Change edit style at run time

Hi,
Is it possible to change the edit systle of a column at run time based on a
condition,
like edit to editmask at runtime?

Satish
1/21/2003 5:06:10 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

You could place two copies of the column on the datawindow in the same exact
place, one as editmask and one as edit.  Then put an expression on the
visible property of both of them such that only one is visible at a time.  A
good way to do this is to have a hard coded value in your SQL statement then
use SetItem in a script to change the value.  The visible expressions would
key off the value of this column.

<Satish> wrote in message news:b8TsVEXwCHA.254@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi,
> Is it possible to change the edit systle of a column at run time based on
> condition,
> like edit to editmask at runtime?
> Thanks

0
Roland
1/21/2003 5:46:49 PM
You could try clearing the Edit.xxx attributes and setting the appropriate
EditMask.xxx attributes. That's a lot of code, so I think Roland's solution
would be a lot more maintainable.

<Satish> wrote in message news:b8TsVEXwCHA.254@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi,
> Is it possible to change the edit systle of a column at run time based on
> condition,
> like edit to editmask at runtime?
> Thanks

0
Jerry
1/21/2003 8:46:33 PM
You just set the new properties using Modify() - no need to clear the old
ones.
But this will change the column on all rows, so if the condition is a
variable expression then Roland's suggestion is best.
Simon
--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

<Satish> wrote in message news:b8TsVEXwCHA.254@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi,
> Is it possible to change the edit systle of a column at run time based on
> condition,
> like edit to editmask at runtime?
> Thanks

0
Simon

Changing style properties at run-time [Edit]
I'm playing around with a FMX app for the first time, and I'm trying to do something really simple: {code} panel1.Color := clBlue; {code} After searching around using Google, on the discussion boards here, and elsewhere, all I've found is how to create a new style for every freaking possible combination of styles that you'd ever want and switch between them at run-time, and a tutorial on how to build a parser that searches through .style files and uses RTTI to use dynamic casting to look-up and change property values at run-time. Can somebody please show me a simpl...

Change the edit style of column at run-time!!!
Just set the properties of the new edit style. For instance to change to a checkbox, then something like dw_1.Modify("colname.CheckBox.3D=Yes colname.CheckBox.Off='N' colname.Checkbox.On='Y' colname.CheckBox.Text='Your text goes here' ") HTH Simon -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer "Savvoulidis Iordanis" <mail@2tee-loutr.kor.sch.gr> wrote in message news:JFx7ivM0BHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

Change a column's edit style at run-time
How do you change a column's edit style at run time? We need to toggle a column between edit and drop-down datawindow. We've succeeded in changing it from edit to dddw by setting dddw properties via Modify. Setting edit properties doesn't change it back, however. The Edit.Style property is only valid for Describe. Any ideas? Put the column twice in the detail band, overlay, set .visible property and toggle it. Simple and effective.. Stephanie Giovannini wrote in message <5VxwtLVU#GA.226@forums.powersoft.com>... >How do you change a column's edit styl...

Changing a Label's Font Style at run time [Edit]
IW14.0.22Ultimate. DelphiXE4. TIWLabel.OnMouseOver I'd like change the Font.Style to fsunderline. It appears compiler does not like any changes to font style beyond those established at design time. Is there a unit that I'm not including, or if not, does anyone know of any run-time work-arounds short of writing a css or adding the styles to an existing one? Thinking I might outsmart any style sheet or css I set the style as underline at design-time (component and region) so I could clear the style at MouseOver (which works) and then get it back on OnMouseOut, but it didn't...

Changing styles programatically at run-time
I have a HyperLink control. I don't want its text to be underlined. The typical response to this is "use style sheets". But I don't want to use style sheets; I want to set the Underlined property of the Font object to false, and have that render as a style, just like it does when you set that same property to true. Is this really too much to ask? Or is there a way to make this happen that I haven't found? AutoFed Maybe I'm misunderstanding you ... the font object? Are you talking about the <font> tag? If so, that tag is deprecated and should be avoided. Style sheets a...

How to change a column Style at running time for datawindow
I have a datawindown with a couple of columns on it. I would like to display one of column in a different Style under different situation. e.g. I want column A to display in a DropDownDW Style when user click on "Browse" button, and I want column A to display in a Edit Style when user click on "Insert" button. I really appreciate if you can show me how? ...

changing style type for a column on run time?
Hello... Using Powerbuilder 7: I have a Window which contains a Data Window control. The Data Window control has two relevant columns: column_a and column_b. At design time, column_b has Edit on Style Type. On runtime, if column_a has a certain specific value, I would like column_b to have the Style Type changed to a DropDownDW using dw_Source as DataWindow, c_display as Display Column, c_Store as Data Column, Always Show Arrow Selected and VScrollBar Selected... If column_a has any other value, I want column_b back to Edit as Style Type. Is this possible? How is the s...

How to change a column Style at running time for datawindow
I have a datawindown with a couple of columns on it. I would like to display one of column in a different Style under different situation. e.g. I want column A to display in a DropDownDW Style when user click on "Browse" button, and I want column A to display in a Edit Style when user click on "Insert" button. I really appreciate if you can show me how? ...

How to change a column's Style at run time
I have a datawindown with a couple of columns on it. I would like to display column A in a different Style under different situations. e.g. display column A in "DropDownDW" style when a user click on "Browse" button and display it in "Edit" style when a user click on "Insert" button. I really appreciate if you can show me how. ...

Changing Font Style of List Item At run time
Dim li As New ListItem For Each li In chklstSubService.Items If ObjDR("subservicetype") = 0 Then li.Text--------------- ?????? End If I want to make the text bold at run timeRegardsSarikasarika How about this: Dim li As New ListItem For Each li In chklstSubService.Items If ObjDR("subservicetype") = 0 Then li.Text = "<b>" & li.Text & "</b>" End If Dirty, but it works..! HiTry if this works Dim li As New ListItemFor Each li In chklstSubService.ItemsIf ObjDR("subservicetype") = 0 Thenli.Attributes.CssStyle.Add("font-weight", "bold")li.Text--------...

Style Sheet Changes
I have a fairly simple web page that uses StyleSheet.css which works as expected.  I changed the background image, and the new image appears in the background in design view.  When I run the page, the old image is displayed.  I copied StyleSheet.css to StyleSheet2.css, made the changes in  StyleSheet2.css, and applied it to the web page.  It worked fine.  The same thing happened when I changed the background color (before I applied the image).  Every time I make a change in the Style Sheet, I need to create a new one before it takes effect upon run time.&nb...

How to change a column's Style at run time for datawindown
I have a datawindown with a couple columns on it. I would like to display column A in a different Style under different situations at running time. e.g. I would like column A to display DropDownDW Style when user click on the "Browse" button and display Edit Style when user click on the "Insert" button. I really appreciated if you can show me how. Hope wrote: > > I have a datawindown with a couple columns on it. > I would like to display column A in a different Style > under different situations at running time. > e.g. I would like column A to...

How to change a column's Style at run time #2
I have a datawindown with a couple of columns on it. I would like to display column A in a different Style under different situations. e.g. display column A in "DropDownDW" style when a user click on "Browse" button and display it in "Edit" style when a user click on "Insert" button. I really appreciate if you can show me how. Check out the Modify command, eg dw_1.Modify("<colname>.dddw...") and dw_1.Modify("<colname>.edit...") Setting a dddw property will automatically change the edit style to dddw, simila...

How can i change the width of textbox in edit mode on run-time?
How can i change the width of textbox in edit mode on run-time? this might help<script type="text/javascript">    function test(control)    {        control.style.width = 10 + 10*(control.value.length);    }    </script>        <asp:TextBox type="text" runat="server" id="txtBox" onkeyup="test(this);"/>         TiGGeR add the following class in the app_code fo...

Web resources about - Change edit style at run time - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Name change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For name changes within the Wikipedia community, see Wikipedia:Changing username . For name changes of places rather than persons, see Geographical ...

Back to basics on coal's role in climate change
We need to talk about coal. Not emission reduction strategies, the advantages of hyper-supercritical coal-fired power stations or the architecture ...

A New Class of Ailes Apprentices: ‘These Graduates Are Going to Change the World’
... today. “As I look around the room, I see a few of our other graduates,” said Ailes at Thursday’s ceremony. “These graduates are going to change ...

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose by digby This quote from Milton Eisenhower (I like Ike's brother) is via a very interesting piece by ...

These 13 life hacks will change the way you use Google Chrome
Since it debuted in 2008, Google Chrome has quickly risen to be the most popular web browser in the world, beating out Firefox and Internet Explorer ...

People And Businesses Named ‘Isis’ Really Don’t Want To Change Their Names
... This isn’t working out so well for companies and people called Isis. You might remember one early victim, the Isis Mobile Wallet, which changed ...

Big change to passports
Big change to passports

CDC: Don't Let Dengue Outbreak Change Hawaii Travel Plans
CDC: Hawaii's 88 confirmed dengue fever cases not cause for altering vacation plans

James Franco Tries To Change History In The '11/22/63' Trailer
Alternate histories have always been fertile ground for television. What-if plots were a staple of "The Twilight Zone" and are pretty much the ...

Judge rules Washington state has constitutional duty to fight climate change
... Trust is an organization that has made headlines this year for filing lawsuits on the behalf of children and teens affected by climate change. ...