Check In Check Out

I have some source code that I need to modify and it was sent to me in a
Registered status.  Therfore, when I open any object it says " 'object name'
is registered but not checked out and therefore can not be overwritten. Open
anyway?"  Then when I try to check it out, I get "PBNative checkout not
allowed for registered objects."

How can I get around this?  When I look under the "Source" menu, all the
items concerning registered are grayed out.

TIA

0
Mike

Option1:Copy the object(Only) to someother pbl and try .

Option2:If You have any SCC Export(*.sr) the object and add the file in SCC and
now connect to that SCC and try Unregsiter

Ashok

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:58:37 -0500,
Mike <mike.nelson@dot.state.fl.us> wrote:
>I have some source code that I need to modify and it was sent to me in a
>Registered status.  Therfore, when I open any object it says " 'object name'
>is registered but not checked out and therefore can not be overwritten. Open
>anyway?"  Then when I try to check it out, I get "PBNative checkout not
>allowed for registered objects."
>
>How can I get around this?  When I look under the "Source" menu, all the
>items concerning registered are grayed out.
>
>TIA

---== Posted v
ia the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
0
Ashokkumar
3/7/2002 6:35:46 PM
You don't say what version.  But in PB7, in the library painter, click on
Source -> Refresh Status (you may need to do this 2 or 3 times).
Simon

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

"Mike" <mike.nelson@dot.state.fl.us> wrote in message
> I have some source code that I need to modify and it was sent to me in a
> Registered status.  Therfore, when I open any object it says " 'object
name'
> is registered but not checked out and therefore can not be overwritten.
Open
> anyway?"  Then when I try to check it out, I get "PBNative checkout not
> allowed for registered objects."
>
> How can I get around this?  When I look under the "Source" menu, all the
> items concerning registered are grayed out.
>
> TIA

0
Simon
3/8/2002 12:06:53 PM
This message means that you've registered the object to some other SCC tool
(VSS, PVCS, etc), but you've signed on to PBNative and are trying to check
the object out under PBNative.  Not allowed...

--
Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase]
VCI   Springfield, MA

"Mike" <mike.nelson@dot.state.fl.us> wrote in message
> I have some source code that I need to modify and it was sent to me in a
> Registered status.  Therfore, when I open any object it says " 'object
name'
> is registered but not checked out and therefore can not be overwritten.
Open
> anyway?"  Then when I try to check it out, I get "PBNative checkout not
> allowed for registered objects."
>
> How can I get around this?  When I look under the "Source" menu, all the
> items concerning registered are grayed out.
>
> TIA

0
Paul
3/8/2002 6:50:06 PM
opps...I forgot to list: PB 6.5.1  W2K

The software is from a vendor, however, the state agency has bought the
source code to make custom changes.  Apearantly the code was worked on by a
group of people and they registered everything with whatever SCC tool they
use.

I was finall able to get in touch with the vendor and their answer is to
copy the object we want to modify into a custom pbl that is at the top of
the libray list!!  So much for just sending us unregistered pbls.

"Mike" <mike.nelson@dot.state.fl.us> wrote in message
> I have some source code that I need to modify and it was sent to me in a
> Registered status.  Therfore, when I open any object it says " 'object
name'
> is registered but not checked out and therefore can not be overwritten.
Open
> anyway?"  Then when I try to check it out, I get "PBNative checkout not
> allowed for registered objects."
>
> How can I get around this?  When I look under the "Source" menu, all the
> items concerning registered are grayed out.
>
> TIA

0
Mike

Check-in/Check-out
I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is being moved from is destroyed. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? Cheers, Tom Thomas F. (Tom) Massey wrote: > > I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out > operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is > being moved from is destroyed. > > Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? > > Cheers, > > Tom The prob...

Check in
Hi all. I am migrating from PB 7.0 to PB 10.5, After migrating my first application i am trying to work on my first window but i'am not able to find out the way to CHECK it OUT. Wher do i can find "check out/check in" functions ?? TIA Mario Parietti What source control are you using? Have you configured it? Right click on your Workspace and check the source control tab to see if you've got it set up. "Mario Parietti" <mparietti@intercad.ch> wrote in message news:451283e0$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi all. > I am migrating from PB...

Check In/Check out
I am using PowerBuilder 9. The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big problem! I so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost 8 hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more careful. However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also. PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum. If you want to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a bug ...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Better to ask this in the source control group. Lots of posts on PBNative -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69678e.7b3a.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. ...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Have you looked the PB8 User's guide? Chapter 3 talks about source control. -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69ba0a.592b.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Na...

Checked=Checked
 I am dynamically writing out checkboxes on a page.  I have 2 link buttons on the page that sets a boolean variable to True or False. This boolen is set in Page_PreInit and is used to Select or Deselect all the Checkboxes as they are written out. A Select ALL, Deselect ALL type of thing. At least that is the plan. As the page is being written out I do this for each checkbox and then add it to a table cell control that it added to a table row and on. tc is the table cell.  Dim chkItem As CheckBox = New CheckBox chkItem.ID = "chkRecommend" + drMember("ID")...

check in/check out in PowerBuilder 11
Hi all how can i check in/check out my libraries in Power Builder 11 as I did in Power Builder 7? Could someone help me please? Thank's Yes, of course. PB 11 supports PB Native and 3rd party Source Code Control systems as well. Thorsten Giuseppe Moglia schrieb: > Hi all > how can i check in/check out my libraries in Power Builder 11 as I did > in Power Builder 7? > > Could someone help me please? > > Thank's .. No - you can't. SCC is done completely differently, starting in PB8, and there's no going back to the old way. He...

How to check how many check boxes are checked in the gridview
I am trying to make a javascript client fucntion to restrict no more then two rows could be selectedI have following in the itemtemplate of the gridview [although it is telerik control but same technique should be applied] <radG:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="chkCheck">                    <HeaderStyle  HorizontalAlign="Right" />                    <HeaderTempla...

Check All Check Box While Check Header CheckBox
 hello...I have two grid on same page...both grid contains header checkbox and item checkbox i want that if use check header checkbox then all item check box checked,i have javascript for this functinality but problem is that when i click on header check box of first grid then checkbox of second grid also checked that i dnt want i want to perform this operation on one grid at one time.i have attache my script also...plz help me....thanks<script type="text/javascript">        function SelectAll(ID)      &nbs...

checking checkbox is checked or not using checkbox.checked
Hi,my checkbox is<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity" runat="server" Text="My own city"  OnCheckedChanged="EventHandler"/>code behind: Private Sub Chkcity_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Chkcity.CheckedChangedif (Chkcity ...............)end if End SubERROR    'EventHandler' is not a member of 'ASP.bpoaddjob_aspx'.    Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you I think it should be like this:<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity"...

how to check if a check box created in runtime checked or not?
I have a webform that have mutiple collectios of check boxes created on run time ( database driven) what is the best way to loop between them and get which ones has been checked by a user and save the results back to the database below a portion of my code. i am adding the checkbox to cell table which added to a row, then to a table, finlally the table added to a place holderwhile (drProfileList.Read()) {HtmlTableRow tr = new HtmlTableRow(); HtmlTableCell tc = new HtmlTableCell();CheckBox chkbox = new CheckBox(); chkbox.ID = drProfileList["RoleID"].ToString();chkbox.T...

How to check for the existing user in database and using custom validator how to check check box is checked or not?
Hi Friends, For Registration page i want to check if that user already exist in database or not? and i also have to check if user have check the checkbox for i agree then only he will be able to complete registration. here i am sending my design. and all validation i have done all validation except these two.<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > <head id="Head1" runat="server"> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <title>PRIZE MLS</title><link href="css/style.c...

Check in check out #2
We are having problems checking in and out in PB 9. How can we accomplish this? Is there a document to tell us what we should look for if we upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9. This is kind of frustrating. Thanks. Start with these articles... Many folks have commented that they were helpful in understanding the SCC changes in PB8 and 9. http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0812/horan/ http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0901/horan/ -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] "Richard O." <richard_olatilu@picis.com> wrote in message news:400e9707$1@forums-1-dub... > We are h...

Check in / Check out issue
Hi All, I copied the application pbl's from local to server with few objects with checked out status. I could not reset the checked out status of these objects in the new location. Earlier versions let you reset the status even after giving an I/O error but the version I am using ( 7.0.1 ) does not provide for this. Has anyone come across this issue and have a workaround ?. Lakshmanan. ----------------- I just checked them in, got message about I/), continue and all was fine. Did you try that? -- Met vriendelijke groet, - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Inform...

Check in but keep check out
Is there a way to check in and keep the file check out?Right now I have to do two separate operations, check in and check out. When working directly with Source Safe there is a check box available that allow to keep the file check out after check in. So I wonder if there is a way to do the same from VS.Thanks There is an option to keep all the items checkedout...while checking in from the vs.net 2005 When you click Checkin on an Item .. in the dialog box that pops up.. with the list of the items to be checked in.. there is a button called Options.. and you can select/unselect by clicking ...

check-in, check-out problem
Hi, We're working with 2 programmers on the same program, so we put the PBL's on our server. In version 6.5 we were able to check-out & check-in the objects we needed, but since we installed version 7, the check-out/in buttons are gray. We can't select them. What's causing this? With kind regards, Steven Spits Servico Computer Systems Download the pre-maintenance release, that fixes this problem. Steven Spits wrote in message ... >Hi, > >We're working with 2 programmers on the same program, so we put the PBL's on >our server....

Checking Check Boxes
I've got a page that edits user permissions that I'm porting from PHP. When the page loads, I need the site to load a checkbox list with the name of the various items and the IDs as the value. This is easy. However, I also need it to check off the selected items. This information is stored in a seperate database table. Using a JOIN I can write a query that will return the page id, the page name, and the permissions of the user fairly easily. However, I don't know what attribute to set in order for appropriate boxes to be checked when the page loads. I'm posting this in the PHP m...

checking if listitem is checked
I'm trying to validate that a certain number of listitems are checked in a checkboxlist control. How do I modify this VB.net to do that check? This always has more than 4 because it just counts the number of listitems. Thanks for any advice.Dim i As Integer i = 0 For Each ListItem In CheckBoxList1.Items i = i + 1 Next If Not i > 4 Then errorlbl.Text = "You must select at least five items" Else ResponseAndRedirect() End If   You are almost there, check this code..  Dim i As Integer i = 0 For Each li As ListItem In CheckBox...

Check in/Check out questions
--------------2AFBC72935EA78376A16761F Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello ! I have some problems with using the check in/check out system. * I copied my PBL and deleted all entries in the copy, so then the copy was empty except the application. Then I opened my orginal PBL and checked out some components. As I saw, the unchecked components can't be edited any more, OK, but I could start my application. OK. My problem was in the copied PBL, because there was (of course) only the uncheck compone...

Check-out check-in in PB7
Hello, How comes I can't check an object out that is not in the librairies search path whereas I could when I was using PB6.5 ? Upgrade to 7.0.1, where this is fixed. S. Arnaud MENARD <arnaud.menard@jii.fr> wrote in message news:38B24448.B370D954@jii.fr... > Hello, > How comes I can't check an object out that is not in the librairies > search path > whereas I could when I was using PB6.5 ? > Thanks a lot Simon ! Simon Caldwell a �crit : > Upgrade to 7.0.1, where this is fixed. > > S. > > Arnaud MENARD <arnaud.men...

checkboxlist how to check if is not checked..
hello everybody... i spend an awful long time trying to figure this one out.. it might be simple but i can't figure out...i can loop and update my database with the items inserted.. but now i want to delete the records if they unchecked the checkbox.. so i need to perform the second part of the code to delete the values from the database.. but i can't figure out how to loop through the items not selected... here is the code... SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection(connectionString);SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("IMS_Insert_OrderCharges", con);cmd.CommandT...

Library Check In and Check Out
Hi Everyone, I checked out an object from public library to private library. After check in back to public library, the object got corrupted. I am able to open the object but all of my scripts are deleted. I export the object and found that some of the code are missing. Is library check in check out is safe to use in multi-developer environment?. Any help is greatly appreciated. Regards Vijay -- T G VijayKumar Phone : (65) 2586164 (Home) (65) 4719755 (Work) Email : vkumartg@singnet.com.sg (Home) vkumar@ncs.com.sg (Work) You'd better have a...

Check In/Check Out PB7
Hello, PB7.0.1 (7024), Windows95, Oracle8 For check in/check out of PB objects in development (library painter), I must always connect from the Source menu option (after a crash, opening PB at the start of a day, etc...) . Is there a way to permanently set the connect (vendor: pb native, user id: my name)? I just migrated from PB5.0.04 which did not require the connect each time. TIA. Bob. You have to connect the first time your application is accessed - namely opening the library painter, switching applications etc, but I thought that was only for non PBNative access. (I...

check to see if check box is checked onclientclick button event.
i have a check box similiar to "please check the box if you have read and understand what i placed there".  Right now i have the submit button doing a postback and checking to see if the checkbox is checked. great but inefficient.  I would like to use the onclientclick to check if the checkbox is checked and if not alert the user to check the box.  Thank you in advance and your help is appreciated.  I am very new to this javascript stuff so please spare me.  I am keeping the code inside my aspx file, not in codebehind. Jake You should look at using a validatio...

Web resources about - Check In Check Out - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Check the Weather
provides weather data across the globe. From Timbuktu to Istanbul, wherever you end up you’ll always know what it’s like outside.

Outside check (aviation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In aviation , an outside check or walk around is the air crew inspecting certain elements of an aircraft prior to boarding for security, safety ...

Facebook Checks In More March Madness Applications
The 2012 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament tipped off with two games last night, but there's still plenty of time to fill those brackets out; ...

Eureka California releasing new LP 'Versus' (check out 2 songs), touring, playing NYC Popfest
Athens, GA noisepop duo made their new LP with MJ from Hookworms. Watch the video for "Eureka California's Night In."

Check out the 10 best engines in the world today
... scored each engine based on horsepower, torque, comparative specs, noise attenuation, fuel economy, and application of new technology. Check ...

Fact-check: How did the Better Business Bureau rate Trump University?
Trump said at the Republican debate that the BBB had given his school an "A" rating

FAA orders checks on Boeing planes
The FAA has ordered checks on a number of Boeing aircraft to ensure the fuel valves are safe.

CNN's Reality Check Team inspects the claims at Republican debate
CNN CNN's Reality Check Team inspects the claims at Republican debate CNN Washington (CNN) The Republican candidates for president gathered ...

How to check your iPhone’s battery life from your Apple Watch
While we already know you can check your Apple Watch’s battery life on your iPhone, what about the other way around? Can you check your iPhone’s ...

Do You Sell Ads on Your Website? Check Out This Tool Then
... around the web. That is because it’s also one of the most eficient, as you just need to place some code on your site and collect the check at ...