can we run another application from a PB application

Can anybody tell me if its possible to run a second PB application from
an already running PB application?

If yes, then is there any way to terminate the first application and
continue with the second?

Thanks,
Menka Gupta
Corsair Communications, Inc.

0
Menka
12/2/1999 8:24:26 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

Run("secondapp.exe")
Halt Close

S Rivankar

Menka Gupta wrote in message <3846D57A.FE3778BB@corsair.com>...
>Can anybody tell me if its possible to run a second PB application from
>an already running PB application?
>
>If yes, then is there any way to terminate the first application and
>continue with the second?
>
>Thanks,
>Menka Gupta
>Corsair Communications, Inc.

Or better (in terms of cleaning up) would be

Run("secondapp.exe")
Close(<mdi_frame_window>)

Simon

S Rivankar wrote in message <2mmJ5pRP$GA.313@forums.sybase.com>...
>Run("secondapp.exe")
>Halt Close
>
>S Rivankar

0
Simon

Run PB application from any another application
is it possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder application from any other application ? any input is greatly appreciated. If the other application has the ability to start applications. To pass a value, you can add command line arguments to your run script, look at commandparm() function in PB for getting those values. You can also use the windows SendMessage API call to trigger events on windows/application. <Julie> wrote in message news:4048e90b.6e7e.846930886@sybase.com... > is it possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder > applicatio...

SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.
Hi, My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't. When I run the application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts. When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login box. No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the following SQLSTATE = 08001 error. How can I stop this from occurring? The SQLCA code and ini file are below. code: startupfile = "pds.ini" /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */ sqlca.DBMS...

How Can I handle a PB Application from another Windows Application
Hy Guys, I have a big problem, I don't know how handle an Application created by PB from another application. I. E.How can I launch the an event or a global function or get some properties value? Thanks. Stefano Giostra. You can trigger user events mapped to pbm_custom01-pbm_custom75 by using the SendMessage Win32 API using message IDs between 1024 and 1098, respectively. You will need to use the FindWindow API to get the handle of the main window of the application you want to "talk" to. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Develop...

How can I run another application from PB ?
How can I run another application from PB script and continue its execution after finish this application (NOT immediately after start) ? Thanks, Radko Najman Look at the CreateProcess() Win32 API -- it allows for this type of functionality. There are a number of posts titled "Run Command" in this forums that mention that. Roy On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:46:44 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript Radko Najman <radko.najman@ksprogram.cz> wrote: >How can I run another application from PB script and continue its >execution after finish this ...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Opening a window from a running application on another application
Hi! An answer would be appreciated... * Is there another way to open the windows that belongs to different application (executables/DLLs) other than executing a DDE call from a calling executable (by having the launch pad executable serve as the "client" and the executable of the different applications being the "server" to establish the DDE communication so that windows that is contained within the executable's DLLs would be opened) ? * Someone suggested of having an OLE... How does it work if lets say I'm gonna opening a window from a running application on a...

PB Application to PB Application communication
I need to have 2 powerbuilder application be able to communicate with one another. A string is all I need to pass between the two applications. I tried creating a com object that I could connect to from both applications. This com object would basically store the information I want to pass between the two applications in an instance variable. One application would populate that instance variable, then notify the other application(through the send command) to go read the information in the com object. I created the com object fine and can call a function on the com object ...

How can I run the third party application from my web application?
Hi, I am having an application installed on my server which will take a text file as input and will generate an image as per the content of the text file. I am having a page in my application that should run a stored procedure and get the output, and put it in a text file and then run the application installed on the server to generate the image and enable the user to view or download it. How can i acheive this? How can I run the third party application from my web application? good luck.. the security setup will be a nightmare if it's an EXE. Ideally that app would have an API call ...

How to Run my .exe file or Application in the Background using .NET Application like explorer.exe file is Running always in the Background...(you can see in task Manager..)
Hi , This is Sundar , i want to develope one small Application in windows or web ,that should send the mail continiously according to at what time scheduled in the application and that should Running in the Background always like windows service,SQL server ........ so , please help me ......................  what;s the problem if you develop an windows service and install it in your system.  http://www.15seconds.com/issue/021007.htmGive a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.  see, i have created the Windows services and wh...

how can I do to run an application from another one?.
--------------3E3DA6FDDD04E61EF3981BF1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi everybody. I have a principal application and I want to run a exe application, but i have this problems: the exe appliaction does not find the dll because they are in another directory, but each application can run by themselves. thanks for your help. Maritza Argueta. --------------3E3DA6FDDD04E61EF3981BF1 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <HTML> Hi everybody. <P>I have a principal appli...

Can a PB application be run off a server?
I have a dumb question even though I know the answer. I was asked to post this anyway. Our client wants to avoid installing Oracle client on every client machine. Instead, they asked if a copy of the PB application can be put onto a network drive and all clients have a shortcut pointing to the exe on this server and use the ODBC connection the server has? Is this possible? thanks. The oracle client (Net8 or SQLNet) will still have to be loaded on each workstation unless you are using Citrix, PCAnywhere, etc., that allows you to work directly on the server. cdc <dtsakiris> ...

Application to Application
Hi,  Curious on what different solutions there are for one application that is closing down to contact another application. I have the closing down applicaton sending something to the database and for the other application to monitor the database records, but I think that is a horrible solution. Another idea would be when the closing down application sends a message to the database for the database to then respond by sending a message to the other application, but that means the database would have to know where the other application is.  If possible, the security issue mak...

How Can VB Application Trigger Events or [talk to] PB Application
Hi all I want to know - if applicable - How Can Visual Basic Application Call PowerBuilder Application to Run functions, Open windows, Etc -- Thanks in advance ------------------------------------------------------- Waleed Seada ------------------------------------------------------- Check out the use of OLE Automation in PowerBuilder, within the Application Techniques manual. On 11 May 2004 00:13:51 -0700, "Waleed Seada[BearingPoint]" <DSweetPrince@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi all > I want to know - if applicable - How Can Visual Basic >...

How can I launch other application from PowerBuilder and wait until the launched application terminates before continuing?
I need to write function launches the application specified by StringParameter with the command line parameters. The function should wait until the launched application terminates before continuing. How can I do it using PowerBuilder and Windows API ? mail: igorm@proactivityinc.com In article <i6rNFfSBAHA.203@forums.sybase.com>, igor@proactivityinc.com says... > I need to write function launches the application specified by > StringParameter with the command line parameters. The function should wait > until the launched application terminates before continuing...

Web resources about - can we run another application from a PB application - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications ...
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 27 percent from ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Capacitive touch demand on the rise for most applications
The proportion of capacitive touch is growing in segments including smartphone, tablet, notebook and all-in-one PC applications, due to reduced ...