Connect ODBC

Hi all,

When I try to connect to a SQL anywhere 10 database through
ODBC with the instruction

Connect using SQLCA;

If the user and password supplied by the user in the script
are not correct then  the client Library Login dialog box
displays to prompt for the missing or wrong information.

Is any way to avoid that? I just want that my program asks 3
times for the correct user and password and then quit.

Thanks a lot.
0
Manel

Lookup ConnectOption in the PB help file. You'll want the option
SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT.

<Manel> wrote in message news:486ebc1b.2afd.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi all,
>
> When I try to connect to a SQL anywhere 10 database through
> ODBC with the instruction
>
> Connect using SQLCA;
>
> If the user and password supplied by the user in the script
> are not correct then  the client Library Login dialog box
> displays to prompt for the missing or wrong information.
>
> Is any way to avoid that? I just want that my program asks 3
> times for the correct user and password and then quit.
>
> Thanks a lot.

0
Roland

ODBC Connections with PowerBuilder
This is actually a follow up to my previous "PB5.0 Connection to Watcom DB." We upgraded the PB libraries to 5.0.04 and were able to solve the "The allocation of the connection handle failed" problem. However, the "The command extension block could not be allocated" still happens when: 1) Start a PB application with an ODBC connection and leave it running. 2) Start and end a second PB application with an ODBC connection. 3) Repeat step 2 24 times. 4) When the second app is started the 25th time we get the "The command extension block could not ...

OpenIngres-ODBC-Powerbuilder Connectivity
Hi, Can somebody help me with using Powerbuilder5/6 on win95 with OpenIngres 1.1 on VAX/VMS. The relevant details are as follows : I. Hardware & Software involved: --------------------------------- 1. VAX 4105 as the database server with VMS 5.5-2 2. Intel Pentium MMX 200 based PC (Digital 3100) with Microsoft Windows 95 ver 4.00.1111 3. Network protocol - TCP/IP on client as well as the server 4. OpenIngres 1.1 5. Powerbuilder 6.0/5.x 6. Intersolv ODBC drive for OpenIngres ver 3.00 7. OpenIngres/Net ver 1.2 on Windows 95 (includes Visual DBA) II. Activities carried...

Powerbuilder
Can any one help with creating a connection to providex(Mas 90) database from Powerbuilder. I set up the profile using the Mas 90 data source , I am able to connect but get powerbuilder message saying it cannot create Catalog tables. I can only then see one table. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Powerbuilder ODBC Connection Details
One of our customers has asked me to supply a detailed description of how our application connects with their database. Powerbuilder provides such easy database connectivity that, well, I've never really thought about the nuts and bolts of connecting. When "SQLCA.DBMS= ODBC" and an ODBC DSN is specified, what files, etc., does the pb runtime expect to read? Any other details are appreciated. Thanks, Doug 1) The ODBC system files. This is so deeped rooted into the the Windows OS that I cannot list the specific files. The ODBC system files are included in ...

SQL Server and PowerBuilder ODBC connectivity
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b2b552c Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi I am connecting to a remote SQL Server Database thru PB and when the connection to the application fails to connect, it throws the following error (see attached file). Can we prevent this message from comming and simply trap it thru the SQLCA object? TIA Sam ---=_forums-1-dub4b2b552c Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="SQLServer.JPG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; ...

ODBC for PowerBuilder connecting to Oracle 8
I've got a legacy PB4 application on Win 95 and 3x clients that I haven't been able to get to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5 database on Windows NT. PB4 isn't working properly with SQL*Net 2.3.3, the client that comes on the Oracle 8 CD. Would it be easier to use ODBC to connect than SQL*Net? Please advise. Most PB4 apps are 16 bit, and I'm guessing that the SQL*NET you have installed on that machine is 32 bit. You either need to (a) use a 32 bit version of SQL*NET or (b) install the 16 bit version of SQL*NET. (I would recommend the former of the two). Also, you need t...

Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC
I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent vuv@gte.net ...

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

ORACLE procedures, PowerBuilder and connection via ODBC
Hi! My problem is: I have a procedure on ORACLE database: create procedure (as_name IN VARCHAR2, al_id IN OUT INTEGER); begin .... end; and I am connecting to ORACLE via ODBC. How can I execute such a procedure from Powerbuilder. I have tried to do this in all possible manners described in the documentation (RPCFUN, Declare, PBDBMS), but I have failed. There is always an error from database. I have succeded to execute this procedure when I was connecting via Native Driver, but I cannot use Nat...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC?
Hi all I'm a newbie for PowerBuilder. I have some question. How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC? How can I use sql command (select, insert, etc) to Excel sheet? TIA >I'm a newbie for PowerBuilder. I have some question. >How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC? >How can I use sql command (select, insert, etc) to Excel sheet? >TIA It's been a while, but you need to install the odbc excel driver and then configure a datasource just like any other odbc datasource. You might check the faxback documents on the sybase web s...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Powerbuilder connection to MS Access using ODBC on XP
My Powerbuilder app currently connects correctly to an MS Access db to import data using ODBC on an NT platform. We are upgrading to XP and the connection fails. I get this error message : "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation" I think that it may need a .dll for XP in order to connect. Any help would be great. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It sounds like your ODBC drivers aren't registered with XP. Try doing the PB runtime installation again and make sure you setup th...

Connect to Oracle Express 10.2g with ODBC with Powerbuilder
I can contact to the local Oracle database with ODBC-Data-Sources interface and the oracle ODBC-Driver ( Oracle in XE ) TNS Service Name = //STPXP2:1042/XE If I test now the SERVER CONNECTION , I get: SUCCESS If I try to connect within Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 6071 with TOP 1 O10 I get always the Error-Message: 12154 TNS Cannot resolve TNX-name TOP 2 With ODBC-Driver and the RUNNING Oracle-ODBC-driver Error-Message: 12154 TNS Cannot resolve TNX-name If you use the O10 driver, you are connecting natively. Simply put XE as the servername. I don't have XE on my...

Web resources about - Connect ODBC - sybase.powerbuilder.general

First Capital Connect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( FCC ) is a British train operating company , owned by FirstGroup , operating the Thameslink Great Northern franchise . FCC operates passenger ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

CloudCraze Connects Consumers To Facebook Brands Via Cloud Technology
Brands on Facebook are always looking for new, efficient ways to connect with customers . CloudCraze, which recently released its 3.0 e-commerce ...

Apple celebrates App Store records as it notes iTunes Connect’s usual holiday break
Apple has posted the dates of the usual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect , running for eight days from 22 to 29 December inclusive. During ...

FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots
FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots

Apple announces Dec. 22-29 holiday closing dates for iTunes Connect
Apple has announced the dates for the annual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect. As in the previous year , Apples developer portal is scheduled ...

App connects seniors across the globe
The start-up behind the app raised $1 million in its first six months and has grown to serve a global user base of 25,000.

Ford announces Sync Connect smartphone app
The app works with Ford's new embedded modem, first arriving on the 2017 Escape, to bring vehicle functions to the owner's smartphone, no matter ...

Uber Launches Service To Help Drivers Connect With Passengers On Their Route
Between offering taxi, private car and rideshare options, Uber seems to have a service to meet just about every users’ transportation needs. ...

Ford's new Sync Connect app lets you remotely start your car
How do you know that app-connected cars are going to become the norm rather than the exception? When Ford decides to get in on the action. The ...