others to use that web page - the html should be validated to check that it only contains allowed markup. There is the basis ...

Connecting to Sql database and retrieving one row of data from database
Hi Guys.I am trying to connect to a Sql Database in my application through an object of SqlConnection class,then trying to read data one row at a time through DataRow class and then displaying each column(there are total 3 columns in a row) in three textboxes.Can anyone tell me the code to do so? Hi, Reffer this link for connecting with sql server and also with Insert update Delete and select statements http://www.aspsnippets.com/post/2009/02/09/Parameterized-Queries-ADONet.aspx   Best Regardslife is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps...

Call data from database and change data in database.
How can I call the value of a field from a database and then use an "if" to do different things when the user clicks on a button? Also, how can I then change that value of the field when I want to? Thanks, Sam  Could you please explain the question in detail.......     From the question, we can get the value by   OdbcConnection con = new OdbcConnection(); con.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectionStringName"].ConnectionString; con.Open(); OdbcCommand cmd = new OdbcCommand("SELECT ID FROM tabl...

Need help switching from MS Access database to SQL database
I recently created a form to MS access database web application and it worked fine on my local cpu.  When I published the same web app to my hosting server the program wouldn't work but I couldn't understand.  Well, after researching the matter I found out my hosting server doesn't allow ASP.NET applications that use the aspcompat page directive because of security trust levels.  So, I decided to switch to a SQL database but I can't even test the web application on my local cpu because I get this error "An error has occurred while establishing a connection...

SQL 2005
In ZCM, how do you change the name of the server which the ZCM database resides on? We'd like to migrate the ZCM database (SQL 2005) to a different server. The entire environment runs on Windows 2003. I checked the data sources administration tool. I didn't see any data sources configured. Jason L. Jason, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.nov...

Accessing Data Structure of a MS SQL Database
I have written 5 content-management systems and am getting a little bored writing a lot of the same functionality and tweaking it for different datamodels.  Is there a way within .NET to have visibility of a database's structure (ie, data type, column names, foreign keys etc)?  I'd like to write up a dynamically generated form for any given table, displaying appropriate form controls based on data type and foreign keys.I never lose, some people are just better than me at winning. Have you explored the sys objects (assuming you're using sql server 2005). ...

Unable to retrive data from MS SQL Database
I have a locally installed MS SQL server 2000. I am trying to retrieve the contents of the table onto a datagrid. But when I use the user name and password, It gives the following errorSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'aroop'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.   string connectionString = "server=(local); uid=aroop; pwd=abcdef; database=mydb";   string commandString = "select * from mytable";   SqlDataAdapter dataAdapter = new SqlDataAdapter(commandString, connectionS...

Migrate XML data to the SQL Server database.
Hi, I have a xml file containing the data populated from a table using write xml method. I want to migrate this data to another table with the same column mappings as that of the source table. To put it simply, TABLE A -> XML -> TABLE B (Column mappings of TABLE A & B are same) I'm able to ... a. create the xml data from the source table (TABLE A) b. Reading the xml data and populate a dataset. I'm unable to update this dataset to the destination table (TABLE B) My code... (Say I have the dataset 'OldDataset' having populated with...

Web resources about - Data Migration from Sybase ASE Database to MS-SQL Database - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow
EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow

Security is a major concern for cloud migrations
... Moreover, 40 percent worry about the loss of physical control over data in the cloud. In particular, 69 percent of companies fear migration ...

THE US EMV MIGRATION REPORT: What new chip cards mean for consumers, issuers, and merchants
... includes cards that store user information on a chip rather than a magnetic stripe — to make card-present payments more secure. The migration, ...

Migration to Windows 10 to be fastest yet, says Gartner
Windows 10 is poised to become the most widely installed version of Windows ever, following on the path of Windows XP and Windows 7 before it, ...

Huawei, Telefonica Partner on Enterprises Cloud Migration
The first countries where the enterprise cloud service will be deployed are Brazil, Mexico and Chile during the first quarter of 2016.

Africa-Europe: The politics of migration
While Western eyes have recently focused on the east and arrivals from Syria and Afghanistan, people from a dozen or so African countries continue ...

High skilled migration and global innovation
... using a multi-country endogenous growth model. The proposed framework introduces and quantifies a “frontier growth effect” of skilled migration: ...

MarTech Today: Google’s Rich Snippets, Dynamic Number Insertion & Site Migration
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing ...

6 ways to cut the cost and pain of a Windows 10 migration
... past two years, the cost and frustration was not only high, the resources required were crippling. But ready or not, chances are a new migration ...