Child windows open under window controls

We are converting a pb7 app to pb10.  I notice that child
windows now open under any existing controls on the window.
I.e. datawindows, etc...  This is different than pb7
behavior, and is a pain.
Anybody know of a fix for this?  I can work around the
problem by putting a BringToTop=True in the open event of
the windows, but it sure seems like strange behavior.
thx
0
Mark

its fixed in 10.0.1 [Change Request#: 360192]
0
wizardofnet
5/24/2005 7:11:34 PM
Thanks for the info.  Upgraded to 10.2 and the problem is
fixed.

> its fixed in 10.0.1 [Change Request#: 360192]
0
Mark

How to Close Child window from parent window If Child is opened..
Dear Friends, In My Application I want to close a child window(Popup)  at the time of page logout. I have written the code...It is working fine...but the problem is if i am closing the child window before login then it is opening the popup again and then closing it again. So can any body tell that how to detect from parent window if the child is opened or not. If it is opened then I will close else no action should taken for that. Thanks all....hope to see your help... My Code:     function ClosePopup(windowname)    {       ...

window.open and window.opener
Sorry for a really dumb post. I am not a scripting person... I find the whole thing a bit strange really with losely coupled types ect...Anyway, I am putting together a ASP.NET v2 application. One of the pages I am planning on implementing a link to open a pop-up window. In this popup window, the user will select the location of somthing, the window close and the value returned back to one of the parent browsers controls. I know this is not rocket science and I have done endless searches to try and find the answer. I am loading up the page and passing in the ClientID of the control I wish to...

Open a popup window from child window
Hello,  I have a gridcontrol in a child window, which in edit mode has one dropdownlist control, one textbox to enter amount and another textbox whose value will be selected from another popup window. The problem here I am facing is.. when I am opening the popup window from the child window, its replacing the child window and thereby not populating the textbox control in the grid as the child window is being lost. Can anyone please tell me how to retain the child window and open the popup in other separate window. Its quite urgent Thanks      Hi Nans,Are you...

How to open child windows in separate windows
Hello, Our application currently opens child windows from a parent window using the window.open function. However, there are multiple buttons on the parent page that each should open a child window. Currently, if a child window is opened from the parent page and then a second button is clicked in the parent window, the second click will load in the first child window. How can each button on a parent page be programmed to open a separate child window? Thanks. In the second parameter of window.open, which is the name, just pass different names for each window. This will cause the...

how can I use window.opener but with window.showModalDialog instead of window.open
Hi, I tried the code bellow that I found in  :  4guysfromrolla site:the code displays a source page, whn I click on the Calendar <a href />  link  i get a calendar displayed on a target page. when I select a date, the calendar page closes and populates the textbox txtDate with the chosen date. Here is the code of the 2 pages and my question is down bellow:a source page called frmCalendar.aspx has this:<form name="frmCalendar">   <input name="txtDate" type="text" />   <a href=&q...

How to get the image from child window to parent window and thus close child window
Hi AllI have two pages reg.aspx and show.aspx. From reg.aspx, i call show.aspx to show images in a grid view, some of the content of grid view is shown below. Now, iam displaying images here using show.aspx. Now, when user clicks on any image under show.aspx, iam calling closewindow() function. My task is that when user clicks on this photograph, the corresponding photograph should be displayed in image box under reg.aspx. For this iam passing on imageid to closewindow function and assigning it to a session variable so that i can use it under reg.aspx to connect to DB and use it to disp...

disable parent window when a child window opens
hello everyone  I have a page with iframes in it when i click a button on the page a small window should be opened and the parent page should be disabled unless I close the child window .I could disable all other controls on the page but couldn't disable the Iframes I tried using Modal popuextender, new window but nothing works so just please help me. thanks  Try this sample. Parent page: <form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server"> <input type="button" onclick="openWindow('Page2.aspx');" value=&...

First child window opens new window
 Hi, From parent window with hyperlink and onclick first child window opens and I want from first child window open the second child window. when I click on the link of the first child window It's opens udate.aspx over itself. Parent window -> first child window->second child window.    This is a lable on the first child window which should open the second child window. lable.text="<a href='#' target=\"_blank\" onclick=\"javascript: void window.open('update.aspx','popupwindow','top=20,left=40,width=3...

disable parent window when child window is being open
I need to disable the parent window when clicked on a link that opens a pop up window. i want to enable the parent window if child window is clicked. the idea is same as in this forum. if you click "Select Tags" link. It dims the main window and opens the child window.   thanks.    you can use  window.showModalDialog for this.   Thanks.Thanks.Please mark the post as answer if it helps you!!! You can use onload and onunload events in your child window.    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head&...

How to Control a Window from other Window
Hi, I have a window with a complex customer datawindow report (wr_report.dw_report)... Now, I need to automatize the printing of these reports. I will try explain in a simply way.... I've created a "controler window" with a reference to the "report window" w_report wr wr = create w_report I assing values from the "controler window" to the "report window". wr.t_from = x wr.t_ultil = y wr.t_customer = z wr.load_data() wr.print_data() On Debug I can see the parameters are right...

window.open and window.opener problem
 Hi,I have written the following javascript to pop up a windowIn the parent page: function PreMail()     {       window.open("http://localhost:2704/WebSite3/popup1.aspx","popup1","height=50,width=300,left=500,top=400,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no");    }  and the button:<asp:Button ID="bt1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click"  OnClientClick="PreMail()" Style="left: 45px;         &...

window.open to open very small window
Hi, in Loggedoutmsg.aspx i am just writing- "YOU HAVE LOGGED OUT"newwin=window.open('Loggedoutmsg.aspx','Congrats',"location=0,status=0,scrollbars=0,width=300,height=1");  I want to open window just to show this line. But the window which gets opened by above code has hight more than necessary. Even when i specified height=1,its size not decreasing to show just one line .How can i do this? Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you Answered here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1308177.aspx NC...   Heres something fro...

maximize a window opened by window.open()
hi I want to allow the user to maximize the window opend by window.open() method sued in a ajax update panel ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.UpdatePanel1, this.UpdatePanel1.GetType(), "NewClientScript", "window.open('help.aspx?','Report', 'width=500,height=400 ,top=210,left=505, scrollbars=yes');", true); Just have a look for this link it will give you all details in window.open() http://www.javascript-coder.com/window-popup/javascript-window-open.phtml   ...

opening new window other than window.open
is there any other way of opening a new window... aside from window.open? window.open has a memory leak so i want to prevent using it as much as possible.Alvin ShihSoftware DeveloperMCP MCTS MCPD Hi window.showmodaldialog() but supports only IE....   Regards Suresh Kumar Goudampally Why dont you avoid pop up windows all together and use an iframe that is positioned over the content? Eric Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn Hi,Try Target="_blank" N.P.SenthilSoftware Engineer  Link buttons targer property is set to "_blank"...

Web resources about - Child windows open under window controls - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Run-fests no more as bowlers take control in Adelaide
The extent to which batsmen struggled in Adelaide would have exceeded even the most pessimistic of forecasts.

‘Enough Is Enough’: Obama Demands More Gun Control After Colorado Shooting
President Obama again turned to gun control as a potential solution to the horrific act

Obama pushes for gun control after Colorado shooting
"This is not normal," president says after gunman fatally shoots three people, including police officer, at Planned Parenthood facility

Democrats New Plan For Gun Control – A Secret Government Terrorist Watch List
They call it the "Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2015"

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii U will likely support Wiimote and Nunchuk controls
Well this is interesting. Fans have been speculating as to the control schemes that will be supported in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ...

Mind-Control Bacteria Stop You From Eating Too Much
Gut microbes release proteins that stop the brain from thinking you're still hungry.

Easy Power Supply Mod Takes Control
... supplies are great for the home hobbyist, featuring wide voltage range and current limiting for a low price. What’s not to love? The controls; ...

ICYMI: Even the AP couldn’t validate any of Hillary’s gun control nonsense
... – not 200 as she claimed . Asked to explain the discrepancy, Clinton’s campaign pointed to 2013 statistics from the Centers for Disease Control ...

Morphing cubby house gives kids control of play space
This gorgeous striped cubby house by architectural firm Nixon Tulloch Fortey can expand and shrink to create a flexible play area for children. ...