Check in - check out

Hi all.
I am migrating from PB 7.0  to PB 10.5,
After migrating my first application i am trying to
work on my first window but i'am not able to find out
the way to CHECK it OUT.
Wher do i can find "check out/check in" functions ??

TIA

Mario Parietti

0
Mario

What source control are you using?  Have you configured it?  Right click on
your Workspace and check the source control tab to see if you've got it set
up.

"Mario Parietti" <mparietti@intercad.ch> wrote in message
> Hi all.
> I am migrating from PB 7.0  to PB 10.5,
> After migrating my first application i am trying to
> work on my first window but i'am not able to find out
> the way to CHECK it OUT.
> Wher do i can find "check out/check in" functions ??
>
> TIA
>
> Mario Parietti

0
Stephanie
9/21/2006 12:47:36 PM
Right-Mouse the <workspace> in the system tree.
There is a tab for the Source Code Provider.
Set things up in that tab.
Once the system tree is synchronized (depends
on how many objects you have - I have over 1000 objects
in my current target.  Go get a coffee refill...)

This is saying nothing about MIGRATING from 7 to 10.
But - that's a different topic, and you may have already
solved it if you're at the SCC stage...

HTH,
Reed Shilts
PocketBuilder Development Manager
(NOT PowerBuilder)
<Standard-Disclaimers-Apply/>

On 21 Sep 2006 05:21:52 -0700, "Mario Parietti"
<mparietti@intercad.ch> wrote:

>Hi all.
>I am migrating from PB 7.0  to PB 10.5,
>After migrating my first application i am trying to
>work on my first window but i'am not able to find out
>the way to CHECK it OUT.
>Wher do i can find "check out/check in" functions ??
>
>TIA
>
>Mario Parietti

0
Reed
9/21/2006 12:51:46 PM
Ok now i've configured it.
My source control system is PB Native.

When i try to add my objects (entire pbl or just a single object into it)
i have the following trace error

 ---------- Source Control
Adding selected items to source control...
PB Native Status: Adding
D:\Polis\develop\src\Base\d_ajlogos_display_data.srd...
Access to SCC Provider failed during SccAdd(). Try again.
PB Native Status: Adding D:\Polis\develop\src\Base\ajlogos.pbg...
Access to SCC Provider failed during SccAdd(). Try again.
Error checking in .PBG file. Verify that new entries are correct and check
in .PBG file manually.
Failed to add D:\Polis\develop\src\Base\d_ajlogos_display_data.srd
Operation Completed
 ---------- Done Source Control

what is still wrong ?
any suggestion ?

more:

i have already migrated my project from7 to 10.5 without
looking at this step about source control ?
do i have to migrate again my project, or is it
possible now to add the whole project to SCC ??

Thanks.

"Stephanie Young" <stephanie.youngN_O_S_P_A_M@standardregisterD_0_Tcom> ha
scritto nel messaggio news:451289e8$1@forums-1-dub...
> What source control are you using?  Have you configured it?  Right click
> on your Workspace and check the source control tab to see if you've got it
> set up.
>
> "Mario Parietti" <mparietti@intercad.ch> wrote in message
>> Hi all.
>> I am migrating from PB 7.0  to PB 10.5,
>> After migrating my first application i am trying to
>> work on my first window but i'am not able to find out
>> the way to CHECK it OUT.
>> Wher do i can find "check out/check in" functions ??
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Mario Parietti

0
Mario
9/21/2006 2:34:47 PM
Did you put your PBNative project folder to a different (i.e., shared LAN)
drive?   The mistake a lot of new users make is to have the PBNative folder
= the Local Root Folder, and that's wrong...

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

> Ok now i've configured it.
> My source control system is PB Native.
>
> When i try to add my objects (entire pbl or just a single object into it)
> i have the following trace error
>
> ---------- Source Control
> Adding selected items to source control...
> PB Native Status: Adding
> D:\Polis\develop\src\Base\d_ajlogos_display_data.srd...
> Access to SCC Provider failed during SccAdd(). Try again.
> PB Native Status: Adding D:\Polis\develop\src\Base\ajlogos.pbg...
> Access to SCC Provider failed during SccAdd(). Try again.
> Error checking in .PBG file. Verify that new entries are correct and check
> in .PBG file manually.
> Failed to add D:\Polis\develop\src\Base\d_ajlogos_display_data.srd
> Operation Completed
> ---------- Done Source Control
>
> what is still wrong ?
> any suggestion ?
>

> more:
>
> i have already migrated my project from7 to 10.5 without
> looking at this step about source control ?
> do i have to migrate again my project, or is it
> possible now to add the whole project to SCC ??
>

> Thanks.
>

> "Stephanie Young" <stephanie.youngN_O_S_P_A_M@standardregisterD_0_Tcom> ha
> scritto nel messaggio news:451289e8$1@forums-1-dub...
>> What source control are you using?  Have you configured it?  Right click
>> on your Workspace and check the source control tab to see if you've got
>> it set up.
>>
>> "Mario Parietti" <mparietti@intercad.ch> wrote in message
>>> Hi all.
>>> I am migrating from PB 7.0  to PB 10.5,
>>> After migrating my first application i am trying to
>>> work on my first window but i'am not able to find out
>>> the way to CHECK it OUT.
>>> Wher do i can find "check out/check in" functions ??
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Mario Parietti

0
Paul

What generals generally do

Is PowerBuilder.General newsgroup broken?
Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. Mike Just saw some new ones now..Could be some haven't switched to the new servers.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. "Mike Niemann" <mniemann@oowidgets.com> wrote in message news:#VivpTX7CHA.331@forums-2-dub... > Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. > > Mike > > I had the same problem too! Then I right-clicked on the newsgroup and clicked properties->Local Files Tab->Clicked on the Reset to reset all the postin...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Can someone help me please. I am using PB7 Build 8033 and Excel 97 SR1 I have a spreadsheet which has 1 chart "graph", and 2 sheets "Model" and "Calculations". There are also 7 macros in module 1. I am trying to use OLE Automation to link to the spreadsheet, I need to populate some cells, run some macros and retreive some cells. I can get excel and the spreadsheet to open in automation mode, I can retreive and populate individual cell value, and I can successfully close and disconnect from excel and the spreadsheet. My problem is that I cannot s...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I was able to hit it 11:25 am Eastern Daylight Savings Time vie OE newsreader. Russ <rob.potts@veridian.com> wrote in message news:3485451A5E94D5550053492985256D08.0053493885256D08@webforums... This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I've notified the people in charge. Until it's resolve, you can still use the web-based newsreader at www.pfcguide.com. On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:14:52 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion <Joe_Slawsky> ...

Welcome to the PowerBuilder.General newsgroup
Welcome to the Powersoft sponsored newsgroup for general PowerBuilder questions. While we encourage you to look around forums.powersoft.com to find a newsgroup that most precisely fits the topic of your question, we encourage those whose questions fall between the cracks to post their questions here. While Powersoft controls this newsgroup, there are some **MIS**interpretations of that fact that should be avoided: - "Posting a message means a guaranteed answer from Powersoft." In an effort to help PowerBuilder developers help each other become successful, Powersof...

Error to post powerbuilder \General forum
Hai all I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying to post. Pls help with thnaks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp And the error is? On 6 Oct 2008 01:34:33 -0700, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: >Hai all > >I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying >to post. > >Pls help > >with thnaks >Polachan >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- >http://www.pfcgui...

Great thread in the powerbuilder.general forum
Look for the one entitled "Identity Column". It started on 4/7/2003 with a question about implementing IDENTITY/AUTOINCREMENT columns in PB datawindows, but has morphed into a debate of Oracle v. ASA. Anybody that wants to pile on, please feel free to contribute! -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com Join the PB9 Book mailing list! www.pb9book.com ...

Modify Expression Editor
How about improving on the Modify Expression Editor a bit? We have some quite complicated expressions, and the tiny little MLE control that PB uses to allow us to edit expression is very clumsy (and yes, I do realize about the elipse to bring up the modal Modify Expression window - which contains an only slight less tiny MLE for editing the Expression). Not to mention that embedded Returns in the expression can cause the computed field to behave funny. How about a real editor, complete with color markups, support for indentation and carrage returns, AutoScript even! Oooh,...

Powerbuilder <---> General CORBA/IIOP Environment
We're trying to connect Powerbuilder 7 to a CORBA environment other than Jaguar. In particular, we need to talk to components we've created in BEA's WebLogic Enterprise CORBA environment. Has anyone else accomplished this with BEA or any of the other ORB products? We've tried to RTFM but it seems to be primarily interested in Jaguar and some type of connection called "winsock" without mentioning any other ORB products. Thanks. Hi Doug, Good question, to which I don't have an answer. Post this question in the easserver newsgroup. Maybe you&...

Powerbuilder general function to open setfocus and set filter on...
I have a problem conserning wherever in the application when someone registers an alert for later handling this function is to register the entire object path to where he registered that alert. (I am using PowerBuilder 6.5). Then im to retrieve the entire path for the followin things: column. datawindow tab window Are there any functions to do this in PFC, im sorry for posting this here, but i cannot find much in the documentation, btw another question, do you know of any good links to better documentation for PFC than what follows PowerBuilder? Thanks in advance. Klaus M...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Pocket PowerBuilder blob problem from ianywhere.public.chinese.general
I'm posting on behalf of a customer in ianywhere.public.chinese.general. I have translated the message will be redirecting the customer to this thread A customer is using PocketPowerBuilder 1.5 to develop applications on Windows CE 4.0 devices. One of the function is to browse pictures in file directories. The customer claims that, though PPB claims to not support JPG, under Windows 2000, using the PictureName picture setting controls he managed to display pictures normally. But on Windows CE. these JPG files cannot be properly displayed. The customer has no problems dis...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

general
mailto:laura.biding@ntlworld.com ...

General
In sybase for the column what datatype the sybase expert's suggest either char or varchar? I heared that while doing update statistics ... the varchar is costlier than the space occupied by char. Please share your knowledge. Thanks and Best Regards Gopi Chand T. The choice between "varchar" and "char" doesn't have much of anything to do with the performance of "update statistics" that I know of. There is a small performance penalty for accessing variable length data on the row, but it would only be notable under very high load. Take a...

Web resources about - Check in - check out - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Check the Weather
provides weather data across the globe. From Timbuktu to Istanbul, wherever you end up you’ll always know what it’s like outside.

Check Point - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. is an international provider of software and combined hardware and software products for IT security , ...

Facebook Reminds Page Admins to Check Their Post Attribution Settings
Facebook page administrators are seeing pop-up messages reminding them to “change attribution settings” and ensure that they are posting as their ...

Check Out Chipotle's Rather Honest FAQ
Chipotle Mexican Grill has become more outspoken about illness outbreaks, in both executive appearances and on its web site, as issues continue ...

Your daily wingnut check-in
Your daily wingnut check-in by digby This is being passed around on Facebook today : Maybe after viewing this video you will understand Barrack ...

RED ALERT: Paul Ryan Set to Hand Obama a Blank Check to Bring In an "Unlimited Number" of Islamic Refugees ...
... Sen. Richard Shelby (R-AL) and Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) that Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) is preparing to issue President Obama a blank check in the ...

Paul Ryan Set To Mail Obama Check To Bring In Muslim Refugees
the Ryan-McCaul measure to screen Syrian and Iraqi refugees will not in any way halt Obama's refugee resettlement operation.

Social media checks eyed for future visa screening
Revelations Tashfeen Malik posted radical views on social media put visa screening process under scrutiny

Breast Milk Scammer Sends Fake Check In Exchange For Mail-Order Milk
... poses risks of contamination and spoilage, but that isn’t why we’re sharing the story. We’re sharing it because the buyer sent a fake check. ...

Trump Tells Media To Fact Check His Lie That 6 Million People Over 112 Are On Social Security
... Trump says 6 million people over age of 112 receiving Social Security. Doesn’t cite source, says “the press is going to have to check it" ...