Compiled (exe) vs. Running within the Powerbuilder IDE

I have a problem when trying to run a report outside of the Powerbuilder
IDE.  When I run it within the IDE the data window works fine.  If I run it

from the compiled version (exe), I receive an error that states Retrieve
Error - No rows found.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
SKeller

0
Skeller

How are you compiling the app?  To one large EXE file, to separate DLLs
(machine code), or to PBDs?

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
VCI   Springfield, MA

TechWave2002   www.sybase.com/techwave2002
Session E177 - Best Practices in Source Code Control with PowerBuilder

<Skeller> wrote in message
> I have a problem when trying to run a report outside of the Powerbuilder
> IDE.  When I run it within the IDE the data window works fine.  If I run
it

> from the compiled version (exe), I receive an error that states Retrieve
> Error - No rows found.
>

> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> SKeller

0
Paul
7/15/2002 3:01:48 PM
>>I have a problem when trying to run a report outside of the Powerbuilder
IDE. When I run it within the IDE the data window works fine. If I run it
from the compiled version (exe), I receive an error that states Retrieve
Error - No rows found<<

Are you assigning the datawindow object dynamically (e.g. dw_1.DataObject =
"d_whatever")?  If so, you need to make sure that you specify the dw object
in a .pbr file and include the .pbr file in the build if you are building
the application into one .exe.  If you like, you can make sure the pbl
containing the dw object is marked to be built as a pbd in which case the
dw object will always be included.

HTH,

steve
[TeamSybase]
0
Steve_Katz_
7/15/2002 3:12:33 PM
I answered this in the datawindow section. Please don't crosspost.

Skeller wrote in message
<3BE9B3EF2120A98D00520FDB85256BF7.00520FEB85256BF7@webforums>...
>I have a problem when trying to run a report outside of the Powerbuilder
>IDE.  When I run it within the IDE the data window works fine.  If I run it
>
>from the compiled version (exe), I receive an error that states Retrieve
>Error - No rows found.
>

>Any Ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>SKeller

0
Jerry

Compiled vs. Running within Powerbuilder
I have a problem when trying to run a report outside of the Powerbuilder IDE. When I run it within the IDE the data window works fine. If I run it from the compiled version (exe), I receive an error that states Retrieve Error - No rows found. Any Ideas? Thanks, SKeller Is the database and login the same as the active profile in the IDE? Are you assigning the datawindow object in code? If so, either list in the PBR or build the deployment with PBDs. Skeller wrote in message <44DF7713355BDDAB004F622385256BF7.004F623085256BF7@webforums>... >I have a problem when t...

Problem running in PowerBuilder 9.03 IDE vs. compile version
We are expierencing a problem running an object in the IDE but when the application is compiled it runs successfully. We have a cursor in a function and the variables do not get populated within the fetch statement when run in the IDE. We use StarTeam and PowerGen to build the application. We can take the .pbl build from PowerGen and overlay the .pbl in the source. The application will run in the IDE until we make any modifications to the object. Even adding a blank line to the function causes the IDE to no longer run. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'd optimi...

Why my application runs faster within PowerBuilder than within a compiled Exec?
I recently noticed that a program I have runs significantly faster when run within PowerBuilder ("Running Man") than from the compiled executable. I have tried each of the different Compile options within the Project Painter (DLL, non-DLL, optimized for speed, optimized for space, not optimized,etc.), but nothing seems to change the performance. I might note that there is only one library (pbl). The performance has nothing to do with any outside database operations. It has only to do with PowerBuilder code. Can someone offer me any suggestions? Currenty I am ...

Why Performance is Better running a program within PowerBuilder than within a Compiled Exec?
I recently noticed that a program I have runs significantly faster when run within PowerBuilder ("Running Man") than from the compiled executable. I have tried each of the different Compile options within the Project Painter (DLL, non-DLL, optimized for speed, optimized for space, not optimized,etc.), but nothing seems to change the performance. I might note that there is only one library (pbl). The performance has nothing to do with any outside database operations. It has only to do with PowerBuilder code. Can someone offer me any suggestions? Thanks!!!! W...

Why Performance is better running a program within PowerBuilder than from compiled Exec?
I recently noticed that a program I have runs significantly faster when run within PowerBuilder ("Running Man") than from the compiled executable. I have tried each of the different Compile options within the Project Painter (DLL, non-DLL, optimized for speed, optimized for space, not optimized,etc.), but nothing seems to change the performance. I might note that there is only one library (pbl). The performance has nothing to do with any outside database operations. It has only to do with PowerBuilder code. Can someone offer me any suggestions? Curren...

exe vs. powerbuilder
Hi there, I am trying to turn on some debug flags when I run my app through powerbuilder When I run it through the exe the flags will automatically be switched off Is there anyway in powerscript to tell the difference between running the app through powerbuilder or through the exe? Regards, -=Akhtar=- I think this was the answer posted earlier in this newgroup. IF ( Handle(GetApplication()) = 0 ) THEN MessageBox( "Development", "Dev mode" ) END IF akhtar wrote: > Hi there, > > I am trying to turn on some debug flags when I run my app t...

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Does PowerBuilder run in interpretive mode in the IDE?
Does PowerBuilder run in interpretive mode in the IDE? Or does it have to be compiled before it can be tested? The reason for the question is there we are having database connection errors while testing. But the deployed application in the same environment is not having any issues. Please let me know. Thanks. Ed; PB always runs compiled. When you save any object it is compiled and saved in the PB Library. So PBL's contain both source and p-code. Can you describe the connection error? Do you trap the return code and message from the DBMS if the "Connect&qu...

PB9 executable vs running from powerbuilder
I am having a problem on the datawindow with fields that have decimal points. When I start tiping in the field for some reason the value is being entered behind the dot like if I want to enter a value 1234.560000 it starts entering from .123456 I have to click before the dot and then start typing again in order to acheive desired value. The weird part of my problem is that it happens only when I run the executable. When I run the same code of PowerBuilder this problem doesn't exist. I created several builds already and its doing hte same thing. I am building the executable of th...

Running EXE vs. PB IDE
Is there a way to tell whether you are running from the PB IDE vs. running as a EXE file? I need to play with command line options and if I'm in PB I'll stuff values into the commandline var. Otherwise, I'll use what the user enters. TIA - Jeffrey. This is a FAQ, search www.deja.com GetApplication ( ) will return 0 if you are running from the IDE... -- pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip Salgannik "Jeffrey Bradshaw" <jbradshaw@dictaphone.com> wrote in message news:39C29E47.EA99C5FF@dictaphone.com... > Is there a way to tell whether...

run a dos program from within powerbuilder

Running Another Apllication From Within PowerBuilder
Does anyone knwo the API calls or funtions to run other apllication from within Power Builder? I am trying the RUN() funtion but it doesn't seem to work for all .exe's. Any Suggestions welcomed.Thnaks! Carlos. ...

Web resources about - Compiled (exe) vs. Running within the Powerbuilder IDE - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles