Crosstab DW #2

How can i get the column names in a Crosstab DW, is there an example or
some code you can provide me?

I would appreciate your help

Vladimir
0
Vladimir_Delgado

To get the list of columns you can do
count = integer(dw_x.Describe("DataWindow.Column.Count"))
for i = 1 to count
  name[i] = dw_x.Describe("#" + string(i) + ".name")
next

if by columns you mean columns and expressions then you would do
tab_list = dw_x.Describe("DataWindow.Objects")

then parse that tab separated list and check objects types using construct like
type[i] = dw_x.Describe(object_name + ".type")
if type[i] = "column" or type[i] = "compute" then ....

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:22:23 -0500,
 <Vladimir_Delgado> wrote:
>How can i get the column names in a Crosstab DW, is there an example or
>some code you can provide me?
>
>I would appreciate your help
>
>Vladimir

Dmitriy

Sharing data between 2 nested DWs: a graphic DW and a crosstab DW
I got a composite DW with lots of nested DWs. Among them, I have a graph DW and a crosstab DW with the same SQL. As the amount of lines retrieved is above 20,000, I'd like to share the data between the 2 nested DWs. First, I put an argument in each one, so the graph DW brings all the lines, and the crosstab DW brings none. Then, after the retrieve of the composite DW, I get both datawindowchild and run ROWSCOPY from the graph to the crosstab (sharedata doesn't work for crosstab). After that, run SORT and GROUPCALC for the crosstab DW. The lines are copied, but the crosstab DW ...

crosstab dw #2
Hi, I have build a crosstab datawindow for my report, and design it with logo, title...etc readjust column,hide...etc. But, now, i need to modify my query. But, once i modify my query, like convert date to string, and select ok, my previous design get messed up,it get fallback to original. What can I do to avoid this? Please help. Thank you. Hi Genie, You may want to "edit source" instead of using the dw painter. Right click on the dw in system tree and select it from the pop up. hth, Mark On 1/6/2011 3:22 AM, genie wrote: > Hi, > I have build a crosst...

How To copy rows from crosstab DW to crosstab DW
Hi All, i am using pb8 and i am trying to copy rows from crosstab DW to crosstab DW, But the return code is -1 why? How can i copy rows from crosstab to crosstab or shardata from crosstab to crosstab? thanks david ...

Sorting a crosstab dw #2
Hi all. I have a crosstab DW that is sorted by its first column, both in the sql sentence and in the DW itself. Once retrieved it is not shown in the correct sort order. I looks like the sort order is done separately for each column across. Is this normal?. Is there a way to force a sort order after the retrieve() is complete? SetSort() and Sort() don't seem to work. TIA -- Diego Marrero Vega Tecnolog�as www.vegati.com 922-825052 667-515-517 1) It's pointless to have sort specified "both in the sql sentence and in the DW itself" 2) You might need to...

powerbuilder crashing during Crosstab DW execution
Hi Folks, My PB application is crashing whenever I am trying to run crosstab datawindow, During Design mode also, it crashes when i try to retrieve the data. I have Regenerated the entire PBL and that object also but all in vain. Currently I am using PB 9.0 build 5507. any help is appreciated. Thanks -Brijesh ...

What's compatible with DW.NET 2.0 and DW.NET 2.5?
The group I work with does nothing but PB applications. Finally there is some interest in moving some of our applications away from PB towards the .Net area. Currently we are not interested in what PB 11 is offering in the .NET area. We would like to be in a more 'native' .NET environment. Now with that being said , we are in the VERY early stages of using Visual Studio and Datawindow.NET. We have already found some issues with DW.NET 2.5 and VS 2008 that are making it difficult to move forward. So here is my question. What versions of VS and DW.NET actually work well tog...

What's compatible with DW.NET 2.0 and DW.NET 2.5
The group I work with does nothing but PB applications. Finally there is some interest in moving some of our applications away from PB towards the .Net area. Currently we are not interested in what PB 11 is offering in the .NET area. We would like to be in a more 'native' .NET environment. Now with that being said , we are in the VERY early stages of using Visual Studio and Datawindow.NET. We have already found some issues with DW.NET 2.5 and VS 2008 that are making it difficult to move forward. So here is my question. What versions of VS and DW.NET actually work well tog...

Header[1], Header[2] in Crosstab DW
I am working on a crosstab dw. I want to change the 'values' of crosstab on the fly. But when I change the 'values', the header and the extra summary fields which I added in design time disappear. It seems that the height of the header band changed to 0. I find that there are 2 bands Header[1] and Header[2], I try to modify the height of these band but can't find a way. If I use dw_1.Modify('datawindow.header.height=100'), it only affect the first header. But the syntax 'datawindow.header.1.height=100' only deal with group header. Is that I can...

Powerbuilder 6.5 Crosstab DW error
I have some problems with a crosstab DW. If i have 3 different columns, powerbuilder performs an illegal operation and crushes... Any ideas? Thanks ...

dw from pocket 2.5 to powerbuilder 10.5
Hi it�s possible migrate or export a dw from pocket 2.5 to powerbuilder 10.5...? When i try to import the dw to powerbuilder show: error syntax column 60 Thanks Karla Karla; Yes, I complained about this in the ISUG "enhancement sessions" at Techwave 2007. I think that Sybase needs to better coordinate PB & PK release features so that it becomes transparent to import or export any component. What I ended up doing (like in your case) is exporting the DW source and editing out the offending feature syntax (pain in the ass though). -- Regards ... Chri...

EA-Server 6.2 to PowerBuilder 11.2 EJB client update #2
I've been working off and on for the last couple of months in the attempt to create a model EA-Server 6.2 application that can return a PowerBuilder NVO and be used from PowerBuilder EA-Server clients, PowerBuilder EJB clients, generic EJB clients, and generic SOAP clients. As documented in previous threds that I started back in April, I was unable to get either of the PowerBuilder client models to successfully work with the returned NVO. My local Sybase branch connected me informally with a couple of folks from Sybase China and long story short, I was told to hang on unt...

Powerbuilder 7.0.2 #2
When will PB 7.0.2 be released? Jan Erik Here's a couple of factoids: - 7.0.1 was released early August - the last official statement from Sybase *I* heard regarding maintenance releases was that the period between maintenance releases was to be six months - while 7.0.1 came in quite early at 3.5 months (the EAStudio version looks like it will be closer to 4.5.- 5 months by the time we get it), other maintenance releases in the past couple of years have tended to be around 8 or 9 months coming - Sybase will never commit to a release date until it is out the door...

Power++ 2.5 DW flicker #2
Hi there ! Has anyone noticed the visual differences between the older Power++ 2.1 datawindow and the new one in Power++ 2.5 ? For instance if you have some kind of a row cursor on your DW and you move it, the new DW seems to all the time do a full repaint which causes the whole screen flicker a lot. Is there any workaround ? Thanks, Petr ...

Error using crosstab dw in a composite dw
Hi, I'm using a crosstab dw with retrieval arguments in a composite dw in PB 4. However when trying the same in PB 5, I'm getting an error message saying: You can't use an crosstab datawindow with arguments in a composite dw! Anyone having a solution to this? Best rgds/Harald Normann ...

Web resources about - Crosstab DW #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Inside the crosstabs: Why Republicans don't support a minimum-wage hike
Democrats are vowing to make the minimum wage a midterm issue and will start by making a push to raise it once Congress is back in session this ...

Crosstabs
Kyle Leighton looks at the effect Mitt Romney's 47% remarks had on the polls. Full size version....

Updated with crosstabs: Dead heat in the 23rd
With two weeks left in the special election for the 23rd Congressional seat, Democrat Bill Owens has turned a seven-point deficit into a four-point ...

Beware the Crosstabs! Part the Second - Ten Miles Square - The Washington Monthly
Last week I took someone to task for placing too much weight on Gallup’s reports of Latino voters supposedly disproportionate turn away from ...

David Goldstein (@GoldyHA) on Twitter

Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A graph showing the incarceration rate under state and federal jurisdiction per 100,000 population 1925-2008. Does not include prisoners held ...

Questions - Bill Clinton and Bush Tax Cuts - June 7-8, 2012 - Rasmussen Reports™
Rasmussen Reports - The best place to look for polls that are spot on

Market Data - ABI Research
technology market intelligence About About Us Management & Advisory Board Analysts Worldwide Locations Sourcing Guidelines Privacy Policy Research ...

One day later, pro-transportation tax forces say their side is winning
On Monday, Channel 2 Action News released an automated poll that put metro Atlanta support for a transportation sales tax at 42 percent – with ...

Why Gingrich is on top
A poll released today by Public Policy Polling shows former House Speaker Newt Gingrich capping off an amazing month’s rise by taking the lead ...