check in/check out in PowerBuilder 11

Hi all
how can i check in/check out my libraries in Power Builder 11 as I did
in Power Builder 7?

Could someone help me please?

Thank's
0
Giuseppe

Yes, of course.
PB 11 supports PB Native and 3rd party Source Code Control systems as well.

Thorsten

Giuseppe Moglia schrieb:
> Hi all
> how can i check in/check out my libraries in Power Builder 11 as I did
> in Power Builder 7?
>
> Could someone help me please?
>
> Thank's
..
0
Thorsten
9/18/2008 2:02:38 PM
No - you can't.  SCC is done completely differently, starting in PB8, and
there's no going back to the old way.

Here are the tips in a nutshell.
1) No more shared PBLs on the LAN.  Every developer has his/her own complete
set of the PBLs on their local drives.
2) You don't checkout into a checkout.pbl.  Objects stay right where they
are, and they just change status from "available" to "checked out".
3) When you check in a revised object, everyone else now sees that object as
"out of sync", and can get your changes by doing a GetLatestVersion (GLV)
followed by a full rebuild.

I wrote some articles for PBDJ back when PB8 came out that cover all this in
more detail.  I'll try and google those links and repost them here.

Paul Horan[Sybase]

"Giuseppe Moglia" <giuseppe.moglia@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> how can i check in/check out my libraries in Power Builder 11 as I did
> in Power Builder 7?
>
> Could someone help me please?
>
> Thank's

0
Paul
9/18/2008 5:30:38 PM
There was lots and lots of discussion of this topic in the source_control
group back then.

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <phoran_nospam@sybase.com> wrote in message
> No - you can't.  SCC is done completely differently, starting in PB8, and
> there's no going back to the old way.
>
> Here are the tips in a nutshell.
> 1) No more shared PBLs on the LAN.  Every developer has his/her own
> complete set of the PBLs on their local drives.
> 2) You don't checkout into a checkout.pbl.  Objects stay right where they
> are, and they just change status from "available" to "checked out".
> 3) When you check in a revised object, everyone else now sees that object
> as "out of sync", and can get your changes by doing a GetLatestVersion
> (GLV) followed by a full rebuild.
>
> I wrote some articles for PBDJ back when PB8 came out that cover all this
> in more detail.  I'll try and google those links and repost them here.
>
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
>
> "Giuseppe Moglia" <giuseppe.moglia@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>> how can i check in/check out my libraries in Power Builder 11 as I did
>> in Power Builder 7?
>>
>> Could someone help me please?
>>
>> Thank's

0
Jerry

Checked=Checked
 I am dynamically writing out checkboxes on a page.  I have 2 link buttons on the page that sets a boolean variable to True or False. This boolen is set in Page_PreInit and is used to Select or Deselect all the Checkboxes as they are written out. A Select ALL, Deselect ALL type of thing. At least that is the plan. As the page is being written out I do this for each checkbox and then add it to a table cell control that it added to a table row and on. tc is the table cell.  Dim chkItem As CheckBox = New CheckBox chkItem.ID = "chkRecommend" + drMember("ID")...

Check In/Check out
I am using PowerBuilder 9. The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big problem! I so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost 8 hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more careful. However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also. PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum. If you want to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a bug ...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Have you looked the PB8 User's guide? Chapter 3 talks about source control. -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69ba0a.592b.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Na...

Check in
Hi all. I am migrating from PB 7.0 to PB 10.5, After migrating my first application i am trying to work on my first window but i'am not able to find out the way to CHECK it OUT. Wher do i can find "check out/check in" functions ?? TIA Mario Parietti What source control are you using? Have you configured it? Right click on your Workspace and check the source control tab to see if you've got it set up. "Mario Parietti" <mparietti@intercad.ch> wrote in message news:451283e0$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi all. > I am migrating from PB...

Check In Check Out
I have some source code that I need to modify and it was sent to me in a Registered status. Therfore, when I open any object it says " 'object name' is registered but not checked out and therefore can not be overwritten. Open anyway?" Then when I try to check it out, I get "PBNative checkout not allowed for registered objects." How can I get around this? When I look under the "Source" menu, all the items concerning registered are grayed out. TIA Option1:Copy the object(Only) to someother pbl and try . Option2:If You have any SCC Expo...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Better to ask this in the source control group. Lots of posts on PBNative -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69678e.7b3a.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. ...

Check-in/Check-out
I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is being moved from is destroyed. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? Cheers, Tom Thomas F. (Tom) Massey wrote: > > I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out > operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is > being moved from is destroyed. > > Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? > > Cheers, > > Tom The prob...

Spell check Issue in Powerbuilder 11.5 with Vista.
Hi I am recently upgrade the OS XP to Vista. My powerbuilder version is 11.5.1. I had a problem with many windows a problem related to spellcheck. Spellcheck dialogue box does not come in front but is behind the my application, Alt + Tab is used as a workaround it is working fine. But we didn't facing the above problem in XP OS. The problem is occured only for Vista OS. Does any one have facing the releated issue? Herewith I am attaching the Source Code Window Name - W_emp_appl_id Window Function Name - Wf_spell_check Window Function ...

Check All Check Box While Check Header CheckBox
 hello...I have two grid on same page...both grid contains header checkbox and item checkbox i want that if use check header checkbox then all item check box checked,i have javascript for this functinality but problem is that when i click on header check box of first grid then checkbox of second grid also checked that i dnt want i want to perform this operation on one grid at one time.i have attache my script also...plz help me....thanks<script type="text/javascript">        function SelectAll(ID)      &nbs...

How to check how many check boxes are checked in the gridview
I am trying to make a javascript client fucntion to restrict no more then two rows could be selectedI have following in the itemtemplate of the gridview [although it is telerik control but same technique should be applied] <radG:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="chkCheck">                    <HeaderStyle  HorizontalAlign="Right" />                    <HeaderTempla...

checking checkbox is checked or not using checkbox.checked
Hi,my checkbox is<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity" runat="server" Text="My own city"  OnCheckedChanged="EventHandler"/>code behind: Private Sub Chkcity_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Chkcity.CheckedChangedif (Chkcity ...............)end if End SubERROR    'EventHandler' is not a member of 'ASP.bpoaddjob_aspx'.    Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you I think it should be like this:<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity"...

how to check if a check box created in runtime checked or not?
I have a webform that have mutiple collectios of check boxes created on run time ( database driven) what is the best way to loop between them and get which ones has been checked by a user and save the results back to the database below a portion of my code. i am adding the checkbox to cell table which added to a row, then to a table, finlally the table added to a place holderwhile (drProfileList.Read()) {HtmlTableRow tr = new HtmlTableRow(); HtmlTableCell tc = new HtmlTableCell();CheckBox chkbox = new CheckBox(); chkbox.ID = drProfileList["RoleID"].ToString();chkbox.T...

How to check for the existing user in database and using custom validator how to check check box is checked or not?
Hi Friends, For Registration page i want to check if that user already exist in database or not? and i also have to check if user have check the checkbox for i agree then only he will be able to complete registration. here i am sending my design. and all validation i have done all validation except these two.<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > <head id="Head1" runat="server"> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <title>PRIZE MLS</title><link href="css/style.c...

Web resources about - check in/check out in PowerBuilder 11 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles