CRITICAL ERROR in PB ? : SELECT ( 3 - 2 ) failes in PB 10 Build9537

I have the following Problem
USING PB 10 Build 9537
WIN XP SP2 englisch ( american Reginal settings )

In Datawindows and Database-Painter
every SELECT  with a minus sign fails.
EXAMPLE: SELECT  (column1 - column2 ) FROM table1 :fails
                SELECT  (column1 + column2 ) FROM table1  :
IS OK
No problem within ASA-ISQL  ( version 9.02 )
Only a problem in PB 10 Build 9537.
Powerbuilder does not respond. (hangs)
I hope this is only a problem on my machine !!
Have other people the same problem ??

Is it only a problem of my machine or a general PB-Problem

Thanks for any hints
Peter Stojkovic
0
Peter
1/21/2006 1:43:09 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

this is a bug in PB, if you search the newsgroups you will see listings for
this.
In the database newsgroup see:   BUG SQL syntax with sign - in PB 10.2 9537

<Peter Stojkovic> wrote in message news:43d23a6d.3c08.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I have the following Problem
> USING PB 10 Build 9537
> WIN XP SP2 englisch ( american Reginal settings )
>
> In Datawindows and Database-Painter
> every SELECT  with a minus sign fails.
> EXAMPLE: SELECT  (column1 - column2 ) FROM table1 :fails
>                SELECT  (column1 + column2 ) FROM table1  :
> IS OK
> No problem within ASA-ISQL  ( version 9.02 )
> Only a problem in PB 10 Build 9537.
> Powerbuilder does not respond. (hangs)
> I hope this is only a problem on my machine !!
> Have other people the same problem ??
>
> Is it only a problem of my machine or a general PB-Problem
>
> Thanks for any hints
> Peter Stojkovic

The two most common workarounds are:

1) Revert to build 9004 or earlier
2) Put SQL in a stored procedure and then call the stored procedure

There was one report that an updated EBF was due last week.  It may be
available from Sybase support, but has not been publicly made available (As
far as I can tell).

My opinion:
I think that EBF 9537 should have been either pulled from the FTP site or a
new update out by this time.

"M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> this is a bug in PB, if you search the newsgroups you will see listings
> for this.
> In the database newsgroup see:   BUG SQL syntax with sign - in PB 10.2
> 9537
>

> <Peter Stojkovic> wrote in message
>>I have the following Problem
>> USING PB 10 Build 9537
>> WIN XP SP2 englisch ( american Reginal settings )
>>
>> In Datawindows and Database-Painter
>> every SELECT  with a minus sign fails.
>> EXAMPLE: SELECT  (column1 - column2 ) FROM table1 :fails
>>                SELECT  (column1 + column2 ) FROM table1  :
>> IS OK
>> No problem within ASA-ISQL  ( version 9.02 )
>> Only a problem in PB 10 Build 9537.
>> Powerbuilder does not respond. (hangs)
>> I hope this is only a problem on my machine !!
>> Have other people the same problem ??
>>
>> Is it only a problem of my machine or a general PB-Problem
>>
>> Thanks for any hints
>> Peter Stojkovic

0
Tyler
1/22/2006 5:00:25 PM
Based on the case notes it should be fixed in Build 9557.  That build
has undergone automated QA, but not manual QA testing.  As such it's
not available from downloads.sybase.com, but is from the ftp site:

ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb102_Auto_QA_Only/1021_9557.zip

a list of fixes is at

ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb102_Auto_QA_Only/1021_9557_fixes.html

The bug number 417292 doesn't seem to appear in the list, but
internally the fix was confirmedin build 9542 which predates 9557.

On 22 Jan 2006 09:00:25 -0800, "Tyler Cruse" <tcruse@medteam.net>
wrote:

>The two most common workarounds are:
>
>1) Revert to build 9004 or earlier
>2) Put SQL in a stored procedure and then call the stored procedure
>
>There was one report that an updated EBF was due last week.  It may be
>available from Sybase support, but has not been publicly made available (As
>far as I can tell).
>
>My opinion:
>I think that EBF 9537 should have been either pulled from the FTP site or a
>new update out by this time.
>

>"M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> this is a bug in PB, if you search the newsgroups you will see listings
>> for this.
>> In the database newsgroup see:   BUG SQL syntax with sign - in PB 10.2
>> 9537
>>

>> <Peter Stojkovic> wrote in message
>>>I have the following Problem
>>> USING PB 10 Build 9537
>>> WIN XP SP2 englisch ( american Reginal settings )
>>>
>>> In Datawindows and Database-Painter
>>> every SELECT  with a minus sign fails.
>>> EXAMPLE: SELECT  (column1 - column2 ) FROM table1 :fails
>>>                SELECT  (column1 + column2 ) FROM table1  :
>>> IS OK
>>> No problem within ASA-ISQL  ( version 9.02 )
>>> Only a problem in PB 10 Build 9537.
>>> Powerbuilder does not respond. (hangs)
>>> I hope this is only a problem on my machine !!
>>> Have other people the same problem ??
>>>
>>> Is it only a problem of my machine or a general PB-Problem
>>>
>>> Thanks for any hints
>>> Peter Stojkovic

0
Jim
1/23/2006 2:54:06 AM
Thanks.

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com@> wrote in message
> Based on the case notes it should be fixed in Build 9557.  That build
> has undergone automated QA, but not manual QA testing.  As such it's
> not available from downloads.sybase.com, but is from the ftp site:
>
> ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb102_Auto_QA_Only/1021_9557.zip
>
> a list of fixes is at
>
> ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb102_Auto_QA_Only/1021_9557_fixes.html
>
> The bug number 417292 doesn't seem to appear in the list, but
> internally the fix was confirmedin build 9542 which predates 9557.
>

> On 22 Jan 2006 09:00:25 -0800, "Tyler Cruse" <tcruse@medteam.net>
> wrote:
>
>>The two most common workarounds are:
>>
>>1) Revert to build 9004 or earlier
>>2) Put SQL in a stored procedure and then call the stored procedure
>>
>>There was one report that an updated EBF was due last week.  It may be
>>available from Sybase support, but has not been publicly made available
>>(As
>>far as I can tell).
>>
>>My opinion:
>>I think that EBF 9537 should have been either pulled from the FTP site or
>>new update out by this time.
>>

>>"M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> this is a bug in PB, if you search the newsgroups you will see listings
>>> for this.
>>> In the database newsgroup see:   BUG SQL syntax with sign - in PB 10.2
>>> 9537
>>>

>>> <Peter Stojkovic> wrote in message

0
Tyler

PB 10 Select Error. PB supports 18 decimal digits.
I am using PB 10.2.1 build #9004 with Sybase ASE and after we migrated from PB 6.5 to this version - getting an error: "Select Error. Decimal Conversion Error. PB supports 18 decimal digits" - while retrieving a datawindow. The columns in question are of datatype "double precision" in Sybase ans appear as "Number" in datawindow column specifications. Is there a solution to this problem? Or any workaround. Thanks, Rahul Upgrading to PB 10.5. One of the new features was increase precision on the decimal datatype and their use as datawindow retrieval a...

do anyone know how to run both PB 10 & PB 10.5 with PB Native Source Code Control.
PB 10.5 wipes off the source code control entry in registry. thanks vsv Make sure you have the following registry key set properly: HKLM\Software\SourceCodeControlProvider\Installed SCCProviders The PB Native string value should be set to: Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.5\Native SCC Then go to this key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.5\Native SCC The SccServername key should be: PB Native SCC The SccServerPath key should be: C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\PBNAT105.DLL << or the actual location of this DLL >> 9, 10.2 and 10.5 can all ...

PB 11 18 decimal digits error, did not happen in PB 10
I have a window that retrieves a few fields from an Oracle 10.2 database that are defined as number(24,10). When I try to retrieve I get the error "Select Error: Decimal conversion error. Powerbuilder supports only 18 decimal digits." This does not happen connecting to the same database with my PB 10.0 version. Any suggestions. I have gone too far to back out PB 11 upgrade now. Thanks That's strange. PowerBuilder supports up to 28 digits for decimal data types. Which Oracle Database driver are you using from PowerBuilder. Regards, Dave Fish Sybas...

"Select Error" - Informix
In the DataBase Painter or in the DataWindow Painter, we always receive the message "Select Error" when we select more than one table. In this case, we have to reconnect to the DataBase. I tried many times to modificate the Profile but it didn't work. How I can solve that ? Please, contact me Thanks a Lot, Celso - Brasil celso.ds@zaz.com.br ...

PB Runtime error
I have an PB 7 application, build 8033, where when we run it in the development enviroment it runs fine, but when we try to do an Query by Example with the executable, the application fails with this error. We are using informix 7.03 as our database. Any ideas? Thanks George We tried this on a couple of other non powebuilder development machines, and the application runs fine. It appears either to be an invalid .dll on that machine or an issue with Citrix and PB702. Anyone else using PB702 and Citrix? THanks George Can you get the SQL-Syntax? geocal99@ya...

Databse error -203 after PB 6.0 migrate from PB 5.0.3
Databse error -203 after PB 6.0 migrate from PB 5.0.3 I migrated my PB application and PFC/PFE files from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.0. This means I am continuing to use version 5.0.03 of the PFC files because I migraded the PFC pbls as well as my four application pbls. This approach was suggested as an option by Steve Benfield who led a two-day PowerBuilder conference in April 1998 that I attended. In the process of the migrate, I received a page of compiler information messages. I then did a full rebuild of the application where I got the same compiler information messages that I got in t...

PB 9 & PB 10 not checking errors in embeded SQL (Oracle 9i Client)
This is related to PowerBuilder 9 & 10 not checking for invalid embedded SQL (for insert, update, delete) statements in the power script (Oracle 9i client). On testing, we got compiler warnings when we use PB 9 & 10 with Oracle 7.3 Connection profile. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance Jani Hi, Sybase create a bug on it : CR# 395993 - Compiling embedded sql doesn't generate error for update, insert, delete It's the same for MS SQL Server Jani a �crit : > This is related to PowerBuilder 9 & 10 not checking for > invalid embed...

PB 10.5.1 Exposed Names Select Error
PB 10.5.1 (build 6551) I have been seeing some issues since migrating my apps from PB 9.0 to 10.5.1 (build 6551). One issue is an error message: Select Error: Tables 'dbo.sht_mfg_item' and 'dbo.sht_mfg_item' have same exposed names..... I verified in the PB 9.0 source code that it is the same just in case the migration process might of changed it. I have other SQL statements that use OUTER JOINS and they seem to be working fine. Any help would work on this one. The SQL for this datawindow is the following: SELECT dbo.sht_mfg_item.part_key, ...

Return charater causes DW update error and PB crash (re-post from the pb.general group)
Hi All PB 10.0.1, MSSQLServer 2000 We've got a field (defined as Char) that takes standard input... included in this is the odd carriage return (though we've got triggers preventing saving of said bad character).. When this was running with PB 8, the save went through without issue... As soon as app was migrated to PB 10 (no change in back end with migration to 10), the save started blowing up (cannot insert NULL error, even though we can see the value in the insert/update statement... only weird part is that in both the error msg and a DB Trace, the return key...

PB 7 to PB 10 Dates
We just got PB 10 and migrated a PB 7 application to 10. On many of our datawindows with date edit masks that are right-aligned, when the field gets focus the date shifts to the right and most of the year cannot be seen. It is fine if we left align the date but that would require looking at every editable datawindow in our app and re-aligning the date fields. I also noticed in many instances we set the background color of non-editable fields to transparent. In PB 7 the field would be the same color as our datawindow background. Now it is light gray. Any insight would be h...

PB 10.5 or PB 11
We like to upgrade from PB 8.03 to a newer PB version this year. What version did you recommended ? (we are not interested in creating Web applications using PB at the moment). Hans 10.5, when it becomes available (soon). When it becomes available, 9.x will go into the desupport countdown, eventually leaving 10.0 and 10.5 as the two supported major versions. In order to ensure the maximum time on a supported version, I'd go with the latest. Otherwise, look at the features introduced with each of the newer major versions. Terry Voth has done a great work in summ...

PB 9 to PB 10 migration
Hi, There seem to be a number of threads on this previously, but having read them I'm still not having any success. I've taken a copy of my app, our corporate later, and the PFC 10 pbls. I then migrate the target. (I've tried with and without the "convert DBCS" option). The migration completes okay, but when I run the app, I get "Cannot assign object of type n_cst_platformunicode to object of type n_cst_platformwin32... in function f_setplatform()..." Now, this sounds similar but perhaps not entirely the same as other peoples issues. Compari...

Install PB 10 update without needing to install PB 9 update, then PB 8 update....
We have a bunch of updates to PB. Is there a way we can install PB 10 without needing to install all the previous versions of PB? If all you have is an update version, then you'll need to have some previous version of PB installed. On 4 Mar 2005 05:54:11 -0800, "Daniel Coppersmith" <daniel_N.0.S.P.A.M_at_InFrontSoftware_D0T_C0M> wrote: >We have a bunch of updates to PB. Is there a way we can install PB 10 >without needing to install all the previous versions of PB? > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Vote for D...

10.0.3 to 10.1 critical errors
Trying to upgrade from 10.0.3 to 10.1 (prior to 10.1.1 which I waited for). At the ConfigDatabaseUpgradeAction I get critical errors: "one or more serious errors occurred during the schema update" A little investigation shows the following errors in the log: C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\share\java/bin/java:: OUT: com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: SQL Anywhere Error -141: Table 'zSystemUpdateEx' not found C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\share\java/bin/java:: OUT: Exception in thread "main" com.novell.zenworks.configure.ConfigureException:...

General error on PB
Some objects of my util library are creating a general error on PB when I try to open them. Some related object are impossible to open or are also creating a general error on PB. It's possible to open those objects with "Edit Source" I'm using PB 8.02 (build. 9506) on W2K All the library works fine on PB 8.01. Error Text L'application, e:\pb801\BUILD\NT\PB80.EXE, a g�n�r� une erreur d'application. L'erreur s'est produite le 09/05/2002 � 14:18:50.325 L'exception g�n�r�e �tait c0000005 � l'adresse 10CA5364 (ob_is_a_system_class) Sorr...

Web resources about - CRITICAL ERROR in PB ? : SELECT ( 3 - 2 ) failes in PB 10 Build9537 - sybase.powerbuilder.general