Crosstab DataWindows #2

I need to create a Crosstab DW that resumes the information from a table.
This table contains the following columns: Quarter, Products and Quantity
and I want to create a very simple Crosstab DW with this tree columns
(Column, Row and data respectively). Besides I would like to create a
computed field, that should go with each data field, that resumes the
percentage of increment of each quarter compared with the last one. Do you
know if it posible to create this computed field?

Jon

Crosstab datawindow #2
On a Crosstab datawindow, I use an expression to set both the Background.color and the color property for a column. When I run the application from PowerBuilder (version 6.5) everything works fine. However when I build an exe, the expression setting the Background.color property fails and the background for this column always appears as black. The font color though is okay. Does anyone know why the exe behaves differently. The application runs on Winodws NT 4.0 When you program behaves differently when you create the Exes this for me has always meant that you have the wrong...

CrossTab Datawindows #2
I need to export a crosstab datawindow to an excel spreadsheet, the saveas function does not bring the column headings into Excel or any Total values. Is there a way to get the column names from the crosstab datawindow from the code. Liam ...

CrossTab DataWindow #2
CrossTab DataWindow : It 's very nice to build quickly this kind of report ! But, It starts to become a nightmare when you've to change something like : Add a column, modify the SQL... All the graphic is reset (Compute fields are deleted, properties are reset...All the work has to be done again !) I'm just wondering if i can cary on to use this type of DW... Is it a bug PB or is there something to do to fix this problem ? I'm using PB 6.5. Tanks a lot for any suggestions ! ...

PowerBuilder DataWindow #2
Hi all, I have a requirement to implement a master-detail sheet. That's ok. However, based on the user-logged-in credential, the user may OR may not be able to edit the details part. Now I can easily implement this by adding a constraint while updating the details' data. if user_can_edit then update end if The problem is this: If the user is not entitled to make changes, he is still able to put focus to the details' form data and modify (of course I am not updating it)...but the user can get a feeling "oh I am able to modify the data". Is it so...

Percent in Crosstab Datawindow. #2
I need to put a percent next to value for all of my columns. involucre in crosstab. I tried to put a compute field next to the column ' valor_compra /crosstabsum(1)' and worked fine bud only for the last column. then i tried modified the crosstab definition adding a new value for the percent like this ' sum(valor_compra for crosstab) / crosstabsum(1) ' and the result was 0 in all of the columns. The point is i want to do something like this. Inventario 1 Inventario 1 Total Cliente 1 10 33% 20 66% ...

Crosstab Datawindow part 2
Hi... I have to make a crosstab report like this : Model Jan Feb Mar ....... Nov Dec A 1 10 0 0 4 B 4 0 1 4 7 C 3 1 0 0 3 But, if I only have data until Oct, the Nov and Dec will not appear in crosstab. Like this : Model Jan Feb Mar ....... Oct A 1 10 0 5 B 4 0 1 4 C 3 1 0 0 What can I do to show Nov and Dec in my crosstab, even they have no data and I want to show the zero number in Nov and Dec??? Thank you Eka Putra Jakarta - Indonesia. First create a select statement that will retrieve all months (jan to dec). Then make your crossta...

crosstab datawindow problem #2
I'm trying to add a second value column that uses the last() function. PB lets me save the crosstab definition, but if I try and run the app using this definition, or when I close and re-open the datawindow in the dev environment, I get a GPF. Using the count() method seems to work fine. Is there a known issue with the first/last/min/max methods (tried 'em all) in crosstabs? I'm using v7.03 build 10063. ...

crosstab datawindow crashing #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0386_01C91377.29598B60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Friends I have the this problem, I work with Pb 10.0 an Sybase 12.5, and when I = do Retrieve() at moment run exe, this report crash. Thank for any help --=20 Enrique Montalvan Arroyo Promotora de Turismo Nuevo Mundo Dpto de Sistemas BackOffice Telef 610-9346 ------=_NextPart_000_0386_01C91377.29598B60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-E...

crosstab datawindow problem #2
Hello, I have a crosstab dw with horizontal totals (crosstabsum()): http://www.marcomeoni.com/crosstab_right.jpg If I make some columns invisible, the totals DON'T change. http://www.marcomeoni.com/crosstab_wrong.jpg how can I solve? Cheers, Marco ...

How to realize datawindow with PowerBuilder #2
Hello group! I want to realize datawindow with PowerBuilder,thus client may develop report themselves with the tool.I want some advice,or give me some URL of similar sample. thanks very much. ...

Is DataWindow 2.5 in Dw.Net is same as DataWindow in PB11.2
Hi there , Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ? Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ???? How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future releases of PB... Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ? Regards , Van I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as Datawindow properties / events /...

how to update crosstab datawindow #2
Hi, I hear that crosstab datawindow can be updated,but how to do ? Thanks in advance sunjie Sunjie, You need to export the datawindow, add tab order to the columns you want editable, and then re-import it again. This would make the fields editable, e.g., if you have a computed field on it, you would see the value change as you edit a field which is referenced by the computed expression. Making the datawindow ** updateable ** is another issue, which I'm not exactly sure about. I'll try to experiment with it and post my findings. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Ki...

Order of Columns in CrossTab Datawindow #2
I have a crosstab datawindow in the following format: Rows:student rollno,name,total_marks Column :subject cross tab:subject_marks The crosstab display appears as follows: rollno, name, total_marks, subject_marks1, subject_marks, ... I would like the crosstab column subject_marks to appear first and then the total marks. How is this possible? In other words I would like to change the position/default order in which the cross tab columns appear. ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 and Crosstab DataWindows
I have a crosstab datawindow with 3 col and 4 rows. It works under PB 6.0. When I started using PB 6.5 and I now get a Doctor Watson error and the PB dev env gets "wiped out". I found a similar problem posted around 11/12/98 in the Public.PowerBuilder newsgroup (i have included the text of the posting below the "+++") Any suggestions/ideas? Thank you in advance. Fidencio Pe�a ++++++++++++++++++++ Text from a posting in the Public.PowerBuilder newsgroup: date around 11/12/98. Does anyone else have the following problem with the crosstabsdataw...

Web resources about - Crosstab DataWindows #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo