Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5

I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20
Edition)
is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network)
I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000
database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20
connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile.

When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to
my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window
of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting
the tables of the database to be displayed, I get the following ERROR:

SQLSTATE=3DS1003
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Program Type out of Range

and no tables are displayed. It^s then no possible to create any
datawindows since no table is available.

Note that during the creation of the ODBC Connection to the database,
the  connection was tested and was Successful...

What=B4s then WRONG ????
Please help me anyone if anyone has an Idea what the error could be...

EMail me at: lkomodromos@dits.mof.gov.cy

0
Loucas_K

1. Upgrade to 6.5.1 which is the first to support SQL7/2000
2. Make sure you have the latest ODBC driver.

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

<Loucas_K.> wrote in message
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard
Edition)
is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network)
I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000
database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this
connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile.

When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to
my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window
of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting
the tables of the database to be displayed, I get the following ERROR:

SQLSTATE=S1003
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Program Type out of Range

and no tables are displayed. It^s then no possible to create any
datawindows since no table is available.

Note that during the creation of the ODBC Connection to the database,
the  connection was tested and was Successful...

What�s then WRONG ????
Please help me anyone if anyone has an Idea what the error could be...

EMail me at: lkomodromos@dits.mof.gov.cy

0
Simon
6/13/2002 10:08:41 AM
I had to overwrite the PBODB60.INI with the PBODB80.INI file in order for my
date formats and edit masks to work properly.

<Loucas_K.> wrote in message
[...]

Mike

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I get ...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I ge...

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

need help
Hi there,     I am not sure if this is the right place to seek help for the problem i have but as i don't see any other link to discuss the situation i have i am just posting it here.  To explain a little bit about the project i am on..... Originally the  appication(developed in asp.net and vb) i am assigned to was developed by a different team and most of the databases  were on  SQL server 6.5 servers. So they have used oledb connections where ever they had to connect SQL server 6.5 data sources. Lately the client has moved a...

Connectivity of PowerBuilder 6.5 and SQL Server 7.0
Hi Guys, I need help regarding connectivity with PB 6.5 and SQL Ser. 7.0. I am getting an error message "DBMS MS Sql Server ... not supported in current installation' or 'Unable to load the requested database interface". I have required files for both the system and for PB i.e., NTWDBLIB.DLL PBMSS60.DLL but still i am not able to connect to the database. Please help. Regards, MS Check the sybase site, there is useful infor about the matter. Good Luck, Alessandro Barbieri "mahesh" <mahesh.shah@codecindia.com> wrote in message new...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Connecting to MS Sql server 2000 thru PowerBuilder 5.0
We're connecting to MS Sql server 6.5 from PowerBuilder 5.0 using a Native driver. We want to upgrade to MS Sql server 2000. Does the native driver in PB 5.0 for MS Sql Server 6.5 support MS Sql server 2000 also ?? If not , whether Sybase provide a native driver to connect MS Sql server 2000 from PB 5.0 ?? Thanks & Regards, Ravi. No, neither SQL7 nor SQL2000 is supported from PB5. Some people have got SQL7 to work (don't know about 2000), but mostly it won't, certainly for us it wouldn't. The best thing to do is try it and see whether you get problems w...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Connecting PowerBuilder 6.5 with an Oracle 7.3 Database in a Novell Netware 3.12 Server
Ladies and Gentlemen: I didn't know if some of you have these problem, but I solve this one in a simple way. We have two servers in our company, one is a Windows NT Server and other is our Novell Netware 3.12 Server. Right know, our clients are accesing the data from the Netware 3.12 to the NT Server, but our clients are using in line the systems developed in PowerBuilder 4.0 Also we are migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 6.5 (How a jump), but we need the connection with the 3.12 server to recompile all our functions and so on.... I just update the Netware Client from Windows wi...

Calling a MS-SQL-Server 6.5 StoredProcedure from PowerBuilder 6.0
Does anyone know if there is a difference from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0 in the native MSS SQL-Server driver by calling StoredProcedures with OUTPUT arguments. I do have the following problem: - I've got a StoredProcedures with a char, varchar(50) or even with a datetime OUTPUT argument. - In PowerBuilder I do: DECLARE sp_test PROCEDURE FOR schsp_test_char @psReturn = :sReturn OUTPUT USING SQLCA; EXECUTE sp_test; FETCH sp_test into :sReturn; CLOSE sp_test; - If I execute this statement I get the following error: Implicit conversion from datatype 'varch...

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

SQL Server 2000 and PowerBuilder 6
What can I do to work in PowerBuilder 6 with Microsoft SQL Server 2000, when the error 'SQLSTATE=S1003 - Program type out of range' is apear? (I try connect to a MS SQL Server through ODBC 3.5 and connection is succesfull, but when i try retrieve a datawindow, this error is apear.) Thanks ...

More on SQL Server 6.5 and PowerBuilder
Anthony, Thank you. That's how we have our application set up, but we are still expierencing a problem. I think it has to do with the AutoCommit, but I'm not sure. If we have the entire transaction in one script everything works as I imagined it should, but if the transaction crosses scripts then we have a problem. Here's the example. in ue_save SQLCA.AutoCommit = TRUE EXECUTE IMMEDIATE "BEGIN TRANSACTION" Call function on non-visual business object to update customer Call function on non-visual business object to update customer's addres...

powerbuilder connection to sql server 2000
Hi everyone, when I try to connect to our sql server 2000 db i get this error message. SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range. How do I fix this. Mark ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp I'll have to guess, since you didn't provide the info, but you must be using a rather old version of PB (i.e., 6.5 or earlier). MS updated ODBC to support additional datatypes and PB was updated to support them subsequently. On 30 Dec 2004 17:26:32 -0800, "mark" &l...

Web resources about - Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles