Check in/Check out questions

--------------2AFBC72935EA78376A16761F

Hello !

I have some problems with using the check in/check out system.

   * I copied my PBL and deleted all entries in the copy, so then the
     copy was empty except the application.
     Then I opened my orginal PBL and checked out some components.
     As I saw, the unchecked components can't be edited any more, OK,
     but I could start my application. OK.
     My problem was in the copied PBL, because there was (of course)
     only the uncheck component in there. Consequently I can't start the
     application of the copy PBL.
     So here my question: is it possible to have one central PBL, where
     components may be ched out and many client PBLs that are runnable ?

   * is the transaction of data (check in / check out) secure ?

   * Is it possible to modify that check in/out-system in a way, so that
     it is possible to check in/out on a non-permanent connection, e.g.
     if two or more developers have only a phone connection to the
     internet and they don't want to be online all the time ?

Greetings,

    Witold Kaminski

--------------2AFBC72935EA78376A16761F

Hello !
<ul>
<li>
I copied my PBL and deleted all entries in the copy, so then the copy was
empty except the application.<br>
Then I opened my orginal PBL and checked out some components.<br>
As I saw, the unchecked components can't be edited any more, OK, but I
could start my application. OK.<br>
My problem was in the copied PBL, because there was (of course) only the
uncheck component in there. Consequently I can't start the application
of the copy PBL.<br>
So here my question: is it possible to have one central PBL, where components
may be ched out and many client PBLs that are runnable ?<br>
<BR></li>

<li>
is the transaction of data (check in / check out) secure ?<br>
<BR></li>

<li>
Is it possible to modify that check in/out-system in a way, so that it
is possible to check in/out on a non-permanent connection, e.g. if two
or more developers have only a phone connection to the internet and they
don't want to be online all the time ?</li>
</ul>
Greetings,

--------------2AFBC72935EA78376A16761F--

0
Witold

------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01BF8754.AAFF3D80

moin Witold,
1. copy each pbl to lokal drive.
2. make a new lokal pbl for example "checkout.pbl".
3. make the lokal copy to current application.
4. add the new pbl to library path.
5. check out from network to lokal "checkout.pbl".

that's it.
=3D
andatec gesellschaft f=FCr
angewandte datentechnik mbh
Ruwoldtweg 15
22309 hamburg
Dipl.-Ing. G=FCnther Jungbluth
gjungbluth@andatec.de=20
=3D

  "Witold Kaminski" <wk@compass-online.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag =
  Hello !=20
  I have some problems with using the check in/check out system.=20

    a.. I copied my PBL and deleted all entries in the copy, so then the =
copy was empty except the application.
    Then I opened my orginal PBL and checked out some components.
    As I saw, the unchecked components can't be edited any more, OK, but =
I could start my application. OK.
    My problem was in the copied PBL, because there was (of course) only =
the uncheck component in there. Consequently I can't start the =
application of the copy PBL.
    So here my question: is it possible to have one central PBL, where =
components may be ched out and many client PBLs that are runnable ?

    b.. is the transaction of data (check in / check out) secure ?

    c.. Is it possible to modify that check in/out-system in a way, so =
that it is possible to check in/out on a non-permanent connection, e.g. =
if two or more developers have only a phone connection to the internet =
and they don't want to be online all the time ?=20
  Greetings,=20
      Witold Kaminski=20
   =20

------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01BF8754.AAFF3D80

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>moin Witold,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>1. copy each pbl to lokal =
drive.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>2. make a new lokal pbl for example=20
"checkout.pbl".</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>3. make the lokal copy to current=20
application.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>4. add the new pbl to library =
path.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>5. check out from network to lokal=20
"checkout.pbl".</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>that's it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D<BR>andatec gesellschaft=20
f=FCr<BR>angewandte datentechnik mbh<BR>Ruwoldtweg 15<BR>22309=20
hamburg<BR>----------------------------------------------------<BR>Dipl.-=
Ing.=20
G=FCnther Jungbluth<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:gjungbluth@andatec.de">gjungbluth@andatec.de</A>=20
<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Witold Kaminski" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:wk@compass-online.de">wk@compass-online.de</A>&gt; =
schrieb im=20
  Newsbeitrag <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:38BE873D.F8856150@compass-online.de">news:38BE873D.F8856150@=
compass-online.de</A>...</DIV>Hello=20
  !=20
  <P>I have some problems with using the check in/check out system.=20
  <UL>
    <LI>I copied my PBL and deleted all entries in the copy, so then the =
copy=20
    was empty except the application.<BR>Then I opened my orginal PBL =
and=20
    checked out some components.<BR>As I saw, the unchecked components =
can't be=20
    edited any more, OK, but I could start my application. OK.<BR>My =
problem was=20
    in the copied PBL, because there was (of course) only the uncheck =
component=20
    in there. Consequently I can't start the application of the copy =
PBL.<BR>So=20
    here my question: is it possible to have one central PBL, where =
components=20
    may be ched out and many client PBLs that are runnable ?<BR><BR>
    <LI>is the transaction of data (check in / check out) secure =
?<BR><BR>
    <LI>Is it possible to modify that check in/out-system in a way, so =
that it=20
    is possible to check in/out on a non-permanent connection, e.g. if =
two or=20
    more developers have only a phone connection to the internet and =
they don't=20
    want to be online all the time ? </LI></UL>Greetings,=20
  <P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Witold Kaminski <BR>&nbsp; =
</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01BF8754.AAFF3D80--

0
GJungbluth

Checked=Checked
 I am dynamically writing out checkboxes on a page.  I have 2 link buttons on the page that sets a boolean variable to True or False. This boolen is set in Page_PreInit and is used to Select or Deselect all the Checkboxes as they are written out. A Select ALL, Deselect ALL type of thing. At least that is the plan. As the page is being written out I do this for each checkbox and then add it to a table cell control that it added to a table row and on. tc is the table cell.  Dim chkItem As CheckBox = New CheckBox chkItem.ID = "chkRecommend" + drMember("ID")...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Have you looked the PB8 User's guide? Chapter 3 talks about source control. -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69ba0a.592b.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Na...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Better to ask this in the source control group. Lots of posts on PBNative -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69678e.7b3a.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. ...

Check-in/Check-out
I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is being moved from is destroyed. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? Cheers, Tom Thomas F. (Tom) Massey wrote: > > I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out > operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is > being moved from is destroyed. > > Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? > > Cheers, > > Tom The prob...

Check in
Hi all. I am migrating from PB 7.0 to PB 10.5, After migrating my first application i am trying to work on my first window but i'am not able to find out the way to CHECK it OUT. Wher do i can find "check out/check in" functions ?? TIA Mario Parietti What source control are you using? Have you configured it? Right click on your Workspace and check the source control tab to see if you've got it set up. "Mario Parietti" <mparietti@intercad.ch> wrote in message news:451283e0$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi all. > I am migrating from PB...

Check In/Check out
I am using PowerBuilder 9. The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big problem! I so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost 8 hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more careful. However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also. PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum. If you want to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a bug ...

Check In Check Out
I have some source code that I need to modify and it was sent to me in a Registered status. Therfore, when I open any object it says " 'object name' is registered but not checked out and therefore can not be overwritten. Open anyway?" Then when I try to check it out, I get "PBNative checkout not allowed for registered objects." How can I get around this? When I look under the "Source" menu, all the items concerning registered are grayed out. TIA Option1:Copy the object(Only) to someother pbl and try . Option2:If You have any SCC Expo...

check in/check out in PowerBuilder 11
Hi all how can i check in/check out my libraries in Power Builder 11 as I did in Power Builder 7? Could someone help me please? Thank's Yes, of course. PB 11 supports PB Native and 3rd party Source Code Control systems as well. Thorsten Giuseppe Moglia schrieb: > Hi all > how can i check in/check out my libraries in Power Builder 11 as I did > in Power Builder 7? > > Could someone help me please? > > Thank's .. No - you can't. SCC is done completely differently, starting in PB8, and there's no going back to the old way. He...

Concurrency checked or not concurrency checked that is the question!
I'm on a customer site and found the following: WINNT 4.0 Servers (MULTIPROCESSOR) JAGUAR INSTALLED ON THEM Could not log more than 5 users onto the Jag server via a smallclient file = calling the component deployed to Jaguar. We use CYGWIN to simulated load = testing. o I looked at the code that was written and was given a smaller more = compact version where there was just 4 DataStores: First Instantiating it,= =20 Creating it and then Destroying it. This worked but was not complete=20 enough to determine where the problem was. I reduced the code down even=...

Check All Check Box While Check Header CheckBox
 hello...I have two grid on same page...both grid contains header checkbox and item checkbox i want that if use check header checkbox then all item check box checked,i have javascript for this functinality but problem is that when i click on header check box of first grid then checkbox of second grid also checked that i dnt want i want to perform this operation on one grid at one time.i have attache my script also...plz help me....thanks<script type="text/javascript">        function SelectAll(ID)      &nbs...

How to check how many check boxes are checked in the gridview
I am trying to make a javascript client fucntion to restrict no more then two rows could be selectedI have following in the itemtemplate of the gridview [although it is telerik control but same technique should be applied] <radG:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="chkCheck">                    <HeaderStyle  HorizontalAlign="Right" />                    <HeaderTempla...

checking checkbox is checked or not using checkbox.checked
Hi,my checkbox is<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity" runat="server" Text="My own city"  OnCheckedChanged="EventHandler"/>code behind: Private Sub Chkcity_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Chkcity.CheckedChangedif (Chkcity ...............)end if End SubERROR    'EventHandler' is not a member of 'ASP.bpoaddjob_aspx'.    Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you I think it should be like this:<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity"...

how to check if a check box created in runtime checked or not?
I have a webform that have mutiple collectios of check boxes created on run time ( database driven) what is the best way to loop between them and get which ones has been checked by a user and save the results back to the database below a portion of my code. i am adding the checkbox to cell table which added to a row, then to a table, finlally the table added to a place holderwhile (drProfileList.Read()) {HtmlTableRow tr = new HtmlTableRow(); HtmlTableCell tc = new HtmlTableCell();CheckBox chkbox = new CheckBox(); chkbox.ID = drProfileList["RoleID"].ToString();chkbox.T...

How to check for the existing user in database and using custom validator how to check check box is checked or not?
Hi Friends, For Registration page i want to check if that user already exist in database or not? and i also have to check if user have check the checkbox for i agree then only he will be able to complete registration. here i am sending my design. and all validation i have done all validation except these two.<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > <head id="Head1" runat="server"> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <title>PRIZE MLS</title><link href="css/style.c...

Web resources about - Check in/Check out questions - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Sen. Franken Questions Google's Collection of Students' Private Data
Ad Age has partnered with Voxgov, a one-stop source of unedited communications from all branches of the U.S. federal government, to serve up ...

Cavuto Responds to Critics Who Saw Bias in Debate Question: ‘You’re An Ass’
Fox News Channel host Neil Cavuto said anyone who thought he blamed the financial crisis on Barack Obama during the Republican presidential debate ...

Anchorage's man Nick Abboud leaves more questions at Dick Smith
Nick Abboud's departure from Dick Smith ends a tumultuous chapter for the long-time retailer.

With new deal in place, Sweden asks to question Assange at embassy
(credit: thierry ehrmann ) Swedish prosecutors said (Google Translate) Wednesday that they have sent a formal request to question Julian Assange ...

Democrats unite with Donald Trump on one question
Hillary Clinton, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo all sided with Donald Trump after Thursday's Republican debate ...

IDG Contributor Network: 9 key questions to ask of your next digital business initiative
In my last article, " 5 digital business predictions for 2016 ," I highlighted that this year we'll see digital disruptions in the form of innovative ...

Cruz And Trump Trade Barbs Over Birther Question
This moment more or less speaks for itself. Cruz and Trump threw everything they could find on the floor at each other over the still-unanswered ...

Bill Belichick Destroyed A Reporter For Asking Dumb Question
Bill Belichick Destroyed A Reporter For Asking Dumb Question

Ted Cruz has a debate strategy: Answer the question you wanted, not the question you were asked
In the first two questions he’s gotten in the sixth Republican presidential debate, Ted Cruz has shown off what could be called his technical ...