Connecting to ORACLE 7.0 with PB5.0 32bit

Is it possible to connect to a ORACLE 7.0 database with native DBMS
drivers, running InfoMaker 32bit on Windows 95?
0
Bo
8/21/1997 11:55:31 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

Bo Elmgreen wrote:

> Is it possible to connect to a ORACLE 7.0 database with native DBMS
> drivers, running InfoMaker 32bit on Windows 95?

    Yes, but you need to have 32-bit SQL*Net installed on your client.

--
<--------------------------------------------------
< Tim Dallmann - tdallmann@gr.com

0
Tim
8/21/1997 5:06:26 PM
Tim Dallmann wrote:

> Bo Elmgreen wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to connect to a ORACLE 7.0 database with native DBMS
> > drivers, running InfoMaker 32bit on Windows 95?
>
>     Yes, but you need to have 32-bit SQL*Net installed on your client.
>
> --
> <--------------------------------------------------
> < Tim Dallmann - tdallmann@gr.com
> < Greenbrier & Russel, Inc. - http://www.gr.com
> < Denver, CO
> < (303) 292-1680
> <--------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the quick response.

We have a 32bit SQL*Net client, and InfoMaker 5.0 updated to 5.0.03, but
the update didn't include a 32bit Oracle 7.0 driver (pbo7050.dll). Also
SQL*Net lacks the 32bit version of the Oracle 7.0 driver (ora7.dll), it
only contains the 16bit version (ora7win.dll).
0
Anders
8/22/1997 4:37:47 PM
Run the Oracle Installer (c:\orawin95\bin\orainst.exe) to find out which
version of SQLNET you are running on your W95 PC.  It is probably version
2.2 or 2.3.  When you install IM, you can specify the Oracle 7.2 and 7.3
drivers.
In some cases the 7.3 doesn't show up as an available option when you
define a DB-Profile (after installing the 5.0.03 patch),  but you can still
type it in manually.  You can modify the IM.INI file and it to the vendors
parameter in the [database] section.

Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)

N.B.:  Please don't post your message in multiple newsgroups.

Anders Nielsen <nanders@ruc.dk> wrote in article <33FDC05B.5E7A@ruc.dk>...
> Tim Dallmann wrote:
> >
> > Bo Elmgreen wrote:
> >
> > > Is it possible to connect to a ORACLE 7.0 database with native DBMS
> > > drivers, running InfoMaker 32bit on Windows 95?
> >
> >     Yes, but you need to have 32-bit SQL*Net installed on your client.
> >
> > --
> > <--------------------------------------------------
> > < Tim Dallmann - tdallmann@gr.com
> > < Greenbrier & Russel, Inc. - http://www.gr.com
> > < Denver, CO
> > < (303) 292-1680
> > <--------------------------------------------------
>
> Thank you for the quick response.
>
> We have a 32bit SQL*Net client, and InfoMaker 5.0 updated to 5.0.03, but
> the update didn't include a 32bit Oracle 7.0 driver (pbo7050.dll). Also
> SQL*Net lacks the 32bit version of the Oracle 7.0 driver (ora7.dll), it
> only contains the 16bit version (ora7win.dll).

0
Terry
--------------FA2D42C84E0AC758421B5166

Anders Nielsen wrote:

> Tim Dallmann wrote:
> >
> > Bo Elmgreen wrote:
> >
> > > Is it possible to connect to a ORACLE 7.0 database with native
> DBMS
> > > drivers, running InfoMaker 32bit on Windows 95?
> >
> >     Yes, but you need to have 32-bit SQL*Net installed on your
> client.
> >
> > --
> > <--------------------------------------------------
> > < Tim Dallmann - tdallmann@gr.com
> > < Greenbrier & Russel, Inc. - http://www.gr.com
> > < Denver, CO
> > < (303) 292-1680
> > <--------------------------------------------------
>
> Thank you for the quick response.
>
> We have a 32bit SQL*Net client, and InfoMaker 5.0 updated to 5.0.03,
> but
> the update didn't include a 32bit Oracle 7.0 driver (pbo7050.dll).
> Also
> SQL*Net lacks the 32bit version of the Oracle 7.0 driver (ora7.dll),
> it
> only contains the 16bit version (ora7win.dll).

Install the SQL Net Client 1 for the Windows NT.
The one that comes with your ORACLE Server...
You can install the NT SQL Net client with out problems.

We use NT SQL Net client 1 with Oracle 7.1 for 1 year with no problems.

--------------FA2D42C84E0AC758421B5166

begin:          vcard
fn:             John Papadomichelakis
n:              Papadomichelakis;John
org:            Logismos S.A.
adr:            9 FIlippou;;Euosmos;Thessaloniki;;56 224;Greece/Hellas
email;internet: michelos@spark.net.gr
title:          Client / Server Developer
tel;home:       709 - 796
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
end:            vcard

--------------FA2D42C84E0AC758421B5166--

0
Papadomichelakis
8/29/1997 7:28:32 AM

pardon me ,

but all along I was under the impression that Sql*net client [v] 1 was
16bit. Please correct me

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, Papadomichelakis John wrote:

> Anders Nielsen wrote:
>
> > Tim Dallmann wrote:

> > DBMS
> > >
> > >     Yes, but you need to have 32-bit SQL*Net installed on your
> > client.
> > >
> > > --
> > > <--------------------------------------------------
> > > < Tim Dallmann - tdallmann@gr.com
> > > < Greenbrier & Russel, Inc. - http://www.gr.com
> > > < Denver, CO
> > > < (303) 292-1680
> > > <--------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Thank you for the quick response.
> >
> > We have a 32bit SQL*Net client, and InfoMaker 5.0 updated to 5.0.03,
> > but
> > the update didn't include a 32bit Oracle 7.0 driver (pbo7050.dll).
> > Also
> > SQL*Net lacks the 32bit version of the Oracle 7.0 driver (ora7.dll),
> > it
> > only contains the 16bit version (ora7win.dll).
>

> Install the SQL Net Client 1 for the Windows NT.
> The one that comes with your ORACLE Server...
> You can install the NT SQL Net client with out problems.
>
> We use NT SQL Net client 1 with Oracle 7.1 for 1 year with no problems.

---
 Sanjay Minni
 Software Consultant
 Minisoft Pvt. Ltd.
 209, M. G. Road, Calcutta-700007, India

0
Sanjay
9/4/1997 7:08:27 PM

>Install the SQL Net Client 1 for the Windows NT.
>The one that comes with your ORACLE Server...
>You can install the NT SQL Net client with out problems.
>
>We use NT SQL Net client 1 with Oracle 7.1 for 1 year with no problems.
>
>you mearn install sqlnet 1 for nt on win95?
orinstall.exe for nt can not work properly on win95.
where can download sqlnet2 for win95 or sqlnet1 for win95.
thanks!

0
cwen
10/25/1997 7:57:56 AM
The Oracle for NT CD should have a directory for Win95 products.
BTW, I strongly recommend using SQLNET2. Oracle is phasing out SQLNET 1.

PLEASE DO NOT CROSSPOST.

Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)

cwen <cqhgjska@public.cq.sc.cn> wrote in article
<sNLJCYK#8GA.132@forums.powersoft.com>...

> >Install the SQL Net Client 1 for the Windows NT.
> >The one that comes with your ORACLE Server...
> >You can install the NT SQL Net client with out problems.
> >
> >We use NT SQL Net client 1 with Oracle 7.1 for 1 year with no problems.
> >
> >you mearn install sqlnet 1 for nt on win95?
> orinstall.exe for nt can not work properly on win95.
> where can download sqlnet2 for win95 or sqlnet1 for win95.
> thanks!

0
Terry