ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 2 resulted in an overflow

Hi,

I have a SQLCA connection object to a ASE 12.0 Server.

The following SELECT results in an error:
ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of
result set item 2 resulted in an overflow

The same SELECT in SQL Advantage works perfect.


sz_uses_zontalk_1 = ""
sz_uses_zontalk_2 = ""
ls_TerminalId = sz_terminal_id

SELECT  ISNULL(dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_1,''),
         ISNULL(dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_2,'')
   INTO  :sz_uses_zontalk_1,
    :sz_uses_zontalk_2
   FROM dba.tab_terminal
 WHERE dba.tab_terminal.pk_terminal_id = :ls_TerminalId
 USING SQLCA ;

//Pr�fen
If SQLCA.sqlcode <> 0 Then
 isz_errortext = "Datenbankfehler - of_apply_uses - " + SQLCA.sqlerrtext
 Return False
End If

SQLCA.sqlcode = -1:

Fehler!-Datenbankfehler - of_apply_uses - ct_fetch(): user api layer:
internal common library error: The bind of result set item 2 resulted in an
overflow. - SW:PT-A35.0708.030101A401A4 SN:92610032 TID:65580643


Anyone, who can give me a hint, where I have to search for the error?

Thanks
Oliver



--
Oliver Lorenz
IT-Development-Manager
ADT Jalex GmbH / Germany
o-lorenz@wellcom.de




0
Oliver
8/29/2002 1:33:27 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 18 followers. Follow

4 Replies
3685 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

What are the datatypes of sz_uses_zontalk_1 and sz_uses_zontalk_2?  What are the
datatypes of columns dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_1 and
dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_2?

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:33:27 +0200,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Oliver Lorenz <o-lorenz@wellcom.de> wrote: 
>Hi,
>
>I have a SQLCA connection object to a ASE 12.0 Server.
>
>The following SELECT results in an error:
>ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of
>result set item 2 resulted in an overflow
>
>The same SELECT in SQL Advantage works perfect.
>
>
>sz_uses_zontalk_1 = ""
>sz_uses_zontalk_2 = ""
>ls_TerminalId = sz_terminal_id
>
>SELECT  ISNULL(dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_1,''),
>         ISNULL(dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_2,'')
>   INTO  :sz_uses_zontalk_1,
>    :sz_uses_zontalk_2
>   FROM dba.tab_terminal
> WHERE dba.tab_terminal.pk_terminal_id = :ls_TerminalId
> USING SQLCA ;
>
>//Pr�fen
>If SQLCA.sqlcode <> 0 Then
> isz_errortext = "Datenbankfehler - of_apply_uses - " + SQLCA.sqlerrtext
> Return False
>End If
>
>SQLCA.sqlcode = -1:
>
>Fehler!-Datenbankfehler - of_apply_uses - ct_fetch(): user api layer:
>internal common library error: The bind of result set item 2 resulted in an
>overflow. - SW:PT-A35.0708.030101A401A4 SN:92610032 TID:65580643
>
>
>Anyone, who can give me a hint, where I have to search for the error?
>
>Thanks
>Oliver
>
>
>
>--
>Oliver Lorenz
>IT-Development-Manager
>ADT Jalex GmbH / Germany
>o-lorenz@wellcom.de
>
>
>
>

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com

Preach the gospel at all times.  If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
http://www.needhim.org

NOTE:  Please do NOT attempt to post to these newsgroups through news services
such as Google, as your messages will NOT appear on the server.  Google is great
for searching, but if you want to use a web based newsreader to post, use the
one at my.sybase.com or
www.pfcguide.com.
0
Bruce
8/30/2002 6:46:45 AM
string sz_uses_zontalk_1
string sz_uses_zontalk_2

dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_1 varchar(12) null
dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_2 varchar(12) null

PowerBuilder Version 7.0.3 Build 10108

ASE 12.0.0.4 SWR 10051 ESD 2

Windows NT 4.0 SP 6

--
Oliver Lorenz
IT-Development-Manager
ADT Jalex GmbH / Germany
o-lorenz@wellcom.de


"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:YobkBE$TCHA.81@forums.sybase.com...
> What are the datatypes of sz_uses_zontalk_1 and sz_uses_zontalk_2?  What
are the
> datatypes of columns dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_1 and
> dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_2?
>
> On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:33:27 +0200,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> Oliver Lorenz <o-lorenz@wellcom.de> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a SQLCA connection object to a ASE 12.0 Server.
> >
> >The following SELECT results in an error:
> >ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of
> >result set item 2 resulted in an overflow
> >
> >The same SELECT in SQL Advantage works perfect.
> >
> >
> >sz_uses_zontalk_1 = ""
> >sz_uses_zontalk_2 = ""
> >ls_TerminalId = sz_terminal_id
> >
> >SELECT  ISNULL(dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_1,''),
> >         ISNULL(dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_2,'')
> >   INTO  :sz_uses_zontalk_1,
> >    :sz_uses_zontalk_2
> >   FROM dba.tab_terminal
> > WHERE dba.tab_terminal.pk_terminal_id = :ls_TerminalId
> > USING SQLCA ;
> >
> >//Pr�fen
> >If SQLCA.sqlcode <> 0 Then
> > isz_errortext = "Datenbankfehler - of_apply_uses - " + SQLCA.sqlerrtext
> > Return False
> >End If
> >
> >SQLCA.sqlcode = -1:
> >
> >Fehler!-Datenbankfehler - of_apply_uses - ct_fetch(): user api layer:
> >internal common library error: The bind of result set item 2 resulted in
an
> >overflow. - SW:PT-A35.0708.030101A401A4 SN:92610032 TID:65580643
> >
> >
> >Anyone, who can give me a hint, where I have to search for the error?
> >
> >Thanks
> >Oliver
> >
> >
> >
> >--
> >Oliver Lorenz
> >IT-Development-Manager
> >ADT Jalex GmbH / Germany
> >o-lorenz@wellcom.de
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times.  If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org
>
> NOTE:  Please do NOT attempt to post to these newsgroups through news
services
> such as Google, as your messages will NOT appear on the server.  Google is
great
> for searching, but if you want to use a web based newsreader to post, use
the
> one at my.sybase.com or
> www.pfcguide.com.


0
Oliver
8/30/2002 7:36:53 AM
Very strange.  The error message means that the amount of data that came back
from the select was larger than the variable that was bound to it.  Put the
database connection in trace mode and see how the statement is getting bound.

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:36:53 +0200,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Oliver Lorenz <o-lorenz@wellcom.de> wrote: 
>string sz_uses_zontalk_1
>string sz_uses_zontalk_2
>
>dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_1 varchar(12) null
>dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_2 varchar(12) null
>
>PowerBuilder Version 7.0.3 Build 10108
>
>ASE 12.0.0.4 SWR 10051 ESD 2
>
>Windows NT 4.0 SP 6
>
>--
>Oliver Lorenz
>IT-Development-Manager
>ADT Jalex GmbH / Germany
>o-lorenz@wellcom.de
>
>
>"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
>schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:YobkBE$TCHA.81@forums.sybase.com...
>> What are the datatypes of sz_uses_zontalk_1 and sz_uses_zontalk_2?  What
>are the
>> datatypes of columns dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_1 and
>> dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_2?
>>
>> On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:33:27 +0200,
>>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>> Oliver Lorenz <o-lorenz@wellcom.de> wrote:
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I have a SQLCA connection object to a ASE 12.0 Server.
>> >
>> >The following SELECT results in an error:
>> >ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of
>> >result set item 2 resulted in an overflow
>> >
>> >The same SELECT in SQL Advantage works perfect.
>> >
>> >
>> >sz_uses_zontalk_1 = ""
>> >sz_uses_zontalk_2 = ""
>> >ls_TerminalId = sz_terminal_id
>> >
>> >SELECT  ISNULL(dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_1,''),
>> >         ISNULL(dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_2,'')
>> >   INTO  :sz_uses_zontalk_1,
>> >    :sz_uses_zontalk_2
>> >   FROM dba.tab_terminal
>> > WHERE dba.tab_terminal.pk_terminal_id = :ls_TerminalId
>> > USING SQLCA ;
>> >
>> >//Pr�fen
>> >If SQLCA.sqlcode <> 0 Then
>> > isz_errortext = "Datenbankfehler - of_apply_uses - " + SQLCA.sqlerrtext
>> > Return False
>> >End If
>> >
>> >SQLCA.sqlcode = -1:
>> >
>> >Fehler!-Datenbankfehler - of_apply_uses - ct_fetch(): user api layer:
>> >internal common library error: The bind of result set item 2 resulted in
>an
>> >overflow. - SW:PT-A35.0708.030101A401A4 SN:92610032 TID:65580643
>> >
>> >
>> >Anyone, who can give me a hint, where I have to search for the error?
>> >
>> >Thanks
>> >Oliver
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >--
>> >Oliver Lorenz
>> >IT-Development-Manager
>> >ADT Jalex GmbH / Germany
>> >o-lorenz@wellcom.de
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> http://www.teamsybase.com
>>
>> Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
>> http://www.pb9books.com
>>
>> Preach the gospel at all times.  If necessary, use words. - Francis of
>Assisi
>> http://www.needhim.org
>>
>> NOTE:  Please do NOT attempt to post to these newsgroups through news
>services
>> such as Google, as your messages will NOT appear on the server.  Google is
>great
>> for searching, but if you want to use a web based newsreader to post, use
>the
>> one at my.sybase.com or
>> www.pfcguide.com.
>
>

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com

Preach the gospel at all times.  If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce
8/31/2002 1:12:31 AM
SORRY!

It was my mistake.

I have another SELECT INTO before the SELECT INTO, which reported the error.
The SELECT INTO before tried to select a value of 50.000 into a integer
variable
and had no error handling.

Thanks for your help.
Oliver



--
Oliver Lorenz
IT-Development-Manager
ADT Jalex GmbH / Germany
o-lorenz@wellcom.de


"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:mAlH7tIUCHA.258@forums.sybase.com...
> Very strange.  The error message means that the amount of data that came
back
> from the select was larger than the variable that was bound to it.  Put
the
> database connection in trace mode and see how the statement is getting
bound.
>
> On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:36:53 +0200,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> Oliver Lorenz <o-lorenz@wellcom.de> wrote:
> >string sz_uses_zontalk_1
> >string sz_uses_zontalk_2
> >
> >dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_1 varchar(12) null
> >dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_2 varchar(12) null
> >
> >PowerBuilder Version 7.0.3 Build 10108
> >
> >ASE 12.0.0.4 SWR 10051 ESD 2
> >
> >Windows NT 4.0 SP 6
> >
> >--
> >Oliver Lorenz
> >IT-Development-Manager
> >ADT Jalex GmbH / Germany
> >o-lorenz@wellcom.de
> >
> >
> >"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
> >schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:YobkBE$TCHA.81@forums.sybase.com...
> >> What are the datatypes of sz_uses_zontalk_1 and sz_uses_zontalk_2?
What
> >are the
> >> datatypes of columns dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_1 and
> >> dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_2?
> >>
> >> On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:33:27 +0200,
> >>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> >> Oliver Lorenz <o-lorenz@wellcom.de> wrote:
> >> >Hi,
> >> >
> >> >I have a SQLCA connection object to a ASE 12.0 Server.
> >> >
> >> >The following SELECT results in an error:
> >> >ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of
> >> >result set item 2 resulted in an overflow
> >> >
> >> >The same SELECT in SQL Advantage works perfect.
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >sz_uses_zontalk_1 = ""
> >> >sz_uses_zontalk_2 = ""
> >> >ls_TerminalId = sz_terminal_id
> >> >
> >> >SELECT  ISNULL(dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_1,''),
> >> >         ISNULL(dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_2,'')
> >> >   INTO  :sz_uses_zontalk_1,
> >> >    :sz_uses_zontalk_2
> >> >   FROM dba.tab_terminal
> >> > WHERE dba.tab_terminal.pk_terminal_id = :ls_TerminalId
> >> > USING SQLCA ;
> >> >
> >> >//Pr�fen
> >> >If SQLCA.sqlcode <> 0 Then
> >> > isz_errortext = "Datenbankfehler - of_apply_uses - " +
SQLCA.sqlerrtext
> >> > Return False
> >> >End If
> >> >
> >> >SQLCA.sqlcode = -1:
> >> >
> >> >Fehler!-Datenbankfehler - of_apply_uses - ct_fetch(): user api layer:
> >> >internal common library error: The bind of result set item 2 resulted
in
> >an
> >> >overflow. - SW:PT-A35.0708.030101A401A4 SN:92610032 TID:65580643
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >Anyone, who can give me a hint, where I have to search for the error?
> >> >
> >> >Thanks
> >> >Oliver
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >--
> >> >Oliver Lorenz
> >> >IT-Development-Manager
> >> >ADT Jalex GmbH / Germany
> >> >o-lorenz@wellcom.de
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> >> http://www.teamsybase.com
> >>
> >> Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> >> http://www.pb9books.com
> >>
> >> Preach the gospel at all times.  If necessary, use words. - Francis of
> >Assisi
> >> http://www.needhim.org
> >>
> >> NOTE:  Please do NOT attempt to post to these newsgroups through news
> >services
> >> such as Google, as your messages will NOT appear on the server.  Google
is
> >great
> >> for searching, but if you want to use a web based newsreader to post,
use
> >the
> >> one at my.sybase.com or
> >> www.pfcguide.com.
> >
> >
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times.  If necessary, use words. - Francis of
> Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org


0
Oliver
9/2/2002 12:47:11 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Why?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C57265.CDDC7E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I execute the UPDATE command appears the following error ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 2 resulted in truncation. VERSION Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.3/EBF 12331 ESD#1/P/Sun_svr4/OS = 5.8/ase1253/1900/64-bit/FBO/Tue Jan 25 08:52:58 2005=20 Thanks. Romulo Igor RGS / BRASIL GOODCARD.com.br ------=_NextPart_000_0...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi all, I'm using ASE 11.9.2, and I often getting this timeout message(CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.) when I try to log on using isql or sybase central. We are testing with a lot of users and connect to a lot of remote databases using CIS. I can't even log on to shutdown the server. When I issue an netstat -a | grep port number that sybase listening, I get a report like this. datanet1.10032 datanet1.47437 32768 0 32768 0 CLOSE_WAIT datanet1.10032 datanet1.47...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL Try increasing the retry_attempts and delay_interval parameters in the interfaces file. Make sure the IP address or hos...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1 on DG/UX, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

BCP error: cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error
On AIX, I am trying to BCP into a Sybase 11.5 server, data that was unloaded using BCP on Sybase 10 server and get the following msg: CSLIB Message: - L0/O0/S0/N24/1/0: cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The conversion/operation was stopped due to a syntax error in the source field. Can anyone help me with this problem? I read somewhere in this newsgroup that EBF 8060 will fix this problem. Has anyone tried out this EBF? Will it work for Sybase on AIX? Thanks I. Kassam Hi, I'm answering this post for the sake of the archive. Most likely t...

PB7 DataWindow Error - ct_fetch
Hi all, I'm using PB7 with ASE 15.0 and I come up with error : Select error : ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 1 resulted in an overflow. Any help would be highly apreciated :-) Dimitris Agelakis ...

Why does a simple select query in Microsoft Access return the error [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has
I have applied the information from support document 10447954 but that does not solve the problem. I am running a simple select query with one criteria from one table. Thanks. ...

Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed
I have applied the information contained in support document 10447954. That did not resolve the problem. I am running a simple query with one criteria and one table Thanks. Hi Bill, The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for DirectConnect product) so you might have a completely different problem. The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client Library based) or prior since the message indicates CtLib info. You might want to post more details involved with getting to this error. You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC driver, including Open ...

bcp in help : cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error:
can some one give a work around for this bcp data file. I'm having problem to import/bcp in to the table due to some bad data I guess. Thanx C:\>bcp prod1..table1 in d:\et\input.txt -c -t"," -Usa -P -S<server> Starting copy... CSLIB Message: - L0/O0/S0/N36/1/0: cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The result is truncated because the conversion/operation resulted in overflow. 1000 rows sent to SQL Server. 2000 rows sent to SQL Server. CSLIB Message: - L0/O0/S0/N36/1/0: cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The result is ...

ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
We are experiencing intermittent, unexplained errors with the following text: "ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." There are absolutely no errors in the error log when these errors occur. Our server is accessible immediately before and after, but the various components cannot connect when these split-second errors occur. Here is our current version info: Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.0.0.1/P/SWR 9264 ESD 3/Sun_svr4/OS 5.6/1629/32bit0 Fingers are pointing at me and the database ("Hey, I can't connec...

Result RESULT?
Hello. I was looking at what is going on in TB 2.0.0.24 development. There is test results "result: RESULT" and "Status: RESULT". What does that mean? It is waiting for result, it has passed the test, it has results, but they has not been analyzed? What? Still TBD in releases-page. Pretty slow for security fix. Timo Pietil� On 16/02/10 09:26, Timo Pietil� wrote: > Hello. > > I was looking at what is going on in TB 2.0.0.24 development. There is > test results "result: RESULT" and "Status: RESULT". What does that mean? &...

Error returning result set from MTS
Hi PBers and Bruce, Here it goes... >Bruce wrote: >What happens if you change that last one to: > >ADOResultSet lrs_resultset It doesn't works since I must to use GenerateResultSet function that expects a resultset object as argument. So I did the following changes at ResultAsADO function that didn't works too. lrs_ADOResultSet = CREATE ADOResultSet lrs_ADOResultSet.SetResultSet(lrs_resultset) return lrs_ADOResultSet I declare this lrs_ADOResultSet as private instance variable like the others. The error is the same. In client doesn't matter ...

DB-Library Error:20049 Data-conversion resulted in overflow.
We are getting the following error while execution a stored procedure from PB7.0 Build 7023 within Sybase 11.0.3: DB-Library Error:20049 Severity:4 Message:Data-conversion resulted in overflow. This problem seems to stem from invalid data or a data-length problem. But, my question is, does anyone know if and why such an error can cause the application to hang. It never seems to return an invalid SQL Code, even thought we are checking for one. I'm not sure how to begin resolving this one. Thanks in advance, Craig Rix Craig Rix wrote: > > We are getting ...

Web resources about - ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 2 resulted in an overflow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Resources last updated: 1/19/2016 5:00:24 PM