Changing Rich Text during printing

I would like to Rich Text Control to print dunning letters.  Problem is
that different letter text will be used depending on conditions.  Is it
possible to change rich text with paste in the printpage event and still
have datafields inserted?

Has anyone done something like this?
0
HccKenSch
10/22/1997 10:55:10 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 13 followers. Follow

Try using a computed field in the detail area of the RT (I  assume your
using RTE presentation style of a datawindow; if not you should). The
Computed field can look at the data of the row and determine what should be
*printed* as text in the field. Also you can define a global function which
takes arguments of the row of data. Then call this function in the computed
field. For Example gf_set_letter_text(name, date, amount...

HTH

HccKenSch <HccKenSch@aol.com> wrote in article
<01bcdf46$07f2f900$9034ca98@z>...
> I would like to Rich Text Control to print dunning letters.  Problem is
> that different letter text will be used depending on conditions.  Is it
> possible to change rich text with paste in the printpage event and still
> have datafields inserted?
>
> Has anyone done something like this?

0
Susan

Rich Text Printing Problem in Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

text change, why wont you text change!!!!
Hi i've got a huge form with loadsa recordsets that populate text boxes, AND I MEAN LOADS!!!!It involves some calculationsI have text1.text which goes away and changes text2.text which is fine, but in text2.text i have another on text change thingy which it wont call :(any one have any ideas : )also does any one know how i could call a txt change, so it does the call total a. dont know if thats possible as well. Private Sub txtShare_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles txtShare.TextChanged Call Total_A() End SubThank you if any one one could help...

Rich Text Printing
Does anyone know how to send multiple pages of an RTE control to the printer as 1 print job? See example: rte_1.Print(1, "1-2", False, True) rte_1.Print(1, "5-8", False, True) rte_1.Print(1, "12-15", False, True) .. .. .. rte_1.Print(1, "x-y", False, True) I do not want to send this as multiple print jobs. I would rather gather all these together and send one job to the printer. try : rte_1.Print(1, "1-2,5-8,12-15", False, True) Philip I forgot to mention that 1-2 is a different text template than 5-8 and 12-...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Printing of rich text
The print preferences (for example - paper size) set from PowerBuilder (PrintSetup()) is not used when i do command rte.Print(). The control use preferences set for the printer in control panel. How I can set preferences for print from PB? -- Max (m_pavlov@mail.ru) -- ...

Rich Text editor conponent to format rich text
Hi we want to format rich text in a memo with the bold , underline , fonts ect. with basic functions like wordpad. A VCL component for now but later something that will work with firemonkey to format text. There are a few component out there but they cost more than half the price of Delphi. Is there a basic component out there that can do that and not hundreds of other things as well that we have to pay for that we don't need. WE got XE4 and want to start all new developments with that and fire monkey where posible, but for now we still use VCL because there still need to develop com...

Printing from "print" button on web pages produces images OK but text comes out as symbols and general garbage
Name: Duncan MacMartin Email: duncanmacmartinatwestnetdotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: Printing from "print" button on web pages produces images OK but text comes out as symbols and general garbage Comments: see summary Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Printing a Rich Text datawindow
When I print one of my rich text datawindows, occasionally for some lines, the lines are printed past the left margin of the page and sometimes the lines are printed left justified with no margins. This problem someitmes never occurs but when it does it occurs in 1 in every 10 documents. My print driver is up to date and I do not think it is a resource issue. Any suggestions? ...

Print preview of a rich text
Hi, I try to work out a print preview showing contents of a rich box. The preview page should be resized together with a a form on which it is presented. I get my printer parameters as follows: prn_hrespix=GetDeviceCaps(prnhdc,HORZRES); prn_vrespix=GetDeviceCaps(prnhdc,VERTRES); prn_logpixelsx=GetDeviceCaps(prnhdc,LOGPIXELSX); prn_logpixelsy=GetDeviceCaps(prnhdc,LOGPIXELSY); From the form's resize event I get the coordinates for the preview page: w_px - width of page h_px - height of page ( the page is always originated in the left upper corner ...

Print settings with the rich text
The print preferences (for example - paper size) set from PowerBuilder (PrintSetup()) is not used when i do command rte.Print(). The control use preferences set for the printer in control panel. How I can set preferences for print from PB? -- Max (m_pavlov@mail.ru) -- ...

print rich text + grid
I would like to print mail-merge style rich text at the top of the page with a grid dw below it. Ideally, I'd like the user to be able to create the rich text in an rte control, adding fields and text as necessary. I know this isn't possible directly in pb, but I'm looking for a work around. Some ideas I've tried or thought about: 1/ The only functionality in the rich text I need is bold and red colour, so I was thinking of setiteming or dw-modifying the mail-merged text onto a dw and inserting escape-codes as necessary to do the bold/color. Unfortunately windo...

PowerBuilder Rich Text Control
Hello group, I have a problem.... I am trying to save the contents of a rich text control in an sqlserver table through jaguar. The problem is with a specific text column. Sql Server "sees" that column as text whereas in powerbuilder i see that column as char(32767). When the update statement executes then jaguar reports the following error: ******************************************************* **** EAS SERVER 4.2 (ERROR LOG) ********* ******************************************************* Sep 22 14:27:51 2003: Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (10434) ...

Printing Rich Text in PB8
Has anyone else noticed a change in spacing when printing RTF documents in PB8? We have a set of rtf templates with fields that are filled in from the database. One of them pretty much filled up a page in PB7. I migrated, without changes, to PB8, and just found out that this document now requires a second page. Not only is the spacing between lines greater, but the font itself is wider, causing some ugly wraps. Just for experimental purposes, I printed the same document from MS Word, WordPerfect, and WordPad - each had different line spacing but at least font width was con...

Web resources about - Changing Rich Text during printing - sybase.powerbuilder.general

The Changing Light at Sandover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The Changing Light at Sandover" is a 560-page epic poem by James Merrill (1926–1995). Sometimes described as a postmodern apocalyptic epic, ...

Is Facebook Changing How We Travel?
When one of your Facebook friends posts a photo album of their trip to Maui, they’re not just showing off — they might also be acting as a travel ...

Missed this week's Changing Track?... - 774 ABC Melbourne - Facebook
Missed this week's Changing Track? We've got you covered. Like to submit your own? Email it to 774drive@abc.net.au

Facebook changing PMD program to Facebook Marketing Partners
Facebook’s Preferred Marketing Developer program may be getting a new look. Earlier today, Facebook announced on the Facebook for Business page ...

Changing Lanes (@chginglanes) on Twitter

Changing the way business decisions are made
We believe that social data has unlimited value, and near limitless application. Today, we’re taking an important step toward unleashing this ...

12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing Presentation
... draft great presentations and to become a more effective and convincing presenter. Twelve minutes which can 12 Minutes To Create a Mind-Changing ...

We're Changing Our Name (Back) to Stack Overflow
We are Stack Overflow. You may know us from such popular websites as Stack Overflow Q&A, Stack Overflow Careers, The Stack Exchange Q&A Network, ...

The Tao of Twitter: Changing your life and business 140 characters at a time - Amazon
It's time to take the mystery out of Twitter. Twitter may be the most powerful business and personal networking platform ever created but it ...

App Store - Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing!
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing! on the App Store. Download Voices 2 ...