COM/COM+ Components

We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in
PowerBuilder 11.5. Alternatives are deploying your NVO as a .NET Web
Service or as a .NET Assembly. Would removing this feature have an
impact on you?

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

PowerBuilder Blog:
http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/
0
Dave

Yes certanily.
We are using many many COM/COM+ components.

"Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in
> PowerBuilder 11.5. Alternatives are deploying your NVO as a .NET Web
> Service or as a .NET Assembly. Would removing this feature have an
> impact on you?
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> PowerBuilder Blog:
> http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/

0
Henry
5/15/2008 9:24:38 AM
Yes but are you CREATING them using PowerBuilder or just calling them
from PowerBuilder? We are considering deprecating the CREATION of
COM/COM+ components but you would still be able to call them in your
applications.

On 15 May 2008 02:24:38 -0700, "Henry" <enrico.menegotto@csteam.com>
wrote:

>Yes certanily.
>We are using many many COM/COM+ components.
>

>"Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in
>> PowerBuilder 11.5. Alternatives are deploying your NVO as a .NET Web
>> Service or as a .NET Assembly. Would removing this feature have an
>> impact on you?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase
>>
>> PowerBuilder Blog:
>> http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/

0
Dave

COM/COM+ component
Hi Does anyone have an simple example of COM/COM+ component and the way to use it ? cheer <Muriel> wrote in message news:417783cf.293.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi > > Does anyone have an simple example of COM/COM+ component and > the way to use it ? > > cheer Check the ole-ocx-activex group. There are also several examples in the help documentation. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] ...

PB COM components in COM+
Is there any way to successfully utilize COM+ transaction management via a COM component built in PB7 ? No. Following Microsoft info, and my own tests, COM+ are actually supported only by VB and Ms C++. In PB, GetContextService call always return -1. "Robert Ranck" <reranck@cmds.com> wrote in message news:XR#daMQRAHA.162@forums.sybase.com... > Is there any way to successfully utilize COM+ transaction management via a > COM component built in PB7 ? > > > ...

geobutton.com geoup.com, geobytes.com networldmap.com?
Do these website have the potensial for privacy 'invasion'? If you just to be on the safe side want them in your host file (I did a DNS Zone Query): # Geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 radev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 devadmin.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 ra.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 new.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 comdev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 buttondev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 mail.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 www.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 image.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 dev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 button.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 map.geoup.com # Geoup.com ...

need to remove XSRemover.com; WorldAntiSpy.com; WinHoun.com and PSGuard.com
I have a long distance friend I am trying to help remove some desktop hijackers. The info online is limited. I have found that some of those are desktop hijackers. I told the person to check Add Remove to see if those are installed and run Ad Aware Se and Spybot Search and Destroy. Is there a remover for those or a place that tells how to manually clean up the machine. -- Firewire "Firewire" <firewire@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message news:dn9m9d$m0q$1@news.grc.com... >I have a long distance friend I am trying to help remove some desktop > hij...

Sending to aol.com , gmail.com, and yahoo.com
I'm running GroupWise 7.0. I have a Firewall and a CISCO router. We have all SMTP traffic pointing to the local IP address of the GroupWise server. At are website hosting company we have a MX record setup to point to an open Internet IP addres from are ISP. So when someone email us it comes from the internet IP address to are firewall to are local ip address. We are having proplem send to aol.com, yahoo.com, and gmail.com. How do I solve this. Also getting some host down issue and the host that is down is are .com address. Please help I had the same issue and we h...

What is COM/COM+/DCOM
Hi All, What is concept behind COM, COM+ and DCOM, Plz discuss in detail... Thanx in advance SajjadPlease Mark as Answer, if the post Solve your Problem__________________________Regards,Sajjad RizviC U ON NETreply me : sajjaddotnet@yahoo.com Sajjad, please do not ask us to do your homework for you. The following will provide you with a good start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_object_model Alister but why ???? Because this forums for asking the Question.... Any thing Wrong... (Thanx for Link)Please Mark as Answer, if the post Solve your Problem_____________________...

COM problem -
Im using a 3rd party dll for CC processing. To use this dll, I had to install WSE 3.0. All is good locally, but it didnt work when I uploaded to the testing server. I asked by boss to install WSE 3.0 on the server so that I could use the dll. He installed it and I get the following error:Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {698BFD43-76AA-4D13-98FE-5BE9FF5E05B8} failed due to the following error: 80040154.[COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {698BFD43-76AA-4D13-98FE-5BE9FF5E05B8} failed due to the following error: 800401...

Hi All, Need your help to resolve my problem, I have a dll for a ChangeMangement tool (I guess this was developed using VB), when I try to register this dll, I am getting "Dll loaded, but DllRegistry entry point was not found" I am sure this dll is not corrupted one, bcz same dll I am able to refere in my server (where corresponding Tool is installed). Any one can help how to register this dll ? or how to find the dependent dlls for this? I am trying use the classes in this COM object, but when I refere in .Net and when I run the appl, I am getting CLSI was not loaded. ...

Use unregistered COM components (Reg Free COM) in ASP.Net app??
Hi, I am a newbie in ASP.NET.  I just wonder how we could use unregistered COM in ASP.NET 1.x and 2.0 web application. Thank you in advance :) Phil...

SmtpClient , sending mails to @gamil.com or @yahoo.com or @anyOtherThing.com
i am creating a  SmtpClient as follows    Dim Client As New SmtpClient("mycompany.com")it work fine for all  ids end with  @mycompany.com  (i mean the To field) but it throws an exception  when i send mails to  ids ending with  @gamil.com or  @yahoo.com  or @anyOtherThing.comand the exception.message is  'Thread was being aborted.  how can i get escape  Check your SMTP server settings and check the SMTP server logs.  My guess is you're not allowed to forward outside your domain. JeffPlease: Don't for...

c.microsoft.com c2.microsoft.com crl.microsoft.com
Windows-update and various security patch downloads all access some or all of the URL's c.microsoft.com c2.microsoft.com and crl.microsoft.com. I suspected these URL's to do some information-snooping so I blocked all requests to the internet. I was somewhat surprised to find that everything was working completely as before. So my question is: does anyone here know what these URL's are used for? As far as I know c.microsoft.com serves webbugs, and only webbugs. Never found anything from the other two servers you mentioned. Where did they show up and what did they serve? ...

Microsoft COM+/MSDTC Components (COM+) edition of the Microsoft Product Support Reporting Tool
The Microsoft Product Support Reporting Tool facilitates the gathering of critical system and logging information used in troubleshooting support issues. The reporting tool DOES NOT make any registry changes or modifications to the operating system. This tool gathers some of the same basic information needed for this support scenario category. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e52ae84a-66ef-4515-950c-cf0edd603a9a&DisplayLang=en -- Regard: Joh@nnes � :-)) "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

PB9+ Using .NET C# COM+ Component in Powerbuilder
Hello, I want to use a COM+ Component, written in C# from PB9 or later. I use the following code: OLEObject EmpObj Integer li_rc EmpObj = CREATE OLEObject li_rc = EmpObj.connecttonewremoteobject( "localhost", "clsid:9FB604AA- D5BF-39F8-BF57-9586141C48FB") if li_rc < 0 then Destroy EmpObj Messagebox("Connecting failed","Error: "+String(li_rc)) return end if sle_1.text = EmpObj.Test("Denis") EmpObj.disconnectobject( ) Destroy EmpObj I get the Errorcode -3 (Object could not be created). Is there anybody o...

Web resources about - COM/COM+ Components - sybase.powerbuilder.general

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people

OLEDWorks finalizes acquisition of key parts of Philips OLED light source components business
OLEDWorks has announced that it has completed the acquisition of key OLED assets and relevant intellectual property from Royal Philips. Manufacturing ...

Teflon Component Tied to Kids' Weight Gain
PFOA, a main component of Teflon, has been linked to increased body fat and faster weight gain in children.