Checking a printer status.

Good day everyone.

I was wondering is there any way to check out a printer status, like if it is on
or ready for printing?

Any help/advises are really appreciated.

Michael.

Michael
10/16/2006 3:00:05 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

Can you explain why would you need this in the context of a
business application?
Anyhow, you most likely would need to use GetPrinter API,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gdi/prntspol_1gky.asp
most likely with Level 6 flag (Windows 2000/XP): A
PRINTER_INFO_6 structure specifying the status value of a
printer.

> I was wondering is there any way to check out a printer
> status, like if it is on or ready for printing?
>
> Any help/advises are really appreciated.
>
> Michael.

Philip
10/16/2006 3:09:41 PM
also look at www.powerwhizz.com

"Michael" <edmikecaATmailDOTru> wrote in message
> Good day everyone.
>
> I was wondering is there any way to check out a printer status, like if it
> is on
> or ready for printing?
>
> Any help/advises are really appreciated.
>
> Michael.

egattu
10/18/2006 1:42:03 AM
See the enumjobs sample

https://powerbuilder.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=790

On 16 Oct 2006 08:00:05 -0700, "Michael" <edmikecaATmailDOTru> wrote:

>Good day everyone.
>
>I was wondering is there any way to check out a printer status, like if it is on
>or ready for printing?
>
>Any help/advises are really appreciated.
>
>Michael.
>

>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Bruce
10/18/2006 12:06:24 PM
Thanks.

On 18 Oct 2006 05:06:24 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] <NOCANSPAMbruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote:
>See the enumjobs sample
>
>https://powerbuilder.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folder
ID=790

>On 16 Oct 2006 08:00:05 -0700, "Michael" <edmikecaATmailDOTru> wrote:
>
>>Good day everyone.
>>
>>I was wondering is there any way to check out a printer status, like if it is
on
>>or ready for printing?
>>
>>Any help/advises are really appreciated.
>>
>>Michael.
>>

>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Michael

How to check printer status ?
Dear all, I'm using pb11.5 on win7 , how to check status of a printer base on printer name ? TIA http://support.microsoft.com/kb/160129 Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product Enhancement Requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement On 7/29/2010 1:50 PM, ekologi wrote: > Dear all, > I'm using pb11.5 on win7 , how to check status of a printer base on > printer name ? > TIA ...

How to find printer status from Powerbuilder
Hi Friends, I need to know from my powerbuilder application the printers status in the network. Anybody can give any idea ? TIA RAO -- NARAYANA SUDANAGUNTA 115 NUTMEGLANE #111 EAST HORTFORD ,CT-06118 1-860-263-6438(work) 1-860-895-8279(HOME) Check out printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com for getting the printer status.. "narayana" <narayanarao@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:q48CXUCJBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Hi Friends, > > I need to know from my powerbuilder application the printers status in the > network. > &g...

Checking the Printer Status in PB7
Is there a way to check the default printer's status in PB7 code before printing ? I'am looking for "OFF LINE", "OUT OF PAPER" ect. ...

PB Library Check-out status
I need some assistance on unraveling check-out statuses in our library. Here's what happened. We have our (rather large) PB pbls stored on a network drive that crashed last week. Fortunately, we had a backup and restored it to a local shared drive. However, since the network folks were restoring to the old drive mapping, (s:\xxxx\xxx which could return at anytime) we mapped to our local shared drive using a different drive name and path (t:\) The problem arises when trying to check objects in that were checked out before the disk crash since PB can't get back to the drives ...

check in/check out in PowerBuilder 11
Hi all how can i check in/check out my libraries in Power Builder 11 as I did in Power Builder 7? Could someone help me please? Thank's Yes, of course. PB 11 supports PB Native and 3rd party Source Code Control systems as well. Thorsten Giuseppe Moglia schrieb: > Hi all > how can i check in/check out my libraries in Power Builder 11 as I did > in Power Builder 7? > > Could someone help me please? > > Thank's .. No - you can't. SCC is done completely differently, starting in PB8, and there's no going back to the old way. He...

Checking the Printer Status in PB7
Is there anybody out there that can help me with this ?? Is there a way to check the default printer's status in PB7 code before printing ? I'am looking for "OFF LINE", "OUT OF PAPER" ect. I haven't seen this translated to PB but it shouldn't be too hard. HOWTO: Get the Status of a Printer and a Print Job (Q160129) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q160129 HTH -EGM <INS> wrote in message news:28A7CDC8B86D77B50057631F85256B9F.0057633685256B9F@webforums... > Is there anybody out there that can help m...

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

Icons for check-in / check-out status
Where does PB get the icons from to show the check-in/ check-out status of an object in the library painter ? The library painter just shows a blank space at the moment which is why I ask the question. Any info greatly recieved. Thanks Martin. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp This is the behaviour you get if your Windows display settings are to use Large Fonts. It's a PB bug. -- Simon Caldwell Get Real Systems Ltd Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL Tel 01904 481999 Fax 01904 4816...

Printer Status
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub46b9f93c Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi I am trying to get the Printer Status using the GetPrinter function provided by windows WINSPOOL.DRV. I am getting one problem in getting the printer status that Status is always 0 which is ready even though on the Window Print Manager I can see 'Error' or 'Toner Low' I put the code in the timer event to fetch the status every one second but with no success. Please suggest. I have extended over ...

Printer map printer status screen does not have full functionality
I have two different servers running iPrint. When a user clicks on the iPrint map with a printer they already have installed then it pops up a status window about the printer. On one server it shows information and a refresh button. On the other server it shows different buttons like, refresh, delete, hold, resume and information. I would like to have both servers to show the more functional one. I have not found any configuration setting I need to switch. Any ideas? Thanks. --____WKISEEMCOXWTOIDZWXLP____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Enc...

TFS status wrong in powerbuilder GUI after refresh status
Hi, I perform GetLatestVersion for all objects in project, someone do a change and commit. I see in powerBuilder IDE that object not at last version that's ok. But, i select this objects and getlatest version, the status change for is at last version. I close PB and reopen PB i go to see this objet after that and i wait the refresh is completed and this status is again not as last version. Is TFS source control the status is latest = Yes. Is the same time for all other object that not modify myself in this project. Any idea? Ty What version & build of PowerBuilde...

iprint printer slow to connect (printer status opening)
Hi, I've been searching about a solution reguarding the slow connection to the printer: applications take ages to connect to user's printer, application status was: opening (printer status stayed in opening for 10 seconds ...) I've seen some post about that but without any real solution, well, the proposed one didn't do anything for our system. We're using Citrix Metaframe 1.8 in windows 2000 server SP4 with many hotfixes ... The problems was this hotfixe: KB324446 After removing it the problem went away. BTW, removing this hotfix solve many slowness of...

iprint printer slow to connect (printer status opening)
Hi, I've been searching about a solution reguarding the slow connection to the printer: applications take ages to connect to user's printer, application status was: opening (printer status stayed in opening for 10 seconds ...) I've seen some post about that but without any real solution, well, the proposed one didn't do anything for our system. We're using Citrix Metaframe 1.8 in windows 2000 server SP4 with many hotfixes ... The problems was this hotfixe: KB324446 After removing it the problem went away. BTW, removing this hotfix solve many slowness of...

Check In/Check out
I am using PowerBuilder 9. The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big problem! I so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost 8 hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more careful. However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also. PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum. If you want to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a bug ...

Web resources about - Checking a printer status. - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Checking whether a coin is fair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In statistics , the question of checking whether a coin is fair is one whose importance lies, firstly, in providing a simple problem on which ...

Facebook As A Means Of Credit Checking
How you socialize online, who with, and how often can make or break your loan application : True or false? It is true, surprisingly. And it is ...

Checking in at the World Cup and Leaving with Friends
... to the 2014 World Cup and we wanted to take a closer look at those who used Facebook to stay connected while they were in Brazil, checking into ...

State of Journalism: The Lost Art of Fact Checking
... Read all the posts here.It wasn’t exactly Bright Lights, Big City. Jay McInerney’s well State of Journalism: The Lost Art of Fact Checking March ...

Diver Checking Underwater Protection of Cable - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Diver checking underwater protection of cable at hydroacoustic station HA08 at the British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT), U.K. Copyright CTBTO ...

ESPN's Ray Lewis caught checking his phone on live TV for 20 seconds - YouTube
The Indianapolis Colts are gearing up for a Monday night AFC East clash against the New York Jets. The Colts are looking for their first win ...

Q&A: Checking rego date
Hugo is wondering what is the best way to check vehicle registration date now that cars no longer have rego labels in NSW.

Q&A: Checking rego date
Hugo is wondering what is the best way to check vehicle registration date now that cars no longer have rego labels in NSW.

Australian police checking MH17 site
Independent monitors are helping Canberra negotiate with armed rebels over access to the MH17 crash site.