COM using PB7

Recently I've been playing around with COM and decided to use PB7 since it
is soooo easy.
How come I am able to return a basic type (like double, long etc) from a COM
object created using the COM/MTS Component Wizard?
When I used MS VC++ 6.0 using it's ATL/COM Project Wizard I was only able to
return a HRESULT type...like S_OK etc...In fact in the books that I have, it
said this was the recommended way to keep tab on the success/failure of the
component.

So I'm wondering if PB7 is doing anything special to achieve this?

Thanks
Nick

0
Nick

I also just found out that I need the PBVM70.DLL library in order to deploy
and use the COM DLL in a non-PB machine. So obviously it's not "pure" COM.
Is there anything happening in the background?

"Nick N." <nnishizaka@tokaiusa.com> wrote in message
> Recently I've been playing around with COM and decided to use PB7 since it
> is soooo easy.
> How come I am able to return a basic type (like double, long etc) from a
COM
> object created using the COM/MTS Component Wizard?
> When I used MS VC++ 6.0 using it's ATL/COM Project Wizard I was only able
> return a HRESULT type...like S_OK etc...In fact in the books that I have,
it
> said this was the recommended way to keep tab on the success/failure of
the
> component.
>
> So I'm wondering if PB7 is doing anything special to achieve this?
>
> Thanks
> Nick

0
Nick