Creating Oracle Database Connection

I am getting a create catalog error when I try to create an
Oracle connection in Powerbuilder version 10.5.  I have
create table permissions with the ID that I'm using.  What
could be causing this error?
0
Stephen

By default PB will use the SYSTEM userid to create the catalog tables.  On
the db-profile system tab you can specify the owner of the PBCATxxx tables.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com

<Stephen Jung> wrote in message news:44e35099.47f1.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I am getting a create catalog error when I try to create an
> Oracle connection in Powerbuilder version 10.5.  I have
> create table permissions with the ID that I'm using.  What
> could be causing this error?

0
Terry

How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database?
 How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function  to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database? How can I create one method or function in csharp to be used on all pages or classes when conenction to the database? Please give an example.I have database connections which I am using on each and very page or classes, but I can I put in one page then I just start  calling it?Database connection I am using:   OracleConnection dbconnection;    this.dbconnection = new System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnec...

How can I change my connection to a different database...it is not connecting to the database I created.
My data is connected to the ASPNETDB.MDF database. Is this a must that I have it connected to this database or can I have it connected to a database that I created. You can connect to different database such as sql or other access files. All you have to do is to define which connection string to use within your web.config file. If you want to make sure that your database is prepared to be used, use features such as ASPNET_REGSQL.EXE at VS Command Prompt. Hope this helps. Jae.jae.lee@jaeleeandco.com I'm in the Army...here in Georgia. Is it cold there.. Hi Jae,    &nb...

How to create a connection between oracle database and the webform
 hi, is anyone here possible to teach me how to connect Oracle  database to my webform? To connect to an Oracle database using OraOLEDB, the OLE DB connection string must be as follows: "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=R2D2;User ID=foo; Password=bar"; Make sure that you have entry for the data source in tnsnames.ora file and TNSListener service is running. For more information on OraOLEDB provider refer to Orcale9i documentation. And as an example code try this private bool ValidateUser(string strLogin, string strPwd){bool bRet = false;OleDbConnection c...

Problem connecting to oracle database in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version
I am not able to connect to oracle database using odbc in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version.I am getting error message which says 'Inavlid or unsupported datasource' Ershad, Have you verified that you have the required Oracle ODBC drivers? The latest set of drivers is available at: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html\ Could you also please post the attributes of the transaction object (except the password) that you use to try and connect to the oracle db? Sanjiv. <Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message news:41aea458.51d5...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

How to create a connection to a sql Database from a database class?
Hello Mate!,                 I have a Database clss and a web form I have just mentioned in the Web config file of the webform for connection string as <configuration> <appSettings/> <connectionStrings>  <add name ="SQL" connectionString="Server=Servername;Database=mydatabase;uid=some user id ;pwd=some password;"/> </connectionStrings ></configuration> and i have just mentioned in a class in which i want to create a connecti...

Connecting PowerBuilder 6.5 with an Oracle 7.3 Database in a Novell Netware 3.12 Server
Ladies and Gentlemen: I didn't know if some of you have these problem, but I solve this one in a simple way. We have two servers in our company, one is a Windows NT Server and other is our Novell Netware 3.12 Server. Right know, our clients are accesing the data from the Netware 3.12 to the NT Server, but our clients are using in line the systems developed in PowerBuilder 4.0 Also we are migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 6.5 (How a jump), but we need the connection with the 3.12 server to recompile all our functions and so on.... I just update the Netware Client from Windows wi...

Guided Tour - Creating A Database
Hi, I followed the Guided Tour at the section "Creating A Database," but I cannot do this. The problem is when I clicked on the Data tab in the Workspace window, the window displayed an empty data workspace as seen at the tour. However, I did not see the "New Connection" button at the top bar as directed. How can I add this button in for using? Thanks! Vy I had some trouble here too. Try this version of the tour: http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/guidedtour/section2/newconn.aspx the iconography is different -- maybe what you are looking for if you just dow...

Unable to connect the oracle database using connection cache
Hi I created a connection cache for oracle database with the following parameters in jag manager In Database connection properties tab: ------------------------------------------- Server Name = jdbc:odbc:xyz ( where xyz is the dsn name created in windows ODBC setup) User Name = bgb password = bgb In Driver properties tab: --------------------------- DLL or class name = sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver JDBC option is checked In Cache properties tab: --------------------------- Enable cache-by-name access is checked I am able to ping the connection cache successfully in con...

Oracle 8i client connected to Oracle 9 database.
I have connected my Powerbuilder 9 application to a Oracle 9i database using Oracle 8i client. My Oracle home is set to 8. My Powerbuilder DB connection is using Oracle 8. Things seem to work. Why? In general, there will be compatibilty between client and server versions here; however, you'd have to check Oracle for their specific supported configurations. If you try to access anything new in Oracle 9 (like new datatypes, etc.), I expect you'll see problems that may be handled gracefully or not so gracefully. On 3 Dec 2004 13:03:31 -0800, Kurt Pager wrote: >I have co...

How to connect PowerBuilder to Oracle 11g and which PB version suppports oracle 11g?
Hi All, Please tell me how to connect PowerBuilder to Oracle 11g and which PB version suppports oracle 11g? Currently i am using Power Builder version 9. Thanks Mukul Hi Mukul; FYI: PB version 11.5 and higher has support for the new native O11g driver. You can still use older versions of PB that use the O10g driver over to 11g - but, you will be restricted to 10g functionality. HTH -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com "mukul" <mukul.trivedi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3f291629-08c6-446a-8c81...

Creating Database for PowerBuilder
Hi there to all. I have a question that need answers. Could you all please tell me how to create database for it and what programs that I can use to create it. Thank You. Regards, Yang Ashra You can use any database you like. PB comes with SQLAnywhere / ASA and you can deploy the runtime engine freely. You can use Access, ASE, Oracle, SQLServer etc. It depends on what your needs are. Please provide some info on what you are trying to accomplish. Also, what version of PB (Desktop, Professional, Enterprise) do you use. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder....

Web resources about - Creating Oracle Database Connection - sybase.powerbuilder.general

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...

"News Feed" For Slower Connections: Facebook's Strategy To Build A Stronger User Base
The changes in News Feed will more efficiently show relevant stories in a slow connection and let users compose comments when they are offline. ...