Creating a dll in Powerbuilder for use by other apps???

Does anyone know how or if it is even possible to create a dll from
Powerbuilder 6.5 code for use by other apps?

0
fdefranco

No, you can't.  You would need to use a MSVC++ or some other C/C++ IDE.

steve
[TeamPS]

fdefranco wrote:

> Does anyone know how or if it is even possible to create a dll from
> Powerbuilder 6.5 code for use by other apps?
0
Steve
5/6/1999 3:11:17 PM
PB DLL's are not usable as DLL's in other applications. You can,
however, create COM and OLE objects that can be used in other
applications. Why would you want to do this though?

regards,
Bill Green

fdefranco wrote:

> Does anyone know how or if it is even possible to create a dll from
> Powerbuilder 6.5 code for use by other apps?

0
William

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Problem registering dll created in Powerbuilder 8 and migrated to Powerbuilder 11
Hi, We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts application. This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder 11.1 build 8204. I am able to build the dll on my development machine and properly register the dll on my development machine on windows 7. When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean windows xp box, i am unable to register my dll using regsvr32. No error is displayed and the message box identifing that the registration was successful is never displayed. I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the powerbuilder runtime packager. I also deployed...

Creating DLLs using Visual Objects for use in PowerBuilder
Hi All, Has anybody created a DLL with visual objects in Power++ ? < ---- Part of this post contains text (modified) from an earlier post of mine ---- > I have run into the following problem on this. 1. I open a new project 2. I add a new DLL target (and delete the EXE) 3. I add a plain form Form1 (since the default Form1 is deleted by deleting the EXE) 4. I add a new File test.cpp to the target, and in that the only statements I add is #include "form1.hpp" I Run->Build File at this stage and I get the following compile error in Form1....

Using a PowerBuilder app to drive another Windows app
My users need to run a canned Windows application repeatedly with a variety of parameters on a variety of datasets. In order to do this, they have to log in, choose a menu item, key in some parameters, click an OK button and exit. And then do it again and again and . . . We want to set up a database with the appropriate parameters and write an application to drive the process. We've considered Winbatch but would rather not introduce another development tool . . . if it's not too hard to accomplish the task in PowerBuilder. This has to run in a Windows 95 or NT Workstatio...

One PowerBuilder app triggering an event on another PowerBuilder app's Frame
Running 2 concurrent PowerBuilder apps (both MDI). Is there a way to trigger a user event on the frame of one of the apps from the other? I can get a handle to the frame window, and I am guessing that a Send() of some kind would do the trick, but I don't know which parameters to use or where the parameters for the Send() are documented. Thanks for the help. I recently had the same situation. You can use send or post to send a message to a window in another application. First you need the handle of the window you are sending the message to. Since it is in another applica...

Can create DLL with Powerbuilder ?
Hi, Can any tell me if powerbuilder create dll for non pb app. If yes how ? Thanks a lot. You can create COM objects. Check out the latest issues of PBDJ and Powertimes http://www.powertimes.com/ -- Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. dickylai wrote in message <371CFE88.9D37AC27@hk.super.net>... >Hi, > >Can any tell me if powerbuilder create dll for non pb app. If yes how ? > >Thanks a lot. > ...

Creating Help for a PowerBuilder App
What is the quickest/simplest way to create a simple help file for a 6.5 app? Ken Metz Find someone that knows how to do it, has the tools and will do it for you for free. Write the documents yourself as word processing documents and learn how to use a help compiler. Download a help editor / compiler Buy some commercial help editor / compiler software Hire a tech writer. "KMetz" <klm6703@kcpl.com> wrote in message news:01bf6826$5ba0bd10$241e4990@klm6703ant... > What is the quickest/simplest way to create a simple help file for a 6.5 > app? > > ...

EAServer App using Powerbuilder
Hi, I am a PB client/server developer having a good understanding of client/server design issues. But when it comes to WEB app, I am not having a good understanding of underlining concepts. like How people do authentication in WEB(in Client server we do this by making connection to Database, but in web app this does not looks practical. A web app should use some chched conections to databasewhich every user connection should use) I would really appreciate if some one could guide me where I could find a sample application (kind of getting started using EA Server and PB not...

Deploying an app that uses PowerBuilder.Application
I'd like to use the PowerBuilder.Application COM object in my application (specifically the generateGUID function). All works fine on my development machine, but I can't seem to figure out how to deploy my application so this function will work. Anyone know what steps I get this to work on a deployed application? Thanks, John ...

Can datawindows created in Powerbuilder be used?
Hi all, does anyone know if datawindows created in older versions of Powerbuilder can be used in datawindow.net? If they can, which version of Powerbuilder can the datawindows be created in? Could I for instance take an existing datawindow created in Powerbuilder 7 and use it in a .net app without any modification? Thanks for any help you can give. Steve. Yes they can. They need to be migrated to the version of DataWindow ..NET that you are using, but the DataWindow Designer that comes with the product will do that for you. Note: OLE and Rich Text DataWindows are not sup...

Using Verisign to Sign a PowerBuilder App
I've got a code signing need for PowerBuilder 8 application. I sign the application exe according to the directions with signcode.exe and I test the signing with chktrust.exe and it comes back with succeeded. My problem is I cannot run the application anymore by double-clicking the exe. The application immediately exits without any response. Is there some problem or some special way you have to sign a PowerBuilder EXE? ...

FTP in PowerBuilder using wininet.dll
I am trying to use the wininet.dll to do FTP downloads from Powerbuilder. I can get the downloading working fine (Thanks to the demo program provided by Roy Kiesler!), however I would like to track the progress of the download. From what I can see from the wininet documentation, the only way to do this seems to be using a callback function. Since Powerbuilder does not support callback functions, the only other way to do it seems to be creating a C wrapper DLL. I was just wondering if anybody has figured out how to track the progress of a download without using a wrapper DLL. ...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

Web resources about - Creating a dll in Powerbuilder for use by other apps??? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles