Can you get rid of the Black Background when you click on a column header in a Grid datawindow

Is there anyway of getting rid of the black background when you click on a
column header in a grid datawindow. I am using the PFC sort service and I
find the black background a nuisance. I still need to be able to move and
resize colums so turing the grid off is not an option.

I have mouse selection turned off but this only prevents the individual
columns from turning black and it doesn't make any difference if you click
on the column header.

I am using PB 6.5.1

Regards
Colin
0
colinb
3/5/2001 9:56:47 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

Right-click the datawindow background, and bring up the properties dialog.
Uncheck the "Mouse Selection" checkbox.

--
<hopethishelps />
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

<colinb@teamsoft.ie> wrote in message
> Is there anyway of getting rid of the black background when you click on a
> column header in a grid datawindow. I am using the PFC sort service and I
> find the black background a nuisance. I still need to be able to move and
> resize colums so turing the grid off is not an option.
>
> I have mouse selection turned off but this only prevents the individual
> columns from turning black and it doesn't make any difference if you click
> on the column header.
>
> I am using PB 6.5.1
>
> Regards
> Colin

0
Roy
3/5/2001 2:36:27 PM
As I stated in my original posting, I do have Mouse Selection turned off.
This DOES NOT prevent the column background turning black when you click on
the column header. ( it only prevents the background turning black when you
click on the column itself )

Regards
Colin
0
colinb
3/5/2001 3:26:34 PM
You can check the dwo.name property in the clicked event to determine if the
mouse is in the header band, and if so, set Message.Processed = TRUE and
return a value of 1.

--

> As I stated in my original posting, I do have Mouse Selection turned off.
> This DOES NOT prevent the column background turning black when you click
on
> the column header. ( it only prevents the background turning black when
you
> click on the column itself )
>
> Regards
> Colin

0
Roy
3/5/2001 3:36:25 PM
Cheers Row, I'll try that when I get a chance. Will this still allow the
PFC Sort Service to execute ?
0
colinb
3/6/2001 12:08:49 PM
   You can get rid of this behavior if you uncheck "Column Moving" in dw
painter, however, you won't be able to move columns. The method Roy stated
does the same thing.

Jakub Janda

<colinb@teamsoft.ie> wrote in message
> Is there anyway of getting rid of the black background when you click on a
> column header in a grid datawindow. I am using the PFC sort service and I
> find the black background a nuisance. I still need to be able to move and
> resize colums so turing the grid off is not an option.
>
> I have mouse selection turned off but this only prevents the individual
> columns from turning black and it doesn't make any difference if you click
> on the column header.
>
> I am using PB 6.5.1
>
> Regards
> Colin

0
Jakub
3/6/2001 1:57:37 PM
I tried that Roy but I can no longer move or resize the columns.
I would like to keep all the functionality of the grid and just get rid of
that crude black background which appears when you click on a column
header.

Any ideas ??

regards
Colin
0
colinb
3/6/2001 2:19:14 PM
Turning mouse selection off doesn't prevent the background from turning
black when you click on a column header.

I would like to maintain all of the functionality of a grid ( column
moving,resizing etc. ) but I would like to get rid of that "UGLY" black
background.

Any ideas ?

Regards
Colin
0
colinb
3/6/2001 3:00:13 PM
> Turning mouse selection off doesn't prevent the background from turning
> black when you click on a column header.
>
> I would like to maintain all of the functionality of a grid ( column
> moving,resizing etc. ) but I would like to get rid of that "UGLY" black
> background.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Regards
> Colin

I repeat, you can get rid of this feature by turning off "Column Moving"
(NOT "Mouse selection"). Anyway, I am afraid that if you want to move
columns, there is no way to turn off this annoying feature (resizing columns
works, tho). I tried hard as well.

Jakub Janda

0
Jakub